PDA

View Full Version : Moss to be traded...

Opus
02-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Reports on MSN state that it appears Vikings WR / jerk Randy Moss will be traded shortly to the Oakland Raiders....:lol: :lol: :lol:

56Parkies
02-23-2005, 03:36 PM
damn.. I liked the Raiders..

Diesel
02-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Isn't that a perfect fit.

Opus
02-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Isn't that a perfect fit.oh yeah.....:lol:

Al must like his Hutzpah :lol:

Diesel
02-23-2005, 04:34 PM
His hizzle pizzle ?

lloyd
02-23-2005, 04:39 PM
oh yeah.....:lol:

Al must like his Hutzpah :lol:
you mean chutzpah!

Opus
02-23-2005, 04:57 PM
shhhh the C in this case is silent......unlike Randy.....

gizmo fan 2
02-23-2005, 05:04 PM
shhhh the C in this case is silent......unlike Randy.....

:lol:

earl2
02-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Back to the trade... ;)
I'm fairly surprised this deal went through, seeing as how the Vikings are awaiting new ownership. Still don't know what to think.
Obviously Moss is the best receiver in the league right now (we can have that argument another time...), and he should definately make the Raiders offence much more explosive. I'm not sure however that the Raiders need another player that is a distraction. They are only a season removed from having teammates get in a fist fight on the sidelines...
As for the Vikings, this could be a good thing for the offence. As we saw in the playoff game against Philly, Culpepper will throw to Moss under any circumstance, sometimes to the detriment of the team. Even Moss won't catch many against triple coverage...
The biggest problem this creates for the Vikes is that it now allows teams to not have to focus on Moss, and can therefore play a wider variety of coverages and blitzes.
Apparantly Napoleon Harris is a very good young linebacker although I have little knowledge of him. I'm a little dissappointed the Vikings didnt get two proven starters in a deal. I would have hoped they could have filled two holes on defence with a trade, but c'est la vie...

Opus
02-24-2005, 08:25 AM
you forgot the part about ensuring the Packers win an NFC Norris title for the 4th straight year.....:D

Diesel
02-24-2005, 08:36 AM
With all the good teams in the AFC, Moss won't be getting anywhere near a superbowl for quite some time. :thup:

Nanookster
02-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Moss would fit right in with the Riders. :)

Joepritch2
02-26-2005, 08:40 AM
You know, I've been thinking about this, and the more I think about it, the more it seems like Favre losing Sharpe. He became much more open to throwing to others instead of focusing on one receiver. This might make the Vikings even more dangerous in the long run, I fear.

earl2
02-26-2005, 01:46 PM
You know, I've been thinking about this, and the more I think about it, the more it seems like Favre losing Sharpe. He became much more open to throwing to others instead of focusing on one receiver. This might make the Vikings even more dangerous in the long run, I fear.
Here's hoping.
Culpepper definately did focus on Moss too much at times. If (and these are big ifs) Burleson continues to develop the way he has over his first two seasons, Robinson can avoid injuries and be an every down second reciever, the Vikes either sign or draft a reliable third reciever, Kleinsasser stays healthy, and Wiggins re-signs; the Vikings should still be a top 10 offence as their running game will be fine.