PDA

View Full Version : F1 2005

TurfToe
03-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Two races in and two wins by Renault!?!? :D :D :D who would have thought!

And Ferrari is still having problems! :thup:

Diesel
03-21-2005, 03:32 PM
While I like the sudden parity, I'm not a fan of having to use one set of tires from qualifying thru the race. The engine rule bugs me as well.

TurfToe
03-21-2005, 03:34 PM
well yeah... I can't dispute that... but I was just so tired of Ferrari all the time. kinda like the way most everyone feels about the Esks I guess! ;)

Diesel
03-21-2005, 03:37 PM
F1 is soooo political which is why the competition disparity became so large. Ferrarri has yet to unveil their 05 car. Look for changes once that happens and look for Bridgestone to get off their arses and deliver a decent tire.

TurfToe
03-21-2005, 03:43 PM
no kidding... actually that 'political' nature has more often than not kept me from getting truly getting into F1.

To be honest, my preferred racing is CanAm... used to go see the races at old Edmonton International Speedway! Mark Donahue, Bruce (?) McLaren... I don't mind the series now... but I'm not thrilled with all the different classes racing at once.

oh yeah... though I don't follow it like I used to, I'm still a sucker for the Drags!

Diesel
03-21-2005, 03:52 PM
We got to meet Snake Prudhome at Firebird in Phoenix and told him we were from Edmonton, which prompted Snake to reminice, " Oh yeah....I remember racin' Gordie Bonnin up there......real nice town.....shytty track!" :rofl:

TurfToe
03-21-2005, 03:56 PM
:lol:

Diesel
03-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Man, we ALL laughed!

Opus
03-21-2005, 04:34 PM
still hard to believe they shot that crappy movie out of there.....

Diesel
03-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Why I love racin, at the NHRA events we've met and talked to all the big names, Snake, Bernstein, Force, etc.

TurfToe
03-21-2005, 08:11 PM
well they're real people, aren't they? They're the guys who do it more for the thrill than the glory. Sure they wanna win, but it's more of a brotherhood.

While I love what goes into an F1 vehicle to make it do what it does from a technology standpoint, I can't say the same for what goes into an F1 vehicle from the human standpoint.

TurfToe
04-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Another win for Ren! and Ferrari was running the new car... admittedly the tires were crap and they're still 'collecting data'.

But with Toyota also gaining ground - and throw in Sauger and McLaren to muddy the field - I'd say the red horsies might be getting into a hole too deep to get themselves out of if they don't turn things around quick. Could make for an interesting season ... for a change!