PDA

View Full Version : Bonds likely to Miss Season

Esks4ever
03-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Bonds likely to miss season

Associated Press

3/22/2005

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) - Barry Bonds said he might miss the rest of this season following his latest knee surgery.

"I have a lot of work to do to try to get back, maybe next season, maybe by mid-season," he said Tuesday after meeting with San Francisco Giants trainer Stan Conte for 90 minutes.

"Right now I'm just going to try to rehab myself back to, I don't know, hopefully next season, hopefully middle of the season. I don't know," Bonds said. "Right now I'm just gonna take things slow. I feel bad for the guys because I want to be out there for them."

The Giants continue to hope it will be much sooner that the seven-time NL MVP is back on the field.

Bonds, who arrived on crutches with his son, sounded despondent on Tuesday, using the world "tired" 14 times while speaking with reporters for about 10 minutes.

"I really don't have much to say anymore," the embattled slugger said. "My son and I just going to enjoy life. My family's tired. You guys [the media] wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got there.

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted the bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. I'm done. Do the best I can, that's about it."

Asked if there was something specific he was talking about Bonds said, "Inner hurt, physical, mentally. Done. I'm mentally drained. I'm tired of my kids crying. Tired."

Bonds originally underwent knee surgery on Jan. 31. Four days later he accidentally hit his knee on a table at SBC Park in San Francisco and the knee had periods of swelling. An MRI last week revealed further tears in the knee.

Conte said there was no way of knowing whether the incident on Feb. 4 caused further damage.

"And we don't care," Conte said. "We're starting with a clean slate. We'll try to get it right."

Bonds begins the season third on the career homers list with 703, trailing Babe Ruth (714) and Hank Aaron (755).

Esks4ever
03-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Nawww it doesn't have anything to do with the on going sterord issue :rolleyes:

earl2
03-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Nawww it doesn't have anything to do with the on going sterord issue :rolleyes:
:wham: :wham: :wham:

Hopefully, this will keep him from breaking the home run record. I wouldn't want to see Bonds get that one.

esks4life
03-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Good!! I hate Bonds. :2:

EskiPhenom
03-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh ya, and Ruth was a saint....

You guys should watch 61*. Great movie, and it shows what these guys go through. I know certain things are different now with more money and such, but how would you like to sort through hate mail everyday and then sit down to the latest Sports show at night with your kids, hearing about how much you suck? Or reading it in the paper every morning? It hardly makes you want to be any nicer to the media. Read Kep's book that he wrote in '83. He talks about the same thing.

People underestimate the power of the press, I think.

gizmo fan 2
03-22-2005, 08:01 PM
If he's out for the season, good riddance, IMO.

esks4life
03-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh ya, and Ruth was a saint....

You guys should watch 61*. Great movie, and it shows what these guys go through. I know certain things are different now with more money and such, but how would you like to sort through hate mail everyday and then sit down to the latest Sports show at night with your kids, hearing about how much you suck? Or reading it in the paper every morning? It hardly makes you want to be any nicer to the media. Read Kep's book that he wrote in '83. He talks about the same thing.

People underestimate the power of the press, I think.
Bonds is a great athlete no question. But anyone can become a good athlete while on the juice. Please dont tell me your going to defend Bonds and say he doesnt do that. The guy is what, 42? And getting bigger and stronger each year? Hes always been a prick to the media since day 1. Hes always been arrogant IMO so thats probably why people are glad hes done for the year.

Evil Dr. Len
03-23-2005, 05:39 AM
:wham: :wham: :wham:

Hopefully, this will keep him from breaking the home run record. I wouldn't want to see Bonds get that one.

my sentiments EXACTLY

eskimoses
03-23-2005, 11:09 AM
In todays sports culture Bonds is among THE WORST ROLE MODELS FOR A SPORT!! He makes Jose and Koby look good! Why would ANYONE try and defend this egomaniacle a@#%#^# and say he is getting persecuted. His MOUTH is what persecutes him... not the press and definitly not the color of his skin!
This moron may have skill(real AND artificial) but he is a complete embarassment to baseball and professional sports in general!
The sooner sports dump cancers like him, the better!!!!!!! :mad: :cool: :thup:

Esks4ever
03-23-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't like Bonds.... He doesn't support the MLBPA - which is why he is never in any game that has the MLBPA behind it.. like MVP Baseball.. its like everything has to be about him...

lloyd
03-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Hes a different guy, but I really dont mind him, he tells it like it is.

eskimoses
03-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Hes a different guy, but I really dont mind him, he tells it like it is.

No, he tells you what HE thinks it is..... and "reality" doesn't even live in the same zip code as this putz!!! :cool:

eskimojones
04-13-2005, 06:34 PM
The reality is that Bonds is embarassed and ashamed of the fact that he used steroids. He won't admit it, though. It's funny that a guy that is so arrogant and cocky is too much of a sissy to face the media or the fans, and admit what everyone already knows. I hope he never plays again. Besides, if he did play this year he would either test positive for roids or his performance would drastically decrease. Bonds is a joke! :mad:

Diesel
04-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Bonds will be back three weeks after they perfect his newest cycle