PDA

View Full Version : Is Bonds' situation his own doing?

EskiPhenom
03-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Stealing this from Sportsnet:

Now that Bond's career is serious jeopardy, I thought Id get a feel of how people on this site view him.

So who's to blame for Barry Bonds' troubles?

esks4life
03-22-2005, 08:25 PM
How did you get to vote twice?

EskiPhenom
03-22-2005, 08:33 PM
I made the poll, I made the options. I think the anwser is that its a combination of both. Sure he's on steroids and that's just dumb, but so is 50% of the MLB. Why is this guy getting punished for being the guy who used the juice best?

He's still an absolutely incredible athlete. He only swings at something like 3% of the balls he gets thorwn (I read this in SI a while ago), half of those aren't even strikes, yet he still cranks all these homers. He's by far the most feared man by pitchers in the league.

IMO, the media has been on his back since day one. He just wanted to live his life pirvately at first because he knew he wasn't the greatest guy or role model, and didn't want the public the know everything about him. Lots of people are that way.

Evil Dr. Len
03-23-2005, 05:45 AM
Barry Bonds is an athlete, a very good athlete...the fact he's got the personality of a tree stump should not be used against him...it is and largely due to our national "we need a story" media it is overly used against the guy.

If the media weren't so willing to harp on his personality maybe then people would pay more attention to the job he does as an athlete because you can't argue with what he's done over the course of his career.

All that said, I hope he doesn't break the homerun record because of all the steroids bullship.

Stamps
03-23-2005, 10:11 AM
What a priss "You guys the media have really hurt me" :rofl:

Sniper_Fire
03-23-2005, 10:30 AM
I just couldn't hold up under all this pressure. Or Ego.
Sincerely,
Barry Bonds' Knee.

Esks4ever
03-23-2005, 10:41 AM
or the constant jabs with the needle :D