PDA

View Full Version : How Ricky Ray spent his summer vacation...

Beerfish
04-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Pics # 35 and 8

http://www.jetsinsider.com/minicamp2005/index.html

gizmo fan 2
04-29-2005, 09:15 PM
I count at least 4 QB's there. He probably isn't getting many snaps at all.

Esks4ever
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I count at least 4 QB's there. He probably isn't getting many snaps at all.

:mad: IMO he deserves better

gizmo fan 2
04-29-2005, 09:25 PM
:mad: IMO he deserves better

I agree.

EskiPhenom
04-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Its just ridiculous that he's making the same mistake Burris did and wasting some good years down there. I figured he'd be smarter than this. :(

esks4life
04-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Its just ridiculous that he's making the same mistake Burris did and wasting some good years down there. I figured he'd be smarter than this. :(
I agree. I think if the Esks hadnt won the GC in '03 he would still be here.

I wonder why he went to the Jets anyways. Why not go to a team like Arizona, Oakland or Buffalo. Where he could have had a more legitimate chance at making starter or at least 2nd string.

Party Time
04-30-2005, 12:13 PM
at the time he did have a shot at making 2nd string with the Jets, they just screwed him over during TC.

Numberz
04-30-2005, 01:47 PM
esks4life, im pretty sure ricky was goin south before the grey cup, i think i remember something about him goin to a jets camp before the GC.

MEEZY
05-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately, I think that he's signed for this year, so he really has no choice in the matter.

Next year, however, I think that he'll learn his lesson and either try another team in the NFL or come back here. Something tells me that the former will happen before the latter...

EskiPhenom
05-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately, I think that he's signed for this year, so he really has no choice in the matter.

Next year, however, I think that he'll learn his lesson and either try another team in the NFL or come back here. Something tells me that the former will happen before the latter...

It doesn't matter if he's signed, he still has to make the team. With two proven starters in NY and the team seeming to favour Brooks Bolinger, I don't know if they want him as number 4.

MEEZY
05-01-2005, 05:29 PM
It doesn't matter if he's signed, he still has to make the team. With two proven starters in NY and the team seeming to favour Brooks Bolinger, I don't know if they want him as number 4.

I hope that you're right. It would definitely free him up to pursue other opportunities; however, I'm not entirely convinced that we won't see a repeat of last year, with Ray coming on and off the practice roster.

If they do release Ray, it's probably a given that he'll sign on somewhere else in the NFL rather than head up north right away. Hopefully, he chooses to sign somewhere he has a legitimate chance at competing for a #2 spot.

esks4life
05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Im a Browns fan and now that they got rid of Garcia and brought in lame o Trent Dilfer, Ray should head there. Thats a team that would give him a legit shot IMO.