PDA

View Full Version : User Bios

Angelus
05-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Alright, so I think this thread is necessary at this point in time. Diesel, FF, E4E and I have been discussing various meet & greet type situations and we think one of the problems that might arise is that we don't know each other well enough. It's always an "interesting" situation if you're going to meet people who you only know online.

So Muley69 (thanks bud) had the idea that we should get to know each other better by posting a picture. So that's what this is for. If you don't have a picture, at least give us some details about yourself. Your name? What do you do? Married? Kids? etc.

I put this in the Eskimos forum so everyone sees it. I hope to see y'all participating.

I shall start:

My name is Phil. I'm 22 and a student at Grant Macewan in the BCom transfer program. I hope to transfer to the UofA after next year. I've worked for IBM and Intuit Canada in the tech field but hated it so I decided to go back to school. Right now I'm looking for a part-time job to pay my way through school...

No girlfriend at the moment, although I'm always looking. I live in the Londonderry area with my sister and my dog Payton. I drive a '91 white daytona that used to have a killer sound system until it was jacked. Well, that's a good start. NEXT!

Oh, and here's a really bad picture. This was taken in Brazil, my brother is on the left and I'm on the right. We were on top of the roof of a boat and it was freaking HOT!

Diesel
05-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Diesel, 33, never and no, live in Strathern. Work as a 12volt industry sales rep. Sports nut in both watching and playing and have been fortunate enough to have known several local atheletes and sport releated celebs over the years. Played a small role in bringing Mobes back to Edm and never recieved a dime for it! {:^>

Tojo
05-17-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm 38. I've been married to my lovely wife for almost 11 years. We have two wonderful daughters into dance, ball and soccer.
I'm a member of Edmonton's news media and live in the west end.
I've been a fan of the Green & Gold ever since I can remember. Love this site, it's great to connect with other Eskimo die-hards!

lloyd
05-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa, moved to Regina in '89 (what a year!). Moving to your humble city in a few month and will be holding fort on Whyte Ave.

MEEZY
05-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey everyone,

My name's Andrea, and besides being an avid Esks Fan, I work as a private tutor. I absolutely love my job; I make my own hours, I work out of my own home, and hell, I can sleep in until noon (or later)! :azzangel:

There are some disadvantages to my job as well, such as enduring alternating crazy times (like right now) and quiet spells. I have a teaching certificate, but I much prefer to work one-on-one with students; it's much more satisfying to build that personal rapport with people rather than teaching to a mass of uncooperative students.

Besides tutoring, I also work as an editor through the University, and in my spare time (what little of it exists), I write short stories and poems. I'm hoping to one day get something published.... :blackey:

Oh, and one more thing. I'm not from Edmonton; actually, I reside in London, Ontario. So why am I an Esks and Oil fan? Well, my mom's side of the family came from Edmonton, so I grew up watching those teams. Last summer, I met a bunch of the Esks players (including Mobes; I'm not sure if he remembers though) in Burlington, where my parents live. In case some of you on here haven't met any of the guys, I can assure you that they're all awesome! :color:

Edit: Here's my pic...finally!

mobes27
05-18-2004, 06:25 AM
well here's a picture of me and a few friends with a cup and i should have more picts. like this after the season. I'm #27

Muley69
05-18-2004, 08:56 AM
okay........now that I'm at home I can post the only pic I have of myself on my comp, it was taken a few years back when I got married, it is likely the best pic I have of myself as well......

Thank you, thank you, Fishman.

The ONLY picture of me that i currently have on this comp is my wedding photo's. Here is one of me, and likely the best one I've had taken in a LONG time. (Hope the wife doesn't mind me posting her face on this site either...) I was worried about how dumb it would look to post a wedding photo on a CFL website...but since you've broken the mold, I feel that it's okay if I do the same.

Name is Dave, I'm 25 (as on last Wednesday) and currently live in the downtown area of town, near the Molson Canadian Brewery by no coincidence. Went to the U of A and earned a specialized degree in Math and Economics and have stayed ever since.

I work in the pensions industy, and I do have a story about my job as it relates to the CFL. One day Allen Pitts phoned our office with a question about his CFL pension...and this was right around the time that Flutie was about to break his yardage record and the Stamps were trying to fly in Pitts to "hand off the torch" as it were. (You may remember that Allen declined).

Regretably, I wasn't the one that had the conversation with him...

Sandy - Edmonton
05-18-2004, 06:19 PM
What's up?

I'm Sundeep.........

Go to the U of A.....likely heading toward a BCom

Been n Oilers n Esks fan since 1993.....

Here's my pic.....

Esk Reporter
05-19-2004, 08:52 PM
What can I tell you about myself...

I was born and raised in Edmonton (not too many can say that anymore), and have been an Eskimo fan since 1972. I fist started attending home games as a member of the old 'Woodwards Knothole' gang back in 1974 and have been hooked ever since. I got my first season tickets in 1980 and have been a regular attender since.

I played in the Edmonton Touch Football League for 12 seasons until I was forced to retire because of a knee injury. And just like a player that can't play the game anymore, I took up coaching. I coached bantam football in St. Albert for seven years (including two with Tom Higgins) before moving to the West Edmonton Raiders last year.

I also covered the Eskimos for 'The Rouge' magazine (R.I.P) from 1997 through the 2002 season. My fondest memory from that time was going to Calgary to cover the Grey Cup for the magazine and having complete media access. This meant attending the closed practices (to the public anyway), being at the Chrysler Awards and of course in the Lions locker room after they won the cup.

frankmorris'brain
05-20-2004, 01:58 AM
Well i prefer to keep my identity to myself, i grew up outside the city, played for the Huskies for a couple of years before going on a football scholarship to Eastern Washington, stayed for two years befor realizing it was not the place for me, moved back to the huskies for a year before going to the University of Western Ontario. Signed as a free agent in the league (in the east) got hurt in camp, ended up on the practice roster for a year played the next year (severlly limated action) called it quits and finished school at the U of A and now work for the federal government in edmonton. By the way, i played Oline. Really involved in coaching football in the city.

TurfToe
05-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Hey gang, those of you that know me ... know me. Can't tell you my real name... matter of national security.

Been an Esk fan for longer than I can remember. In fact, I learned to throw a spiral long before I learned how to skate.

Born and raised in Edmonton. Grew up west of the museum. Went to St. FX. 2 degrees from UofA. Lived S of campus... then around Bonnie Doon.

Moved to Toronto in '95. Living out in Oakville now (Andrea... how often do you go to 'Cats or Argo games? You'll have to hook up with us when the Esks come out!) Still have my season's tix at Commonwealth - Sec X, row 30, seats 1-2... had 'em since the stadium opened. Turn them over to my nephews... the tradition continues.

Not married (long story - requires drinks). No kids - unless you count Arrow the wonder dog - and I do. Drive a Jeep Liberty... it's not an SUV, it's a Jeep. I take if off road and get scratches and stuck in the mud. I laugh at 'grocery getters'. I also have a '67 GTO convertible for when I want to show the tuners what real horsepower means... besides... none of them will ever beat my record for bikini clad girls sitting on the back of the back seat!

I'm a PR dude... been doing that for over 10 years now. Actually, I do that as a freelancer now... get to set my own hours and vacations... can work out of client offices or home... but when I'm not working, I'm not making $$.

Other than off-roading, you can find me canoeing, hiking or inventing drinks. I'm a rabid skier (learned at Sunshine), into scuba and have joined a sailing crew. I love all things CFL (except the Thtampth) - infact my lawyer is an ex-player!

First photo is of True42, Eskinator, Ellis14 and me from last year - the 'power outage game'... I'm the one in the subtle Eskie shirt... I'm rather shy and reserved! Other photo is me and the one and only DRK from a few years back.

In closing a prediction...
GC '04... Esks vs Argos... EE takes it.
'nuff said.

Ricccky
05-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Hi my name is Richard, some people call me Ricky, Rich or Rick, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm 20 years old, I am working full time as an electrical apprentice, Im in my second year now and have been doing it for just over a year. For the most part I like my job, work 7-4or5 everyday and its usually interesting and fun.

I've been browsing esksfans.com since september 03' but until this season I havent posted very much if at all. I guess I like to sit back and watch rather than speak out until I get comfortable.

I've been a season ticket holder for 3 years now, every year I have had different seats. I go with my Brother and his Wife and all 3 of us havent really found a spot that we really like. The first year we on the upper deck section T about half way, last season we were in section T row 35, this season we are in section T upper deck 10 rows from the rail.

I am an avid sports fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Eskimos, I have been for as long as I can remember. I used to play alot of sports in junior high and high school, but now I dont play any. In the winter I snowboard alot, usually go to the mountains at least once a month. I've always wanted to get onto an adult rec soccer team but lately Ive been too busy.

Anyways thats enough for now, I have only 1 picture to post, its from last year and the only one I have since my computer got wiped. Sorry about the bad quality, I had to crop the picture, it was too big.

TurfToe
05-27-2004, 08:58 AM
Hope to hook up with you at a game out here. Best to PM me or send a message to ee5inarow@yahoo.ca.
Cheers, TT

Beerfish
05-30-2004, 02:30 PM
My name is Tim, getting ready to turn 4...mumble mumble cough 44.
I work at the University of Alberta, Facilities Management Dept.
Been an Eskie fan for years, even when I lived on Vancouver Island for 3 years and was inundated with Lions propoganda.....blech.

Single, live on the south side, south and east of the U of A.

Esk Reporter...What team did you play with in the Touch Football league? I played for about 14 or 15 years.

I am not sure how to post an image so I am going to try and use the url command to post a picture of me and my dog and see if that works.

http://members.shaw.ca/Beerfish/LovelyLabs/img_RockyandPal.html

GridironHeros
05-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Old enough to remember when CFL teams could OUTBID NFL teams for new players!! Actually, I'm just 40, but they were still doing that when I was a kid (no, really...).

Live in St. Catharines, ONT, but grew up in the Steeltown: Hamilton.

Been a CFL fan since '72 (hometown Grey Cup win? Fantastic!!), but been a die-hard, raving Ticat fan since '94!

Self-employed, small business entrepreneur, making all sports-related products (figurines, clocks/plaques, etc.). Especially football, and INCLUDING custom CFL items!! Hey, check me out (below) if you're curious. Very unique items no diehard CFL fan should be without (if I DO say so myself! :azzangel: ).

Evil Dr. Len
06-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Who am I? The handle is Evil Dr. EE...formerly EskLen...real name Len.
I'm 27 and been a CFL fan for as long as I can remember...
last year I joined 13thman.com and created a fantasy game (also help iron out the details for the fantasy game played at 55yardline.net). Simply put I got overwhelmed by all the spreadsheet work so I let the game die with me.

Meanwhile, my wife is due in mid-July for our 1st baby together so I had to give up my season tickets this year(had them for 2 years) but fully plan to get them back for 2005.(got them :thup: )

Reasons, I joined this site...it gets a lot of mention at 13thman and being an Esk fan I can't say I know a single other Esk Fan!! My season ticket partner is my 6 year old stepson - - I'm hoping I get to meet other Esk fans, maybe have a cold beverage at halftime or something.

Orangeshoes99
06-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Hey Eskimo fan's, nice little site here. Coming out to Edmonton next weekend to watch the Lions and Eskimos...looking forward to it.

Here is a pic of me and the Legendary Krazy George at a tailgater last season.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/Images/DSC00578.JPG

How come I can't see any of the images?

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Diesel.

I believe he's the one on the right... ;)

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Muley. Good lookin' wife you got there bud... :D

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Lloyd.

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Mobes. He's the one wearing #27... ;)

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Ricccky.

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Sandy.

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Me. On the right.

Second picture is my gf. ***ADULT WARNING***

I was just going off memory, so I hope I got everyone correct.

Opus
06-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Frito's Fan, finally!.......:lol:........
http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 :thup: about time fraidy-cat......

ArgoDave
07-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the pics, guys. :crazy:

And I can just imagine what you're gonna do with them too...
:D

Since I'm here might as well say Hi all, nice site Angelus.:thup:

I'm sure the vast majority of you already know me, and probably regret it ;) but for those who don't here is what you'll see should you ever make it down to TO for a game sometime. :eek:

HD~Silverado
07-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Man, the good times while being 18. I can finally work, make money, and get seasons tickets to the Esks and Oil. Well maybe not the Oil for a few years. Anyways I just graduated from HS in Westlock and am taking forest technologies at Northern Lakes. My family is huge, 9 people, 2 brothers and 4 sisters. My grandparents own Daisy Dollhouse, you might of seen it at Capilano or Northgate in the winter. Living in Flatbush is somewhat secluded but we have been going to Esks games for over 10 years. I can still remember the Labour Day rematch games at Commenwealth sitting in the old knothole gang section. I remember David Archer and his spear at some guy, after which sent them both over the table. A few years back me, my brother and a few of his friends went to a game where Pepsi was introducing Pepsi Blue. By the end of the game the 4 of us left the game with about 5 2L bottles each of the stuff and we had to walk about a km to the van because we were to cheap to pay for parking. Anyways that stuff was the best and I can't understand why somebody would not like Pepsi Blue. I was also at the Giz's retirement game where they unveiled his plaque on the wall of fame. Like I said ealier i am also a rabid Oilers fan. I look forward to many years of CFL football to go along with many GC's. See ya all at Commenwealth.

Boerigter
07-09-2004, 02:40 AM
My name is Danny, as you can tell I'm a Stampeder fan. Now, hold your boos for a second, because I'm just here to post and have fun. Besides, I probably won't be around that much. You will probably notice me talking trash, best idea would be to ignore me. ;) Thats about all, g'day and Go Stamps Go!

stamphater
07-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Well I'm Stamphater (aka. drew, andy, droodles, hockey bum, chalupa, caribou, or any other stupid nicknames you wanna come up with.)

I live in a small town near Calgary and have Stampeder season tickets. I am 19 and gonna go to SAIT next year and go into journalism. I work part-time in a Liquor store, which needless to say is sweet! I love the Guitar and play it all the time. I still have yet to meet anyone here yet, hopefully that changes sometime down the line.

No GF right now, and I drive a Corolla. I'm not sure how to get a picture on here, perhaps someone can help me? Thats about all their is to know about me. Oh yeah, I have a really crappy computer that takes 10 minutes to get one take down.

wildwest
07-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Well I am still pretty much a computer dummy, so I still don't know how to post a picture here, but here are a few things about me.

My name is Jamie. I am 34 and have lived in Edmonton most of my life. I work as a professional basketball and sailing instructor, which means 1/3 of the time I am all over western Canada and the States, the other 2/3 I am at home with my beautiful wife and 4 month old son.

I appreciate having this opportunity to go on about the CFL with you guys because I love to analyse and theorize things to death sometimes (must be the coach in me), and my family and friends just won't put up with that as much as I would like.

I would certainly be up for any future get togethers, schedule permitting.

Juicy
07-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey..... first time here or any forum, but am suddenly interested...

Big confession....... I've never been to a game......... :eek: I have watched a couple, and I plan to attend my first game in a couple of weeks, but how did I get here...... ???

I have noticed a couple of the players who live in my building and have had opportunity to say hi from time to time, and thought it might be cool to get to know the team and sport better.

So...... be gentle...... it's my first time.... ;)

esksgirls.com
07-14-2004, 05:16 AM
Hello Everyone.

I come by way of the CFRN article I saw.

My name is Arthur, I'll answer to almost anything as long as it's not foul. Well, actually I'll answer to most of that too.

I'm 32, I work with computers... networks and the internet mainly. I live East of Edmonton most of the time and on the West end some of the time. I've been going to games since I can remember. My dad has had seasons tickets forever. I now have my own set and haven't missed a one. Funny how when it rains, you find out who's really a fan though :confused:

I drive a wanna-be 4x4 for work, but when it's time to get muddy it's the "Fordx4"... my 1979 Ford F150 with a 460 etc. etc. It's a wreck, but it has never left me stranded, and loves to be abused. On weekends you might find me cruising whyte or jasper in my '72 mustang. (not bad for a Geek Hey) :p I obviously like my vehicles, have skated since I could walk and will do pretty much anything outdoors... camping, water skiing, snowboarding... whatever. SCUBA and skydiving are next on my list.

That's it for now.

Rubicon67
07-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi all!

I live for the CFL & Esks.... That says it all!
I'm a season ticket holder over in Section L every year except for this year. I'm only in town for the game on July 17th. Off to Afghanistan with my unit at the end of the month. No CFL for me.... BRUTAL!

Anyways, i'll really have to out do myself this game (to make up for the ones i'll miss!)

Just thought i'd say hey all!

Sorry, no pic of me showin skin or anything..
i'll post one from overseas..

Jon

13thman
07-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Hey 13thman here .... I run 2 CFL sites 13thman.com and the best looking CFL site on the net Lionbackers.com ... I post as D on those .... 45 years old 6'1 205 lbs ... played hockey with former Oiler Ken Berry and against Glen Anderson ... also played Touch Football out here in Van

Back in 81 or 82 I lived in Edmonton for a year ... winters to cold out there for me .... we don't have to shovel rain out here :lol:

I am presently trying to make plans to get my butt out to Alberta with a bunch of the crew from Lionbackers.com to catch the Riders and Esks then roll down the highway to watch the Lions chew up the Stampeders

Attached is a pic of my daughter and I from 2000 ..... PS ... we want our Cheerios Bowl back :mad:
:lol:

Mrs Bigs
07-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Hi to all! I am also a newcomer via cfrn. I am 43 years old, married, 3 kids. We live in Westlock and have been season ticket holders since 1978. Actually we now have 4 generations going to the football games. I have missed only one game since we got our seasons tickets and that was when our youngest daughter was born (bad timing :D). I am not so great with the computer yet and couldn't figure out how to add the pic.

Party Time
07-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Hello all,
my name is Steve and i am going ot be starting my second year of engineering at the U of A (Materials Engineering Coo-Op). I am a huge esks fan and i have been a season ticket holder for three years now (Upper section H). i don't have a picture but i'll see if i can find one.

Hootch
08-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Hi! My names Jon, I'm 22, and moved here with my girlfriend from Peace River when I was 18 - the first day was so cool and I wasn't born in Edmonton but consider myself an Edmontonian through and through, and proud to be. I love this city and it's people. Overall Edmonton is the best sports city in Canada imo, has more culture and heart than any other city I've been to, and is a great place to live! I take alot of pride in this city.

Well, I've been a huge Oilers fan all my life, and I am making an effort to learn about football as well. I could probably tell you anything you need to know about hockey, but not the CFL, but I think getting new fans is great! :)

I'm not a bandwagon fan, I really want to make a serious effort to learn, plus it's cheaper, ALOT cheaper, than Oilers games. When the Roadrunners come here I am going to support them too! :)

Boozers
08-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Glad To Be Part Of The Best ESKIES FORUM ON THE NET

My name is Ross I'm 18. I got to NAIT Im taking Business Admin. I am a huge sports fan period. I have been an eskimo season ticket holder for three years.

ESKIMOS 4-LIFE!

I also like My Beer

oilboy2
08-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey guys, first post on this board, looks like a great site, cant believe ive missed it for so long. Anyways, im 24 living in vermillion and a huge eskie fan. I try to go to as many games as possible but regretabbly have to miss the labor day game in calgary this year. This will end an 8 year streak. I dont know how to post a picture but you can check out www.rowdymuckers.com to see pictures. Anyways should be fun time on this site!

IPSCOgoose
08-21-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi all,

Another newbie posting for the first time, and daring to introduce themselves. Actually, I'm not a true "newbie" -- I believe I was a member when the site first started up last summer, but then my participation went by the wayside. And I moved. A long-time lurker on total-cfl (not much these days) and I catch up on 13thman.com when I can.

Anyway, I'm a lifelong Esks fan who grew up in Edmonton. U of A grad, southsider. One-time Esk season-ticket holder. I remember the days when the only seats you could get were row 70 in the expansion southeast corner from Safeway because there were 50,000 season ticket holders (and that was for, like, a Hamilton game). I've even seen a game in Clarke Stadium (OK, fine, it was a Golden Bears game). Yes, I'm a diehard Oil fan, too.

But I'm now living down Highway 2 in hated Cowtown. Don't worry, there's no chance any Stamper fan will ever convince me to ever convert. The only fans that would have stood even a remote chance (only because they're so persistant and they have such a blind love for their team) would've been 'Rider fans, but they were never ever close.

As I alluded to, I've lived elsewhere in the west -- all four provinces, in fact.

But it's nice to back within an easy drive of Commonwealth (looking forward to my first crack at a home Esks game this year Aug. 29th. Yay!). And I even have Labour Day off, so... :thup:

And now, a picture. So many Esk-related ones to choose from. Hmm... how about a Kay Stephenson-era classic shot? Hope it ain't too dark. Anybody guess which game? It's a notable one. The year should be easy to figure out, of course. :lol:

Looking forward to talking with you all.

http://cshl.0catch.com/ph/esksme.jpg

Amandeep
09-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Hey y'all.

I'm Amandeep, been an Esks fan for a long time. Alot of good times over the years, alot of good times...and some bad times.

I'm a first year University student....no idea what i'm gonna do.

My NFL team is the Eagles....Donovan is the man.

Anything else? just ask.

Here's my pic, best i could find.

cflnut
09-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Hey all CFLnut here.

Been a Eskimo fan all my life. The Riders are my second pick for a teem mostly cause my grandma was a Rider-Prider, and she taught me to love the CFL.

I'm 28, live in Edmonton. work as a Shipper / Reciver in a wearhouse. And am passing on my love for our game to my nephews.

Favorite saying "Better dead then Red". :lol:

Marty_Gades
09-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Some of you may know me from 13thman.com. I'm Marty and while I'm a Renegades fan, my favourite team in the West (hence my second-favourite team in the league) is the Eskimos. I've always respected the franchise and believe that it's the way a CFL franchise should be. Lots of players on teams past and present that are my favourites too (Gizmo Williams, Willie Pless, Tracy Ham, Damon Allen, Singor Mobley, etc.).

I really like the set-up here, guys. Very nice look. All the best to everyone here. Apologies that I don't have a pic with me. I need to upload a pic I have of me with the Grey Cup and a member of the 2002 champion Alouettes.

Nanookster
09-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi folks,

Another newbie here. I have been posting all over the place as Nanook. I had heard about this site and finally took a look. Have I ever been missing out! :eek:

I'm a season ticket holder, born and raised in Edmonton. I joined the Airforce in 85. I was stationed in Edmonton for 12 years in three different Squadrons (Hercules, Twin Otter, Twin Huey's and Griffon). I now live in Cold Lake. I belong to a Hornet Squadron. I am set to retire in 402 days (but who is counting) and plan on an after degree at the U of A in Education. I plan on teaching high school science and I'll flight instruct during the summer months.

I have a wife and two small children with a third on it's way. My 8 year old daughter has been going to games since she was five. My wife rarely gets to go anymore.

I was Giz's escort last year when we took him for a Hornet ride. It was awesome! We had a BBQ for him at one of our houses and I got all of my bobbleheads signed. I took him on his seat course (how to get out in a hurry) and I strapped him in (the ankle stirrups almost didn't fit him). He had a blast. He truly is the fastest man in the CFL. We took him over Mach 1. :D

In 93 I was lucky enough to attend 18 Eskimo games including the Western Final and Grey Cup in Calgary. We just happended to have a Herc in just about every away game city that year. I felt very fortunate. I drove to the Calgary games.

I look forward to contributing to this site! :thup:

KnuckleChucker
09-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Name is KnuckleChucker. I am a member of the Eskimos Fun Team (Guys who chuck the footballs when they score). So in advance let me apologize for not singling you out of the 50,000 other people and stop everything I am doing to give you a $3 football.

Now that that is out of the way I am a huge Eskies fan and love being at the games rain or shine to support the eskies.

Mean Green
10-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Go by the handle Mean Green. 35yrs old and have spent them all bleeding Rider green. However, in the end it is about the CFL and some of the Eskimo fans I met last yr at Grey Cup were true classy ambassadors of their team and the Spirit of Edmonton hospitality room was a blast. :thup:

bomberpride
11-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey I know its a little late but im new here, and my favourite team is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, dont worry I don't hate the Eskies... I hate the Riders, so your all safe!

Eskies86
11-20-2004, 05:57 AM
Hey Everyone, I'm new here as well, I actually found out about this from someone who posted on Esks.com Message board, and I'm glad I took a extra moment to look up this place!
To tell you a little bit about myself(I'll post a pic soon) My name is Charmaine, I'm 27, born in Edmonton, moved away when I was 5 to that little city Northeast of here called Fort McMurray and just recently moved back to Edmonton 3 years ago. I've always been an Eskies fan, however hockey was my main choice of sport until I moved here and got Eskie season tickets and now I'm hooked on Football for life! I use to work for the Jr A hockey team in Fort Mac as an Ass't Manager and had the opportunity to witness first hand what it's like to be part of an organization to host and win a National Championship. I was studying to be an Athletic Therapist until I ran out of money, so I'm taking some time off from school and working and saving up some money. As far as cars go, i drive a 2004 Dodge SX 2.0 sport in that new flashy blue color and recently had the windows tinted with an OCC decal on the front window, so if you see me driving around the west end or downtown, feel free to wave or honk! My car is my baby and I'm slowly adding new things on to it, I think spinners are my next big buy! And my fav eskie player in Scott Robinson- why you ask? Because I think he has talent, and unforchantly hasn't had the chance to show it cause there is so much talent on the team already at that position. And he's a great guy off the field as well and I always like cheering for the underdog.

esks4life
12-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Hi there. Im a 23 year old married guy from Regina, but I am definately the biggest Eskimos fan around this city. The Esks.com site is easily making me bored with immature comments about the Oline, the Dline, whether or not Ricky Ray will come back etc, etc. Ive heard good and bad things about this site and although its well after the season, Im only making my first post now. But heres to many more posts and getting along with many other fellow Eskimo fans. And last but not least heres to Grey Cup in 2005!!

glenvb
12-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi all,

With the temporary demise of 13thman, I've wandered over here. I'm Glen (big surprise), 39 years old, graduated from the U of A in math (same as Muley!) back in 1986. I taught math at a small college in Edmonton from 1990-99, but took a job down here at a liberal arts college in Vermont and have been here ever since. Been cheering for the Esks ever since I was a kid, even during the dark years when I lived in Vancouver (1978-82, 1986-90), right next to the Lions' training facility. Boy I took some *poop* for being an Oiler/Esk fan. Married, three lovely kids. Really hard to find CFL info down here; thank goodness for SectionW's webcasts this year.

esklover
01-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Hello there,
I am a 30 year old, football fan. I was born and raised in Edmonton and was introduced to football at a very early age. I started going to games with my sisters in the Woodward's Knothole Gang and have never looked back.

Anyway, that is my story.

56Parkies
01-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey, all

I'm a 35-year old Eskimo fan since I was 6; former season ticket holder that has moved to Victoria, and is grateful that so many Eskie games are now broadcast on TV!

my username comes from my Eskimo football card collection; sort of my own personal "holy grail" as those cards are extremely hard to come by, as are most CFL cards in general! (anyone know where I can pick up a 1995 Jed Roberts card?!)

Yikes.. just caught a glance at my "time spent in forums".. guess it was about time for a first post. ;)

anyway, thanks to all the knowledgeable posters to make it fun to come on here and have a common love for Eskimo football and Rider bashing (Sorry, Lloyd!).

Cheers, and hope to chat with y'all later!

Mike

Edmonton Fan
01-14-2005, 10:49 AM
I guess I should tell you all a little about myself.

I have been, shall we say, lurking? :) around the site for about a year now, and just recently I decided to register, and contribute to the conversations here. You all seem like very knowledgeable posters, and I think finding a message board on the net in this day and age with as many knowledgeable people as Esksfans.com has is a rarity.

I am a 25 year old, avid Edmonton Eskimo and Edmonton Oiler fan, I've been following these two teams for as long as I can remember. I also follow the NFL quite closely, Green Bay and Denver being my two teams of choice.

As for work, I am a pilot. I fly for a mid-sized private organization called Peace Air which is based out of Edmonton. We fly all over Alberta, sometimes making trips to northern BC and Nunavut or Whitehorse, I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, the pay is great too which is just a bonus for me. I have been flying for 6 years now, all with the same company but I am looking into other areas like Air Canada. I recently took Boeing 737-400 and Boeing 747-400 training and I must say I have an intense desire to fly one of these jumbo jet's be it internationally or just continental, either way it might happen with-in the next 5 months. Right now I am flying 3 different Learjet models, a Learjet 55, 24, and 25. The 55 is more of a passenger aircraft - suited for 14 passengers, where-as the 24 and 25 models are for Cargo delivery - suited for 4 passengers. I have fallen in love with the Learjet 55 though, the plane is an absolute joy to fly, I would fly it for free if they asked me to :) . I fly out of Edmonton Municipal Airport most of the time, so ofcourse when the talks of it being shut down were swirling around we were quite concerned.

I don't currently have a picture of myself on this computer, but I do have a couple pictures of the Jet's I fly every week.

Learjet 55 - My favourite mid-sized jet
http://www.meelireisid.ee/learjet55.jpg

Learjet 25 - Mostly for cargo
http://www.gloster.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/N309LJ1.jpg

I look forward to many interesting conversations in the near future with all of you. :)

Sniper_Fire
02-01-2005, 10:13 AM
I totally missed this sticky when I first joined on here last week, so I guess I can give a little info about me to the group.
I am a 32 y/o former Edmontonian now living by a lake in southern AB who just quite simply cannot give up my love for the Esks (or the Oilers) because I live in the south end of the best province in Canada! :thup: I have been lucky enough to get a Master's In Sports Business Management at the U of A, took my undergrad in Michigan while playing university hockey, and have been employed in & around professional sports since the age of 27.
As for the picture, well, I have plenty of me, but I prefer my avatar - which happens to be my "killer attack weiner dog". He may only be 7 lbs, but he is a ball of teeth, fangs & fur when enraged (mostly at the sight of Rider fans). :lol:
Anyways, I'd just like to thank the operators of this board for having it & allowing me to use it. It is cool to see a place where Esk-fans congregate, contemplate, and debate all in the name of good fun. Long live the G & G!

GeeBrr
02-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm 23, been a die hard Bomber fan as long as I can remember with my parents having season tickets for a long time, and going to games with my uncle since I was real young, he taught me the ropes on being a Bomber fan.

Became cemented for life as a Die hard when I got to play a game at Winnipeg Stadium when I was a 11 years old and got to meet a bunch off players such as James West (all time favourite) Mike Richardson, Chris Walby, and others.

Haven't missed a game in years. Schedule work and school around it. Best place to spend a Spring to Fall day is at Canad Inns watching the Bombers.

Studying for my Lsat and applying to graduate schools for criminology and sociology.

TurfToe
02-20-2005, 09:21 AM
seems that my photos aren't up anymore... and I found this old gem from 'back in the day'. I'm on the left... too focused on trying to get on the field to look at the camera.

The other one is a bit more recent... with Clarence, the Attack Lobster!

Jtuck09
02-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey Everyone
Im a 20 year old Eskimo fans who is currently attending Nait and taking Business.
I've been going to Eskimo games for 14 years now...ever since I was in kindegarden!!

I am currently single...so if any of you have single, cute sisters out there, sign me up!!..hehe
Love sports...hockey, baseball, football, basketball, tennis...you name a sport, I like it!
Still live with the parents which has its ups and downs...meh well...no rent to pay!!

Thats all I gotta say for now. I will post a picture later!!

eskiez
02-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi my names Markus and im a 24 year old electrician. I was born and raised in Edmonton. My families had tickets in sectionS row 5 since commonwealth opened up and if any of you are near there give me a shout.

defend_tha_turf
02-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Hey whats up guys my name is Kevin and im only 19.... I live breathe and die eskimos... My family is carribbean so they dont get football that much so I usually just goto games with the girls and some of the boys.... I work at future shop so if you ever need a deal or watever just gimme a pm. Im currently at Nait taking business so Jtuck we should chill sometime. I cant explain how much I love this site... since I was 5 I have followed the eskies, and talking to people that dont know much about the Esks, CFL, or Football in general used to upset me in so many ways hahahahaha. but with this site Im always upto date and everyone knows what their talking about. I used to get in fights with people who said Flanders was a good coach... you were the first people I met that felt the same way I do. If anyone wants winston gone please gimme a shout. hahhaa yea im an idiot. tata

esks13
03-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi, my name is Tyler, i am 18 yearsold , i have season tickets in section D row 3 seats 14-15 , ive had season tickets for 2 years now and dont count on ever giving them up :) . I am out of highschool for a year now and i am going to be going to Nait to become an electrician

EskiPhenom
03-10-2005, 01:32 PM
http://storage.msn.com/s1pZ8pl_R1n1zEZ2hmWIyZT0qLkDXHHI-k6qu-jK9cvSM5EqwAbLSt6JUSR-avplEp6h29mGxFzR2c3nH1xKdI8DQ/00.jpg?MdToken=2463633862696027

My real name is Jim (or Jimmy, Jimbo, James...I seem to have several names), Edmonton born and raised. (well I'm only 17 but still)

I swim for the Edmonton Keyano Swim Club at Kinsmen, and I'm seeing where it takes me (U of A only? :sigh: )

If any body has any questions, knock your self out

56Parkies
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
you've got "http://" twice in the URL

fixed link (http://storage.msn.com/s1pZ8pl_R1n1zEZ2hmWIyZT0qLkDXHHI-k6qu-jK9cvSM5EqwAbLSt6JUSR-avplEp6h29mGxFzR2c3nH1xKdI8DQ/00.jpg?MdToken=2463633862696027)

esks4life
03-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Thought I would put up a pic. Maybe some of you have been curious, maybe not. But enjoy anyways.

griswold
03-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Just actually found out about this site today, on a link from the 13thman.com, but this is exactly what I was looking for. You see I'm a die-hard Eskies fan who was born and raised in Regina, Saskatchewan. As you can well imagine, we Eskies fans are slightly outnumbered here in the "Queen" city.

I have been an Edmonton fan since I was 5 years old, when I watched my first CFL game with my Dad, who was (and of course still is) and die hard Eskies fan also.

What more can I say? : )

sdimedru
03-17-2005, 10:44 AM
sup eveyone my buddy told me bout the gathering here....... looks good so far! lol names andru and i should really get back to class....... lateez

RogerWilco
03-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Stampeder fan here. I have been checking out many of the CFL boards and sign up to them. Just looking for some good football talk. Looking forward to the new season. Section C Stampeder ticket holder.

Dakkon
03-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Hello All, My name is Matthew and I'm 26 with no kids(thank god). I live in clareview and have been a die hard Eskies and oilers fan for as long as I can remember. I've been an Eskimo season ticket holder with seats in section Q since about 1992. Some of my hobbies include playing pool, xbox live, smoking Green, and the odd fantasy book(R.A. Salvatore is one of my favorite Authors). I am new on here but have been a regular on the sportsnet fan forum for a while now. P.S ESKIMOS 2005 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!

mick.pariseau
03-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Hello Everyone:

My name is Mick, and I live in Lethbridge. I am married, have 3 kids (including a new baby girl), and am currently working toward an Education Degree. I am also a devoted Eskimo fan.

The first Eskimo game I can remember seeing was the 1975 Grey Cup the Eskimos won in Calgary. I remember being attracted to the green and gold uniforms (they wore their home greens in that game).

The first game I remember that just ripped at my gut was the 1977 Grey Cup in Montreal (Ice-Bowl). What a frustrating game that was, with players slipping all over the place. The Eskimos had beaten BC easily the week before and the team was on a roll. Then we had to play the Grey Cup on frozen toilet bowl water!

The dynasty teams were good times. Unfortunately, the Eskimo organization lost a great one in David Boone recently. When I think of Boone I think about his consistency, and how he fit the mould of a team built with consistency as its backbone. The dynasty teams were an ensemble of highly skilled, highly intelligent, highly disciplined, highly motivated athletes, who were loyal to each other and to their fans. Flip a switch and they would play the game mentally the same way every game. They seemed to hate losing, and so avoided it. Every position on those teams had greatness, even the punter. I remember playing touch football, and when it was time to punt, the kid kicking the ball would proclaim himself as being "Hank Illesic".

I remember watching the 1978 Rose Bowl and seeing a guy named Warren Moon play and thinking to myself; this guy is good, not realizing he would end up in Edmonton. When he didÖ.wow! What a player! Easily the best to play in the CFL. He was a level up. Flutie was Flutie, but you cannot get any better than Moon. He made quarterbacking look effortless, and maintained that level in the NFL. He could run, throw deep, throw the short stuff, was deadly accurate, and could consistently throw low so that only his receiver could catch the ball. He had the perfect mentor in Tom Wilkinson to help him with the creative aspect of running an offense. Also, he was not afraid of utilizing Jim Germany and Neil Lumsden in the backfield. Had Moon signed with the New York Giants when he went to the NFL, he would have been a multi Super Bowl winner. Unfortunately, he went to Houston, who never came close to building a defense to parallel the amazing offense he lead. Could you imagine him in New York at the time? With Moon on offense and LT. leading the D? Wow! During Moon's time in the NFL I would switch allegiances to the teams he played for. I cheered for Houston when he was there. Became a Viking fan for awhile, then Seahawks, and finally Chiefs.

As an aside, I remember my brother and I chuckling when, during Moon's first training camp with the Eskimos, he competed against another quarterback named Charlie Weatherbie. Anyone remember that name? I instantly made the association with that character from the "Archie" comics. Weatherbie ended up playing in Ottawa for awhile, I recall.

I like that the Eskimo management built and continues to build a solid program and maintains an appreciation of their alumni. I remember in the early to mid-80's when it became clear that the dynasty was over and a youth movement was necessary, a statement someone made regarding management's recruitment of players. I cannot remember who said it, but the quote was something like, 'they don't rebuild, they reload". I like that. That type of thinking breeds long-term success.

I appreciate the Eskimo's history of employing two good quarterbacks on the team. They have had Wilkinson/Lemmerman, Wilkinson/Moon, Moon/Dunigan, Dunigan/Allen, Allen/Ham, Ray/Maas, and now Maas/Jones. I was a little nervous last year when Maas was injured, or inconsistent on the road. Now that Jones is in the fold, the offence can still move when Maas is out. Hopefully everyone understands their role in all this and will support those on the field.

To end, here are a few in a significant collection of memorable moments and players that highlight my life as an Eskimo fan:

Most Emotional Moment:
Winning the 1987 Grey Cup on Jerry Kauric's kick. That was a tough kick (not a chip shot by any means) and he nailed it. Also, who can forget how cool Damon Allen was coming off the bench following Dunigan's injury. They had to win that game. The team had lost in an embarrassment the previous year to Hamilton.

Most Appreciated Moment:
During the dynasty years, beating Ottawa, after being down significantly at halftime. The Eskimos were supposed to crush them in the Grey Cup, but for some reason they struggled. They got it together at the half to win it. Had they lost that game, I would have had to quit school. The humiliation would have killed me!

Smartest Player: Tom Wilkinson

Most Exciting Player: Gizmo Williams

Best Receiver: Brian Kelly (he caught everything thrown his way)

Best Defensive Players: Dan Kepley and Dave Fennell (Canada's version of Ham and Lambert)

Best Acquisition Following An Injury To A Star Player: In the early 80's Dan Kepley gets hurt so they bring in Carl Crennel from Montreal. The best middle linebacker in the CFL at the time gets hurt so the organization goes out and gets the second best one to replace him! Wow!

Best Kicker: Dave Cutler. (People make fun of kickers nowadays. They would not have dared make fun of Dave Cutler. Not that they could have anyway, the guy never missed)

Player I felt Most Sorry For: Tommy Scott getting traded to Calgary late in his career for Danny Bass. Thanks Calgary for provided the Eskimos with a great linebacker and thanks Tommy for allowing the Eskimos the opportunity to acquire him. It would have been nice having Scott retire in an Eskimo uniform though. He was a great Eskimo!

Weirdest Head Coaching Move: Pete Kettella over Cal Murphy or Don Mathews (never could figure that one out).

Most Likable Head Coach: Joe Faragelli

Mick
:hello: [B][I]

joe smoe
03-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey all! My name is CJ and I am a former Edmontonian living in sunny Victoria. I am married with two little boys(who I am already grooming to bleed Green and Gold and Blue and Copper!!). Living here in Vic, I really miss going to CW and seeing the boys play on the best turf in football. I try to get over to BC Place(s**thole) when the 'smoes' come to town but I find it near impossible to stomach the Lion's fans.(they make Stampeder fans seem like NASA scientists). That said I get to watch alot of games on TSN. :thup:

a couple of things I should say:
- I started going to Eskimo games when I was three years old.
- My favorite all time Eskimos are Willie Pless and Warren Moon.
- My favorite current Eskimos are Mobley and Hervey.
- I think Pringle was a great CFLer...but a bad Eskimo.
- I think Mass is developing into a great quarterback.
- I think the CFL(and the Esks) are going to have a great year!

Cheers....
....Let's Go 'Smoes' !!!!!!

jadeddog
04-01-2005, 11:49 PM
hey all.... well im new, but get used to me as im a forum hound..... i work all day in front of a computer, and im a computer programmer, so suffice to say i spend my fair share of time on the net, lol

im also a rabid oilers/eskimos fan, who unfortunately lives in regina, not that its a bad city, but that i cant see the esks/oiler games live near as much as id like to

if you want to check out about a bazillion pictures of me head over to Velcro Records (http://www.velcrorecords.com) .... go to the bios seciton and then im "lastnameblack".... you can go to the events page and click on one of the flyers to see many more pics of me (and all my weirdo friends :))

GreenNGold
04-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Hello esks fans!!!!!

My name is Krista, and besides being a Eskimoes fan, I work at Tim Hortons. I get full-time hours, which keeps me quite busy. I enjoy my work, and serving the customers, each and every day ...

I am 25, and trying to enjoy life to the fullest at this time in my life. A few of my favorite activities include: travelling, yoga, and working out, walking my dog, reading and cheering on my Esks!!!!!!!!

:thup:

gizmo fan 2
04-17-2005, 11:55 PM
:heh: After scrutinizing this thread, I have come to the conclusion that I haven't introduced myself yet :confused: :heh:...which I could've sworn I did, but perhaps that wasn't here. A lot about me can be found in several different threads, but I'll summarize it here for convenience :thup:.

Anyways, I'm Matt, a.k.a. GF2, I'm 18, student at U of A just finishing 1st year of Arts. I'm hoping to get into Business next year, but I'm not quite sure what I'll major in (or, if I don't get in, what I'll do :confused: will probably just finish my B.A. and then take an MBA or something).

As you may have gathered, I like stats :thup:...I just find them interesting, they're a good way IMO to define how well a game/season went, and they're great for arguing a point with :thup:.

I'm a huge fan of the Esks, Oilers/RoadRunners, and the Golden Bears and Pandas :thup: . Esks season ticket holder since 2002, Sec C row 12, #2 Williams jersey and big Esks flag :thup: feel free to say hi if you're ever down around that corner.

No g/f or summer job currently, although I'm looking for both of those. I drive a 93 tan Nissan Maxima. I like rock music and I like to travel, hoping to get a couple road trips in for games in CGY and SSK this year :thup:.

I'll attach a pic as soon as I can find a decent one.

calf
04-18-2005, 10:52 PM
hmmmm, it appears I haven't introduced myself here.

I'm Brad - 21, 4th year BComm student at the U of Calgary (in Accounting). Big time Stamps fan since I was 8 or 9. One of the admin at gostampsgo.com.

Flames fan, Hitmen fan, Roughnecks fan, etc.

NOT an Eskimos fan, Oilers fan, Roadrunners fan, etc., but my grandma in Edmonton is probably one of the biggest Esks/Oil fans around.

But I like your site. You guys seem to be some of the most mature fans in the CFL, while still having fun on here.

I'm looking forward to labour day this year with a re-energized Stamps team and a still-very-competitive Esks club in '05.

OldGreyMonkey
04-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Just a wise old monkey here...
I have much knowledge & yet, I choose to share it only to the worthy.
I have many contacts within the zoo...
Vine swinging and hanging
Screetching
Hair pruning
Jim Rome
Dislikes:
Vaccination needles
Ebola
Small children who poke at me
Being incarcerated
Fools
*just an edit - I am putting a picture on here as apparently some on here think I'm someone else. Well, this hopefully clears that up -I'm much better looking! :lol:
David

Curldogg
05-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Hi my name is Curly I'm not a realy a dog. I love football. :thup:

chadblazed420
05-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey Curly. Welcome aboard! Another one brought over from the dark side of esks.com :thup:

yeah same here man, Ive just been posting on esks dot com mostly during the offseason and just forgot about this site somehow cause I reformatted my comp lol :lol: :P but theese forumz are pretty sweet to so its all good :] nice and smooth layout :D

Lookin forward to more posts up in here :thup: :thup:

Maas_12
05-07-2005, 03:57 AM
after having been on the esks msg board... i finally decided to get off my lazy ass and join here. Glad I did. :thup:

Biggie
05-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Hey everyone, Biggie from 13thman here. Just thought I'd sign up and check things out, site looks awesome. Not sure how much I'll post, but I'll try to add my two cents in every now and then.

Numberz
05-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Okay here goes:

Hello, My name is Eskimos32001.

My real name is _______. I live in Saskatoon, SK. I am 15 years old, and am currently attending St. joseph High School, where i have play both Full Back and Offensive Tackle for the school junir team. I had an 87 % average last year.

I like to joke around, but that often rubs people the wrong way, and people get mad at me alot. Ive been playing and watching football since before i was 6 years old. I love football the most, but i love all sports, including basketball, auto racing, american football, and hockey. i play alot of free fantasy sports because im poor and too cheap to lay down real money. Sometimes i post alot about nothing, but that might be because im not real good at communicating to people. So, ill usually find ways to joke around, argue, or just state whats on my mind.

ive already got over 1, 200 posts, so you already know me, this is just official.

P.S. I love hot chocolate, but got addicted, which through me into intense fits of anger when i didnt drink it, so im quiting, and as you can read below, ive been hot choclate free since May 11th.

Esks4ever
05-16-2005, 05:05 PM
My name is Ryan, i'm 27 and I reside in Sherwood Park. I've been employed at the same job since I got out of High school, *god bless family businesses. I was named after the actor Ryan O'neal.

Hobbies would be Movies, Supernatural stuff, photography.. and what ever I decide on :P

I like the Buddist ways of life - at least their teachings.....

I'm known as a joker, i have no limits to my humor. I take life easy , as you only get one kick att he cat...

If i can find a pic i'll post it...

Soudog
05-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Soudog, chiming in...
- 45 yrs old, I live (well reside, actually) in "Da Big Smoke", better known as hell to a western boy. Married to my wife fifteen years this past May 5th - good Medicine Hat girl - hates the Stampeders & Flames as much as I do.
- No kids -- I wanna grow up first! (Actually, I'm too busy screwin' up my own life to screw up a kid!)
- Gonna be an Esk fan 33 years this Aug 1st. (GAWD!!! Is it that long???)
- Greatest memory as an Eskimo fan: 15 yrs old... high school football championship, October, 1975... Clarke Stadium... O'Leary Spartans winning big time versus...??? Anyway, strolled down the sidelines, ran into then-Head Coach Ray Jauch... got to talking, & he smiled & said how much he was enjoying the game... told him the Esks were gonna go all the way that year... he replied "Hope so." Smiled and thanked me.
- life's ambition: to be buried with the Eskimos scarf my older sister knitted for me when I was 13 -- still have it, and wear it whenever I get the chance!

cflnut
05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Ok I guess I'll go now. I'm not really an avid poster here but what the heck.

My name is Evan; I'm 29, live with my older sis and her 3 boys who are 12, 11 and 8. I live on the south side (Capalano area). I work for Health Canada as a shipper/receiver in a medical supply warehouse on the North West side of the city. Itís a long commute to work every morning (especially by bus) but having a government job and the pay and benefits that go along with it are worth it.

Iím turning my nephews into dire-hard Eskimo fans. Especially the 11 year old (heís defiantly a future poster here). He keeps himself pretty well informed about the Esks and CFL in general.

I am the son of a die-hard Hockey / Baseball fan and a Saskcahewan Roughrider fan. First introduced to the CFL by my grandma (the most out spoken Rider-Prider I've ever known). So naturally I decided to cheer for my home town team the Eskimo's.

As I keep telling my mom I'm not insane enough to be a Rider fan. :D

Ridersrule
05-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Ok I guess I'll go now. I'm not really an avid poster here but what the heck.

My name is Evan; I'm 29, live with my older sis and her 3 boys who are 12, 11 and 8. I live on the south side (Capalano area). I work for Health Canada as a shipper/receiver in a medical supply warehouse on the North West side of the city. Itís a long commute to work every morning (especially by bus) but having a government job and the pay and benefits that go along with it are worth it.

Iím turning my nephews into dire-hard Eskimo fans. Especially the 11 year old (heís defiantly a future poster here). He keeps himself pretty well informed about the Esks and CFL in general.

I am the son of a die-hard Hockey / Baseball fan and a Saskcahewan Roughrider fan. First introduced to the CFL by my grandma (the most out spoken Rider-Prider I've ever known). So naturally I decided to cheer for my home town team the Eskimo's.

As I keep telling my mom I'm not insane enough to be a Rider fan. :DWhen I read about people like you who obviously came from such great stock, I just feel sad:sigh: If I remember correctly from a post on here,:heh: even Diesel came from Rider stock in some way, shape or form:scratch:

RE: I seen him post on here his Mom likes the Rider's

esks4life
05-19-2005, 08:07 AM
When I read about people like you who obviously came from such great stock, I just feel sad:sigh: If I remember correctly from a post on here,:heh: even Diesel came from Rider stock in some way, shape or form:scratch:

My whole family are diehard Rider fans. I could never feel the way they do year after year so I decided to break the ties and cheer on the green and gold.

Diesel
05-19-2005, 09:24 AM
When I read about people like you who obviously came from such great stock, I just feel sad:sigh: If I remember correctly from a post on here,:heh: even Diesel came from Rider stock in some way, shape or form:scratch:

Wrong. While my Mom had no choice in where she was raised, she wasn't born in sask, and by 17 she had moved to Winipeg before finally moving with my Dad to Edm. Ma's an Eskimo fan.......

I do have family in N.Battleford and in Winipeg but they are subject to football scorn and ridicule at family gatherings. :D

gizmo fan 2
05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
I do have family in N.Battleford and in Winipeg but they are subject to football scorn and ridicule at family gatherings. :D

:lol: :thup:

Sgt. Nuke
05-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey,
I'm going to on here for quite a while as my "buddy for the longest time" Esk4Ever is a "super moderator" and this is a great way to stay in touch and keeping up with my team.

I'm 26, married, 2 kids, living in $%^$&%#$& Calgary, home of the worst sports broadcasters ever. (although I really hate Brian Hall) I'm a professional musician, but I used to do a lot of emergency response stuff. (volunteer firefighter, special response diver, high angle rescue, etc.) Then, I got married and had to get a normal job. I love downhill skiing and think golf is for wimps.

As for pedigree, my dad is an Esks fan and my Mom couldn't care less. My proudest moment was going to the labour day classic in Calgary with my 3 year old daughter, buying two tickets from a scalper, and then putting on our Eskimoes hats and walking away. He was pissed! :D

Rival
05-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Been meaning to do this for sometime.

31 years old... grew up in St. Albert and have been a EE fan for as long as I can remember. Played hockey till Junior and after the dream died I attended NAIT in Business. I work for Ford Credit here in Edmonton. Have been married for 4 years and have a new 5 month old baby daughter.

I would say my 3 greatest EE moments are in no particular order.

Being in Regina in 2003 was really special. My father in law is an engineer in the oil business and scored us 3 seats, 10 rows behind the EE bench about 4 days before the game. It had been a long 10 years as an Esks fan and to see them win it live was great. We were stuck with all the Rider season ticket holders and we took some abuse but it was well worth it. The Spirit of Edmonton room the night before the game was one of the best ever!

Watching the EE in the Grey Cup at home in 2002 was something else. Sure they lost but I will never forget them coming out of the tunnel to the home crowd. It gives me shivers just thinking of it.

I know I said these were in no particular order but I think this next one might be the one I love the most. 1993 WESTERN FINAL. Me and my 5 buddies hop in my car at the time... a Dodge Shadow. Pack in and make the trek down to Calgary early Saturday night for the game Sunday morning. Its minus a hundred and a snow storm, cars all over the ditch. Get to Calgary and check into our hotel and then head to Electric Ave and have a one of those nights you have when your 20! Wake up the next day and there is a foot of snow on the ground. After spending a ton at Marks Work Wearhouse we headed to McMahon. You could not even find your seat, you had to literally dig it out. For those of you that remember that game you know it was crazy with the weather. Flutie and the Stamps were a complete powerhouse that year and the EE started to pour it on late in the year. The Stamps built that team to play in their own Grey Cup and when Edmonton beat them it was complete heartbreak. The image I will never forget from that game is once it was over I saw this girl walking out of the stadium with a Pitts jersey on and she had two tears frozen to her face. The people of Calgary were in utter shock that the hated Eskimos ruined their Grey Cup...to tell you the truth I still don't know how we got out of there alive! Next week the EE won it all but most EE fans would say the Grey Cup was really won that snowy day against one of the best teams Calgary has ever put on the field. Jed or Wad if your reading this you must remember this game very well!!

So that's me, just another guy that loves his Green and Gold. Can't wait to get another season started!

Esks4ever
05-20-2005, 08:15 AM
My proudest moment was going to the labour day classic in Calgary with my 3 year old daughter, buying two tickets from a scalper, and then putting on our Eskimoes hats and walking away. He was pissed!

Atta Boy ! :beer: :beer: :thup: :thup:

Opus
05-20-2005, 08:41 AM
The pic below is of my wife and myself.

Rival.......just a thought, you might either want to take this out or actually insert the pic of you and the missus.....

...as it stands right now the only pic below is of a purple hippo spanking a sheep....:D

Esks4ever
05-20-2005, 08:42 AM
as it stands right now the only pic below is of a purple hippo spanking a sheep....

:rofl: :rofl:

esks4life
05-20-2005, 08:44 AM
:rofl:

Delorean
05-20-2005, 09:41 AM
I didn't know Eskimos32001's parents were on here too :lol:

GREYx14
05-20-2005, 04:53 PM
I just turned 44 last Sunday. My first Eskimo game was at Clarke Stadium in 1969 when I was 8. The Esks were playing the Alouettes and Charlie Fulton was our QB (Carrol Williams was theirs). I don't know who won but I remember that a guy spilled chicken soup on my new cowboy boots. I started going to the games regularly with my dad in 1971, the last year that the Eskies missed the playoffs. We went through the 1988 season when my dad got sick of the drunks at Commonwealth and gave up his seats after 26 seasons. For a few years after that, I was one of those drunks at the stadium although not nearly as obnoxious (at least as I remember it). After that, I lucked into company seats and 9 years ago got my own season tickets. Even though hockey replaced football as my favorite sport when I was in Grade 4, I have always felt that the Eskimos mean way more to me than any other team in any league.

Personal stuff? Not too exciting. I'm married and we have a 13 year old daughter who likes music way more than sports although she doesn't complain too much (yet!) when I drag her to games. Since 1984, I've worked with junior/senior high special ed. students, first as a program aide, and for the last 16 years as a Social Studies and English teacher. Except for my first year of teaching when I lived in Edson for 10 months, I've lived in Edmonton my whole life. The weather is stupid but I still like it here.

Edmonton Fan
05-20-2005, 06:16 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rival
05-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Rival.......just a thought, you might either want to take this out or actually insert the pic of you and the missus.....

...as it stands right now the only pic below is of a purple hippo spanking a sheep....:D

Tried attaching the pic and it didn't work so I emailed it for who ever runs this site and its still not there so I don't know. But man your a pretty funny guy.

Opus
05-23-2005, 01:20 AM
:D if only they paid me for that......

stamphater
05-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Hopefully this works, its a picture of me and my two nephews, Liam and Reeve. I plan on introducing them to Commonwealth Stadium and the best fans of the CFL this year! Hope to meet some of you this year!

chickenman23
05-30-2005, 07:59 PM
This is me. This is what I wear to games.

http://img20.echo.cx/img20/2729/20041024bluebombersvsesks0097p.th.jpg (http://img20.echo.cx/my.php?image=20041024bluebombersvsesks0097p.jpg)

esks4life
05-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Cool. I think Ive seen you on TV when they do crowd shots. :thup:

gizmo fan 2
05-30-2005, 08:20 PM
A flag in the opposite corner from me :thup: good stuff.

chickenman23
06-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Cool. I think Ive seen you on TV when they do crowd shots. :thup:

Last year I was on the Big screen i think in all but 1 game. The year before was the same. Last year the game I wasn't on was when I sat in a different seat.

The shirt I am wearing was made up for the 2002 Grey cup and has been worn to every football game I have gone to.

taxmann
06-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi. My name is Ed. I live in the Steele Heights neighbourhood. I'm 35 years old and married with no kids. Unless, you count a 5 year old Maltese. I was born and raised in Edmonton.

I have been a season ticket holder with the Esks since 1993. There is 2 sports teams that I really follow and they are my beloved Eskimos and the Dallas Cowboys.

My favorite players currently on the Esks roster would be Mobes, Tucker, and Hervey. No concidence that they played for both teams.

As for my handle....I'm an auditor for the Canada Revenue Agency. Been there 5 years only 30 to go.

56Parkies
06-04-2005, 02:03 PM
As for my handle....I'm an auditor for the Canada Revenue Agency. Been there 5 years only 30 to go.
Somethin' tells me you won't find too many people volunteering their real names to ya.. :lol: j/k

Welcome to the site! Always good to have new input!
:beer:

BaronAmongYou
06-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey, I'm Baron, 24. I live in the ill hood known as Millwoods. I"ve got a wife and two kids (4 & 18 mos). I work as a machinist, and I'm a Riders fan. You'll see three generations of green and white jerseys up in section D in the 50's. Its all general admission up there anyway.

I'm also know to hang out a Telus Field during Cracker-Cat games.

pizmo
06-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Name is Ernie. Born in Edmonton, raised in Redwater and Edmonton. Graduated U of A in 1966. Never lived in Edmonton since but visited many times. I'm 61 yrs young, married 35 years, 1 daughter, 2 grandchildren(1 of each). Been a fan since 1952 and still have the Journal for the 52, 54, 55 and 56 Grey Cups. Heard the Jackie Parker TD run in 54 on the radio in Redwater. I've lived and died Eskimos, lived a good long time and then died in the sixties. God bless the KnotHole Gang. Got bless holes in the fences so I could get into the real Clark Stadium. Grandchildren(and daughter) coming to visit in 23 days(from Saskatoon) and I'll be able to spoil the crap out of them for 5 weeks. One of my favorite players was Jim Thomas who made the sixties almost bearable. Live in New Brunswick now. Thank God for the internet.

By the way Chickenman23, have you heard that there is a real Chickenman who is a superhero and solves crimes? Thought you'd like to know.

Diesel
06-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Well Pizmo, I grew up not too far from you. You should know where Skaro is. I was born and raised a mile north of Skaro Hall.

tremonti
06-06-2005, 02:16 PM
My real name is Stefen, and I have been an eskimos fan all my life, I have a girlfriend who rocks, I am a sous chef, and co-own my own independent rock label (Trinity Records) and play in a band called TOMMY (after the who's rock opera), I just turned 39 on june 2nd, I was born and raised in edmonton, college grad, my other favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. Live on the southside of Edmonton up by whyte ave. Work out at world health club, and have a bunch of interests from hiking to live theatre.

Do not know what else to say about myself other than, all you guys and gals on here are pretty funny sometimes.

Thanks

Edmonton Fan
06-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Welcome, guys. :thup:

56Parkies
06-06-2005, 02:42 PM
My real name is Stefen
Welcome to the site..

And added rep for using a Gene Simmons icon! :thup:

Delorean
06-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Do not know what else to say about myself other than, all you guys and gals on here are pretty funny sometimes.

Didn't you have your birthday a few days ago? :D

Dirty Bagpipe
06-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi. My name is Ed. I live in the Steele Heights neighbourhood. I'm 35 years old and married with no kids. Unless, you count a 5 year old Maltese. I was born and raised in Edmonton.

I have been a season ticket holder with the Esks since 1993. There is 2 sports teams that I really follow and they are my beloved Eskimos and the Dallas Cowboys.

My favorite players currently on the Esks roster would be Mobes, Tucker, and Hervey. No concidence that they played for both teams.

A taxman with no kids?
I thought you guys screwed everbody, yet you never slipped one by the goalie?

esks4life
06-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Didn't you have your birthday a few days ago? :D
:lol: Funny how that works.

John Galt
06-24-2005, 01:44 PM
I guess this is as good a place as any for my 1st post. My name is Guy...I am 43 years old...lived in Edmonton until 1991 and then spent a few (at times hellish :eek: ) years in Winnipeg before moving to Calgary. I have been an Eskimo fan since my first year in the good ole Knothole Gang in 1971. Very fond memories of watching the Esks sitting in the endzone seats at Clarke Stadium. I am one of many loyal Eskimo/Oiler fans behind enemy lines here in Calgary and take great delight in trekking around town with my son in our Oiler jerseys. Greatest Eskimo memory was witnessing and celebrating the 1987 Grey Cup win at BC Place in Vancouver and then continuing the celebration with the Eskimo cheerleaders on the flight back to Edmonton. :thup:

Esks4ever
06-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the site JG :thup:

Edmonton Fan
06-24-2005, 01:56 PM
I guess this is as good a place as any for my 1st post. My name is Guy...I am 43 years old...lived in Edmonton until 1991 and then spent a few (at times hellish :eek: ) years in Winnipeg before moving to Calgary. I have been an Eskimo fan since my first year in the good ole Knothole Gang in 1971 (see avatar). Very fond memories of watching the Esks sitting in the endzone seats at Clarke Stadium. I am one of many loyal Eskimo/Oiler fans behind enemy lines here in Calgary and take great delight in trekking around town with my son in our Oiler jerseys. Greatest Eskimo memory was witnessing and celebrating the 1987 Grey Cup win at BC Place in Vancouver and then continuing the celebration with the Eskimo cheerleaders on the flight back to Edmonton. :thup:

Welcome to the site. :thup:

56Parkies
06-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Good to see another long-timer here on the site. Welcome, and hope to see many good conversations! :beer:

EskiPhenom
06-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Welcome! :thup: You'll find pretty soon that for the most part we're all just one big, happy, disfunctional family here! :lol: :p

griswold
06-24-2005, 03:03 PM
My name is Jeff, I'm 30 years old. Birthday was about a month ago. I've got a g/f, no kids. I was born and raised in Regina. Got my Engineering degree and moved out to work in Ottawa for a few years til the high tech market crashed. Then returned to Regina.

I love mountain biking and golf.

I've been an Eskimos and Oilers fan since I was able to watch TV. I think I got it from my father who is also a die hard Eskimo and Oiler fan. He'd be on here everyday if he knew how to use a computer!!! :)

Not much else to say, I work in Technology Management, which is as about as boring as it sounds.

EskiPhenom
06-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Another longtime fan! :beer: Welcome to the site. :)

esks4life
06-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the site all you new folks. :3: Except Gris, whos been here 3 months already. :D

John Galt
06-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
This board is head and shoulders above any other Eskimo board I have checked out...glad to be a part of it. :)

griswold
06-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the site all you new folks. :3: Except Gris, whos been here 3 months already. :D

What can I say? I'm a little slow............tends to happen when you hang out with Rider fans all the time. :rofl:

KnuckleChucker
08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
EsksFans Easy UserBio Finder Whatchamacallit

Just thought it may be handy to have a quick link to everyone's user Bios....:D So here ya go....(You have < 10 posts you aint in here)

<table>
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>13thMan<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74962&postcount=36
<tr><td><b>56Parkies<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75040&postcount=54
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>5goridersgo5<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=105493&postcount=466
<tr><td><b>Angelus</b><td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74856&postcount=1<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=737)
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>ArgoDave<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74931&postcount=28
<tr><td><b>Armandeep<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74991&postcount=43
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>BaronAmongYou<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=85477&postcount=107
<tr><td><b>BCEskiesFan<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=97602&postcount=459
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>Beerfish & BeerfishAW<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74895&postcount=15
<tr><td><b>Boozers<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74974&postcount=40
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>calf<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75211&postcount=75
<tr valign=top><td><b>CFLNut<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74992&postcount=44<br>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=77433&postcount=84
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>chadblazed420<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75231&postcount=78
<tr><td><b>ChickenMan23<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=82761&postcount=101
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>Dakkon<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75153&postcount=69
<tr ><td><b>Defend tha Turf<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75092&postcount=61
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>Diesel<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74859&postcount=3<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=730)
<tr><td><b>Earl2<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=112222&postcount=134
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>Edmonton Fan<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75053&postcount=55
<tr><td><b>Esk Reporter<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74885&postcount=10
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Eskies86<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75014&postcount=50
<tr><td><b>Eskiez<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75089&postcount=60
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Eskimos32001<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75250&postcount=81
<tr><td><b>Esks4Life<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75018&postcount=51<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=745)
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>EskLover<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75039&postcount=53
<tr><td><b>Esks13<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75094&postcount=62
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Esks4Ever<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75368&postcount=82
<tr><td><b>Esksgirls.com<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74952&postcount=34
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>EskPhenom<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75097&postcount=63
<tr><td><b>Evil Dr. EE<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74906&postcount=17
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Fishman<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74857&postcount=2<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=734)
<tr><td><b>FrankMorris'Brain<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74887&postcount=11
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Frito's Fan<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74868&postcount=6<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10)
<tr><td><b>GeeBrr<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75077&postcount=57
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>gizmo fan 2<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75199&postcount=74
<tr><td><b>GlenVB<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75030&postcount=52
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Greyx12<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=78469&postcount=96
<tr><td><b>GridironHeroes<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74896&postcount=16
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 valign=top><td><b>Griswold<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75123&postcount=66<br>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=97573&postcount=121
<tr><td><b>HD~Silverado<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74935&postcount=29
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Hootch<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74971&postcount=39
<tr><td><b>IPSCOGoose<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74984&postcount=42
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>jadeddog<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75171&postcount=72
<tr><td><b>John Galt<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=97508&postcount=116
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>JTuck09<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75087&postcount=59
<tr><td><b>Juicy<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74942&postcount=33
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>KnuckleChucker<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74999&postcount=47
<tr><td><b>Lloyd<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74864&postcount=5<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=732)
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Marty Gades<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74993&postcount=45
<tr><td><b>mick.pariseau<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75154&postcount=70
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>Mrs. Bigs<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74964&postcount=37
<tr><td><b>Muley69<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74874&postcount=8<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=731)
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Nanook99<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=93340&postcount=430
<tr><td><b>Nanookster<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74995&postcount=46
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Oilboy<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74980&postcount=41
<tr><td><b>Party Time<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74966&postcount=38
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Pizmo<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=85791&postcount=108
<tr><td><b>Ricccky<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74891&postcount=13<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=735)
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Rival<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=78200&postcount=90
<tr><td><b>Rubicon67<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74958&postcount=35
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Sandy - Edmonton<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74884&postcount=9<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=736)
<tr><td><b>Sgt. Nuke<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=78025&postcount=89<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1437)
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>Solar Max<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=93455&postcount=436
<tr><td><b>Soudog<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=75414&postcount=83
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6 ><td><b>Stamphater<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74940&postcount=31<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=804)
<tr><td><b>Tojo<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74862&postcount=4
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>TurfToe<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74888&postcount=12<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=744)
<tr><td><b>Wildwest<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=74941&postcount=32
<tr><td>&nbsp;
<tr><td>NEW ADDITIONS
<tr><td>&nbsp;
<tr bgcolor=#f6f6f6><td><b>RiderGirl<td>http://www.esksfans.com/showpost.php?p=116225&postcount=492<td>Pic (http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1531)
</table>

esks4life
08-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Wow, someone had some time on there hands. Let the rep come flowing it.... :lol:

Now everyone is going to see my ugly mug more easily.... :sure:

Edmonton Fan
08-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Good going KC.

Numberz
08-03-2005, 05:35 PM
rep for your work KC :thup:

gizmo fan 2
08-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Great idea, KC! :thup:

esks4life
08-03-2005, 10:09 PM
People should put up there pics. Its nice to know what people look like.

Numberz
08-03-2005, 10:14 PM
i will sooner or later

cflnut
08-03-2005, 10:32 PM
People should put up there pics. Its nice to know what people look like.

I don't have a pic of myself on the computer or else I would have done that. Maybe after I get my new computer all set up I'll get around to getting one.

BTW good job KC.

earl2
08-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Ok, I just noticed that I've never posted my bio. :o I figured better late than never. So after 1600 posts here goes...
My name isn't earl, I'm married (her name isn't earl either) and have a year and a half old daughter, and another kid on the way (early 2006). I'm 33 years old and work in construction in Northern Alberta. As most of you know, I officiate football in my spare time (and believe me it takes up most of my spare time..) everything from pee-wee football to high school and senior ball. I've been an Eskimos fan since the day I knew what a football was. And fortunately for me, my wife loves the Eskies and the game of football almost as much as I do.
Oh, and I think that esksfans is the best site around!

Now I expect to see my name on KnuckleChuckers list... :D

Edmonton Fan
08-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Where is the picture? :)

earl2
08-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Where is the picture? :)
Don't have one. And nobody wants to see me anyway. :lol:

KnuckleChucker
08-04-2005, 07:47 AM
You are on the list my friend....:D

Sgt. Nuke
08-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Couldn't remember if I posted a picture. Here's me with my midgets. (kids)

KnuckleChucker
08-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Added ridergirl..............for quick access for E4L......(Like he doesnt already have it bookmarked....:D

Ridergirl
08-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Added ridergirl..............for quick access for E4L......(Like he doesnt already have it bookmarked....:D..added me to what???.

Delorean
08-15-2005, 09:05 AM
..added me to what???.

Post #126 in this thread.....his little black book of posters ;) :D

Ridergirl
08-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Post #126 in this thread.....his little black book of posters ;) :Dahhh, ok! Thanks!

esks4life
08-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Was wondering when you were going to add her to the list KC. :thup:

SweetBaby
08-17-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm brand new and want to introduce myself a little. Don't want to be ID'd so will only give a bit of info. I'm roughly age 45-55, am a former politician (if you live in Alberta there is a pretty good chance you'll know who I am) and have been involved in bringing world-class events to Edmonton. I'm an Esk fan and look forward to coming here from time to time to discuss my favourite team. I've lurked for some time over the shoulder of a friend on his computer and have decided to join you all.

Esks4ever
08-17-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm brand new and want to introduce myself a little. Don't want to be ID'd so will only give a bit of info. I'm roughly age 45-55, am a former politician (if you live in Alberta there is a pretty good chance you'll know who I am) and have been involved in bringing world-class events to Edmonton. I'm an Esk fan and look forward to coming here from time to time to discuss my favourite team. I've lurked for some time over the shoulder of a friend on his computer and have decided to join you all.

Welcome to the nut farm...errr site, SW. May your stay be joyous and informative :thup:

Tojo
08-17-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm roughly age 45-55, am a former politician (if you live in Alberta there is a pretty good chance you'll know who I am)

Dar, is that you?

EskiPhenom
08-17-2005, 06:26 PM

Welcome, and I practically garentee that Fish will track your ID down sooner or later. ;) Its his creepy talent. :lol:

56Parkies
08-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Another politician?? Yikes! :eek:

Welcome.. to the nuthouse.. :)

esks4life
08-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the site. :thup:

SweetBaby
08-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Welcome, and I practically garentee that Fish will track your ID down sooner or later. ;) Its his creepy talent. :lol:

Doubt it.

And no I'm not Dar Heatherington.
Someone said "another politician." I'm a former politician, but who is the other one?

KnuckleChucker
08-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the site Sweet......MoneyGuy is our other resident politician....

Delorean
08-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Welcome SweetBaby!

Doubt it.

That's what MoneyGuy said... :lol:

EskiPhenom
08-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Doubt it.

Ah, its just a matter of time.... :D

Numberz
08-18-2005, 12:29 AM
since when does Fish track down ID's?

eskimoses
08-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Welcome aboard "sweet thing".... we'll try to overlook the politician bit( nasty bit of business what!). Enjoy the site and "sounds" of the few, the proud, and the psychotic that make up this board. It's a gas !!!!!

SweetBaby
08-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Welcome to the site Sweet......MoneyGuy is our other resident politician....

I'm not a politician. Please re-read my bio. And this Fish dude, whoever he is, will not find me out. BTW, a friend of mine who is one of your top posters knows who I am. Can Fish find out who he is, too. :D

esks4life
08-18-2005, 07:38 AM
I'm not a politician. Please re-read my bio. And this Fish dude, whoever he is, will not find me out. BTW, a friend of mine who is one of your top posters knows who I am. Can Fish find out who he is, too. :D
Since your giving out hints and stuff people are bound to find out who you are so you might as well come clean now.. :p :lol:

KnuckleChucker
08-18-2005, 07:49 AM

Ahhhhhhh.....Once a politician always a politician....;)

Tojo
08-18-2005, 10:02 PM
And no I'm not Dar Heatherington.

Rats. We were hoping you'd post some of your 'letters'.....

Delorean
08-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Rats. We were hoping you'd post some of your 'letters'.....

Judging by the user name, it was a good guess :lol:

SweetBaby
08-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Hey this the internet where no one has to know you're a dog. I can be Dar if you want me to be, big boy. :D

bceskiesfan
08-19-2005, 02:06 AM
Hey this the internet where no one has to know you're a dog. I can be Dar if you want me to be, big boy. :D

OOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK???? I don't think anyone wants you to be Dar...

KnuckleChucker
08-19-2005, 07:38 AM
OOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK???? I don't think anyone wants you to be Dar...

:lol:.....

Tojo
08-19-2005, 09:51 AM

OK! Pretend that Fishman is stalking you. And pretend you're getting a bunch of really naughty PM's in your in-box. Now....go to the police and report them. C'mon, it'll be fun! ;)

Sgt. Nuke
08-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Dar would have actually made a decent looking man.

Muley69
08-19-2005, 05:06 PM

Wha....????

You mean she's not?!?!?

couchspud
08-19-2005, 05:12 PM

Better yet, a farm yard creature....because she's so baaaaaaaaaad.
I really expected "some one else" /other than Nuke, to initiate this line of thought.

Opus
08-19-2005, 05:13 PM
So........if I start saying bad things about Jan Reimer, nobody will be offended then :lol:

Tojo
08-19-2005, 05:50 PM
So........if I start saying bad things about Jan Reimer, nobody will be offended then :lol:
Only her husband and the Beaver Defence League of Canada.

Nanookster
09-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey Eskimo fan's, nice little site here. Coming out to Edmonton next weekend to watch the Lions and Eskimos...looking forward to it.

Here is a pic of me and the Legendary Krazy George at a tailgater last season.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/Images/DSC00578.JPG

How come I can't see any of the images?

Krazy George worked Edmonton for a few years.

Tojo
09-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Hey folks......I'd like to introduce you to a buddy of mine from another forum, MJJ.
He's already posted in the "Beautiful Women" thread.... :drool:
He's a big Packers fan from Wisconsin.....so he's no stranger to cheering for the Green and Gold.
Give him a warm Esksfans welcome!

56Parkies
09-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Welcome, MJJ! :thup:

KnuckleChucker
09-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Welcome MJJ....any friend of Tojo's is a........well.......ya I guess.....friend of ours...

Sgt. Nuke
09-13-2005, 12:16 PM

Does anyone else find this concerning? :rofl:

EskiPhenom
09-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Welcome! :thup:

gizmo fan 2
09-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Welcome, MJJ! :thup:

Opus
09-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Welcome MJJ......good first post and avy :thup:

bceskiesfan
09-15-2005, 02:22 AM
Does anyone else find this concerning? :rofl:

Why? It's a great place to visit at esksfans.com. :thup:

Welcome MJJ.

Sellers
09-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Sellers,

Huge Bomber fan and toightest poster on the internet. I turn 24 on the 28th of this month. I'm getting old. Currently single and loving it. Professionally employed in sales and live in Winnipeg. My home and my favourite place to be.

Long story short. Also lived in Regina for 2 years. I was transfered for work. Nice people, but I really missed Winnipeg. During my time there I met Shane (Chaps) the admin from Rider Fans.com. And am currently the only non rider fan moderator there.

Here's a picture of me (silver sun glasses on the right) CFLer is the other Bomber fan. And Reggiecrack is the moustache rider fan with the knife. :lol: That was the first time we met him in person at Labour Day 2003. I now have a goatee and am even more dead sexy. I know, hard to believe. And don't pull a GreenBlood from rf.com Diesel, I totally don't swing that way man!

This site seems pretty cool. So I'm going to try to post here more often.

Cheers,
Sellers

MoneyGuy
09-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Welcome, but that hair has got to go. ;)

Sellers
09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Welcome, but that hair has got to go. ;)

It was lost later that day. So no worries!

Opus
09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
It was lost later that day. So no worries!Hope you saved it.....MoneyGuy needs a transplant :lol:

Sellers
09-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Hope you saved it.....MoneyGuy needs a transplant :lol:

:lol:

MJJ
09-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey folks......I'd like to introduce you to a buddy of mine from another forum, MJJ.
He's a big Packers fan from Wisconsin.....so he's no stranger to cheering for the Green and Gold.
Give him a warm Esksfans welcome!
Thanks Tojo, and everyone else! :cool:

I am a huge Packer fan, but we are off to a sad start... thats why I came over here to check out the Eskimos. I am trying to find out where I can see them play down here...

Hope to get to know some of you guys - looks like a great bunch!

Tojo
09-21-2005, 04:14 PM
I am trying to find out where I can see them play down here...

Try this MJJ.

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=404

MJJ
09-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Try this MJJ.

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=404
Thanks Tojo! That is what I was looking for. :cool: