PDA

View Full Version : Legal Advice: Help!

Jets4Life
05-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Hello.

I am a 29 yr old Canadian, with no Criminal Record. Recently I was charged with "Assault Causing Bodily Harm". Here are the details.

I was driving in the "bad" area of town, when a girl approached my car. She was sitting on a bench on a side street near a main route. She asked if she could "warm up' in my car. She offered me "sexual favors" for a price she suggested. After thinking about it for a brief period of time, I accepted a "favor". Money was exchanged prior to the act, and upon completion, I dropped her off at the address she requested. We left on good terms.

After a couple of hours of visiting a friend nearby, I drove back down the same main road, and noticed the same woman waving at my car. Mistakingly, I pulled onto the side street, and asked what was up, since he had left on good terms. She asked to warm up in my car again. I refused, saying that I was on my way home, and apologized. She reacted by punching my car twice, and breaking my passenger door handle.

Caught completetly off-guard, I did a U-turn, and asked from across the road why she had hit my car for? She stormed over to my vehicle, and said that she wanted more money, claiming I had "mistakenly" given her less money than was agreed upon. I assured her that I did not, and I did not have any cash on me. She proceeded to say that if I did not give her $20 right away, she would "track my plate #, and would get "people to f**k me up. I began to panic, and said I was sorry but I did not have any money on me.

She got closer to the drivers side, a foot away from my face, and yelled that she wanted money. She also advised me "not to drive, or I would regret it". I panicked. I perceived these two comments as immediate threats, and was afraid that she might have a weapon (knife, etc) on her person. She reached into my car, and grabbed me by the collar of my fleece. I ended up using force, and making contact with her face. She retreated, grabbing her face, and hovering on the ground. In fear, I drove off, but was apprehended by the vice squad one minute later, who arrested me, and charged me with the offense.

I know what I did was morally wrong, and not very smart (getting involved in the sex-trade), but what kind of defense would this make? I regret using any kind of force (in the process, I gave her a bloody nose), but I was not calm, and in some amount of fear. I would have just gave her the $20 to avoid trouble, but unfortunately i only had some loose change. Now I have to go to court, and fight this charge. Do I have a chance of winning the case on the grounds of self-defense, or reducing it to a lesser charge? Please help me!

Germany25
05-25-2005, 12:50 PM
heres some help, get a friggin lawyer. Now.

Chucker44
05-25-2005, 12:53 PM
You can't be serious.

If you are coming here for legal advice I suggest you get in touch with Dave Fennell. He's a lawyer, isn't he?

Nanookster
05-25-2005, 01:21 PM
If you are going to play in the kitchen you are going to get burned.

MoneyGuy
05-25-2005, 01:59 PM
You can't be serious.

Hey, why not? I'm a financial planner. There are investment web sites where you can post: "I have a 200,000 inheritance. What should I invest it?" Little difference, in my view. :confused:

Of course, I'm being facetious. Next thing you know you can go to doctor.com and post: "I have some terrible disease. How should I treat it?"

Yes, go to a lawyer.

Edmonton Fan
05-25-2005, 02:04 PM
A lawyer is your friend...

eskiez
05-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Call either Alex Pringle or Peter Royal. They are the best of the best and will sink her in court easily.

Chucker44
05-25-2005, 02:16 PM
If this is indeed true by all means fight it. Neither the cops or the "lady" will show up for court.

I don't think a crown prosecutor would even pursue it ... except if they want a good laugh.

Opus
05-25-2005, 02:20 PM
seek proper legal counsel.....say nothing more about your indiscretion.

Chucker44
05-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey wait a minute ... Are you the freak that's been picking up working ladies and taking them for a drive in the country?

You're about to become best friends with Bernardo and Pickton.

Diesel
05-25-2005, 02:34 PM
I think this has been discussed enough. Locked