PDA

View Full Version : Jackson is Back in LA

Kevin Feterik
06-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Guess his ego got in the way of smart decisions. Phil Jackson is back coaching the Kobe Bryant Lakers... how long until the two start fighting again? Will Phil even be able to implement an offense, or will Kobe insist that HE be the offense?

I used to really like Phil, too bad he has to coach a team of bums like the Lakers, esp. that bitch Kobe. I don't think Phil's zen is going to prevent Kobe from raping another girl in Col when the Lakers miss the playoffs again.

http://tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=127909

God I hate Kobe and the Lakers...

KnuckleChucker
06-14-2005, 01:47 PM
I am a HUGE Lakers fan and this to me is HUGE!!!!

First off I was sickly amused when the Lakers missed the playoffs....Any team that chooses Shaq over Kobe deserves to be out.....(And there are too many arguments either way to get into it).....

This HOPEFULLY means that a) Phil has more swing then he did the past few seasons and b) Kobe has had his piece of humble pie and will be willing to submit to Jackson's coaching....

Either of these dont happen and I would suspect a very short marriage,....

GREYx14
06-14-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm interested to see how this goes because the current Lakers are the weakest team Jackson's had. He has no track record of turning needy teams around.

gizmo fan 2
06-14-2005, 07:24 PM
God I hate Kobe and the Lakers...

Agreed. I hope they don't do much again this year, either.

esks4life
06-14-2005, 08:32 PM
The Lakers had there chance to shine. Time for other teams to get a taste.

chadblazed420
06-15-2005, 12:30 AM
why hate kobe? lol...hes a great player, I know he was kinda arregeant to Phil 2 years ago was a main reason why they traded shaq.

At times though kobe this season he looked more mature on the court, he was controlling games better, finding his teammates, but after awhile he was just getting smothered by others teams D's they just focus on stoping him and had alota naging injuries :\ so thats why I think wit phil jackson back, the lakers are probly gonna have have to go out and trade for a decent big man. Just imagine kevin garnett in purple and gold :D scary, and they could afford his contract.

jackson said hes gonna change the face of the team again, so there could be some big names moving to la this offseason, who wouldnt wanna play for phil jackson and kobe, not rings shorterm... they might be able to make the playoffs next year, but they are rebuidling.

Jedrock43
06-15-2005, 12:56 AM
I gotta think that kobe might be on the move..

Jackson is married to Jeannie Buss, the owner's daughter.

Jackson stands to inherit a stake in the team ownership itself should something happen to Jerry Buss...

Given the frankness with which Jackson has stated that he cannot peacefully coexist w/ Kobe in his book- i gotta add two and two and come up with four.. (BTW Jackson was deferential toward Shaq in the same book)

Kobe could be the odd guy out sometime down the road...

KnuckleChucker
06-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Kobe could definatly be moved eventually......As soon as the powers that be realize that he is not their Savior....

Edmonton Fan
06-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Let's see how long it is until Bryant starts his BS again.

chadblazed420
06-16-2005, 11:36 PM
I gotta think that kobe might be on the move..

Kobe could be the odd guy out sometime down the road...

I was thinking that to, I know in the last season phil jacksons book, he said that himself and buss were thinking about trading kobe for jason kidd when kidd was still in pheonix few years ago, so I wouldnt be surprised if that happend man. What can u get back for kobe tho? the lakers cant afford to make another huge bust of a trade. If Kobe doesnt leave this year, then next forsure, but the lakers seem to love him over there :D