PDA

View Full Version : How do I put smileys in my text?

Oiler
08-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Probably simple but I don't know.

EskiPhenom
08-27-2005, 08:35 PM
The hit the happy face if you're quick posting, or select off the simley panel if you're in the posting page. :thup:

You'll need to ask E4E, E4L, or somebody about the big smiley central suckers though, I'm not into those ones myself. Hope this helps. :)

bceskiesfan
08-27-2005, 08:38 PM
If you want to use one of the smileys on the site, all you have to do is click on it and it will come up in your text. All these fancy smileys you're seeing are from a site called smileycentral.com. Just download the free program (it's called Web Search) and you're good to go. When you download the program, you'll get a smiley face on your toolbar that you click on, and the menu of smileys will come up. Right click on a smiley that you want to use and select "copy smiley html" then paste it in your text where you want it. Good luck!

P.S. After you download the program you'll have to click on the customize button (an exclamation point) and add the smiley button to your toolbar.

Oiler
11-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Thx, I'm kind of tentative about installing activeX controls though.

Opus
11-09-2005, 01:11 AM
That web search is a bitch to get rid of....

TurfToe
11-09-2005, 07:49 AM
what worked for me... when you go to post scroll down and you see some words way down in green. one says smilies. click on that. a page comes up with all the site's smileys and their keyboard shortcuts. print that page off and store next to your 'puter. then when posting, refer to printed page, use keyboard shortcuts and voila! :banana:

Esks4ever
11-09-2005, 07:56 AM

I've had no probs getting rid of it , and one time of it being a bit of a hassle

Angelus
11-09-2005, 11:26 AM
That's because it's spyware.

Delorean
11-09-2005, 11:29 AM
That's because it's spyware.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so. That thing is more trouble than it's worth.

TurfToe
11-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Hey Oiler, be thankful you are an Esks fan... otherwise the advice on adding smilies would have been...

'go to the store and get some fine tipped permanent markers. When typing a reply draw in the smiley you'd like on the screen! Now you can see a smiley! Continue until your screen is covered. Buy new computer and start again.'