PDA

View Full Version : Copeland Hurt....

Sgt. Nuke
09-02-2005, 09:46 AM
A guy I work with said that Copeland went down yesterday and had to get carried off the field. Not sure how accurate this is..... Has anyone else heard this?

56Parkies
09-02-2005, 09:48 AM
From The Edmonton Sun (http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2005/09/02/1199186-sun.html)

CALGARY -- Jeremaine Copeland hobbled out of the Stampeders locker-room yesterday wearing a boot cast on his right ankle while lugging home a Gatorade cooler full of ice.

Not a great sign just four days prior to the most important game of the regular season.

The valuable Stampeders slotback was carted off the practice field and could miss the Labour Day Classic with a sprained ankle, yet insists he'll be ready by Monday.

"Hell yeah, I'll play," Copeland said while limping in obvious discomfort.

"I stepped on a bad spot and rolled it and now I have a sprained tendon but I'll be all right. I'm just in pain right now."

Copeland is the Stampeders leading receiver through nine games with 42 catches for 735 yards, second in the CFL behind only Edmonton's Jason Tucker.

Head coach Tom Higgins said the injury will be re-evaluated today after the swelling subsides.

"We'll know more (today)," Higgins said. "Hopefully it's just a sprain that he can walk off."

griswold
09-02-2005, 09:56 AM
A guy I work with said that Copeland went down yesterday and had to get carried off the field. Not sure how accurate this is..... Has anyone else heard this?

Haven't seen any official, although the same story surfaced on Riderfans.com......not that that is a bastion of truth or anything.

On the one hand, I hope it's nothing serious. On the other hand I hope it keeps him out for the next say, oh I don't know, 2 games sound good? :rofl:

The less help the Stamps have the better off we all are. :cool:

09-02-2005, 09:59 AM
1 down the rest to go!

Even if he does play, how effective will he be? The ankle will be heavily taped and he will likely be shot up full of meds.
Huge blow to Calgary!

Sgt. Nuke
09-02-2005, 10:01 AM
On the one hand, I hope it's nothing serious.

What the heck? :D

glenvb
09-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Oh what a shame. :flame:

Well, now Hervey has someone to keep him company on the sidelines.

Diesel
09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
If he plays on it, it will be worse for the rematch.

Sgt. Nuke
09-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah....let him play. Copeland gimped is a big plus in my books!

griswold
09-02-2005, 10:34 AM
What the heck? :D

I was trying to take the high road and be classy about it.

What I was really thinking was, "I hope he's writhing in pain all day long thinking about how much we are going to kick his team's ass all over the field." :D

But that doesn't sound as classy.........

56Parkies
09-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I was trying to take the high road and be classy about it.

What I was really thinking was, "I hope he's writhing in pain all day long thinking about how much we are going to kick his team's ass all over the field." :D

But that doesn't sound as classy.........
Oh, I dunno.. s'got a certain charm about it.. ;)

Nanookster
09-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Let him play, he can use it as an excuse.

I heard he injured it dancing in the endzone at practice.

stampsfaninwinn
09-02-2005, 10:52 AM
:lol:

I heard he injured it dancing in the endzone at practice.
:lol: I am not a fan of the endzone dancing myself. This is a huge blow if he can't play, I am not worried though we have Lewis and he will have to have a huge game after he dropped that 2nd down pass from Burris that would have probably set up the winning field goal against the Argos. I also like the fact that if the Stamps for some strange reason don't win in Calgary we will have an excuse. :eek: I hope you know I am kidding about that, no excuses ever!!! It will make for a more exciting game with him there so lets hope he is better come Monday.

Opus
09-02-2005, 10:55 AM

I heard he injured it dancing in the endzone at practice.It's true.......I have a picture taken just before he was injured.

STAMPSFAN
09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
No matter if Copeland is out... we can survive without him. Nik Lewis, Gerald Harris, Brett Ralph, Rambo and ... and our new guy Kori Dickerson. Let me remind you Esk fans the Kori is 6 foot 5 inches... your biggest DB is 6 foot 2 inches... and then the rest of your DB are under 6 Feet... can you say just throw it up... that mismatch will be there all day. Furthermore we have something called a running game... you guys know what that is??? That is when you hand off the football to a guy who runs it... I bet you Eskabums haven't seen that in a while. I think you Esk fans are gettin a little nervous ... I would too if I have a QB who throws interceptions like Frito Lay Ricky Ray and no running game.

Good luck...

56Parkies
09-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I think you Esk fans are gettin a little nervous
I think you're confusing "nervous" for us salivating like a starving dog with a porterhouse.. Which is kinda a fitting metaphor for the way our D-Line is gonna swarm Hank all afternoon on Monday.. ;)

You've got your opinion on how things will turn out.. we've got ours. S'what makes it even more fun.. :)

Thrust
09-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Spoken like a true Stumps fan! Let me know when they stop using you as their personal shower boy, then your brain might not so overloaded with "Witt".
Can anyone help me out with some numbers? League leader in passing yards? Leading receivers? team records? (the list could be long, therefore I will end here)

griswold
09-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Fight....fight....fight....fight....fight.... :D

Here we go

No matter if Copeland is out... we can survive without him.

Survive, yes, win, not a hope.

Nik Lewis, Gerald Harris, Brett Ralph, Rambo and ... and our new guy Kori Dickerson. Who, who and who? Funny thing is I check the stats out and none of these guys even show up in the top 10 of any statistical category. Apparently stats do not matter to you folks down in Calgary. Of course they don't, you hired Flanders.

Let me remind you Esk fans the Kori is 6 foot 5 inches... your biggest DB is 6 foot 2 inches... and then the rest of your DB are under 6 Feet... can you say just throw it up... that mismatch will be there all day. That's great. Would you like a cake to celebrate this fact? We're 6 - 3, and you're 4 -5 . We have the best defence in the league, while you have the 2nd worst defence in the league. (Better thank you're lucky stars for Winnipeg!) But yeah, you got the jolly green giant, so good for you. Maybe he will eat cake with you.

Furthermore we have something called a running game... you guys know what that is??? That is when you hand off the football to a guy who runs it... I bet you Eskabums haven't seen that in a while. How's that running game working for ya? Cuz it seems to me you're 2 wins behind us. I'd rather have a win. You can have you're running game, just keep losing the way you have been.

I think you Esk fans are gettin a little nervous ... I would too if I have a QB who throws interceptions like Frito Lay Ricky Ray and no running game. Nervous? Yeah, that's it. He can throw all the interceptions he wants. He wins games and is on track to throw for the 2nd most yards thrown in 1 single season? Burris is only 3 interceptions behind Ray. And we're 2 wins ahead (have I mentioned this previously? :rofl: ). I'd trade 3 interceptions for 2 wins anyday.

Good luck... We don't need luck. You have Flanders and Burris. 'Nuff said :cool:

glenvb
09-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Ahh...fresh meat. Thanks, STAMPSFAN. :box:

Edmonton Fan
09-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Say it with me...

T.R.O.L.L.

STAMPSFAN
09-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Bring it Eskabums...

We shall see who gets the upper hand this week. Oh one question... who have you played that is actually a decent team and won?

Kevin Feterik
09-02-2005, 11:33 AM
^ Griswold, sorry but if you haven't heard of Nik Lewis then you've been living under a rock - top 5 in receiving with Copeland sounds like pretty good accolades to me... the rest of the receivers will have to step up their game, but they haven't shown any reason to think they can't, as Hank is putting up some lofty numbers as well (much to the chargrin of Nanookster, I may add).

Yes your D is great, but has also shown it is prone to big plays (ala Toronto game) - something that Calgary is capable of making both on the ground and through the air.

And the records are a little misleading - these teams are more evenly matched than some Esks fans may want to admit - Really the difference is Ham and Ott - you guys beat Ott, we didn't, and have played BC only once and been able to play Ham - we've had BC twice and no Ham yet... should be a good game, and hopefully Cope is good to go for it as well.

glenvb
09-02-2005, 11:33 AM
I guess our two wins over the next ten days won't count towards your question. :)

Thrust
09-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Bring it Eskabums...

:thup: Oh one question... who have you played that is actually a decent team and won?

You will still be asking that question after back-to-back losses to the Mighty Green and Gold!

STAMPSFAN
09-02-2005, 11:39 AM
You will still be asking that question after back-to-back losses to the Mighty Green and Gold!
Mighty Green and Gold... I laugh in your face... hahaha.

Pathedic Green and Gold being run down the Mighty Red and White... I think that makes a little more sense.

Diesel
Bring it Eskabums...

We shall see who gets the upper hand this week. Oh one question... who have you played that is actually a decent team and won?

Doesn't matter, you're no better than any of them.......

Edmonton Fan
I can't wait until we dismantle the stamps on the 5th... RR will torch your horrible D.

Opus
09-02-2005, 11:40 AM
No matter if Copeland is out... we can survive without him. Nik Lewis, Gerald Harris, Brett Ralph, Rambo and ... and our new guy Kori Dickerson. Let me remind you Esk fans the Kori is 6 foot 5 inches... your biggest DB is 6 foot 2 inches... and then the rest of your DB are under 6 Feet... can you say just throw it up... that mismatch will be there all day. Furthermore we have something called a running game... you guys know what that is??? That is when you hand off the football to a guy who runs it... I bet you Eskabums haven't seen that in a while. I think you Esk fans are gettin a little nervous ... I would too if I have a QB who throws interceptions like Frito Lay Ricky Ray and no running game.

Good luck...Harris (released from how many clubs in his career now?), Ralph (rookie), Rambo (un-impressive rookie), and new guy Dickerson (yawn......never played in the CFL).

Remind us Dickerson is 6-5? He's an NFL TE (remind me how much he weighs and his speed in the 40).....again yawn, someone remind me how tall Deitan Debuc is (and he likely won't even dress) or Trevor Gaylor......now how big are the lousy Red-devils in the Stamps secondary.

That is like the weakest smack I have ever seen. We've even decided to give you chumps at McMahon a treat. You'll get to see a real defense play there this year...too bad for you they'll be beating down Bank all day! :lol:

STAMPSFAN
09-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Doesn't matter, you're no better than any of them.......

May I refer you to the Kevin Feterik post just above this one... looks like the Eskimo fans are just as intelligent as their players... Dahhhh! I PLAY FOOOTBBALLLL!!!

Yes Ricky you do play football!!!

Chucker44
09-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Oh one question... who have you played that is actually a decent team and won?
Apparently this is only a two team league. If you aren't one of the two teams then it's a three team league.

Opus
09-02-2005, 11:42 AM

Pathedic Green and Gold being run down the Mighty Red and White... I think that makes a little more sense.It has been said: "Life abhors a vacuum"....

....your ears must hate each other. :D

09-02-2005, 11:43 AM
May I refer you to the Kevin Feterik post just above this one... looks like the Eskimo fans are just as intelligent as their players... Dahhhh! I PLAY FOOOTBBALLLL!!!

Yes Ricky you do play football!!!

Is there a reason your rep power and IQ are similar?

STAMPSFAN
09-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Harris (released from how many clubs in his career now?), Ralph (rookie), Rambo (un-impressive rookie), and new guy Dickerson (yawn......never played in the CFL).

Remind us Dickerson is 6-5? He's an NFL TE (remind me how much he weighs and his speed in the 40).....again yawn, someone remind me how tall Deitan Debuc is (and he likely won't even dress) or Trevor Gaylor......now how big are the lousy Red-devils in the Stamps secondary.

That is like the weakest smack I have ever seen. We've even decided to give you chumps at McMahon a treat. You'll get to see a real defense play there this year...too bad for you they'll be beating down Bank all day! :lol:

You are talking about being released by CFL clubs... take a look at your new Running Back... never even made the Alouette Practice Roster

Chucker44
09-02-2005, 11:45 AM

Pathedic Green and Gold being run down the Mighty Red and White... I think that makes a little more sense.
This guy is a riot.

When you are throwing out the insults and trying to sound smart, two words of advice:

Spell Checker

Edmonton Fan
09-02-2005, 11:46 AM
A few wins and the Stamps fans are planning a Grey Cup parade... How Ironic.

Diesel
09-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Won't work, his spell checker is his Mom and she's only a grade ahead of him......

STAMPSFAN
09-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Won't work, his spell checker is his Mom and she's only a grade ahead of him......Typical Edmontonian..... Low class... I bet you are the guy I saw there last year with all the hot women...I was the guy in the dirty leather jacket, the mullet and the mustard stain on my dirty white shirt. Who throws out the mom jokes anymore? My mom knows her own way to the curb... I guess my response is that at least you've gone to school... what is the percentage of Calgarian who never went to school and dropped out to work at the local rub & tug?... 98%

Opus
09-02-2005, 11:54 AM
You are talking about being released by CFL clubs... take a look at your new Running Back... never even made the Alouette Practice Rostershall I correct you again? sure, why not?

If you are referring to Michael Jenkins, he was on the Al's practice roster for seven weeks before being released. He also has yet to make our active roster or take a single hand-off in the Green & Gold....so your point is???

Shall we instead talk about Craig Carr? A draft bust who I thought would be washing cars some where right now......or would you rather quit while you are way behind? :lol:

Diesel
09-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Typical Edmontonian..... Low class... I bet you are the guy I saw there last year with the dirty leather jacket, the mullet and the mustard stain on your dirty white shirt who was feeding it to my sister.

Nah it wasn't me but it was funny to watch tho......

Opus
09-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Typical Edmontonian..... High class... I bet you are the guy I saw there last year with all the hot women...I was the guy in the dirty leather jacket, the mullet and the mustard stain on my dirty white shirt. Who throws out the mom jokes anymore? My mom knows her own way to the curb... I guess my response is that at least you've gone to school... what is the percentage of Calgarian who never went to school and dropped out to work at the local rub & tug?... 98%good you're changing your tone :thup:

Chucker44
09-02-2005, 11:58 AM
I guess my response is that at least we are in school...
I blame Ralph for this guy. He shouldn't have hooked up the SuperNet to the daycares.

Diesel
09-02-2005, 11:59 AM
The power of the dark side at work.......... Clueless pooft, taking a knife to a gunfight. :D

griswold
09-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Bring it Eskabums...

We trashed Ottawa twice 41 - 16 and 29 -21, and they have a better record than you do.

And we also beat Montreal, who has the same record as you.

What's all this mean? You, your team, and Flanders will be crying all the way back to the lockerroom after we annilihate you on Monday. :rofl:

griswold
09-02-2005, 12:25 PM
^ Griswold, sorry but if you haven't heard of Nik Lewis then you've been living under a rock - top 5 in receiving with Copeland sounds like pretty good accolades to me... the rest of the receivers will have to step up their game, but they haven't shown any reason to think they can't, as Hank is putting up some lofty numbers as well (much to the chargrin of Nanookster, I may add).

Yes your D is great, but has also shown it is prone to big plays (ala Toronto game) - something that Calgary is capable of making both on the ground and through the air.

And the records are a little misleading - these teams are more evenly matched than some Esks fans may want to admit - Really the difference is Ham and Ott - you guys beat Ott, we didn't, and have played BC only once and been able to play Ham - we've had BC twice and no Ham yet... should be a good game, and hopefully Cope is good to go for it as well.

Since Copeland is out, he really can't be brought into this. But yes, my apologies for Lewis, after re-checking the Pass Receiving stats, he is top 5, so I apologize for that one.

griswold
09-02-2005, 12:27 PM
This guy is a riot.

When you are throwing out the insults and trying to sound smart, two words of advice:

Spell Checker

He's from Calgary, cut his some slack. He's lucky he can chew his own food, or dress himself. :rofl:

Nanook99
09-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Typical Edmontonian..... High class... I bet you are the guy I saw there last year with all the hot women...I was the guy in the dirty leather jacket, the mullet and the mustard stain on my dirty white shirt. Who throws out the mom jokes anymore? My mom knows her own way to the curb... I guess my response is that at least you've gone to school... what is the percentage of Calgarian who never went to school and dropped out to work at the local rub & tug?... 98%

Hey man, I enjoy being called High Class. Just knowing that you're a leather jacket wearing mullet haired mustard stained employee of a rub and tug makes me understand your posts so much more.
:rofl:
:rofl:
How attractive! To blame your ignorance on dropping out, very astute. Oh sorry, I shouldn't use such big words. That's my university eduction that I worked for talking. :crazy:
;)
N99

Opus
09-02-2005, 01:04 PM
:king: :D :rofl:

Stamps
09-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Big blow for Calgary. I hope Copeland sits out a game or two so his ankle will be 100% instead of making it worse down the road. It's time for Rambo and Harris to step up their game. This is their chance.

Also with Copeland out I can see Joffrey getting the ball maybe 20 times instead of 10 now.

Diesel
09-02-2005, 01:47 PM
We've been very good against the run this year.

Opus
09-02-2005, 01:48 PM
We've been very good against the run this year.correction......the best against the run this year. :thup:

STAMPSFAN
09-02-2005, 01:52 PM
We trashed Ottawa twice 41 - 16 and 29 -21, and they have a better record than you do.

And we also beat Montreal, who has the same record as you.

What's all this mean? You, your team, and Flanders will be crying all the way back to the lockerroom after we annilihate you on Monday. :rofl:

You call 29-21 a trashin'... good one

Thrust
09-02-2005, 01:53 PM

Great come back! Now I think I will turn off my computer and curl up in the corner with a brown paper bag of cooking wine and contemplate my pathetic team! Thank you for pointing out all the qualities of the Stamps, as well as the inabilities of the Esks. I have you personaly to thank for showing me the light!

I sure hope that one day I will be able to proudly hold my head up high and say...I am a Stamps fan! :eek: However, the brain damage needed to think, and post like some Stamps fans (not counting KF) would leave me in a vegtable state. Unfortunately I will have to resign in chearing for a winning team like the Esks! I will keep you updated in the mental retardation progress Stampsfan... :thup:

Stamps
09-02-2005, 01:57 PM
We've been very good against the run this year.

It's going to have a bad game one of these days. Not saying it will be Calgary that does it but the more Joffrey gets the ball the better I like are chances.

Diesel
09-02-2005, 02:06 PM
If you're forced to run the ball to try and win, you're pushing a rock a long way uphill.

griswold
09-02-2005, 02:12 PM
If you're forced to run the ball to try and win, you're pushing a rock a long way uphill.

Especially against the #1 defence in the league? Have I mentioned this before??? :wham:

glenvb
09-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Since this thread seems dedicated to trash talk...

The result of Monday's game (http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwDtAuIY!vxCf!LqsXBkoLXuJ0MS!*SqpH8VwXdtWpv4XVx7N BucxjJh2umHmm2c83SmaHcre6HAhkr33eDqi82b2CUpiYc1WH7 nGFtSe74!5sVUE*1!vg/beating-a-dead-horse.gif)

Opus
09-02-2005, 02:27 PM

The result of Monday's game (http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwDtAuIY!vxCf!LqsXBkoLXuJ0MS!*SqpH8VwXdtWpv4XVx7N BucxjJh2umHmm2c83SmaHcre6HAhkr33eDqi82b2CUpiYc1WH7 nGFtSe74!5sVUE*1!vg/beating-a-dead-horse.gif)yup, time to move it to a forum where we can really do some damage methinks.....:D

griswold
09-02-2005, 02:28 PM

The result of Monday's game (http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwDtAuIY!vxCf!LqsXBkoLXuJ0MS!*SqpH8VwXdtWpv4XVx7N BucxjJh2umHmm2c83SmaHcre6HAhkr33eDqi82b2CUpiYc1WH7 nGFtSe74!5sVUE*1!vg/beating-a-dead-horse.gif)

And what thread on this board doesn't eventually turn to either:

1) trash-talking in general
2) trash-talking Numberz, his Mom, or his sister.
3) Rider or Stamp bashing

???

56Parkies
09-02-2005, 02:36 PM

???
Ones that start out that way? ;)

Sgt. Nuke
09-02-2005, 02:36 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to STAMPSFAN again.

Damn.

I'm surprised this guy is a Stamps fan....he sounds as deluded as most Rider fans. Hey Feterik, I have a new sig for you....

Stamps fans can be Rider Fans with a few more teeth.

glenvb
09-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Don't worry Nuke, I'll take care of it for ya :)

Thrust
09-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Don't worry Nuke, I'll take care of it for ya :)

Good Call Gelnvb, in case yours didn't work, I covered it as well!

KnuckleChucker
09-02-2005, 03:02 PM
There goes the choreographed first down celebrations.....:D

gizmo fan 2
09-02-2005, 10:59 PM
There goes the choreographed first down celebrations.....:D

:lol: :lol: :thup: (tm)

Indeed. :thup:

TurfToe
09-03-2005, 12:42 AM

???
you forgot
4) sex
5) EL vs FF Pillow Fight Extravaganza