boydo

Things Don't Make Sense...

Rate this Entry
Some things can make the average person go "huh" and scratch their heads...these are a few of the ones that make me wonder what they're putting in the water sometimes...
- Never Touch a Germy Soap Pump Again...
An ingenious cash grab from Lysol preying on the dumb and frightened. Last I checked, washing your hands got rid of most bacteria/germs...so if you're washing your hands with soap (as you should be), what difference does it make if there are germs on the soap pump? Do you play with the soap pump after you're done washing your hands? Do they really need instructions for these things?
- The Legion and Turbans...
This is a heated debate that's bugged me for years. It may have changed recently and if it has, I apologize...but why the hell is it ok for people to wear cowboy hats in the Legion during the Stampede and turbans are not allowed ever? Both are types of headgear and from what I remember back on the farm, any real cowboy would show his respect and remove his hat when he came indoors anyways...which brings me to my next gripe.
- Wearing Your Hat At The Table...
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but it bugs the bejesus out of me to see people wearing their dirty ballcaps at the table when I'm out at the Sawmill. (hell, even at McD's it bugs me) Again, maybe it was just at our house (which I know for sure it wasn't) that if you didn't take your hat off at the table...you didn't get any supper. And the only people that were allowed to wear hats indoors were the ladies on Sunday at church. It's a sign of respect going back to the days of knights removing their helmets to show that they trust their host and are not threatening the lord of the manor so to speak. I'll put it this way, if I wore my hat at the table tonight, even in my own house, and my mom or dad were there...they'd smack it off my head! And you can be damned sure that my son won't be wearing his sideways ballcap in the house...which leads to...
- Wearing a Ballcap Sideways/Backwards...
Ok, so I remember when the only time you were supposed to wear your hat backwards was when you were a backcatcher, mechanic working under a car or something along those lines. I'll admit though that I've been guilty of wearing mine backwards once in a while, but I didn't need the brim for shading the sun because I was wearing sunglasses. (more on that later) As for wearing it sideways or cocked off to the side, well I'm just old I guess and am not hip with the kids.
- Wearing Sunglasses on Top of Your Head and Squinting...
Duh. Do I really need to say anything here? If you have sunglasses, wear the damned things and quit squinting or shading your eyes with your hand (or maybe turn your hat around dumbass)

So yeah, that's a few things that vex me. There could be worse I guess and maybe I'm just a nitpicker, but what do you do?
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

"Ok, so I remember when the only time you were supposed to wear your hat backwards was when you were a backcatcher, mechanic working under a car or something along those lines."

What's a backcatcher? They don't catch backs...... A catcher, that's it.

LOL
    Smartass...I guess I'm not up on my baseball terminology...that's what we called it in school. Then again we also called hoodie - bunnyhugs...