Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2 cents.

vCash

Attention My 2 cents.

My worst play as a pro, in hind sight I should have filed it away and taken his head off next game. If all goes well I will still get that chance. With that being said I will ALWAYS be there for my team. B.O.N.E that means everything to me. #77

vCash

Re: My 2 cents.

What was said/done to provoke that action ?

(missed the game)

vCash

At least 77 showed positive emotion not like that twit Maccioa who hugged Mass.
    If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Kudos for standing up and admitting it. I'd expect nothing less.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

AJ - thanks. Hope you get to play next week and that you have a great game.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by esks77
    My worst play as a pro, in hind sight I should have filed it away and taken his head off next game. If all goes well I will still get that chance. With that being said I will ALWAYS be there for my team. B.O.N.E that means everything to me. #77

Hmmm well you admit that you made a mistake, yet you aspire to get revenge????

Classy.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly
    Hmmm well you admit that you made a mistake, yet you aspire to get revenge????

Classy.
    This is football.

It's sunday afternoon, shouldn't you be at your lawn bowling tournament?
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus
    This is football.

Cancelled due to ugly weather........ We would have owned you today though!!!! See you next week!

vCash

I think most diehard Eskies fans on this board understand why you did what you did. To me, going for someone's knee on the last play of the game when the QB is taking a knee is far worse than kicking at the "offender" when he is on the ground. Hopefully the CFL will stand up and finally take issue with those players that choose to cross the line and dish out dirty hits like the one we saw from Ralph last night.
    Go Eskies!

vCash

I think it was out of sure frustration. A.J is a heart and soul guy and the Esks D played their butts off in the second half. They did everything the could to give the team a chance to come back in the second half and win.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus
    This is football.

Cancelled because of rain. "Cow pies don't roll well when they're wet." This was a direct quote from the Regina/Calgary Thin Book of Deep Thoughts. This is Volume I of a series that was cancelled due to a lack of content.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

All I can say it is a classless boneheaded move..*edit*...Enjoy your suspension...
    Last edited by Fish; 09-17-2006 at 09:43 PM. Reason: violation site rule #4

vCash

I still think AJ is a great player, and he's not dirty. It's football...I was moved to linebacker this year at my high school, and now I understand better the defensive mindset. What AJ does on the field is exactly what I try to do when I go out and play.

That said, I don't condone what AJ did on the final play, but he's owning up to his mistake and I know he's a professional...my message to him is to just keep on playing like he's been playing...we need that aggressiveness back on the defense.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Numberz
    I still think AJ is a great player, and he's not dirty. It's football...I was moved to linebacker this year at my high school, and now I understand better the defensive mindset. What AJ does on the field is exactly what I try to do when I go out and play.

That said, I don't condone what AJ did on the final play, but he's owning up to his mistake and I know he's a professional...my message to him is to just keep on playing like he's been playing...we need that aggressiveness back on the defense.
    Owning up???
    "should have filed it away and taken his head off next game. If all goes well I will still get that chance."
    Ya right. plotting revenge to hurt another player......real nice.

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cactus789
    Owning up???
    "should have filed it away and taken his head off next game. If all goes well I will still get that chance."
    Ever heard of a metaphor? Trash talk? Or for that matter watched the original MASH?:

Painless: [lining up during football game] All right, Bub, your f***in' head is coming right off.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Vale
    Ever heard of a metaphor? Trash talk? Or for that matter watched the original MASH?:

Painless: [lining up during football game] All right, Bub, your f***in' head is coming right off.
    I'm responding to the post'"owning up"...Do I have to explain the meaning of that to you?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cactus789
    Owning up???
    Good on AJ for admitting his mistake.

You're also taking his other words too litterally. Guys go out and try to "take somebodies head off" in every football game. It doesn't neccesarily mean they want to deliberatly injure them, but rather crush them with a legal hit. I think AJ meant the later with his words.

I would have rather seen AJ pull Ralph to his feet, and tell him just that, when this all went down. Choosing to kick him was a poor decision, and likely to cost him a game check and/or a fine.

Inquiring Mind is offline We're looking for dick to floor. Let's call that D2F

2009 & 2014 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Vale

A little trivia... first "f***" in mainstream cinema history!

Last edited by Inquiring Mind; 09-17-2006 at 04:21 PM.
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood
    Good on AJ for admitting his mistake.

You're also taking his other words too litterally. Guys go out and try to "take somebodies head off" in every football game. It doesn't neccesarily mean they want to deliberatly injure them, but rather crush them with a legal hit. I think AJ meant the later with his words.

I would have rather seen AJ pull Ralph to his feet, and tell him just that, when this all went down. Choosing to kick him was a poor decision, and likely to cost him a game check and/or a fine.
    Exactly Heywood.....I'd also like to say that unlike others who have been guilty of recent incidents lately. AJ has at least manned up for his act.

The kick was the wrong way to go about it.

Thanks AJ, you didn't have to come on here and say it, but it is appreciated.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

That kick last night really surprised me. I've always looked at you as a very intense and quality player and thankfully plays like last night aren't a regular occurance. Kudos to you to have the balls to come on here and say your peace. Just make sure when you guys are in Regina that you do that kinda stuff when the opposition is on their feet.
    Last edited by Migs; 09-17-2006 at 04:38 PM.

vCash

I still feel the knee attack was worse.

In football, a kick like that is harmless. In a street-fight, kicking can be deadly. And I feel that is why this is all out of context.

What Brock Ralph did was probably one of the top three dirty incidents I have ever witnessed in professional sports. He tried to injury someone (Braidwood) with a solid weapon (his helmet). There was unprovoked intent to injure in that instance.

AJ kicked a guy in full football gear. It's not like he was wearing a steel toed boot. He was coming to the aid of his teammate.

Did Tanya Harding get someone to kick Nancy Kerrigan? No, she had someone smack her in the knee with a pipe.

In professional sports the dirtiest thing is going after a players knees.

I still don't feel AJ was in the wrong. That doesn't mean I liked the kick, but in all reality there are not many proper ways for him to act in retalliation.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

What does B.O.N.E mean
    Tucker = Clutch

In the mud, the muck, the blood and the beer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker83
    What does B.O.N.E mean
    Brotherhood Of Nasty Eskimos.

It's (the definition) on the main banner at the top, also.

Funny how Esksfans are the only ones who see Gass' act as justified or not that bad. Could be you're looking at things with rose coloured glasses. Just remember that, when you're beaking CGY fans for backing la femme Nikita Lewis for his completely legal hit or when Rider fans are ticked at their players getting fined/suspended for infractions the refs themselves didn't call penalties on.

You are all alone in your support for A.J. and that says something.

Inquiring Mind is offline We're looking for dick to floor. Let's call that D2F

2009 & 2014 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by UPP
    Funny how Esksfans are the only ones who see Gass' act as justified or not that bad. Could be you're looking at things with rose coloured glasses. Just remember that, when you're beaking CGY fans for backing la femme Nikita Lewis for his completely legal hit or when Rider fans are ticked at their players getting fined/suspended for infractions the refs themselves didn't call penalties on.

Be wary of the broadness of your strokes there compadre
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash

Thank you for the post A.J. - that's all I need to say about the matter!!!
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blood
    Brotherhood Of Nasty Eskimos.

It's (the definition) on the main banner at the top, also.
    Thank-You now i feel like an idiot
    Tucker = Clutch

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by UPP

You look really silly when you don't read the responses in this thread first.
    I thought I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted paychecks.

vCash

Way to speak up AJ .... definitely way more than "2 cents"

(Y)
    Ritch

Actually, I'd like to see some of our players take your head off, next game, AJ. Your actions at the end of the game last Saturday were not out of character. You're known across the league as a dirty player.