Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My 2 cents.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Re: My 2 cents.

And hopefully blow up Ralph with a hellacious hit that will make grown men wince and mothers cross themselves.......
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

KnuckleChucker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by albertabound
    I'm just happy to be able to add a credible touch of reality to some folks on this thread. My apologies for a first post. Darn.
    But it is time to move on. Lets see how Gass handles things Friday night. We'll see if he is either full of hot air..... or more interested in a street fight than playing football.
    I have liked Edmonton's brand of classy football for more than 40 years. This attempted kicking incident and the support for what Gass did on this thread definately mark a low point in the teams history.
    4 words come to mind...

First two - Jeff Braswell
    Second two - Mountain and Molehill

Time to move on from this people. Gass knows what he did was wrong and has publicly admitted to such. 95% of those here are by no means condoning what he did and Gass would likely be the first in line to correct those that do....

Lets focus on the game tomorrow....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bceskiesfan
    I wonder where E4L put that can of troll spray...we could probably use a couple of cans for this thread...
    At your request.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    And hopefully blow up Ralph with a hellacious hit that will make grown men wince and mothers cross themselves.......
    I really don't think Gass is really going to get redemption in this game. You can bet that the Ti-Cat coaches are going to be reminding the refs before this game about Gass's comments this week and they will be watching him like a hawk. I don't think it would take much for him to get ejected considering the history from the week before. And I don't think the Esks can afford to be without him considering their current circumstance. Also, the Eskimos can't be taking unnecessary roughness penalties either.

That's not to say that redemption will never occur. I bet that it will be served next year when the attention to this is minimized.

Others may disagree and call me a troll for saying that. C'est la vie.

vCash

I didn't say he should take a shot outside the rules, but a good ol fashioned slobber knocker.

I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    I didn't say he should take a shot outside the rules, but a good ol fashioned slobber knocker.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. But I still think the officials will be more willing to throw their flags especially if the contact is above the shoulders. I just suspect that officials will try to thwart any attempts for a melee to ensue, which could very well happen in this game

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by esks4life
    You honestly think Gass is going to do something stupid again after all that has happened? I think not. He is going to go out there and play hard nosed football and put this incident behind him.

Esks4life:
    If he does he needs to be congratulated.
    As Drew Bledsoe said this week...its how you react to bad stuff that counts.

vCash

Just to clarify the meaning of B.O.N.E as told by Jedrock:

Re: "Brotherhood of Nasty Eskimos"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The phrase B.O.N.E. was first coined back in the mid to the late seventies by Keply, Towns, Fennell, and the rest of the gang to signify a certain attitude that was necessary on behalf of that group to have whenever they stepped between the lines for them to set the tone in any game they were in.

The phrase was handed down from generation to generation and it is still a rallying cry to this day. If you listen carefully during practices and games you can still the guys all yell "BONE!!" whenever they break a huddle.

The brotherhood is as strong today as it was then- it is the responsibility of the older guys to carry that message over to the younger guys so that they can instill that same attitude and refusal to accept any less than the best from every guy on the team whenever they step out onto that field.

B.O.N.E has a special meaning for me because I was privileged enough to actually go to war with some of the five-in-a-row gang..

I treasured to opportunity to pass along the meaning of that phrase to the guys that are playing today.

Hopefully the tradition will continue.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Just to clarify the meaning of B.O.N.E as told by Jedrock:
    Thanks Diesel, I was wondering that myself.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    No problem, take Brock Ralph along too and I'll be happy.
    Ditto.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

This issue has been beaten to death as far as I'm concerned, but I just have to say that the comments about Gass' reaction by the panel on CBC were very interesting. They were almost defending AJ Gass; basically saying that football is like war to those guys, players seek revenge all the time, and try to get a shot in whenever they can. But, Flutie added that you never go for a guy's knees. Period.

I just hope all the whiners out there who think Gass committed murder with that kick heard their comments (guys who actually PLAYED pro football).

Jedrock43 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eskiediehard
    This issue has been beaten to death as far as I'm concerned, but I just have to say that the comments about Gass' reaction by the panel on CBC were very interesting. They were almost defending AJ Gass; basically saying that football is like war to those guys, players seek revenge all the time, and try to get a shot in whenever they can. But, Flutie added that you never go for a guy's knees. Period.

I just hope all the whiners out there who think Gass committed murder with that kick heard their comments (guys who actually PLAYED pro football).

What He said^

KnuckleChucker Guest

Thanks to Mr. Gass for his comments and to everyone else for their opinions...

I think it is time to let it die....

Forward your complaints to the complaint department.....