Thread: Signs of Life

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Critique Signs of Life

Post game thoughts:

Oline had one of their best games of the season. Kabongo really brought his game up several notches.

Great job by the defence in holding it together while losing three starters. One hell of a gut check.

We still continue to force a square peg into round holes on offense and never seem to do anything to change the round to square. I was watching the 88 western final on ESPN classics and our offense back then employed slotback sceeens, full house backfields, and we would keep defenses guessing. If we could do a few small things to give teams something different to think about from time to time, our same ol, same ol offence would be more effective.

Still not a fan of blitzing the safety and not getting pressure.

I had Pat Woodcock cut and resigned twice last night.

Wad was money. Nice job.

Fully expected the Call State Fullerton Band to hit the field during the last play. The fact the riders DIDN'T score just might be the break we've so desperately needed all year as we finally didn't succumb to shooting ourselves in the foot.

Nice job of the younger players responding to the vets calling them out.

Taylor Inglis had more fire in him last night than at any time I can recall this year. Nice downfield tackles

I thought giving up the safety when the score was tied was the wrong move and it was looking like it would have cost us, considering we were then forced to punt a few series later. I understand there's a time and place to give up points but I never like putting a team in the lead by doing so.

We live to fight another day. If we can make up two points in the next three games, the last game of the year will determine our fate. Sask had a chance to burry us and inscribe the tombstone but we just thrust our hand from the grave.
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Re: Signs of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Fully expected the Call State Fullerton Band to hit the field during the last play.
    I'm familiar with the Stanford (with Elway) vs Cal incident - but not this one...Could you elaborate?
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

shouldn't this be merged with the exsiting thread of post game thoughts ?

vCash

I still can't believe the ****ing Riders got to our 4 yard line.....
    I officially retract my vote for DDS as Prime Minister. He's clearly incompetent.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Nuke
    I still can't believe the ****ing Riders got to our 4 yard line.....

get over it. its done. they didn't make it. move on.

vCash

That would have just made our season absolutely unbelievable. I told my wife...if they had scored, it would have been time to start looking for the Jonah in Edmonton, cause clearly God hates Edmonton this year.
    I officially retract my vote for DDS as Prime Minister. He's clearly incompetent.

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Nuke
    That would have just made our season absolutely unbelievable. I told my wife...if they had scored, it would have been time to start looking for the Jonah in Edmonton, cause clearly God hates Edmonton this year.
    Either that or someone got a Job in the organization...
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

All the atheists out there are saying

What the hell?

vCash

Last Week:

This week:

I said from the beginning that you guys would make the playoffs, and you will. The trouble from here is that it only takes a 3 game steak to win it all.

I for one, remember what happened 10 months ago all too well.
    This space for rent. Cheap.

Delivery charges may apply.

vCash

I would be happy just making it in. Then the team can relax after the season and focus on the repairs needed for next year.

Although we proved that we can beat Calgary and BC this year, so, Maybe we can go the distance.
    COLOR=DarkGreen]Eskimo fan in Newfoundland, Missing my season seat![/COLOR]

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EEfan
    I would be happy just making it in. Then the team can relax after the season and focus on the repairs needed for next year.

Although we proved that we can beat Calgary and BC this year, so, Maybe we can go the distance.
    If they buck the odds and make the playoffs?

I'd pick 'em to win it all.

1) Momentum is a dangerous thing.
    2) Henry Burris sucks.
    3) Dave Dickenson's track record in big games is slightly better than that of Burris.
    4) We have Ricky Ray.

First things first though, gotta win some more games. The focus shouldn't go beyond this Monday in Toronto. But there is at least hope. The next three weeks see us with Toronto twice and Montreal once. Saskatchewan draws Montreal twice and us once. As Diesel said, all the Esks have to do is be 2 points better than the Riders over that stretch, and it will set up a de-facto "Western Division Quarter-final" at Commonwealth on the 27th.

The streak ain't dead yet. The two losses to Hamilton though, they still sting. Ditto the Stegall game and the dropped snap in Vancouver....
    Rhodes to Nowhere - GTFO Len!

2017 Eskimos Season Ticket Holder - Section P, Row 21!

vCash

I wonder how bad Joseph is hurt? Oh man, if the Esks could just get some momentum going, anything could happen. I'm hoping and praying that the playoff spot comes down to that last game at commonwealth and I can watch the Esks snatch the spot away from the Riders.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Its very interesting right now.
    We are up against Toronto, Williams is hurt again (?!)
    Joseph, if he has a sprained ACL, would be out.
    Montreal has had a very bad second half and should be beatable.

Go Esks Go!!!

N99
    Section G, Row 16, seat 14

vCash

If it comes down to the last game, I predict.....ooooh about 52,000 heart attacks.
    COLOR=DarkGreen]Eskimo fan in Newfoundland, Missing my season seat![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by EEfan
    If it comes down to the last game, I predict.....ooooh about 52,000 heart attacks.
    There are just under a million faithful in Saskatchewan, I am sure those numbers would be higher.
    Clermont #82

If I say any thing nice about the Eskimos here, always remember I am Lion all the time.

crede quod habes, et habes

Eskimo two word sumation........Enigmatically Eskimo's

vCash

all the Esks have to do is be 2 points better than the Riders over that stretch, and it will set up a de-facto "Western Division Quarter-final" at Commonwealth on the 27th.
    If the Esks are two points up on Sask. going into that last game, and they lose, we are in the playoffs due to the season series win on Saturday. Correct?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks996
    If the Esks are two points up on Sask. going into that last game, and they lose, we are in the playoffs due to the season series win on Saturday. Correct?
    Yes.

But for that to happen (us clinching before the SSK game), the Esks would have to win their next three, and SSK would have to lose their next three. Possible, but unlikely.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo fan 2
    Yes.

But for that to happen (us clinching before the SSK game), the Esks would have to win their next three, and SSK would have to lose their next three. Possible, but unlikely.
    True.

Stranger things have happened.