Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's In The Console?

vCash

Games What's In The Console?

well, we have threads for music and movies, and we always seem to have discussions about games, so might as well start an official thread for it....

anyway, my 2 biggest games at the moment are Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Gears...classic already, love the multiplayer, yet too many little kids online. Also, gets kind of easy at times.

9/10

Vegas...good online, challenging, realistic. Not as fun and sometimes slow.

8.5/10

vCash

Re: What's In The Console?

My buddy just gave me his Xbox. I have Tiger Woods 2006 in it right now.

vCash

Madden 06 in the Game Cube
    Tucker = Clutch

vCash

My PS2 has God of War 2 in it, my Wii has Super Paper Mario in it. My PC is running Battlefield 2. I don't have a 360 game on the go right now. I just finished a rental of Saint's Row. I thought it sucked.

Upcoming:

July 17 everything gets relegated to the backburner as Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80s comes out. Only on PS2.

August 21 I'll be playing Bioshock. It comes out on 360 and PC. I'll be getting the PC version.

August 30 I'll be playing Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii.

October 17 I'll be playing Grand Theft Auto 4 on the 360.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Eastside Hockey Manager... That is all.
    I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Muley69 View Post
    My buddy just gave me his Xbox. I have Tiger Woods 2006 in it right now.
    If you haven't played KOTOR then you must head to you nearest EB and get a copy of it immediately.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    If you haven't played KOTOR then you must head to you nearest EB and get a copy of it immediately.
    never got into those games...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Numberz View Post
    never got into those games...
    the second one sucked thanks tohorrid coding. But the first KOTOR is one of my favorite RPGs ever.

vCash

by those I meant RPGs. Kinda boring, take too long. I like action, and multiplayer with lots of people.

vCash

Oh...and if anyone has played the 360 Marvel Ultimate Alliance...gimmie a review. Been eyeing that one.

Mind you...I have a full games schedule right until Christmas. Still.. I'd like to know if it's okay.

vCash

by those I meant RPGs. Kinda boring, take too long. I like action, and multiplayer with lots of people.
    You must hate that 4 on 4 garbage in Gears of War then.

32 on 32 in Battlefield 2 (PC) FTW!

vCash

You must hate that 4 on 4 garbage in Gears of War then.

32 on 32 in Battlefield 2 (PC) FTW!
    Naw, with the size of the maps, it's alright. And sometimes 32 on 32 is too much. Not enough time or capability to stratagize.

vCash

Rocky Legends (PS2) as a bit of a breather from an extended run of NHL 2K7.

vCash

Counter-Strike.

Haven't played in a few weeks though.... banned from most servers that I ping below 75 on, and don't have nearly enough time to play competitive any more.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Counter-Strike.

Haven't played in a few weeks though.... banned from most servers that I ping below 75 on, and don't have nearly enough time to play competitive any more.

Banned? I have to hear these stories.

vCash

has anyone seen the previews for that Pro Football 2K8?

vCash

Banned? I have to hear these stories.
    Step 1) Set enable_voice to 0.

Step 2) Play with user name "I AM A BANANA!!!"

Step 3) Consistently be in first, to the point where all the 13 year old kids and 35 year old virgins think you're hacking.

Step 4) When someone asks something, tell them past experience and point out the 4 digit steam ID.

Step 5) "You have been permanently banned from this server."

Rinse and repeat I think the name gets me into more trouble than anything... gotta love the rejected cartoons. I don't think too many people appreciate consistently dying because of someone named "I AM A BANANA!!!"

Fact is, I just spent way too much time playing the game when I was 13 and 14, and you don't really lose it because it's mostly angles, reaction speed and muscle memory.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

has anyone seen the previews for that Pro Football 2K8?

Yeah. The gameplay looks outstanding. No franchise mode. HUGE head scratcher.

vCash

Yeah. The gameplay looks outstanding. No franchise mode. HUGE head scratcher.
    That's fine - let them perfect the gameplay first, work with the extra's for 2K9.

Too many companies try too hard to do too much and lose the whole game in doing so. Simple is generally best.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

PDO, I cannot count how many times I've been kicked off a Battlefield server because I killed the admin.

Mind you, I am by no means an upper echelon player. Just because someone owns you doesn't mean they're cheating. I can spot the hackers playing battlefield because when you shoot them they don't die.

vCash

That's fine - let them perfect the gameplay first, work with the extra's for 2K9.

Too many companies try too hard to do too much and lose the whole game in doing so. Simple is generally best.
    meh, Madden 08 for the Wii is what I'll be getting this year. 07 was a fantastic game. At least on the Wii it was. I never want to go back to playing video game football any other way.

vCash

PDO, I cannot count how many times I've been kicked off a Battlefield server because I killed the admin.

Mind you, I am by no means an upper echelon player. Just because someone owns you doesn't mean they're cheating. I can spot the hackers playing battlefield because when you shoot them they don't die.
    Heh. CS doesn't have any cheats like that... but I've nailed some fairly good cheaters down. It's basically wallhacks, aim bots and speed hacks.

The last two are painfully easy to spot, but if someone is wallhacking, they can generally pull it off without too many people realizing... if they chose to.

As for shooting people who won't die? Someone's not familiar with ****ty net graph . Some of the video's I have are somewhere in between hilarious and pathetic .

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Once I saw Ickey Woods doing the "Shuffle" it almost had me not wanting to ever play the game. Also had the Elway dive into the endzone for the Super Bowl winning TD. I'll stick with Madden.

Also, the graphics looks like crap.

vCash

Heh. CS doesn't have any cheats like that... but I've nailed some fairly good cheaters down. It's basically wallhacks, aim bots and speed hacks.

The last two are painfully easy to spot, but if someone is wallhacking, they can generally pull it off without too many people realizing... if they chose to.

As for shooting people who won't die? Someone's not familiar with ****ty net graph . Some of the video's I have are somewhere in between hilarious and pathetic .
    Battlefield wasn't coded with cheats. People are writing hacks for it. There's a site based somewhere in asia that actually sells them. The usual wallhacks as well. But somehow they're messing with the player damage which is supposedly tracked server-side. So I'm not sure how they're doing it.

vCash

Battlefield wasn't coded with cheats. People are writing hacks for it. There's a site based somewhere in asia that actually sells them. The usual wallhacks as well. But somehow they're messing with the player damage which is supposedly tracked server-side. So I'm not sure how they're doing it.
    Ditto - people code for CS too, but I've never seen a god-mode cheat. Not once...

Really don't understand how you could pull that off.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Ditto - people code for CS too, but I've never seen a god-mode cheat. Not once...

Really don't understand how you could pull that off.

Me neither, unless player damage is done player-side. But I have been told that it's server side. So they must be doing something that's affecting bullet trajectory.

But I've seen it. Fire 20 rounds into a guy and he doesn't die, then fires 1 at me and I'm instantly killed.

But, it's not a huge problem. They get caught fast and banned by EA.

I've rarely had more fun with a game franchise as I have with Battlefield. maybe GTA, but that would be it.

vCash

By the way, Sony announced a $100US price drop on the PS3 today. If it ends up being $100CDN then you should be able to buy them for $599 now.

PS3 $599
    360 $499
    Wii $270
    Gaming PC: Sky's the limit (I spent $1200.)

vCash

NCAA Football 07

vCash

360: Gears of War, Forza Motorsport 2..

PC: Deus Ex: Invisible War , Battlefield 2

Looking forward to. Bioshock, GTA 4, Halo 3 , Maas Effect, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Assassins Creed, Haze, Unreal Tournament 3, Rock Band, ..... Fable 2, ect.ect.ect.

Damn the 360 has the best lineup ever.

Numbers, what is your gamertag?

vCash

Burnout 3 for PS2.