Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 942

Thread: What's In The Console?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    25,752
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: What's In The Console?

    I hear Metal Gear is going to available on the 360 as well...and what's the Wii doing? I hear their big product at E3 was an exercise game...

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Metal Gear isn't coming to the 360. Well, if it is, then they aren't annoucing that at E3.

    Nintendo will have the best sales of the 3 this fall and winter. They announced release dates for Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. They also announced a light gun accessory for the Wii that looks pretty cool. They also announced another game for casuals called Wii Fit that uses a pad that looks almost like a scale to track your weight and movements. It's a fitness game. It will sell like hotcakes.

    Sony and Microsoft were pretty thin on the whole "big" announcement thing. Sony announced a new version of the PSP that's lighter and thinner, and that they get Unreal exclusively for 2007. Microsoft announced Resident Evil 5 will come to the 360, and that Gears of War will come to the PC.

    That's pretty much it. But E3 is massively scaled down now, and is more about prepping retailers for the holidays than making big splashy announcements.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    25,752
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Metal Gear isn't coming to the 360. Well, if it is, then they aren't annoucing that at E3.

    Nintendo will have the best sales of the 3 this fall and winter. They announced release dates for Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. They also announced a light gun accessory for the Wii that looks pretty cool. They also announced another game for casuals called Wii Fit that uses a pad that looks almost like a scale to track your weight and movements. It's a fitness game. It will sell like hotcakes.

    Sony and Microsoft were pretty thin on the whole "big" announcement thing. Sony announced a new version of the PSP that's lighter and thinner, and that they get Unreal exclusively for 2007. Microsoft announced Resident Evil 5 will come to the 360, and that Gears of War will come to the PC.

    That's pretty much it. But E3 is massively scaled down now, and is more about prepping retailers for the holidays than making big splashy announcements.
    Nintendo is just a bunch of garbage, that whole Wii Fit thing is the worst idea yet, no way in hell I'll every get that console. I'm even convinced that Madden sucks on the Wii, because everything good I've been told about Nintendo ends up being wrong.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    723
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numberz View Post
    I don't get all the fuss about Halo, the game sucks, and the weapons are worse. Unreal Tournament 3 should be more hyped because the game looks better.
    Halo is one of the best FPS ever made, kiddo. It blends everything perfectly and the MP is amazing. Not for everybody though. Halo has a unique art style.
    ...

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    723
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: What's In The Console?

    I'm disappointed that Microsoft had no price drop on the 360 and no new IP's. PGR 4 looks sick though.

    Sony had a decent conference this year too I guess... Nintendo is Nintendo. New Super Mario Kart sounds fun.
    ...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numberz View Post
    Nintendo is just a bunch of garbage, that whole Wii Fit thing is the worst idea yet, no way in hell I'll every get that console. I'm even convinced that Madden sucks on the Wii, because everything good I've been told about Nintendo ends up being wrong.

    I can only shake my head at fanboy-ish statements like that. Madden on the Wii was the best version, hands down. Not even close. Super Paper Mario is the best game I've played so far this year. The Wii version of The Godfather is so much better than the other versions it actually makes it into a passable game. Nintendo is "bunch of garbage"? You have no idea what you're talking about. You sound like one of those trolls on gamefaqs. Not that you are one, but it's uncanny.

    Wii Fit the worst idea yet? Really? Is that why the instant my wife saw it she said "I'm getting that!"?

    The bosses at Nintendo must think that the Wii actually prints money.

    Maybe you're too young to understand that fun doesn't always mean blood, gore, swearing and zombies. You're too young for Wii games to be cool.
    Last edited by Deathsdoorstep; 07-12-2007 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Canny spel.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Halo is one of the best FPS ever made, kiddo. It blends everything perfectly and the MP is amazing. Not for everybody though. Halo has a unique art style.
    I understand why people dig Halo, but IMHCO, FPS games should be played on a PC.

    Nonetheless, Halo 3 will be the 2nd highest selling game this year. No doubt about it.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I'm disappointed that Microsoft had no price drop on the 360 and no new IP's. PGR 4 looks sick though.

    Sony had a decent conference this year too I guess... Nintendo is Nintendo. New Super Mario Kart sounds fun.

    Even with Sony's price drop, the 360 is still $100 cheaper in the US and $50 cheaper in canada.

    Chances are that Microsoft won't drop the price of the 360 until after Halo 3 is released.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    You gonna tell me that this looks like garbage?

    http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/7...d_2053648.html
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    12,387
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Numberz...with that comment, I take it you've actually never played the Wii.


    it's an AWESOME system -- hands down the single most innovative development in console gaming since the first 8-bit systems were introduced.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    723
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: What's In The Console?

    The 16 and 32 bit systems were pretty huge too.
    ...

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Here's what IGN said after trying Metroid Prime 3 at E3:

    It plays better than any first-person console game ever... really. And it's one of Wii's best lookers, too.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,585
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    161

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    You gonna tell me that this looks like garbage?

    http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/7...d_2053648.html
    no it doesnt, but the little commerical for who wants to be a superhero looks EXTREMELY stupid.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    no it doesnt, but the little commerical for who wants to be a superhero looks EXTREMELY stupid.
    No argument from me.

    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,585
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    161

    Re: What's In The Console?

    i wonder if one could be BluntMan for that superhero thing

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    What about TactMan?
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    12,387
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    The 16 and 32 bit systems were pretty huge too.


    They were....but I don't know that they were "innovative" the way the jump from Pong and Atari to NES and the Sega Master System were.


    To me, and there are those that disagree, the 16 and 32 bit systems were simply "more muscle" on the same sort of platform design that was the 8-bit systems.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muley69 View Post
    They were....but I don't know that they were "innovative" the way the jump from Pong and Atari to NES and the Sega Master System were.


    To me, and there are those that disagree, the 16 and 32 bit systems were simply "more muscle" on the same sort of platform design that was the 8-bit systems.

    I agree with that. Sega changed things by moving data to discs from cartridges. In fact, the N64 was supposed to have a disc drive made by....drum roll......SONY! Nintendo screwed over Sony and went with cartridges again. Sony got pissed off and used the drive they'd developed and made the Playstation. The rest is history.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    One thing to remember about Sony's "price cut" is that when the PS3 launched in the US the price points were $499 and $599.

    Guess what the price points are now?

    $499 and $599.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #80
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    723
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Here's what IGN said after trying Metroid Prime 3 at E3:
    Honestly, these game sites have no influence on my buying of a game. Their opinions are just that, opinions... like the rest of us. I'll be picking up some good Wii games this holiday season for sure, between the 360 and the Wii I'll be spending a lot of money. Sony can burn.
    ...

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Honestly, these game sites have no influence on my buying of a game. Their opinions are just that, opinions... like the rest of us. I'll be picking up some good Wii games this holiday season for sure, between the 360 and the Wii I'll be spending a lot of money. Sony can burn.
    IGN is generally very good in their reviews and impressions of games. I find that between them and gamespot I can 95% of the time get an impression that lines up with my own.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    25,752
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Halo is one of the best FPS ever made, kiddo. It blends everything perfectly and the MP is amazing. Not for everybody though. Halo has a unique art style.
    Halo is garbage. The guns are pretty much useless, the ones that actually do damage have projectiles that move like snails, and the multi-player is filled with little kids that bitch and whine and complain. The story is cheesy, the graphics aren't that good, and overall, I just can't get into the game. It's not fun...

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Gamespot had the guys from Bioware Edmonton on at E3 for a demo of Mass Effect.

    Check it bleed:

    http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6174...up=e32007_live
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    25,752
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post

    Maybe you're too young to understand that fun doesn't always mean blood, gore, swearing and zombies. You're too young for Wii games to be cool.
    I could turn that around and say that you're too old and find enjoyment in such simplicity and novelty. How about this, instead of pretending to play a video game where I do all the motions of bowling, I could actually go bowling. Or instead of playing a video game about exercising, I could go for a jog. And yeah, most of the games I play involve shooting, like Gears or Vegas, but I also play a lot of other games like Madden, NHL, NBA ( games which I like playing for the management and franchise aspects ).

    Wii just has a lot of novelty to it, I know a few people who bought the console and now never play it because the novelty wore off. I assume if I got I would also find a fun for a month or so, but I won't buy one unless they really step it up to utilize in a good way. Potential is there, but for now, I think it's one of the worst consoles out there.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numberz View Post
    I could turn that around and say that you're too old and find enjoyment in such simplicity and novelty. How about this, instead of pretending to play a video game where I do all the motions of bowling, I could actually go bowling. Or instead of playing a video game about exercising, I could go for a jog. And yeah, most of the games I play involve shooting, like Gears or Vegas, but I also play a lot of other games like Madden, NHL, NBA ( games which I like playing for the management and franchise aspects ).

    Wii just has a lot of novelty to it, I know a few people who bought the console and now never play it because the novelty wore off. I assume if I got I would also find a fun for a month or so, but I won't buy one unless they really step it up to utilize in a good way. Potential is there, but for now, I think it's one of the worst consoles out there.
    So you would totally hate Guitar Hero on the 360 then. You could just go play a real guitar. You could go play for the Oilers instead of playing NHL 08......but I digress...



    The Wii is a fantastic console. It's definitely not the console to get if you're into nothing but M rated games, but you called it garbage. That, it certainly is not.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    25,752
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    So you would totally hate Guitar Hero on the 360 then. You could just go play a real guitar. You could go play for the Oilers instead of playing NHL 08......but I digress...



    The Wii is a fantastic console. It's definitely not the console to get if you're into nothing but M rated games, but you called it garbage. That, it certainly is not.
    I don't play a whole lot of Guitar Hero, and if I do, it's usually because I like the songs. It combines two things I enjoy...listening to music and playing video games. As for the sports games, I stated that I like playing those games for the management and franchise aspects. I can't exactly go out and get a job as GM of a sports team that easily.

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numberz View Post
    I don't play a whole lot of Guitar Hero, and if I do, it's usually because I like the songs. It combines two things I enjoy...listening to music and playing video games. As for the sports games, I stated that I like playing those games for the management and franchise aspects. I can't exactly go out and get a job as GM of a sports team that easily.

    Well then it might be better stated that it's not your scene. But to make some blanket statement that "Nintendo just has garbage" states your opinion as fact, when it's just your personal preference in gaming. That implies that someone like me who does like it is wasting his time. I'll take issue with that every time.

    You do know that fanboys go to hell when they die, right?
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    12,387
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Madden Wii -- you actually throw the freakin' football with the Wii-mote. If that's not cool for a video game, then I don't know what is.

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muley69 View Post
    Madden Wii -- you actually throw the freakin' football with the Wii-mote. If that's not cool for a video game, then I don't know what is.
    I abso-freakin-lutely LOVE Madden on the Wii. I cannot wait for Madden 08.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    25,752
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: What's In The Console?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Well then it might be better stated that it's not your scene. But to make some blanket statement that "Nintendo just has garbage" states your opinion as fact, when it's just your personal preference in gaming. That implies that someone like me who does like it is wasting his time. I'll take issue with that every time.

    You do know that fanboys go to hell when they die, right?
    I'm no fanboy, I'm a hateboy. I see things that I hate, then I tell people how much I hate them. I've said a lot of bad things about the 360 as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •