Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND POST A PICTURE!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Photos User Bios

Alright, so I think this thread is necessary at this point in time. Diesel, FF, E4E and I have been discussing various meet & greet type situations and we think one of the problems that might arise is that we don't know each other well enough. It's always an "interesting" situation if you're going to meet people who you only know online.

So Muley69 (thanks bud) had the idea that we should get to know each other better by posting a picture. So that's what this is for. If you don't have a picture, at least give us some details about yourself. Your name? What do you do? Married? Kids? etc.

I put this in the Eskimos forum so everyone sees it. I hope to see y'all participating.

I shall start:

My name is Phil. I'm 22 and a student at Grant Macewan in the BCom transfer program. I hope to transfer to the UofA after next year. I've worked for IBM and Intuit Canada in the tech field but hated it so I decided to go back to school. Right now I'm looking for a part-time job to pay my way through school...

No girlfriend at the moment, although I'm always looking. I live in the Londonderry area with my sister and my dog Payton. I drive a '91 white daytona that used to have a killer sound system until it was jacked. Well, that's a good start. NEXT!

Oh, and here's a really bad picture. This was taken in Brazil, my brother is on the left and I'm on the right. We were on top of the roof of a boat and it was freaking HOT!
    Last edited by MEEZY; 06-16-2004 at 12:45 AM.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash
    Blog Entries
    your pic has disappeared.........
    Should work now...I hope.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash
    Diesel, 33, never and no, Sports nut in both watching and playing and have been fortunate enough to have known several local atheletes and sport releated celebs over the years. Played a small role in bringing Mobes back to Edm and never recieved a dime for it! {:^>
    Last edited by Diesel; 03-31-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    BTW my friend beside me, she's over 6"2 :Flip_ani:
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    I'm 38. I've been married to my lovely wife for almost 11 years. We have two wonderful daughters into dance, ball and soccer.
    I'm a member of Edmonton's news media and live in the west end.
    I've been a fan of the Green & Gold ever since I can remember. Love this site, it's great to connect with other Eskimo die-hards!

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash
    News media????? that perks some interest........elaborate only if you feel comfortable.....
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash
    Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa, moved to Regina in '89 (what a year!). Moving to your humble city in a few month and will be holding fort on Whyte Ave.

vCash

News media????? that perks some interest........elaborate only if you feel comfortable.....
    As you've no doubt noticed, I was intentionally vague! Not quite comfortable with being too specific. Have to maintain the illusion of objectivity.....even though it gives me a real warm feeling inside reading Eskimo scores after big wins!
    Let's just say it's on the electronic side of things....not print.

vCash
    I suspect I may have tipped a few beers with you at GC 97? Happen to remember a certain drunk friend of mine who thought a certain drunk Kimberly Caroll was a working girl? (She was dressed like one BTW)
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    so you are a fairly big gronk.
    I earned my nickname. :menacegr:
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    Hey everyone,

My name's Andrea, and besides being an avid Esks Fan, I work as a private tutor. I absolutely love my job; I make my own hours, I work out of my own home, and hell, I can sleep in until noon (or later)! :azzangel:

There are some disadvantages to my job as well, such as enduring alternating crazy times (like right now) and quiet spells. I have a teaching certificate, but I much prefer to work one-on-one with students; it's much more satisfying to build that personal rapport with people rather than teaching to a mass of uncooperative students.

Besides tutoring, I also work as an editor through the University, and in my spare time (what little of it exists), I write short stories and poems. I'm hoping to one day get something published.... :blackey:

Oh, and one more thing. I'm not from Edmonton; actually, I reside in London, Ontario. So why am I an Esks and Oil fan? Well, my mom's side of the family came from Edmonton, so I grew up watching those teams. Last summer, I met a bunch of the Esks players (including Mobes; I'm not sure if he remembers though) in Burlington, where my parents live. In case some of you on here haven't met any of the guys, I can assure you that they're all awesome!

Edit: Here's my pic...finally!
    Last edited by MEEZY; 06-23-2004 at 10:41 PM.
    "The longer that I'm married, the more I realize that the wife is right" - Angelus, July 24, 2010

vCash
    I suspect I may have tipped a few beers with you at GC 97? Happen to remember a certain drunk friend of mine who thought a certain drunk Kimberly Caroll was a working girl? (She was dressed like one BTW)
    She was somewhat mezmerizing wasn't she? Hard to pay attention to what she was actually saying on air. But no, I'm pretty sure we've never crossed paths and that was not me tipping beers with you at GC '97.

vCash
    She was somewhat mezmerizing wasn't she? Hard to pay attention to what she was actually saying on air.
    She had a head?????
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    Thought you might have been another self confessed Esk fan who works in the electronic media. (not Hallsy)
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    well here's a picture of me and a few friends with a cup and i should have more picts. like this after the season. I'm #27
    "to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishman
    okay........now that I'm at home I can post the only pic I have of myself on my comp, it was taken a few years back when I got married, it is likely the best pic I have of myself as well......

Thank you, thank you, Fishman.

The ONLY picture of me that i currently have on this comp is my wedding photo's. Here is one of me, and likely the best one I've had taken in a LONG time. (Hope the wife doesn't mind me posting her face on this site either...) I was worried about how dumb it would look to post a wedding photo on a CFL website...but since you've broken the mold, I feel that it's okay if I do the same.

Name is Dave, I'm 25 (as on last Wednesday) and currently live in the downtown area of town, near the Molson Canadian Brewery by no coincidence. Went to the U of A and earned a specialized degree in Math and Economics and have stayed ever since.

I work in the pensions industy, and I do have a story about my job as it relates to the CFL. One day Allen Pitts phoned our office with a question about his CFL pension...and this was right around the time that Flutie was about to break his yardage record and the Stamps were trying to fly in Pitts to "hand off the torch" as it were. (You may remember that Allen declined).

Regretably, I wasn't the one that had the conversation with him...

Super Moderator

vCash
    So you went through with it after all eh Dave? Well congrats man.....
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash
    Thought you might have been another self confessed Esk fan who works in the electronic media. (not Hallsy)
    Now I'M curious. If you were hanging with Kimberly you were probably with the A-Channel crowd. Who was working in sports then? Were the initials S.M.? Or was it someone in news?

Super Moderator

vCash
    lets ee now.......electric media.....westend.....hmmmmm......you must therefore work at or in the cfrn building (I'm just guessing here tojo...)

vCash
    I didn't say I worked in the west end..... :heh_heh:

vCash
    Now I'M curious. If you were hanging with Kimberly you were probably with the A-Channel crowd. Who was working in sports then? Were the initials S.M.? Or was it someone in news?
    No actually it was with someone at Global. Got drunk with Shannon Tyler once but that's a whole other story....
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    So you've got a thing for former A-Channel entertainment reporters huh?!

vCash
    Right place, right time.
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojo
    I didn't say I worked in the west end..... :heh_heh:
    true.....but I take it as somewhat implied....as most people try to live as close as possible to work, and there happens to be a media outlet nearby.....am I warm?

vCash
    Tojo wrote:
    I didn't say I worked in the west end.....
    true.....but I take it as somewhat implied....as most people try to live as close as possible to work, and there happens to be a media outlet nearby.....am I warm?
    Maybe, maybe not. :menacegr:

vCash
    What's up?

I'm Sundeep.........

Go to the U of A.....likely heading toward a BCom

Been n Oilers n Esks fan since 1993.....

Here's my pic.....

vCash
    What can I tell you about myself...

I was born and raised in Edmonton (not too many can say that anymore), and have been an Eskimo fan since 1972. I fist started attending home games as a member of the old 'Woodwards Knothole' gang back in 1974 and have been hooked ever since. I got my first season tickets in 1980 and have been a regular attender since.

I played in the Edmonton Touch Football League for 12 seasons until I was forced to retire because of a knee injury. And just like a player that can't play the game anymore, I took up coaching. I coached bantam football in St. Albert for seven years (including two with Tom Higgins) before moving to the West Edmonton Raiders last year.

I also covered the Eskimos for 'The Rouge' magazine (R.I.P) from 1997 through the 2002 season. My fondest memory from that time was going to Calgary to cover the Grey Cup for the magazine and having complete media access. This meant attending the closed practices (to the public anyway), being at the Chrysler Awards and of course in the Lions locker room after they won the cup.

vCash
    Well i prefer to keep my identity to myself, i grew up outside the city, played for the Huskies for a couple of years before going on a football scholarship to Eastern Washington, stayed for two years befor realizing it was not the place for me, moved back to the huskies for a year before going to the University of Western Ontario. Signed as a free agent in the league (in the east) got hurt in camp, ended up on the practice roster for a year played the next year (severlly limated action) called it quits and finished school at the U of A and now work for the federal government in edmonton. By the way, i played Oline. Really involved in coaching football in the city.
    To be the man you need to beat the man
    -Ric Flair

vCash
    Hey gang, those of you that know me ... know me. Can't tell you my real name... matter of national security.

Been an Esk fan for longer than I can remember. In fact, I learned to throw a spiral long before I learned how to skate.

Born and raised in Edmonton. Grew up west of the museum. Went to St. FX. 2 degrees from UofA. Lived S of campus... then around Bonnie Doon.

Moved to Toronto in '95. Living out in Oakville now (Andrea... how often do you go to 'Cats or Argo games? You'll have to hook up with us when the Esks come out!) Still have my season's tix at Commonwealth - Sec X, row 30, seats 1-2... had 'em since the stadium opened. Turn them over to my nephews... the tradition continues.

Not married (long story - requires drinks). No kids - unless you count Arrow the wonder dog - and I do. Drive a Jeep Liberty... it's not an SUV, it's a Jeep. I take if off road and get scratches and stuck in the mud. I laugh at 'grocery getters'. I also have a '67 GTO convertible for when I want to show the tuners what real horsepower means... besides... none of them will ever beat my record for bikini clad girls sitting on the back of the back seat!

I'm a PR dude... been doing that for over 10 years now. Actually, I do that as a freelancer now... get to set my own hours and vacations... can work out of client offices or home... but when I'm not working, I'm not making $$.

Other than off-roading, you can find me canoeing, hiking or inventing drinks. I'm a rabid skier (learned at Sunshine), into scuba and have joined a sailing crew. I love all things CFL (except the Thtampth) - infact my lawyer is an ex-player!

First photo is of True42, Eskinator, Ellis14 and me from last year - the 'power outage game'... I'm the one in the subtle Eskie shirt... I'm rather shy and reserved! Other photo is me and the one and only DRK from a few years back.

In closing a prediction...
    GC '04... Esks vs Argos... EE takes it.
    'nuff said.
    Turf Toe:
    - "...turf toe is a common malady that is more of a nuisance than a serious injury."
    - "Turf toe can often progress into a chronic problem..."
    - "A mild instance of turf toe (grade 1) can be merely aggravating while a serious case (grade 3) can be debilitating."

vCash
    Hey, Turf Toe, it's nice to see another Esks Fan in Ontario! :Flip_ani:

(Andrea... how often do you go to 'Cats or Argo games? You'll have to hook up with us when the Esks come out!)
    Last year I went to the Cats-Esks game in Hamilton, but I'm not sure which games I'm going to this year yet. That all depends on work and family commitments, but I'll keep you posted.
    "The longer that I'm married, the more I realize that the wife is right" - Angelus, July 24, 2010