Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND POST A PICTURE!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND POST A PICTURE!

I'd be up for that.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frito's Fan
    Hey everyone,

My name's Andrea, and besides being an avid Esks Fan, I work as a private tutor. I absolutely love my job; I make my own hours, I work out of my own home, and hell, I can sleep in until noon (or later)! :azzangel:

There are some disadvantages to my job as well, such as enduring alternating crazy times (like right now) and quiet spells. I have a teaching certificate, but I much prefer to work one-on-one with students; it's much more satisfying to build that personal rapport with people rather than teaching to a mass of uncooperative students.

Besides tutoring, I also work as an editor through the University, and in my spare time (what little of it exists), I write short stories and poems. I'm hoping to one day get something published.... :blackey:

Oh, and one more thing. I'm not from Edmonton; actually, I reside in London, Ontario. So why am I an Esks and Oil fan? Well, my mom's side of the family came from Edmonton, so I grew up watching those teams. Last summer, I met a bunch of the Esks players (including Mobes; I'm not sure if he remembers though) in Burlington, where my parents live. In case some of you on here haven't met any of the guys, I can assure you that they're all awesome!

That's cool. do you know sign Language?
    Who am I? I'm indecision. I'm everything. I'm nothing. And I may even be both.

vCash

Thanks for all the pics, guys.

vCash

Garry:

No, I don't know sign language.
    "The longer that I'm married, the more I realize that the wife is right" - Angelus, July 24, 2010

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frito's Fan
    Garry:

No, I don't know sign language.
    Ok. Thought that maybe. Being in london and all. Lord knows those kids need tutoring, since that school system is nothing but a glorified day care service.
    Wish I could have afforded a tutur for my son.

vCash

Are you from London, Garry?

BTW, you're right about the Educational System here; I discovered in Teacher's College that a third of every class was badly behind. I didn't enjoy my practicums at all, and seeing the vast need for remediation, decided to start my own tutoring business instead of teaching.
    "The longer that I'm married, the more I realize that the wife is right" - Angelus, July 24, 2010

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Frito's Fan, finally!...............
    about time fraidy-cat......
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

yep saw it eariler... wasn't hidden too well.. I didn't think of bringing it out into the open like you did fishy... props man

vCash

Yeah, I eventually caved in to peer pressure

But I wasn't trying to hide it...if I really wanted to hide it, I would have done a much better job!

vCash

we prolly would have still found it

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreyCupGarry
    Thanks for all the pics, guys.
    And I can just imagine what you're gonna do with them too...

Since I'm here might as well say Hi all, nice site Angelus.

I'm sure the vast majority of you already know me, and probably regret it but for those who don't here is what you'll see should you ever make it down to TO for a game sometime.
    "ArgoDave is God!!" - Jedrock43

Super Moderator

vCash

Your conspiracy theories are welcome here Dave........well some of them.......
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fishman
    Your conspiracy theories are welcome here Dave........well some of them.......
    If your team pulled 200 yards in flags wouldn't you think something was kinda fishy?
    "ArgoDave is God!!" - Jedrock43

Super Moderator

vCash

have you seen our stats regarding penalties the last 2 years?.......

Man, the good times while being 18. I can finally work, make money, and get seasons tickets to the Esks and Oil. Well maybe not the Oil for a few years. Anyways I just graduated from HS in Westlock and am taking forest technologies at Northern Lakes. My family is huge, 9 people, 2 brothers and 4 sisters. My grandparents own Daisy Dollhouse, you might of seen it at Capilano or Northgate in the winter. Living in Flatbush is somewhat secluded but we have been going to Esks games for over 10 years. I can still remember the Labour Day rematch games at Commenwealth sitting in the old knothole gang section. I remember David Archer and his spear at some guy, after which sent them both over the table. A few years back me, my brother and a few of his friends went to a game where Pepsi was introducing Pepsi Blue. By the end of the game the 4 of us left the game with about 5 2L bottles each of the stuff and we had to walk about a km to the van because we were to cheap to pay for parking. Anyways that stuff was the best and I can't understand why somebody would not like Pepsi Blue. I was also at the Giz's retirement game where they unveiled his plaque on the wall of fame. Like I said ealier i am also a rabid Oilers fan. I look forward to many years of CFL football to go along with many GC's. See ya all at Commenwealth.
    Last edited by HD~Silverado; 07-02-2004 at 02:53 PM. Reason: quick fix, add a pic

vCash
    Blog Entries

Do you at least have pics of the car you can post?

I'd love to have a Celica...
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight
    Yes Angelus I am going to post some pics of the Celica if I can dig them up.. I am pretty sure I took a couple a while ago after I got some new parts put on, not 100% sure though.

Either way I will either find those pictures somewhere in my messy drawer, or take some brand new ones in the daylight just for you.
    Thank you.

A buddy of mine has a 2001 Celica. Silver though. He was nice enough to let me drive it...

If only I wasn't a poor struggling student...

vCash

I'm like the only one who hasn't posted on this thread.

No yer not I still havent'.. but I started a post similar to this a long time ago.. just haven't but time into posting my short bio in here

My name is Danny, as you can tell I'm a Stampeder fan. Now, hold your boos for a second, because I'm just here to post and have fun. Besides, I probably won't be around that much. You will probably notice me talking trash, best idea would be to ignore me. Thats about all, g'day and Go Stamps Go!

vCash

Well I'm Stamphater (aka. drew, andy, droodles, hockey bum, chalupa, caribou, or any other stupid nicknames you wanna come up with.)

I live in a small town near Calgary and have Stampeder season tickets. I am 19 and gonna go to SAIT next year and go into journalism. I work part-time in a Liquor store, which needless to say is sweet! I love the Guitar and play it all the time. I still have yet to meet anyone here yet, hopefully that changes sometime down the line.

No GF right now, and I drive a Corolla. I'm not sure how to get a picture on here, perhaps someone can help me? Thats about all their is to know about me. Oh yeah, I have a really crappy computer that takes 10 minutes to get one take down.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Well I am still pretty much a computer dummy, so I still don't know how to post a picture here, but here are a few things about me.

My name is Jamie. I am 34 and have lived in Edmonton most of my life. I work as a professional basketball and sailing instructor, which means 1/3 of the time I am all over western Canada and the States, the other 2/3 I am at home with my beautiful wife and 4 month old son.

I appreciate having this opportunity to go on about the CFL with you guys because I love to analyse and theorize things to death sometimes (must be the coach in me), and my family and friends just won't put up with that as much as I would like.

I would certainly be up for any future get togethers, schedule permitting.

vCash

Newbie Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND POST A PICTURE!

Hey..... first time here or any forum, but am suddenly interested...

Big confession....... I've never been to a game......... I have watched a couple, and I plan to attend my first game in a couple of weeks, but how did I get here...... ???

I have noticed a couple of the players who live in my building and have had opportunity to say hi from time to time, and thought it might be cool to get to know the team and sport better.

So...... be gentle...... it's my first time....

Jedrock43 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy

Big confession....... I've never been to a game......... I have watched a couple, and I plan to attend my first game in a couple of weeks, but how did I get here...... ???

I have noticed a couple of the players who live in my building and have had opportunity to say hi from time to time, and thought it might be cool to get to know the team and sport better.

Welcome.

It is good to have you!!!

We'll go slow.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Diesel.

I believe he's the one on the right...
    Attached Images1untitled6.jpg (88.1 KB, 34 views)

I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash

It'll only hurt for a little bit.......but if you keep going it'll get to the point where you love it..... .......We'll be extra gentle

vCash

Slow is good......... but don't get me started... (didn't I just agee to a disclaimer?!?)

So what now? Where are all the Esks info-holders?

vCash

I'll get the hang of it......

vCash

Welcome to the board Juicy

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever
    Welcome to the board Juicy
    Thanks, E!

Hello Everyone.

I come by way of the CFRN article I saw.

My name is Arthur, I'll answer to almost anything as long as it's not foul. Well, actually I'll answer to most of that too.

I'm 32, I work with computers... networks and the internet mainly. I live East of Edmonton most of the time and on the West end some of the time. I've been going to games since I can remember. My dad has had seasons tickets forever. I now have my own set and haven't missed a one. Funny how when it rains, you find out who's really a fan though

I drive a wanna-be 4x4 for work, but when it's time to get muddy it's the "Fordx4"... my 1979 Ford F150 with a 460 etc. etc. It's a wreck, but it has never left me stranded, and loves to be abused. On weekends you might find me cruising whyte or jasper in my '72 mustang. (not bad for a Geek Hey) I obviously like my vehicles, have skated since I could walk and will do pretty much anything outdoors... camping, water skiing, snowboarding... whatever. SCUBA and skydiving are next on my list.

That's it for now.