Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Intrest Story Thread

vCash

Science Human Intrest Story Thread

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...s/octopus_love

SAN FRANCISCO - Marine biologists studying wild octopuses have found a kinky and violent society of jealous murders, gender subtrefuge and once-in-a-lifetime sex.

The new study by researchers from the University of California, Berkeley, who journeyed off the coast of Indonesia found that wild octopuses are far from the shy, unromantic loners their captive brethren appear to be.

vCash

Cars Toyota denies report government funded Prius development

http://www.reportonbusiness.com/serv.../Business/home

TOKYO — Toyota Motor Corp. on Wednesday denied it had received any funding from the Japanese government to develop its hit Prius gas-electric hybrid car.

Japan's top auto maker rejected a March 24 Business Week report that quoted Jim Press, vice-chairman and president of Chrysler LLC and a former board member at Toyota, as saying, “The Japanese government paid for 100 per cent of the development of the battery and hybrid system that went into the Toyota Prius.”

Mr. Press worked for 37 years at Toyota, including the years of research for the Prius, which went on sale 10 years ago. He left Toyota for Chrysler last September.

vCash

Re: Octopuses are the kinky creatures of the sea, researchers find

Having studied Animal Behaviour and doing my Master of Science degree on Reproductive Biology... this comes as no surprise to me. In fact, it's downright humdrum compared to some of the crazy things that go on. Oh the things I could tell you about Rhinos, Barnacles, Bedbugs, Spiders, Seahorses, etc, etc, etc.
    Turf Toe:
    - "...turf toe is a common malady that is more of a nuisance than a serious injury."
    - "Turf toe can often progress into a chronic problem..."
    - "A mild instance of turf toe (grade 1) can be merely aggravating while a serious case (grade 3) can be debilitating."

vCash

Re: Toyota denies report government funded Prius development

I think it would be good if governments helped develop more fuel efficient vehicles that are environmentally friendly.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TurfToe View Post
    Having studied Animal Behaviour and doing my Master of Science degree on Reproductive Biology... this comes as no surprise to me. In fact, it's downright humdrum compared to some of the crazy things that go on. Oh the things I could tell you about Rhinos, Barnacles, Bedbugs, Spiders, Seahorses, etc, etc, etc.
    What I'd like to know is how whales mate....it seems like it would be a very complicated process.

vCash

Not nearly as complicated as you think. It's quite uneventful to be honest.
    Turf Toe:
    - "...turf toe is a common malady that is more of a nuisance than a serious injury."
    - "A mild instance of turf toe (grade 1) can be merely aggravating while a serious case (grade 3) can be debilitating."

vCash

TT is a perv.

Rayminator is offline Not caring about being on ignore lists since....forever
    vCash
    Blog Entries

Humor This has got to be a record...

Seeing as how this is now officially my blog.......might as well take advantage of it:

Man divorces 2 wives in 3 minutes...

Man divorces two wives in three minutesFrom correspondents in Kuala Lumpur
    April 02, 2008 02:52pm
    Article from: Agence France-PresseFont size: + -
    Send this article: Print Email
    A MALAYSIAN man has divorced his two wives in three minutes, saying they had collectively decided to end their marriages to him.

Roslan Ngah divorced his wives yesterday, in an Islamic court in conservative northern Terengganu state by repeatedly saying "talaq'', which under Islamic law means a couple is divorced, The New Straits Times reported.

The 44-year old businessman told the daily that his wives, a housewife and a nurse who lived in the same house, had both wanted to divorce him.

''(My first and second wives) are like good friends but I never imagined that both of them had collectively decided to divorce me,'' he said.

"I admit that my relationship with them had been strained over the past few months but I never expected our marriages to end in this manner.''

Mr Roslan married his first wife in 1986 and his second in 1995. He married a third time in 2001 but divorced shortly afterwards.

Asked if he would marry again, Mr Roslan, who has a total of eight children with all three women, said: "I will not put off marriage indefinitely, God willing.''

Earlier, local reporters had dismissed reports of the impending divorce as an April Fool's Day hoax but realised it was real when they turned up at the courtroom.

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Last edited by Opus; 04-02-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

The sex ones are okay... Was impressed that they got the bedbug one. The evolutionary story is even more amazing. Classic case of sexual co-evolution. There's a lot of other good stuff...
    - Certain species of Barnacle have a penis 40x their body length. (no need to ask dad for the car keys when your johnson can go down the street to visit little Suzy!)
    - When a male Rhino mounts his mate he gets all 4 feet off the ground and then balances on his mate's back.
    - The Elephant is one of the very few land mammals to have a musculated penis. Once he mounts there' no 'thrusting action' as his tallywhacker basically surges to and fro on its own.
    - many mammals have a bone in the penis (os penis)... in Walruses this is the size and shape of a large axe handle.
    - many types of grasshopper plug the female's genital opening after mating so that no other male can get in there.
    - And then there is the 'incredibly complex, species specific lock and key mechanism in spiders.
    - Seahorse males are impregnated by the female. She insterts her 'intromittent organ' into the male and deposits eggs into a special pouch where he fertilizes them and carries them until they hatch.

oh and by the way... Black Widows do NOT eat their mates.
    Last edited by TurfToe; 04-02-2008 at 12:02 PM.
    Turf Toe:

Rayminator is offline Not caring about being on ignore lists since....forever
    vCash
    Blog Entries

Weird Flying Spaghetti Monster lands outside court

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...-spaghett.html

Flying Spaghetti Monster Lands Outside Tennessee Courthouse
    By Jenna Wortham April 01, 2008 | 6:59:39 PMCategories: Architecture, Art, Design, Meme, Religion

A sculpture of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the goofball deity cooked up to protest a Kansas legal battle over evolution, went on display outside a courthouse in Cumberland County, Tennessee, late last month.

Ariel and David Safdie created the sculpture, which depicts the taste-tempting god worshiped by adherents of the "Pastafarian" parody religion practiced by the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

A statement from the installment ceremony helps explain the Flying Spaghetti Monster's place in the grand debate about religion, evolution, free speech and noodle dishes:

"We are lucky enough to live in a country that allows us, its citizens, the freedom of speech. I have chosen to put up a statue of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to represent the discourse between people of all different beliefs. The many faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds of Cumberland County's residents make our community a stronger richer place.... The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a pile of noodles and meatballs, but it is meant to open up discussion and provoke thought. Being able to put up a statue is a celebration of our freedom as Americans; a freedom to be different, to express those differences, and to do it amongst neighbors -- even if it is in a noodley way."

The artists' interpretation of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sits alongside an Iraq war memorial, chainsaw-carved monkeys and a sculpture of Jesus carrying a cross, according to the Crossville Chronicle.

vCash

Re: Flying Spaghetti Monster lands outside court

I've said it once, I'll say it again... WWFSMD?

(What Would Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?)

Last edited by TurfToe; 04-02-2008 at 12:21 PM.
    Turf Toe:

vCash

I have a feeling they would look like this DoctorWho monster from 1971s the claws of axos

vCash

A good creature, but not what we 'pastafarians' know as the FSM.

Welcome to the Curch of the FSM!
    Turf Toe:

vCash

If they want to really scare people with food they should just show a photo of a McRib.

Inquiring Mind is offline We're looking for dick to floor. Let's call that D2F

2009 & 2014 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If they want to really scare people with food they should just show a photo of a McRib.
    Or tell them what's actually in one...
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The FSM does not 'scare'. However, the FSM can mete out carb-laced justice!
    Turf Toe:

Inquiring Mind is offline We're looking for dick to floor. Let's call that D2F

2009 & 2014 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TurfToe View Post
    The FSM does not 'scare'. However, the FSM can mete out carb-laced justice!
    Don't forget the good stuff... like heaven beer volcano's and stripper factories! Actually, Hell has those things too, except the beer is stale and the strippers have VD... so it's kinda like Calgary!

I do recall some things from my brief experimentation with being a Pastafarian
    Last edited by Inquiring Mind; 04-02-2008 at 01:43 PM.
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash

Serious The King of Dodge AKA The Warrior

http://www.kingofdodge.com/
    The Warriors name is Howard Kinsel.

Pictures of him aswell.

Super Moderator

vCash

Re: The King of Dodge AKA The Warrior

He misspelled Dodge........

It's supposed to read D-O-U-C-H-E......
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

I think you have a hard time reading the name as it pulls away from you.....
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    I think you have a hard time reading the name as it pulls away from you.....

actually I am terrible reading things backwards......

However, it was more in regards to the warrior being the king of the douches....

vCash

actually I am terrible reading things backwards......
    Then that's deserving of an eye exam as I have no idea how you got that from Chevrolet?
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Link The " Make Work for Mods" Thread

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...craft_brewers/

DES MOINES, Iowa—A shortage of a key ingredient in beer has shown that even business competitors can come together over a cold one now and then.

more stories like thisThat happened last week when the nation's largest craft brewery, Boston Beer Co., the maker of the Samuel Adams brand, agreed to share 20,000 pounds of its hops with craft brewers throughout the country, including two in Iowa.

An extended worldwide shortage of hops has left smaller brewers unable to buy the important perennial flower that adds some of the bitterness and aroma to beer.

vCash

Stupid The " Make Work for Mods" Thread

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...oman_bites_dog

MINNEAPOLIS - Best not to tangle with Amy Rice.

The Minneapolis woman is the kind of person capable of biting back - even if her opponent is a pit bull.

Rice says she bit a pit bull on its nose Friday after the dog jumped a fence around her backyard and attacked her Labrador retriever, Ella.

After trying and failing to pry the dog's jaws open, Rice says chomped down on the pit bull's nose to force it to release Ella.

She drew blood and her doctor will have to determine whether she should get shots for rabies. The pit bull has been quarantined.

Ella is recovering with staples and stitches to her head and a crushed ear canal.
    Last edited by Diesel; 04-03-2008 at 10:01 AM.

vCash

Stupid The "Make Work for Mods by Posting Frivolous Threads" Thread

A place for those who have no access to the news of the world, whatsoever.....
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Re: The " Make Work for Mods" Thread

[RANT MODE ON] Look, yesterday I took the time to go through this forum and deleted ONE HUNDRED AND NINE threads that the mods have categorized as frivolous, meaning anyone with a MSN homepage etc can view. Funny enough, those ONE HUNDRED AND NINE threads were started by less than a handfull of posters. We have asked nicely to excersise some common sense in posting threads that of ore low to moderate intrest, yet this morning we see a half dozen such threads and after getting PM complaints on this very subject, it's time to be a little more serious here.

If you want to post casual human interest stories, do it in here. Otherwise if we see excess repeated posts they will be considered spam and 'spammers' will be dealt with by the normal means. [RANT MODE OFF/]
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Police say man stole guitar from store in Maine by putting it down his pants
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...uitar_in_pants

By The Associated Press

ADVERTISEMENT

LEWISTON, Maine - Police in Lewiston, Maine, say a man stole an electric guitar from a music store by shoving it down his pants and walking out.

Police say the theft occurred last week and they're actually looking for three men. One of the men shoved a Fender Stratocaster in his pants and pulled a sweatshirt over the top.

The other two acted as lookouts.

All three can be seen on footage from video surveillance.

Strangely enough, the music shop has seen this method before - a man did the same thing in 2006 but was caught as he tried to walk out.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    [RANT MODE ON] Look, yesterday I took the time to go through this forum and deleted ONE HUNDRED AND NINE threads that the mods have categorized as frivolous, meaning anyone with a MSN homepage etc can view. Funny enough, those ONE HUNDRED AND NINE threads were started by less than a handfull of posters. We have asked nicely to excersise some common sense in posting threads that of ore low to moderate intrest, yet this morning we see a half dozen such threads and after getting PM complaints on this very subject, it's time to be a little more serious here.

If you want to post casual human interest stories, do it in here. Otherwise if we see excess repeated posts they will be considered spam and 'spammers' will be dealt with by the normal means. [RANT MODE OFF/]
    Thank GOD. I'm so tired of the university sports threads.

***ducks and runs***

I officially retract my vote for DDS as Prime Minister. He's clearly incompetent.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Nuke View Post
    Thank GOD. I'm so tired of the university sports threads.

***ducks and runs***

Shaddap ...the CIS Hockey Championship thread had SIXTY posts.
    Last edited by gizmo fan 2; 04-04-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...