View Poll Results: How did you find esksfans (select all applicable)

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google or other browser search

15 16.13%
  • Link from another site

11 11.83%
  • Word of mouth

11 11.83%
  • Heard about it when I was at another site

28 30.11%
  • Heard about it on CFRN news

4 4.30%
  • I can't bloody well remember, just lucky I guess

12 12.90%
  • Other, Please Post

15 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How did you find esksfans?

vCash

Re: How did you find esksfans?

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Welcome to the site, TFH. There are several of us here on Vancouver Island, and we try and get together to watch football and talk the CFL whenever we can. Look forward to seeing you participate in various discussions here!
    Yup, there is a loyal following of Eskimo fans right here on the Island! Welcome aboard tinfoilhat!
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Thanks for the welcomes. @56Parkies, You'll have to let me know where the Island Esk fans get together. I'd be all over that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TinFoilHat View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes. @56Parkies, You'll have to let me know where the Island Esk fans get together. I'd be all over that.
    Mostly at Parkies place... he cooks meatballs for us.

Been known to also meet up at the Podium Sports Bar on Yates Street in Victoria... and of course, BC Place from time to time to catch the Esks road games.
    Life is Good.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TinFoilHat View Post
    Hello all, heard about the site for a while, in particular about the time when ET got hired and the controversy started. I'm sure that was an interesting time but I didn't check it out as my dissillusionment with the team was already well underway. DM's tenure and the massive fail that was the Tsoumpas trade caused me to lose a lot of interest in the team. It just got worse with the ET hire. Then I moved to Vancouver Island about 4 years ago (I hate all things Lions) and distance seemed to make it easier to ignore the team and the circus surrounding it (can't seem to do that with the Oilers though - mores the pity). I could never quite sever the ties but I found most times I couldn't watch more than a quarter before switching the channel in disgust.

With the firing of KR I got curious about the next HC and started to lurk a little here. I'm a fan of the new HC. The CJ hire has me believing that he can to re-invigorate this team. I won't be drinking the coolaid just yet but I have hope. I am actually looking forward to Eskimo news, the expansion draft, the college draft and training camp and I figured I could get a fix here.

I'll try to keep things shorter from here on in.
    Welcome. You have a couple of the best Esk fans there are in Parkies and GWN living close to you. Keep the posts coming.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Mostly at Parkies place... he cooks meatballs for us.
    He IS a meatball... Just kidding little buddy!
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

My story is I was riding my bike home from work listening to Stauffer on Total Sports on 1260. That was the day he acknowledged Diesels thread ripping Stauffer a new one over his lack of Eskimo coverage. Decided I best check this place out!

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

To be fair, it was Bum Stuffer ripping eskimo fans on a vancouver radio show, that made me call him out here for his cheap shot hit and run on eskimo fans. And I'd do it again..
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    To be fair, it was Bum Stuffer ripping eskimo fans on a vancouver radio show, that made me call him out here for his cheap shot hit and run on eskimo fans. And I'd do it again..
    One of the funniest bits on radio when Big George told the 1260 listeners what Bob's nickname was.
    When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    My story is I was riding my bike home from work listening to Stauffer on Total Sports on 1260. That was the day he acknowledged Diesels thread ripping Stauffer a new one over his lack of Eskimo coverage. Decided I best check this place out!
    Lack of anything other that Oiler coverage has made me hate the Oilers
    #PizStrong