Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1355

Thread: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

vCash

Re: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

I don't steal movies or TV.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I did the 7 day trial on Disney+. I think at $7.50/mth (for the annual package), it is a tremendous deal for families with young kids. Myself, I found I didn't watch as much as I thought I would for that first week, so I cancelled before the trial ended. I think having just gone through a recent round of watching all the Marvel movies again may have contributed. It will be interesting to see what sort of reaction the public gives the Marvel based series they plan on launching in 2020.

I do love how Disney includes a lot of the bonus features with their movies. I love watching that stuff on my blu-rays, so I hope Netflix picks up on that and starts including things like that as well.
    I'll likely subscribe at some point, but only after they've upped their original content. All the Marvel TV series interest me, but a lot of those won't even premier until 2021. Between MCU, Star Wars, and Pixar, I already own almost all of that catalog on DVD, Blu-ray, or both (heck, I've still got my VHS copies of the original trilogy, just don't have a VCR to play them on anymore ), so it's hard to justify subscribing right now. Doesn't help that Disney has had massive security issues and thousands of accounts have been hacked and are on sale on the dark web. In the meantime, yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

Totally agree about the bonus features, though. I still buy movies on Blu-ray, partly for that, and partly for the fact that I don't trust that streaming services will keep their content around for when I want to watch something another time. I got half way through a few TV series on Netflix, and then they stopped paying for the rights and I got left hanging.

vCash

Anyone watch The Irishman? Why all the hype?

What a snooze fest. Not very interesting, especially when held up to a great movie like Goodfellas.

The only thing that kept my interest was the star studded cast. But even then they didn't deliver. Pacino came across as Al Pacino, not Jimma Hoffa. Only one making a stretch was Peci who played it cool all the time instead of his usual **** house crazy antics. I felt like he was neutered.

I think I even fell asleep at one point.

I would never watch this mock Irish pile of crap again. I've watched Goodfellas probably a dozen times or more.

The end.

vCash

If you like the crime genre, in addition to all the awesome British crime/ murder mystery shows, Netflix also has the Criminal series. There are 4 of them - UK, Germany, France, Spain - 3 40-min episodes each. The focus is the interrogation, but there are common threads not related to the investigations that run through the 3 episodes. They are really well done.

vCash

Now that The Mandalorian is almost finished it's first season, I'm going to back track on highly recommending it. The first three episodes were really well done and showed a lot of promise. Unfortunately, it fell flat after that, and the following episodes feel like filler that don't advance am overall story arc, if you miss an episode you aren't missing anything.

The Bill Burr episode in particular was awful. The acting was terrible, the characters cliche, and the story...well, what story? This felt like a bad throwaway Buffy the Vampire episode (don't get me wrong, I loved Buffy, but this felt like a bad version of a show from that era).

I'm not going to say don't watch it, again the first three episodes were really good. Just don't go out of your way to watch it, it's a time killer, nothing more.

Watchmen, on the other hand, is worth keeping your Crave/HBO subscription going. Excellent show, and got better with each episode through to the end.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post

What a snooze fest. Not very interesting, especially when held up to a great movie like Goodfellas.

The only thing that kept my interest was the star studded cast. But even then they didn't deliver. Pacino came across as Al Pacino, not Jimma Hoffa. Only one making a stretch was Peci who played it cool all the time instead of his usual **** house crazy antics. I felt like he was neutered.

I would never watch this mock Irish pile of crap again. I've watched Goodfellas probably a dozen times or more.

The end.
    I actually really liked it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    Now that The Mandalorian is almost finished it's first season, I'm going to back track on highly recommending it. The first three episodes were really well done and showed a lot of promise. Unfortunately, it fell flat after that, and the following episodes feel like filler that don't advance am overall story arc, if you miss an episode you aren't missing anything.

The Bill Burr episode in particular was awful. The acting was terrible, the characters cliche, and the story...well, what story? This felt like a bad throwaway Buffy the Vampire episode (don't get me wrong, I loved Buffy, but this felt like a bad version of a show from that era).

I'm not going to say don't watch it, again the first three episodes were really good. Just don't go out of your way to watch it, it's a time killer, nothing more.

Watchmen, on the other hand, is worth keeping your Crave/HBO subscription going. Excellent show, and got better with each episode through to the end.
    Agreed. 4-6 did nothing to forward plot, but I think episode 7 was decent again and moving us to a conclusion for season 1. Basically, cut this down to a 2.5 hour movie and you’ve got a pretty decent Star Wars movie.

vCash

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

but I think episode 7 was decent again and moving us to a conclusion
    audacity temp mail origin
    - - - Updated - - -

but I think episode 7 was decent again and moving us to a conclusion
    Last edited by Fleurrose; 12-27-2019 at 08:51 AM.

vCash

Ricky Gervais' savaging of the Hollywood "elite" last night was a thing of beauty to watch.

vCash

Considering recent events, I thought this interview would be a good thing to post in case anyone wanted to take a look.

vCash

I dislike Chomsky with the fires of a thousand hells. But that's a discussion for a different topic.

vCash

This is a fun one to watch. Certainly reinforces the "think before you speak" mentality

vCash
    Blog Entries

Watched Dracula on Netflix this week...at an hour and a half per episode it's not something you can binge in a night. At least I couldn't. Interesting take on the tale and just enough gross/gore to keep me happy. Only thing I'm not a fan of was the "stop-motion" stuff they did. Just didn't track well with me for some reason.
    Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Watched Dracula on Netflix this week...at an hour and a half per episode it's not something you can binge in a night. At least I couldn't. Interesting take on the tale and just enough gross/gore to keep me happy. Only thing I'm not a fan of was the "stop-motion" stuff they did. Just didn't track well with me for some reason.
    It's on my "to watch" list for sure. The creators of Sherlock (Mark Gattis & Steven Moffatt) are the showrunners for this one, so my expectations are high.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Activated my free trial of Disney+ this weekend and the little man and I binged out on The Mandalorian. Now, I've never thought of Boba Fett as anything but a pathetic excuse for a bad guy that was done in by a blind guy with a stick... But this show was awesome! The 8 episodes were funnier, more emotional, better action and better story than the prequels and the latest trilogy combined... There was just enough retro stuff and easter eggs to make me happy and it wasn't bogged down with a bunch of bad CGI. Practical effects and actual people in the Stormtrooper uniforms make a huge difference. Even breaking down the Tuskan Raider's language was a nice touch.
    Stupid Jawas...filthy creatures!

vCash

The end.
    The Academy shutout the Irishman. Good.

Some say it was the industry's protest against Netflix. Yet Laura Dern won for her Netflix film.

The Irishman didn't win anything because it wasn't very good. Occam and his Gillette would agree.

vCash

I thought the Irishman was VERY good.

The Academy shutout the Irishman. Good.

Some say it was the industry's protest against Netflix. Yet Laura Dern won for her Netflix film.

The Irishman didn't win anything because it wasn't very good. Occam and his Gillette would agree.
    Granted there were a couple of movies in that catagory that I haven't seen yet, but I don't think Laura Derns performance in Marriage Story can be overlooked (even though I really disliked her character) so I thought that was the right call.

I also felt the Irishman didn't quite live up to the hype but I didn't think it was a bad movie by any means, although I wouldn't necessarily put it up against Goodfells, Taxi Driver or Raging Bull either.

Was surprised Parasite got best picture, I mean, I thought it was a great film and I really enjoyed it, I just didn't expect the award to go to a foreign language film.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Now Marriage Story is one of those movies that I can't think about seeing for the simple reason that I refuse to believe that a mutt like Driver could ever get a date let alone marry a woman like ScarJo... I can believe that he was the biggest baddest guy in the galaxy with magical powers and a sword made of light before I can believe fantasy world Marriage Story is trying to put out.

vCash

Now Marriage Story is one of those movies that I can't think about seeing for the simple reason that I refuse to believe that a mutt like Driver could ever get a date let alone marry a woman like ScarJo... I can believe that he was the biggest baddest guy in the galaxy with magical powers and a sword made of light before I can believe fantasy world Marriage Story is trying to put out.
    this.... 10000% this.

Then again...

if Pete Davidson who looks he's dying can get all them girls.. perhaps Driver can.....

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    this.... 10000% this.

Then again...

if Pete Davidson who looks he's dying can get all them girls.. perhaps Driver can.....
    Don't even get me started on that guy... How the hell did he get my Kate B???

Well he’s no Colin Jost from SNL’s weekend update...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I thought the Irishman was VERY good.
    pfffft

The Irishman couldn't hold 1917's milk filled canteen.

vCash

Don't even get me started on that guy... How the hell did he get my Kate B???
    Dig Bick. swap a couple letters around.

vCash

You should see it. It's a fantastic movie. And Driver knocked it out of the park.

ScarJo was meh in appearance in it. Good acting though. Really, I thought Laura Dern looked hotter. Not sure why she won supporting for the role though. I mean, it was good but Liotta and Alda were better.

vCash

The last 10 minutes or so of the most recent episode of This Is Us (S4 E15: Clouds) was very possibly the best written and most moving bit of series television I've ever watched.

While that sinks in, I'll turn in my Man Card on the way out the door.
    Last edited by GREYx14; 02-27-2020 at 01:07 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GREYx14 View Post
    The last 10 minutes or so of the most recent episode of This Is Us (S4 E15: Clouds) was very possibly the best written and most moving bit of series television I've ever watched.

While that sinks in, I'll turn in my Man Card on the way out the door.
    haha... I'm still way back on season two. Thankfully it's on Netflix so it's someone down my queue to watch (so much stuff to watch). I'll catch up eventually.

vCash

First day off in a while. Binge watched Unorthodox on Netflix.

Uh-mazing.

The story, the acting, the costumes, the sets, the YIDDISH!!

There’s also a 20-min BTS to go along with it that will make you appreciate it even more.

vCash

Ozark season 3 on Netflix was great.