Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 1,291 to 1,308 of 1308

Thread: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

vCash

Re: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

I'm just going to go over to the google and check out the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I'm just going to go over to the google and check out the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist now.

I'm not saying everyone should know the difference, and I'm always happy to explain it, but when a TV show or a movie uses the term interchangeably, it's just sloppy writing. Take a minute to research the character that you are writing about. Otherwise they just perpetuate the false concept that they are interchangeable or the same thing.

And to save you the trip to Google, a psychiatrist is an MD, a medical doctor that has specialized in the treatment of mental health. A psychologist is a PhD, either from a science or arts background. Depending on their subspecialization, either can do psychotherapy, but only the psychiatrist would be covered by Alberta Health. Being a doctor, a psychiatrist can also prescribe medication. If they have trained in that area, psychologists can also do psychological testing, such as IQ testing, personality tests, neuropsychological testing, etc.
    Last edited by nafnikufesin; 05-01-2019 at 08:58 AM.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I really liked Bonding. Thanks for the recommendation naf.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    I really liked Bonding. Thanks for the recommendation naf.
    Personally, I would have done the final episode differently, but it was a pretty fun watch overall.

In particular, she had already shown that she was experienced enough to vet clients before seeing them in their place. It was a rookie mistake, and while it's a valid issue for workers in that area and I'm glad they addressed it, it would have been more appropriate if Mistress May had this issue in an earlier episode when she was less experienced. However, if I was writing, I would have left the reconciliation between Carter and May until the end, and have Carter trying to go on his own as a Dom but then, being inexperienced, have it him who gets in trouble with not vetting a client properly, and then May come to his rescue, at which time they reconcile. That could have set up a second season where May mentors Carter in becoming a Dom. But that's just me.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Bonding was a fantastic show! I really hope they bring another couple seasons out for it. (And not just because of the copious amounts of latex in it...but that sure helps!)
    We've been watching Lucifer and just started the latest season put out by Netflix - only a couple episodes into the new season but I'm not sure if I'm digging where they're going with it. Time will tell. The TW has so many shows on the PVR that she needs to catch up with...
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Bonding was a fantastic show! I really hope they bring another couple seasons out for it. (And not just because of the copious amounts of latex in it...but that sure helps!)
    We've been watching Lucifer and just started the latest season put out by Netflix - only a couple episodes into the new season but I'm not sure if I'm digging where they're going with it. Time will tell. The TW has so many shows on the PVR that she needs to catch up with...
    Yeah, thought you might enjoy that part

vCash
    Blog Entries

Just finished season 1 of Killing Eve. Definitely does not live up to the hype. Pretty stupid at times. But Jodie Comer is amazing.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash
    Blog Entries

Just finished season 1 of Killing Eve. Definitely does not live up to the hype. Pretty stupid at times. But Jodie Comer is amazing.
    Agreed. Not even going to bother with Season 2...

vCash

For the fans of Black Mirror - coming in June

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

I was never a huge Big Bang fan but will say that the finale was better than the GoT ending! It sucks that so many really good shows have such terrible endings. MASH is a good example.

ER had a great ending. House wasn't too bad. Buffy was fantastic!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I was never a huge Big Bang fan but will say that the finale was better than the GoT ending! It sucks that so many really good shows have such terrible endings. MASH is a good example.

ER had a great ending. House wasn't too bad. Buffy was fantastic!
    Yeah, Buffy was awesome. Breaking Bad finished well.

Seinfeld was somewhat controversial in some loved it while others hated it, but I thought it was a fitting end to the series, even finishing with the first joke from the first episode, bringing it full circle.

vCash
    Blog Entries

It's hard to wrap a series to everyone's satisfaction. The more hyped the show is, that harder it is.

The best series finale ever was Six Feet Under. Breaking Bad and The Americans were very good as well.

vCash

Looks like Cobra Kai season 2 is out.

Edit:

Good follow-up to the first season, and sets itself up nicely for the third season.
    Last edited by nafnikufesin; 05-28-2019 at 09:33 PM.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Chernobyl was fantastic. Stark, suspenseful, horrifying and entertaining all in one. Just outstanding.

vCash

Chernobyl was fantastic. Stark, suspenseful, horrifying and entertaining all in one. Just outstanding.
    I am on episode 4. Tough one to get through.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Chernobyl was fantastic! Just the amount of...I can't even think of the word...the blind faith in what the party was telling everyone. Nothing to see here, please disperse, move along... Meanwhile birds are falling out of the sky and people are burning alive from the inside. I remember watching the news on satelite tv after the news finally broke and even then nobody really knew what was going on.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    I am on episode 4. Tough one to get through.
    Yes. One of the darkest episodes of TV I've ever watched.

vCash

It looks like amazon prime is offering select additional video channels in Canada for additional fees. Most of these channels or bundles are currently available through normal cable or streaming apps, but it's nice to see alternative ways to watch select programming.

Currently here's what they are offering (all are available as a free 30 day trial - and then billing will occur monthly through your amazon account):

Stack TV - A package of cable channels owned by Corus including Global, Showcase, Treehouse, W Network, National Geographic, YTV, Teletoon, Adult Swim, Food Network, HGTV, History Channel, and Slice for $12.99/month

Super Channel - Includes Super Channel Fuse, Heart & Home, and Vault for $9.99/month.

Starz - $5.99/month

Hayu - NBC/Universal's reality based streaming channel - $5.99/month

Nickelodeon - $5.99/month

AcornTV - $7.99/month

OutTV - $3.99/month

Shudder - $5.99/month

I'm probably gonna give Shudder a trial run since it suits my movie tastes. Not sure if I'll keep it past the 30 day trial, but I do like that it bills through my amazon account and streams through the amazon prime app on my Nvidia Shield TV box. Hopefully we see more of this. Youtube offers TV packages you can stream in the US. I think options are always a good thing.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie