Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

vCash
    Blog Entries

TV The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

My God, this show is spectacular. Please tell me I'm not the only one watching it.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Re: Dexter

Obviously not...or it would have been cancelled
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

I know I should probably get into Breaking Bad, Dexter, and Mad Men, but I probably won't any time soon. I'll likely wait until the series are over...and even then, I'll only watch them if they are 5 seasons or less.

vCash

I rent them when the seasons hit DVD. So I've seen seasons 1,2,3 but haven't seen any of season 4. Season 2 was kind of a dud, I thought. But it came back better with season 3.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I rent them when the seasons hit DVD. So I've seen seasons 1,2,3 but haven't seen any of season 4. Season 2 was kind of a dud, I thought. But it came back better with season 3.
    Season 4 is pretty damn oustanding so far. Right up there with season 1. Maybe better.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Numberz View Post
    I know I should probably get into Breaking Bad, Dexter, and Mad Men, but I probably won't any time soon. I'll likely wait until the series are over...and even then, I'll only watch them if they are 5 seasons or less.
    Watch the pilot for Dexter and I guarantee you'll be hooked.

vCash

I've only seen season one and I was certainly impressed. Have not got around to watching any more of the series though.

Breaking Bad is a show I keep meaning to watch as I've heard nothing but great things about it. And I am a huge Bryan Cranston fan. He's been excellent in literally every single thing I've ever seen him in.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Season 4 is pretty damn oustanding so far. Right up there with season 1. Maybe better.
    It's just so bloody addictive. I tend to rent a whole season and watch it a day or two.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    It's just so bloody addictive. I tend to rent a whole season and watch it a day or two.
    But it's no Buffy The Vampire Slayer...
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    But it's no Buffy The Vampire Slayer...
    You're right. It's not s**tty like that show.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Both shows are great.

vCash

Dexter? I recognize the name - just never seen it or know wat its about

Inquiring Mind is offline We're looking for dick to floor. Let's call that D2F

2009 & 2014 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Awesome show. I hadn't seen it until Bravo started showing season 1 last year, but was instantly hooked.
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

yesterdays ending to the show was mindblasting !!!!!

vCash

I watch Dexter religiously and love it. The ending last night was very unexpected. Wow!

Ang, I know you're also a 24 fan. I never watched it at all until my daughter (sorry, guys, she's now engaged) told me I'd love it. Her boyfriend (now fiance) has been lending us the DVDs. We're completely hooked and are now finishing season 3. Totally outstanding show. Might be my favourite hour-long drama program ever.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Dexter? I recognize the name - just never seen it or know wat its about
    It's about a sociopath who has to kill to satisfy his needs. But he lives by his Father's code and only kills people who have murdered others.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
    I watch Dexter religiously and love it. The ending last night was very unexpected. Wow!

Ang, I know you're also a 24 fan. I never watched it at all until my daughter (sorry, guys, she's now engaged) told me I'd love it. Her boyfriend (now fiance) has been lending us the DVDs. We're completely hooked and are now finishing season 3. Totally outstanding show. Might be my favourite hour-long drama program ever.
    24 is awesome, but the earlier seasons are much better than the later seasons. Starts really going downhill after season 4...

Last year was alright though.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by #83 View Post
    DDS, don't look!

I wasn't as blown away with the ending so much as I was with Dexter losing it an almost killing Lithgow's character in his own home. That was such an awesome scene and the whole episode last night might be the best in the entire series. They could take it so many places now...Deb knows who shot her.

vCash

E4E, think of a story of a serial killer who is a CSI kind of guy who kills serial killers. Lots of gore and nudity (which may be why Ang likes it). Terrific show, with lots of plot twists.

vCash

I had heard for a long time how amazing this show is, but never got around to watching any of it until a couple episodes this weekend. Now I'm hooked. I'll be busy watching the DVDs for the next while.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I've only seen season one and I was certainly impressed. Have not got around to watching any more of the series though.

Breaking Bad is a show I keep meaning to watch as I've heard nothing but great things about it. And I am a huge Bryan Cranston fan. He's been excellent in literally every single thing I've ever seen him in.
    I just ploughed through both seasons of BB and it's incredible. On the same level as The Sopranos and Mad Men for TV dramas, at least in my opinion. Between the first 2 seasons, there are 4 "holy ****!" moments that will leave your jaw on the floor. Cranston is amazing, the Walter White character goes through such a gradual transformation over 20 episodes that you barely even realize how far he's come until you re-watch the first episode.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    It's about a sociopath who has to kill to satisfy his needs. But he lives by his Father's code and only kills people who have murdered others.
    dexter is that show? ****.. I remember hearing about a show coming like that - except i never got the name of the show... I' got some watching to do....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by #83 View Post
    Very reminiscent of season one when they nonchalantly did the big reveal of the ice-truck killer right at the end of a show (of course that just turned out to be the first of many twists). Ever since then it's always in the back of my mind to expect the unexpected, cause that was a real jaw dropper.
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash

Get away from the computers, folks, Dexter starts in a few minutes.

Dexter

vCash
    Blog Entries

Watching right now...

vCash

Good night of TV... Good GC game (Riders lose to boot!)... a new episode of Dexter... then for a nightcap, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Showcase!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Inquiring Mind View Post
    Good night of TV... Good GC game (Riders lose to boot!)... a new episode of Dexter... then for a nightcap, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Showcase!
    They have an absolutely great season going right now. I was expecting the show to start going downhill, but a combination of dick towel, cats in a wall, and 'Intervention!' have kept that show hilarious.

vCash

The only thing I don't like about Dexter is that annoying girlfriend character of his, Rita. Super judgemental and lame.

vCash

Oh boy, Trinity is on the hunt... IT'S ON NOW!

vCash

Trinity gets is next week. I can hardly wait to see how Dex does him in. I have a feeling we'll see a surprise of some kind.