Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 1,231 to 1,253 of 1253

Thread: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

vCash

Re: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Just finished ep 5 last night. Incredible. It was almost a perfect hour of television.
    I started watching based on the response on Esksfans. Didn't find episode 5 significantly more outstanding than the other episodes.

I agree with boydo. Not over the top scary. More creepy. Certainly not vomit worthy.

I am enjoying it though. Great casting as the characters are interesting and I want to see what happens next. I'm finding it more like a mystery story. So far 8/10

vCash

I'm watching the series for the second time this week. The director, Mike Flanagan, in my opinion is a brilliant new force in the film world. Don't want to give away any spoilers, but there is so much that happens (in the shadows) that you don't catch the first time around - but it adds so much to the atmosphere of the presentation. Episode six is filmed so much like a play; other than a few dramatic moments, there are only five camera cuts in the entire episode. Stunning movie (tv) making. Flanagan is quickly becoming my new favorite director. His next project is the sequel to Stephen King's "The Shining", called "Doctor Sleep" set for theatrical release in 2020. Can't wait.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    I started watching based on the response on Esksfans. Didn't find episode 5 significantly more outstanding than the other episodes.
    Really? This surprises me.

Especially coming off episode 4 which was the worst of the series, I thought ep 5 was brilliant in so many ways.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

I thought ep 6 was the best of the series. The tension, the conflict, the spookiness, the camera work - loved that one.

The finale, I felt, was weak. Too much getting wrapped up too neatly with either too simplistic or too complicated of explanations. I think that may have dropped my overall score from a 8 to a 7/10. Maybe 7.5.

vCash

This is an interesting video to watch if anyone is interested in some subtle filming techniques used in The Haunting of Hill House series.
    *** Spoilers*** so watch with that warning.

I really like how the director created a subliminal mood for the house by planting these brief images. Most were impossible to see watching in real time - I caught a few of them on my second watch of the series.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I liked how it all tied up at the end and how it showed the different "views" of the same situations at times. Overall it was a decent show with cool directing but it definitely wasn't the vomit inducing scarefest that I was led to believe it would be. "The Gentlemen" in Buffy were scarier...
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash
    Blog Entries

I thought ep 6 was the best of the series. The tension, the conflict, the spookiness, the camera work - loved that one.

The finale, I felt, was weak. Too much getting wrapped up too neatly with either too simplistic or too complicated of explanations. I think that may have dropped my overall score from a 8 to a 7/10. Maybe 7.5.
    Ep6 was also fantastic. The tracking shots were amazing.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I liked how it all tied up at the end and how it showed the different "views" of the same situations at times. Overall it was a decent show with cool directing but it definitely wasn't the vomit inducing scarefest that I was led to believe it would be. "The Gentlemen" in Buffy were scarier...
    The jump scare in the car (episode 8) was unreal. I think I literally screamed.

vCash

I almost never react to jump scares, and I almost **** myself there. I really didn't expect anything when it happened.

Episode 6, I actually didn't really like the acting, but was very impressed by the way they shot it. Because of the shooting method though, I could live with the acting job, because it was basically like watching a recorded live play. It was very original way to tell a story, particularly on a show that generally relied on special effects to go that way for one episode.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

This is an interesting video to watch if anyone is interested in some subtle filming techniques used in The Haunting of Hill House series.
    *** Spoilers*** so watch with that warning.

I really like how the director created a subliminal mood for the house by planting these brief images. Most were impossible to see watching in real time - I caught a few of them on my second watch of the series.
    Oh man, this is awesome. I think I only saw one of them (the face behind the ladder leading to the hidden underground room).

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I almost never react to jump scares, and I almost **** myself there. I really didn't expect anything when it happened.

Episode 6, I actually didn't really like the acting, but was very impressed by the way they shot it. Because of the shooting method though, I could live with the acting job, because it was basically like watching a recorded live play. It was very original way to tell a story, particularly on a show that generally relied on special effects to go that way for one episode.
    The only time I kind of scoffed at the acting was when Theo fell by the couch.

vCash

The only time I kind of scoffed at the acting was when Theo fell by the couch.
    Yeah... me too. I guess because of the complexity of the long single shot, I let it slide. I'm guessing her performance was probably a huge challenge during that long stretch because of the need to act inebriated.

vCash

Just watched the 13th season finale of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Wow.

For a show that thrives or gutter humor from shallow, horrible (albeit hilarious) characters, the ending of this episode was really moving. It's completely out of character with the rest of the show, but that contrast makes it even more powerful.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    Just watched the 13th season finale of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Wow.

For a show that thrives or gutter humor from shallow, horrible (albeit hilarious) characters, the ending of this episode was really moving. It's completely out of character with the rest of the show, but that contrast makes it even more powerful.
    yeah... never watched the show, but hearing amazing things about this season's finale from all the people I know that do watch. 13 seasons already? Wow!

vCash

yeah... never watched the show, but hearing amazing things about this season's finale from all the people I know that do watch. 13 seasons already? Wow!
    The show is best described as Seinfeld on crack. A group of friends, each of them with exaggerated character flaws, find themselves in an outrageous scenario in each episode. Save for the last episode, it's mostly fluff, crudely funny escapism that you don't have to think too hard over.

vCash

Most of the time you knew something was going to happen. The lead up tension was maybe even more thrilling than the actual scare.

But in the car scene, they lulled you into comfort. There was no build up. Just out of the blue terror! It was great!

vCash

Most of the time you knew something was going to happen. The lead up tension was maybe even more thrilling than the actual scare.

But in the car scene, they lulled you into comfort. There was no build up. Just out of the blue terror! It was great!
    at what point in the episode is this? I'm watching it with my family and want to record their reactions
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    at what point in the episode is this? I'm watching it with my family and want to record their reactions
    Why would we spoil the surprise for you. And wouldn't filming them put them on to the fact something's about to happen.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Why would we spoil the surprise for you. And wouldn't filming them put them on to the fact something's about to happen.
    going to be sneaky about it

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    35 min mark

vCash

Coming to Netflix Canada for December

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/11/20/n...december-2018/

vCash

Coming to Netflix Canada for December

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/11/20/n...december-2018/
    love wentworth, cant wait

vCash

I know it's too network/mainstream for a lot of people around here but I'm finding Manifest to be quite compelling.