Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: Dexter

Finale tonight. Can't wait!!
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Inquiring Mind is offline We're looking for dick to floor. Let's call that D2F

2009 & 2014 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

I've put the family and neighbours on alert that there are to be no disturbances from 10-11pm.. under threat that I'll re-enact whatever is missed on them!
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash

Wow... that certainly leaves a lot to be chewed on for next season
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Oh.
    My.
    God.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

I didn't see that ending coming.....

vCash

Wow crazy spin. First spin was the daughter doing the shooting now this. It appears that deb is catching on should be interesting. Not to sure how many more seasons they can go but they are making it worth watching.
    Last edited by mullet; 12-14-2009 at 10:24 AM.

vCash

WOW....just wow.

what a great show tho

vCash

For the fans of this great show.

vCash

Some cool animations of some of Dexter's early kills:

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/earlycuts/home.do

vCash

Season preview here.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Can't wait!

Also looking forward to Boardwalk Empire.

And then Game of Thrones in 2011...

vCash

Starts tonight.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Starts tonight.
    I've been counting down the days all month. All geeked up!

vCash

vCash

2 months and 2 days... that's gotta be a record between double posts!

vCash

Does someone need to watch from the start to know what's going on? Or could I just start from the Season 2 Premiere?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacle View Post
    Does someone need to watch from the start to know what's going on? Or could I just start from the Season 2 Premiere?
    Season 2? This is Season 5.

I definitely recommend you start from S1E1.

vCash

Shoot. Don't know why I wrote 2. lol

vCash

Interesting start to season 5. It was a good thing they ran the S4 finale right before, I had forgotten a few of the B and C plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacle View Post
    I would recommend watching them all in order... if you absolutely had to skip one though, I'd say you could probably get away with missing Season 3, I don't recall a whole lot important going down that year and felt it was by far the weakest of the series, but I could be wrong. S1 was crucial... S2 was pretty good and also set up S4... and S4 sets up the current season, and was awesome in it's own right.
    Last edited by Inquiring Mind; 09-26-2010 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inquiring Mind View Post
    Interesting start to season 5. It was a good thing they ran the S4 finale right before, I had forgotten a few of the B and C plots.

I would recommend watching them all in order... if you absolutely had to skip one though, I'd say you could probably get away with missing Season 3, I don't recall a whole lot important going down that year and felt it was by far the weakest of the series, but I could be wrong. S1 was crucial... S2 was pretty good and also set up S4... and S4 sets up the current season, and was awesome in it's own right.
    I actually thought S3 was pretty good and S2 was the weakest of the series. S4 was awesome though and tonight's episode would have been pretty boring I think if you haven't at least seen S4.

vCash

For a minute there, I thought he was going to go a whole episode without, well, you know

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    I actually thought S3 was pretty good and S2 was the weakest of the series. S4 was awesome though and tonight's episode would have been pretty boring I think if you haven't at least seen S4.
    I've always liked S2, but it's also the only season I only got to see on DVD and kind of immerse myself in it for a few days and watch the entire series, where as the rest I watched when they aired weekly. It kind of explores Dexter's relationship and issues with Harry that year, which is obviously a big theme in the series.

Or maybe I just have father issues all of my own?!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    For a minute there, I thought he was going to go a whole episode without, well, you know
    There weren't many last season, I think there were only maybe five (at least at his hands)

vCash
    Blog Entries

So any comments on this season so far?

I think it's been rather boring...at least until Sunday night when Julia Stiles finally made her appearance. I can't wait to see what happens now...

And this whole LaGuerta/Batista subplot...*yawn*...who really cares about their issues and the drama in their ridiculous marriage.

vCash

Yeah, fairly slow start so far. This is the first season I've watched it week-by-week, rather than watching all the episodies back-to-back on DVD, which makes a difference as well.

vCash

Yeah, it's been a slow start... but the do seem to be building towards a number of storylines, so it things should start picking up. I was kind of disappointed he killed off the roadkill guy so quickly, I thought that was an interesting character, but he was obviously just a tool to introduce the Stiles character, which will be the big focus this year. I guess his storyline will continue, even if he doesn't.

vCash

Poor start to this season,with plot lines I don't care about. I hope it picks up, although I wonder if this show has jumped the shark. Although Dex getting stunned into unconscienciousness was interesting. Him possibly being ID'd as Kyle Butler is potentially a big problem.

vCash

Masuka's reaction and acting at the last crime scene during the "Everything Is Illumenated" episode was epic.

I'm still laughing over it.

vCash
    Blog Entries

So far I'd say this season pretty much sucks.

Hopefully Quinn will find himself on Dexter's table which will redeem my faith in this show...at least somewhat...