Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

vCash

Re: Dexter

I don't think Peter Weller's character not making it much further...Dexter is going to deal with him in an episode or two.

But I agree...this season has been a bit slow. It was going to be hard to top the Trinity Killer as a villian so the Quinn/Debstory is taking a while to develop, but it's coming along.

I can see this happening...Deb becomes the head detective in all the "random" killings that aren't random, tracks down Lumen as a suspect and her and Quinn corner her...Dexter comes to the rescue, knocks out Deb with his needle and has a showdown with Quinn...

I could go without the Angel/Laguerta storyline though...boooring.

vCash

Last week's episode was by far the best of a weak season so far. Masuka's scene was great. I can't wait for Dex to get Julia Stiles on his table. And that nanny makes me nervous. No one's that perfect. Well, besides Opus.

vCash

A clip from Masuka's epic scene...

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
    Last week's episode was by far the best of a weak season so far. Masuka's scene was great. I can't wait for Dex to get Julia Stiles on his table. And that nanny makes me nervous. No one's that perfect. Well, besides Opus.
    I make you nervous?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Preview for this week’s episode. I thought folks might like some distraction from the usual around here - the Grey Cup game, hammering on Esks management decisions, beer, trying to get the last word by blathering about nothing, guessing who wil score the first Oilers goal....

My favourite scene from the series so far.

vCash
    Blog Entries

This season continues to fall flat for me although I'm glad to see they've put all the LaGuerta/Angel stuff on the back burner. I don't know how Lumen could possibly do anything to end up on Dexter's table though...unless she does something really rash.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Inquiring Mind is offline We're looking for dick to floor. Let's call that D2F

2009 & 2014 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

I was a little choked last night as the episode seemed to start early and by time my PVR kicked in it was like 10 minutes in already.

Definitely doesn't stack up to last season, but it'll be interesting to see how they wrap it all up next week. Looks like Quinn is going to be taking a fall, Deb sure does know how to pick'em!
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash

After a very slows start, I think this season is becoming pretty good, or at least the last few episodes. I wonder how that blood dripping on Quinn's show will play out. Me thinks it will provide Dexter with a link to tie the guy to that killing and enable him to dispose of Quinn. I still think the nanny is not to be trusted. I don't know how she'll become a villan. And the new girlfriend - I don't know what will happen to her. Lots of questions come to mind. Sad that the season is almost over.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
    After a very slows start, I think this season is becoming pretty good, or at least the last few episodes. I wonder how that blood dripping on Quinn's show will play out. Me thinks it will provide Dexter with a link to tie the guy to that killing and enable him to dispose of Quinn. I still think the nanny is not to be trusted. I don't know how she'll become a villan. And the new girlfriend - I don't know what will happen to her. Lots of questions come to mind. Sad that the season is almost over.
    Only one episode left...really drag of a season...never got going.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

I think Quinn will definitely take the fall for the one murder, they've been setting that up for weeks with their hostility towards each other playing out infront of Deb, etc. Not sure what will become of Lumen. I don't see her getting sacrificed, cause they did that to close last season. But maybe she'll just be axed early in the episode and the chase will take up the rest of the show. Who knows. I imagine the nanny will play into it somehow with the birthday, I think she'll have a big arc next season.

I kept hoping they'd finally find a way to write-out LaGuerta, but that tease seems to have cooled right off.
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Well a completely lackluster episode to wrap up a completely lackluster season...

vCash

A little last minute heads up... season six kicks off in half an hour!

Edward James Olmos sounds like he'll be this years focus, instead of Stand & Deliver it'll be slice and dice.

vCash

Dexter gets to explore religion, could be interesting.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Inquiring Mind View Post
    Dexter gets to explore religion, could be interesting.
    A great start to a season that could be very cerebral. I could not wait and it did not disappoint.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    A great start to a season that could be very cerebral. I could not wait and it did not disappoint.
    It definitely had flashes of greatness, but then would back off so I'm a little worried. But it's shaping up to be Dexter being on the chase, which is a good sign as those are typically the stronger seasons (1 & 4)

vCash

Didn't really take that much from the first episode, aside from the fact that Colin Hanks is looking more and more like his father, which might make it a little more entertaining when he dies.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Thought the snakes being removed from the victim's sewn up stomache was pretty intense. Also glad that LaGuerta/Angel is no more. Not sure how interesting it'll be for Laguerta to be moving on up while Angel grabs the Lt's chair. It was kind of cool having a somewhat slimy character in the squad room. Would love it if they had a tough character suspicous of Dexter as part of the group. Dexter is really intense when he himself is being hunted. Quinn never did live up to expectations the way that Doakes did in this area. Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Boardwalk Empire are definitely my 3 favorites right now.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Thought the snakes being removed from the victim's sewn up stomache was pretty intense. Also glad that LaGuerta/Angel is no more. Not sure how interesting it'll be for Laguerta to be moving on up while Angel grabs the Lt's chair. It was kind of cool having a somewhat slimy character in the squad room. Would love it if they had a tough character suspicous of Dexter as part of the group. Dexter is really intense when he himself is being hunted. Quinn never did live up to expectations the way that Doakes did in this area. Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Boardwalk Empire are definitely my 3 favorites right now.
    The way that whole celebratory dinner went with Angel and his sister makes me think he won't get the job. And what was with that whole gunman at the bar thing? They sure made a point of showing people filming it...originally I thought maybe it would throw Deb into the spotlight and she would get the Lieutenant job instead of Angel but I don't think she has the years to be eligible...who knows.

Dexter dancing was hilarious.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    The way that whole celebratory dinner went with Angel and his sister makes me think he won't get the job. And what was with that whole gunman at the bar thing? They sure made a point of showing people filming it...originally I thought maybe it would throw Deb into the spotlight and she would get the Lieutenant job instead of Angel but I don't think she has the years to be eligible...who knows.

The scene that confused me was the one where that chick from his reunion shagged him. I thought she was trying to reel him in as a potential mate but after it was over she was in more of a hurry to get out of there than he was. I'm probably overthinking it and it was just there for the purpose of giving Dexter a means of luring in his next victim and/or simply a gratuitius scene for the voyeurs out there.

As far as Dexter's dancing is concerned that was hilarious...since Dexter's encounter with the Trinity killer his new weapon of choice seems to have become the hammer (he used it again for the season opener for this year IIRC)...perhaps hammer time could become his new theme song...or someone could create a montage on youtube...

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

The sex scene served two purposes.

1) Allowed Dexter to snag her phone, to send the text and set up the kill

2) It's premium cable, they like to show tits whenever possible

vCash
    Blog Entries

Wow, guess I nailed it.

vCash

Yeah, you definitely call that one. I was figuring Angel wasn't going to get Lt. after the "playing with the big boys" comment Matthews made to La Guerta, but they have been teasing that showdown for years, maybe we'll finally get it. Didn't see Debra getting it though, I guess we'll be getting another round of her battling with LaGuerta now too.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Wow, guess I nailed it.
    Yup good call. I can see her trying to navigate the turbulent waters between LaGuerta and Matthews being an interesting story arc given her inexperience. I wonder if now that Debra and Quinn have broken up (and that it appears that he blames Dexter for it) whether or not Quinn will resume his snooping into Dexter's extracurricular activities.

On an unrelated note I thought the season ending episode for Breaking Bad was absolutely brilliant. Two of the best shows on television IMO.
    Last edited by adb; 10-11-2011 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Dexter is quickly becoming one of the worst shows on television. Last season plus the start of this season have been pretty bad IMO.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Dexter is quickly becoming one of the worst shows on television. Last season plus the start of this season have been pretty bad IMO.
    Geez if I felt that way I'd personally stop watching the program...it was like that with Two and a half men...I watched it for the first three seasons but since then have never watched an episode.

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

I'm like that with Treme. I enjoyed the first season, but the show basically went right into the crapper with the suicide of Goodman's character. It no longer has any interest for me, and I struggled through this last season.

Killing off Steve Earle was the last straw.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

I like Breaking Bad, but am not as into now as the early seasons. Though Gus was one of the all-time great tv characters... got an interesting death too.

Starting to really dig Mad Men. I'm half way through season three and just love how all the little things always pay off down the line. Superb continuity.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    I'm like that with Treme. I enjoyed the first season, but the show basically went right into the crapper with the suicide of Goodman's character. It no longer has any interest for me, and I struggled through this last season.

Killing off Steve Earle was the last straw.
    Treme has turned into a huge pile of crap. I watched the 2nd season trying to like it but I just ended up wanting to punch the Steve Zahn character in the face.

My favorite show by far, right now, is Sons of Anarchy.
    When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by quake View Post
    Treme has turned into a huge pile of crap. I watched the 2nd season trying to like it but I just ended up wanting to punch the Steve Zahn character in the face.

My favorite show by far, right now, is Sons of Anarchy.
    Is that on tv up here? I've heard a lot of good things about it but never seen it. Was hoping to see it when FX Canada starts broadcasting, but knowing the cable system here we'll probably never see it (still don't even have TSN2)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Inquiring Mind View Post
    Is that on tv up here? I've heard a lot of good things about it but never seen it. Was hoping to see it when FX Canada starts broadcasting, but knowing the cable system here we'll probably never see it (still don't even have TSN2)
    Superchannel.
    When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know.