Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Game of Thrones (HBO) - Final Season: April 14, 2019

vCash

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO) - Season 7: July 16, 2017

You know the one thing that has always stuck in my mind is.... did Jamie get at the man who cut his hand off? I would have to go back and see the episode, but it wasn't even someone allied with Rob Stark was it? Do the books go into this? Does Jamie ever get back at that guy or his family?

So the dead dragon spits out a laser beam or lightsaber that is able to destroy The Wall? Believe me, i'm not one of those people who looks for plot holes in everything. This series is complete fiction and even within the realm of this fictitious world i'm willing to suspend disbelief and just go with it. But, it seems like this dragon's "fire" or whatever it is is massively powerful. If the other dragons just spit out fire how long would it take for them to wear down a section of the wall to the point it collapses? Oh well the army of the dead has to advance south anyway so be it.

Do you think that George R R Martin has an incest fetish? I mean, really? Everyone has their thing. Some guys it's shiny, pvc, and latex. Some guys it's stockings and high heels, etc... I think Georgie has... some issues here..
    2015 EsksFans CFL Pool Winner

vCash
    Blog Entries

Did someone say pvc and latex???
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1949 View Post
    You know the one thing that has always stuck in my mind is.... did Jamie get at the man who cut his hand off? I would have to go back and see the episode, but it wasn't even someone allied with Rob Stark was it? Do the books go into this? Does Jamie ever get back at that guy or his family?

So the dead dragon spits out a laser beam or lightsaber that is able to destroy The Wall? Believe me, i'm not one of those people who looks for plot holes in everything. This series is complete fiction and even within the realm of this fictitious world i'm willing to suspend disbelief and just go with it. But, it seems like this dragon's "fire" or whatever it is is massively powerful. If the other dragons just spit out fire how long would it take for them to wear down a section of the wall to the point it collapses? Oh well the army of the dead has to advance south anyway so be it.

Do you think that George R R Martin has an incest fetish? I mean, really? Everyone has their thing. Some guys it's shiny, pvc, and latex. Some guys it's stockings and high heels, etc... I think Georgie has... some issues here..
    I don't know why you would blame George for the Dany/Jon storyline. There is no evidence that's from him. The books haven't gotten that far and I'm willing to bet the "fan service" season we just watched will deviate greatly from the books.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    I don't know why you would blame George for the Dany/Jon storyline. There is no evidence that's from him. The books haven't gotten that far and I'm willing to bet the "fan service" season we just watched will deviate greatly from the books.
    Yeah, alright that's fair. I don't know whether that's the showrunner's or George suggesting they should do that. Will be interesting to watch the scene with Bran and Jon when he presumably finds out his Aunt is Dany!
    2015 EsksFans CFL Pool Winner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1949 View Post
    Yeah, alright that's fair. I don't know whether that's the showrunner's or George suggesting they should do that. Will be interesting to watch the scene with Bran and Jon when he presumably finds out his Aunt is Dany!
    I only read a bit of the series, but I seem to recall something about incest being somewhat regular in that world, especially amongst cousins. Kind of like Saskatchewan. Granted this is nephew/aunt, but there is history in the books that seem to accept it, though the High Septon opposed (which was basically obliterated). I'd imagine this was part of GRRM's plan.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I only read a bit of the series, but I seem to recall something about incest being somewhat regular in that world, especially amongst cousins. Kind of like Saskatchewan. Granted this is nephew/aunt, but there is history in the books that seem to accept it, though the High Septon opposed (which was basically obliterated). I'd imagine this was part of GRRM's plan.
    The Targaryen's wed brother to sister for generations to keep the bloodlines pure. Dany's parents were brother & sister.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    The Targaryen's wed brother to sister for generations to keep the bloodlines pure. Dany's parents were brother & sister.
    I thought I remembered something specific to the Targaryen's as well, but didn't remember specifics. So there you go.

vCash

I'm going to go through withdrawl on Sunday I can see it already...

vCash

Here's a good article for those wondering about the book vs the show: https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/2...-news-chapters

vCash
    Blog Entries

This is really cool:

GOT7 Breakdown from El Ranchito Imagen Digital on Vimeo.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO) - Final Season: April 14, 2019

What a journey it has been...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO) - Final Season: April 14, 2019

Can't wait to see how they wrap it all up. I've been watching episodes here and there getting all the good scenes again. (Arya killing EVERYONE, Cercei blowing up the Sept, Hound being Hound etc.)
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.