Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tillman "Collateral Damage" thread.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Re: Naylor: Kavis Reed to be next Eskimos' head coach

In this case I feel it proper to remind everyone including the EEFC of the truth, even if some choose to stick their heads in the sand about it, and it will be here until the day Tillspin is fired.
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

Quote Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
    my opinion?
    if the site administrators would force Diesel to take down his AVY - and if he felt that the discussion around here was more centered around beating him up for football related issues - than the court issue

you guys would likely see him start to post - and would really enjoy the insight he would bring to the board

challenge him on football - he may get annoyed but certainly responds
    but the nonsense I get dragged into about the case? and the name calling - I imagine that keeps him away
    Diesel should never have to take down his avy. Tillman plead guilty to the sexual assault of a minor so Diesel's avy is true. This might work in yours and Tillman's world Rotor but it doesn't cut it on esksfans. I support Diesel 100% on whether or not he chooses to use that avatar. Its called free speech and not only that its the truth in this case. Your last number of replies just keep reminding me of the reasons why I don't like Tillman. You are obviously being used by him. Thats why people are calling you his puppet and now Stevie Janowski. You haven't figured it out yet but its so obvious to us all that he is talking to you and you are regurgitating everything he wants you to say. I am trying real hard to get past the man and his problems but when he has you doing this I question the type of man who is willing to do something like that. Other things about him despite all of this still bother me. Him interviewing Rick Campbell is a farce if I've ever seen one. Tillman has no intention of hiring him but its obvious to everyone that he is kissing up to Hughie. I find it distasteful but typically Tillman. Still I said it before I will be talking to someone really involved in the investigation in Regina and if this was a thing that got blown out of shape I will tolerate the Tillman era here. I won't be happy about it but if its not as bad as I thought with the babysitter I will tolerate it despite Tillman's weasely ways. But if its worse.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Or it's easier to have someone do it for him in a market where he is not god-like as he was before. Make no mistake, we've confirmed for years that the EEFC monitors this site very regularly, and I'd wager Tillspin's own message board history suggests he does to.
    fine if it makes you feel better to think that just take my football related posts just as seriously

and absolutely I agree - his message board history suggests that the man would like nothing better than to discuss football related matters with the fans DIRECTLY - we know he posted on Riderville as himself and then Riderfans - and to those who were able to figure out who he was - we now know that he would respond directly by PM with practically any question posed

not sure why that kind of involvement would not be welcome here

as for Godlike? when he took over the Riders ROY was godlike - and he was an interloper whom many did not want - but he posted because it was talking FOOTBALL

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by quake View Post
    Honestly it doesn't matter to me if ET posts here. Speculation is way more fun.
    while I agree speculation is fun - having participated on both Riderville with him and then Riderfans - his involvement was very much an improvement over the pure speculation - discussing some of the why's and thought processes behind various player moves and coaching decisions (ESPECIALLY AT RIDERVILLE where he posted as himself) was alot of fun as well - having limited access to neg list guys made watching College ball far more interesting as well

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EskimosDiggity View Post
    Diesel should never have to take down his avy. Tillman plead guilty to the sexual assault of a minor so Diesel's avy is true. This might work in yours and Tillman's world Rotor but it doesn't cut it on esksfans. I support Diesel 100% on whether or not he chooses to use that avatar. Its called free speech and not only that its the truth in this case. Your last number of replies just keep reminding me of the reasons why I don't like Tillman. You are obviously being used by him. Thats why people are calling you his puppet and now Stevie Janowski. You haven't figured it out yet but its so obvious to us all that he is talking to you and you are regurgitating everything he wants you to say. I am trying real hard to get past the man and his problems but when he has you doing this I question the type of man who is willing to do something like that. Other things about him despite all of this still bother me. Him interviewing Rick Campbell is a farce if I've ever seen one. Tillman has no intention of hiring him but its obvious to everyone that he is kissing up to Hughie. I find it distasteful but typically Tillman. Still I said it before I will be talking to someone really involved in the investigation in Regina and if this was a thing that got blown out of shape I will tolerate the Tillman era here. I won't be happy about it but if its not as bad as I thought with the babysitter I will tolerate it despite Tillman's weasely ways. But if its worse.
    And we should believe you more than Rotor because...???

vCash

Rotor responding everytime Diesel says something about Tillman doesn't help the situation. I think there is a large portion of people here who know both sides of this story and don't need it waved in their face on every bloody thread. We know the story, EEFC knows the story and I think most of us are going to judge Tillman on what he does with the Eskimos. Not his past or not how it relates to what is happening. I hope anyway...

I think you're first post brought up a legit point but I also won't blame anyone who saw it with a racist-slant to it...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
    having limited access to neg list guys made watching College ball far more interesting as well
    he posted guys on his neg list?
    When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know.

vCash

like i said He can keep it - I was asked a direct question - so I answered it and like I said its my speculation
    but hey if the membership like yourself prefers to see Diesels AVY and would rather look at that than have ET posting here (as his history suggests he would) that is fine too -
    Last edited by Rotor; 12-08-2010 at 11:02 AM.

vCash

he posted guys on his neg list?
    yep - one time he posted the entire list - but the league did not appreciate it so from then on he would just occasionally discuss players of interest to the team

vCash

Why is every single interesting thread turned into a fricking tillman debate????

Getting old now...,

Please just start one thread and knock heads all day and night...

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Rant The Tillman "Collateral Damage" thread.

A while back TT mentioned that he was going to create a thread where any topic degrading into a Tillman pissing match would have a home.

Well fine, I'll bite the bullet and do it.

I'll be moving crap in here, so we don't have to continually keep locking other threads, etc, etc.....

That way salient points regarding both the topic at hand as well as Tillman discussion can progress within their own confines.

I'll be moving some stuff around immediately to open up current threads, etc.....as well as in the future.

I'm also not going to freaking argue about someones post here or there getting caught up and thrown in here if someone objects to it.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Re: The Tillman "Collateral Damage" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    A while back TT mentioned that he was going to create a thread where any topic degrading into a Tillman pissing match would have a home.

Well fine, I'll bite the bullet and do it.

I'll be moving crap in here, so we don't have to continually keep locking other threads, etc, etc.....

That way salient points regarding both the topic at hand as well as Tillman discussion can progress within their own confines.

I'll be moving some stuff around immediately to open up current threads, etc.....as well as in the future.

I'm also not going to freaking argue about someones post here or there getting caught up and thrown in here if someone objects to it.
    great idea Opus - hopefully we won't be contaminating good threads any more

vCash

We should really move the Tillman "ass-kissing PR posts" here as well
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 12-08-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    We should really move the Tillman "ass-kissing PR posts" here as well
    They will be...

indiscriminate and with an iron fist.....how does that sound?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

They will be...

indiscriminate and with an iron fist.....how does that sound?
    perfect!

vCash

I appreciate this thread and hope everyone will confine their fighting over Tillman to this thread. I respect the haters' right to hate but it gets very tiring and annoying when some posters have to mention it in virtually every post (including some thinly veiled shots at Tillman and the Esks in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with that topic). Frankly, I'm losing interest in this forum because of it. /rant over

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
    I appreciate this thread and hope everyone will confine their fighting over Tillman to this thread. I respect the haters' right to hate but it gets very tiring and annoying when some posters have to mention it in virtually every post (including some thinly veiled shots at Tillman and the Esks in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with that topic). Frankly, I'm losing interest in this forum because of it. /rant over
    THIS X10.....Also Thank You Opus!!!
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Honestly it doesn't matter to me if ET posts here. Speculation is way more fun.
    I would rather he post here. It would be possible if football were talked about here.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    I would rather he post here. It would be possible if football were talked about here.
    Part of the reason I like this forum is because it is more than football here. Wouldn't you agree?
    When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know.

vCash

Hey moneyguy. Clear your pm message list it's full!!!!
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    Hey moneyguy. Clear your pm message list it's full!!!!
    He's still trying to sell his Grey Cup tickets.
    Maciocia, Hall, Strasser, Hairston and Thorpe are finally all gone. The rest will take care of itself.

Good luck Kavis Reed and the rest of the Esks' new coaching staff!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
    Objection! Speculation!

Really when one starts talking about a thinly veiled shot, it would take some knowledge of the poster. I will take my apple from the tree post for instance. That really was just a statement of fact and nothing else. It had zip to do with ET. Rotor took it as a shot in a racial way. Not so. Those that know me know that I hate playing the race card as it quickly escalates into a pit of crap as we have found out. Since you know very little about me MG, I take that the thinly veiled shot had no possible connection to me.

vCash

Part of the reason I like this forum is because it is more than football here. Wouldn't you agree?
    I do. That's why I'm here too. But 'more than football' doesn't embrace a thread like this IMHO as evidenced by the Sticky and the 'cleanup' of related posts. My posting history leans heavily to humour and humourous asides to other posts and sometimes to try and lighten things up. I also follow the posts in the football and hockey forums closely to gain knowledge from those who are closer to the action. That's what I want to read and respond to.

I love this forum and the vast majority of the people who post here. I love the variety of topics that are available. I fear this forum will self destruct if it continues on in the manner previous.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

Super Moderator

vCash

Y'know what.......I don't give a flying 2x4 if there are some thinly veiled shots that some people want to whine about.

FFS....if a poster has facts to back up their opinions, it's too bad sometimes if you don't like the message. Grow some thicker skin, because if it bothers you that much, there's something deeper bothering you. Either confront it and debate it, or read something else.

Some people want to ignore the massive elephant in the room, fine......then ignore it.

I'm putting this thread up to hopefully appease everyone who really do have a point about losing decent topics to residual arguments, that's all. I've had enough of people crying that "the site isn't the same, or isn't appealing anymore with this or that".

Jeebuz!

*edit: for the record Piz, I'm aiming this in general.....not at you specifically (because my post fell in line after you), but you are wrong...this forum was here before you and will continue as long as Ang deems it so.
    Last edited by Opus; 12-08-2010 at 01:56 PM.

vCash

Context Opus. Everyone railed when Nook used to do it as well...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

There were far more than just Nook that did the exact same thing to the previous regime almost on a daily basis...
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Context Opus. Everyone railed when Nook used to do it as well...
    The forum did not implode either then. I am tired of people bashing the site because they do not want to hear a message.

This is a way of managing things now so that topics to not get lost in the eventual debate that WILL take place.

vCash

The forum did not implode either then. I am tired of people bashing the site because they do not want to hear a message.

This is a way of managing things now so that topics to not get lost in the eventual debate that WILL take place.
    I hope that you do not take my post as 'bashing the site' as that was not my intention. If that's the way you take it, then I apologize. However, if you put the word 'continually' in front of the bolded, then that's what I am tired of. Especially when the 'topic' invades too many threads.

I appreciate the last sentence quoted.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

the eventual debate that WILL take place.
    True, and will until after Tillspin is gone. That's all part of the baggage brought on this franchise and those who follow it, like it or not. Some people would rather hold their nose and choose not to smell the tripple coiler Goss laid, others not so much
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    I call a spade a shovel buddy, you like to call it a "one piece earth materials leverage device"
    And a shovel still isn't a spade. You're both guilty of spin, everyone here knows how Tillman pled and the mitigating factors that were cited in the judge's decision, so why don't all we just acknowledge that and move on? We all have our opinions, we all have our biases, lets stick to football.