Thread: Las Vegas Odds for the 2011 Grey Cup on Sunday, November 27th

vCash

News Las Vegas Odds for the 2011 Grey Cup on Sunday, November 27th

I was in Las Vegas last week and stopped off at the Wynn sports book to place a small NCAA basketball wager. While I was there I picked up the line for the 2011 Grey Cup by team which I thought was rather interesting...

1) Montreal: Favorite at 12/5
    2) Calgary at 5/2
    3) Saskatchewan at 4/1
    4) BC at 6/1
    5 tie) Hamilton and Edmonton at 7/1
    7) Toronto at 8/1
    8) Winnepeg at 12/1

Of course this read is extremely early as there are still players that will change teams and training camp does not open for months.

I did think that it was interesting that the Eskimos placed in a 5th place tie despite the fact that they finished 7th overall last season. I guess that you could argue that at with the run at the end of the season that they may have already been around the 5th best team in the CFL -- maybe even better. However, since season's end the team has undergone numerous changes. It is certainly debateable as to whether or not they are for the better.

PS -- My basketball bet was on the recently eliminated VCU...
    Last edited by BUCK; 04-04-2011 at 07:10 AM.

vCash

Re: Las Vegas Odds for the 2011 Grey Cup on Sunday, November 27th

Thanks Buck,

going to lay down 1k on the greenwhites, sure bet if there was ever one

vCash

I love that Vegas spelled Saskatchewan right but messed up on Winnipeg.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rids View Post
    I love that Vegas spelled Saskatchewan right but messed up on Winnipeg.
    MY BAD !!! You know, I can't blame that incorrect spelling on Vegas -- that was my spelling. But then, how can you expect someone who lives in Southern California to know the correct spelling of the variety of your cities.

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK View Post
    MY BAD !!! You know, I can't blame that incorrect spelling on Vegas -- that was my spelling. But then, how can you expect someone who lives in Southern California to know the correct spelling of the variety of your cities.
    Like some of California's - Nipinnawasee for example.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Vale View Post
    Like some of California's - Nipinnawasee for example.
    Nope -- here in Southern California our official language is Spanish...

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Nope -- here in Southern California our official language is Spanish...
    I noticed that even more than ever when I drove around SoCal last month. Many of us Canucks learned about Southern California names watching Saturday morning cartoons, but never realized it.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNHung View Post
    Thanks Buck,

going to lay down 1k on the greenwhites, sure bet if there was ever one
    I'm sure they'll appreciate the donation
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash

I was in Las Vegas last week and stopped off at the Wynn sports book to place a small NCAA basketball wager. While I was there I picked up the line for the 2011 Grey Cup by team which I thought was rather interesting...

1) Montreal: Favorite at 12/5
    2) Calgary at 5/2
    3) Saskatchewan at 4/1
    4) BC at 6/1
    5 tie) Hamilton and Edmonton at 7/1
    7) Toronto at 8/1
    8) Winnepeg at 12/1

Of course this read is extremely early as there are still players that will change teams and training camp does not open for months.

I did think that it was interesting that the Eskimos placed in a 5th place tie despite the fact that they finished 7th overall last season. I guess that you could argue that at with the run at the end of the season that they may have already been around the 5th best team in the CFL -- maybe even better. However, since season's end the team has undergone numerous changes. It is certainly debateable as to whether or not they are for the better.

PS -- My basketball bet was on the recently eliminated VCU...
    Hard to agrue with the first three being favourites... the next four in the 6-8 to 1 is alright, but I think I'd put that bunch closer to 10-1, but that's just me.
    Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inquiring Mind View Post
    Hard to agrue with the first three being favourites... the next four in the 6-8 to 1 is alright, but I think I'd put that bunch closer to 10-1, but that's just me.
    Not that I'm a betting man and I would especially never put money on the hated greenwhites but the following article lists one las vegas outlet as putting the greenwhites at 17-2 to win the GC. Below everyone else in the league except for the BBs. If I were a rider fan I might take that personally. In any event it would be a pretty good return if you won that bet. Link appears below:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/cfl/blog/...aining-content
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the greenwhites

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Notice that Buck gets a shout-out at the end of that article for this thread.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Inquiring Mind View Post
    Agree completely. In an 8-team league, a team with middle-of-the-pack odds, should be somewhere around 8-1. When only the Bombers are getting longer odds than that, it's a bit of a sucker's bet.

Very slim difference in the odds for Montreal and Calgary when you break it down... 2.4-1 for Mtl and 2.5/1 for Cgy.

Will be interesting to track how these change as TC rolls around and again when opening day rosters are set.

vCash

Man, gotta say that this makes me laugh again (It does every year). I'm used to seeing it just be last year's W-L record folded over, but to not acknowledge that the greenwhites danced at the big game is...... Hilarious!