Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Madani: DEAL DONE Ray Traded to Argos

vCash

Re: Madani: DEAL DONE Ray Traded to Argos

Quote Originally Posted by Muley69 View Post
    I do agree that I shouldn't have been as harsh on Jyles as I was.

My ire is with Tilllman, and him alone. Jyles is no more responsible for this trade as I am.
    Exactly. I hope the fans don't take it out on him. If Jyles is actually our starter week 1 next year, I hope he doesn't get booed by our fans without being given a chance at least. Not his fault he was traded for a HOF QB....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KristjanCFL View Post
    This. Also, if we were freeing up 200k in cap space, wouldn't releasing Bauman have covered 125k or so of that on its own? Its not like we ever gave him the chance to earn his salary, or are going to, and he only has about half a season of real note on his resume.
    Agreed.

As for Bauman, try two good games in three weeks at the end of 2010 (5-116, 2 TD, and 3-95 two weeks later). He only has 4 career games (out of 70 played) with 80 yds or more. 1643 career yds...Fred Stamps takes a season and a game to do what has taken Bauman 5 years.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by esks123 View Post
    Exactly. I hope the fans don't take it out on him. If Jyles is actually our starter week 1 next year, I hope he doesn't get booed by our fans without being given a chance at least. Not his fault he was traded for a HOF QB....
    Think it will depend who else we have.

If there's another option at backup, he'll probably be on a short leash.

But I can't see it happening too quickly if the status quo sticks around because most fans (at least the smart ones) will realize we don't really have a better option.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...