Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricky Ray Appreciation Thread

vCash

Re: Ricky Ray Appreciation Thread

Thank you Ricky Ray 15 for being a real Edmonton Eskimo.

Never complained or pointed fingers of blame.
    Never made excuses.
    Never embarrassed the organization, City, or the fans.
    A true role model you could tell your children to be proud of.

You deserved to have one more shot to bring the Grey Cup back to the City of Champions.

I have hated the fact that Braley owns both the Lions and the Argos. We lost Foley to the Argos just last year.

Now I'm thinking "Thank god Braley owns the Lions and Argos," because that could have been Lulay heading for TO, except for the stink it would have caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Etownbo View Post
    Thank you Ricky Ray 15 for being a real Edmonton Eskimo.

Never complained or pointed fingers of blame.
    Never made excuses.
    Never embarrassed the organization, City, or the fans.
    A true role model you could tell your children to be proud of.

You deserved to have one more shot to bring the Grey Cup back to the City of Champions.
    QFT.

vCash

I can't imagine not seeing #15 lead us to the Grey Cup again, I hope Ricky gets another one in Toronto . Thanks for the great memories and all the best in TO. Now we have to pick up the pieces and try to replace one of the cornerstones of the franchise. Eric, it's on YOU !

vCash

Good Lucky Ricky... and remember... Once an Eskimos Always an Eskimo.... you will be dearly missed.

vCash

Still in shock. I will always remember sitting in my seat in '02 thinking "Who the hell is Ricky Ray???" and soon found out that Ricky Ray is a WINNER! Good luck in TO Ricky, I'll miss you dearly.

vCash

Ricky Ray was and IS worth a hell of alot more to a team than what he was traded for.

Thank you for all of the football that you provided us, the fans, for 9 years. Thank you for being the team player and taking more hits than any other Eskimo player i've seen in all that time. Thank you to #15, you will be in the Hall of Fame for all of your accomplishments as an Edmonton Eskimo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KristjanCFL View Post
    Ricky Ray was and IS worth a hell of alot more to a team than what he was traded for.

Thank you for all of the football that you provided us, the fans, for 9 years. Thank you for being the team player and taking more hits than any other Eskimo player i've seen in all that time. Thank you to #15, you will be in the Hall of Fame for all of your accomplishments as an Edmonton Eskimo, something that will never happen to ET.
    Fixed.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Well if this doesnèt just make for a crappy week. My boss, Senator Tommy Banks retires and Ray gets unceremoniously shipped off to Toronto. I just got an Autographed Ricky Ray jersey for my birthday last month too. Go figure. Mr. Ray, you have honoured the Eskimos name with your grace, professionalism and demeanor. Toronto can only benefit from your being in their huddle. I truly hope the fans appreciate you as much as we faithful have.
    The only benefit from this is that Ièll be able to actually watch you play live as opposed to sitting by myself at home, late at night now.
    I want to believe that this is for the benefit of the team but I'm having trouble keepig the faith on this one. Dumping a quality person for the sake of a few bucks doesn't seem to be the Eskimo way.
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

vCash

Thanks for everything, Ricky! You were a tremendous example, both on and off the field. I wish you were going to retire an Esk. I wish you nothing but success in TO!

vCash

Thank you Ricky Ray for 9 years of exceptional service with the Edmonton Eskimos. I've been priviledged enough to watch you become a multiple Grey Cup champion, a Grey Cup MVP, a sure fire Hall and Wall of Famer, and one of the greatest players to ever slide on the green and gold jersey. I still hold out hope that one day you will retire an Eskimo, even if just on a one day contract, and will enter the hall as an Eskimo.

All of the best of luck in Toronto. I always felt that no matter what, the Eskimos had a chance to win because you were our quarterback. I'm sure I'm not the only one, and that feeling hasn't changed. Your class, demeanour, and professionalism will dearly be missed as the face of the Eskimo franchise.

vCash

I've watched every game RR has played in Commonwealth Stadium, from the seats. I've seen numerous games he played in other stadiums, too. I never expected this to happen. It really seems strange. I always thought the Esks had a chance, in every single game. As long as he was playing. I wish the deal had never been made.

TY for all the great times, and memories. Especially the 2002, 2003, 2005, and 2011 seasons. Best of luck in Toronto.

vCash

Thank you for beating us (als) in 2003 and 2005. That was the dinner we had to eat in order to win back to back in '09-10. Looking forward to Ray vs. Calvillo in the east for a change.
    Grey Cup 103. Graduation day

vCash

Rick was a baller and an eskimo. bone
    Homie Don't Play That

vCash

B.O.N.E.