Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barker spill details on Ray trade

vCash
    Blog Entries

Link Barker spill details on Ray trade

"No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Re: Barker spill details on Ray trade

Can't read it. The trade & all the circumstances around it still make me want to vomit.

vCash

It sure doesn't sound like Barker "worked his ass off" to get this deal done. Tillman fell all over himself to trade Ray by the sounds of it because of his man crush on Jyles. Thanks for posting the link. Now I'm all pissed off again!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Yeah...worked his ass off all right. Smug son of a b!tch...
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Old hamhocks certainly has a lot ass to work off but he sure as hell didn't have to work much if it off on this deal!
    As time goes on, I'm sure we will hear the names of the Argos that ET first wanted from Barker.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Yeah...worked his ass off all right. Smug son of a b!tch...
    I'd be smug too if I'd been able to make that deal. It'll go down as the most one-sided deal any GM has ever made in this league. "Fleecing" doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Tillman was always a big fan of SJ. Pure entertainment. He would stop at nothing to get him when a 3rd round pick might suffice.

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

It really is enough to make any Eskimo fan puke.

Except for those Tillman lovers, they can help wear this too IMO...
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post

They've gone AWOL, shockingly.

What a load of crap from Barker.

The only good thing about that article is Barker admitting that he played Tillman against his own idiotic ideals of not having a good QB and having a crush on Jyles.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

oh **** you Barker... you did nothing to warrant the pat on your back and you know it.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    They've gone AWOL, shockingly.

What a load of crap from Barker.

The only good thing about that article is Barker admitting that he played Tillman against his own idiotic ideals of not having a good QB and having a crush on Jyles.

Not shocking at all, really
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

All this article does is remind me how much I hate Eric Tillman.

vCash

while reading on HF Boards i've seen some MG posts....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    oh **** you Barker... you did nothing to warrant the pat on your back and you know it.
    He put down the Jenny Craig recipe book and made a call.

vCash

if we would have asked for owens boyd and a pick for ray... then they said no....

u would then say.. thats what we think ray is worth i need 2 of those three.. i just dont know how u say, shaw jyles and a pick is worth the same

i`m sure i heard we wanted boyd, but they wouldnt part. turns out the argos couldnt afford him afterwards anyhow.

vCash

You would have needed a starting NI lineman to even begin to make that deal workable. The fact that the trade did nothing to fix any of the most obvious weaknesses on this club, should have set alarm bells off in ketchup boy's head
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

That article shows just how 'disengenious' Tillman was about the whole trade. He comes out and says that the Argos kept coming back to him two, three times sweetening the pot before he would make the deal. A lot of us found the tough to believe when hearing what we got. The article suggests he may have asked for something decent to start but the the Argos turned him down and he folded like a cheap suit.

vCash

Was there any doubt
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash

It's obvious that Tillman's priority was to get Ray out of here. Any GM worth his salt should have known that he held ALL the cards, and basically been able to name his price.

Funny thing is that Sonic would go on to remind everyone who would listen about his history in trading top QBs...when ultimately that past history was used against him by Barker.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

You would have needed a starting NI lineman to even begin to make that deal workable. The fact that the trade did nothing to fix any of the most obvious weaknesses on this club, should have set alarm bells off in ketchup boy's head
    you'd think... but alas it didnt and now we be screwed for who knows how long, while we get to painfully watch Ray roll in Toronto.

vCash

It must be driving Tillman nuts as he sits out there while everyone "outs" him on his tenure at the Esks and regarding the Ray trade!

vCash

It's obvious that Tillman's priority was to get Ray out of here. Any GM worth his salt should have known that he held ALL the cards, and basically been able to name his price.

Funny thing is that Sonic would go on to remind everyone who would listen about his history in trading top QBs...when ultimately that past history was used against him by Barker.

He really fooked us over but good. One thing that irks me is he keeps referring to those other QBs as "elite" QBs. IMO they arent. Sure they had one - few good seasons but that does not make them elite at all. Elite to me speaks longevity. Aka Ray. Ray is on a completely different level than those other QBs, and while the transition he had from trading those other QBs was smooth, trading a HALL OF FAMER, can't say that about the other ones, was beyond retarded. Ray is Elite. They are not.

Other sports leagues head office can veto trades, if there ever was one to veto in the CFL, this would have been the no brainer choice. Too bad the CFL doesn't have that rule. It would have really helped out my liver

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    He really fooked us over but good. One thing that irks me is he keeps referring to those other QBs as "elite" QBs. IMO they arent. Sure they had one - few good seasons but that does not make them elite at all. Elite to me speaks longevity. Aka Ray. Ray is on a completely different level than those other QBs, and while the transition he had from trading those other QBs was smooth, trading a HALL OF FAMER, can't say that about the other ones, was beyond retarded. Ray is Elite. They are not.

Other sports leagues head office can veto trades, if there ever was one to veto in the CFL, this would have been the no brainer choice. Too bad the CFL doesn't have that rule. It would have really helped out my liver

No question, a QB of Ray's status should have garnered return much like Dunigan for example gained.

vCash

This article and comments from Barker look and sound like hes trying his hardest to save his job and get a new contract extension which he hasnt got yet.
    A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." Michael Delaney AKA- Steve McQueen

vCash

Tillman is no doubt laying in the weeds, just waiting for the chance to re-tell his story to some unsuspecting journalist who is willing to approach him about it. Lets hope that day never comes because there is NO amount of Tillspin that could ever make sense.....

vCash

The biggest problem NOW is that ketchup boy didn't/ doesn't know the value of certain positional players. If he did, there is no way this trade would have happened in the form that it did.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Tillman is no doubt laying in the weeds, just waiting for the chance to re-tell his story to some unsuspecting journalist who is willing to approach him about it. Lets hope that day never comes because there is NO amount of Tillspin that could ever make sense.....
    He'll go through Naylor or Madani or someone out east he's used as a conduit to leak info through over the years. He's been tarred and feathered here
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    Blog Entries

I have no doubts that as early as tomorrow he will be seeking somebody out who will print exactly what he wants to say.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham