Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Season - Official Transactions Thread

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 Season - Official Transactions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by green&gold guy View Post
    According to the pre-game depth chart, Burnett and White are the kick returners for tomorrow's game. Hopefully White will have a good return or two to give Kavis enough confidence to use him on punt returns as well saving Burnett the wear and tear.
    I also hope that he doesn't lose the ball like he did in Week 1.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

guess it meant taking white off to put livas on??

not a fan of burnett doing it... getting injured on these returns..

lets see what white can do.. imho he is wearing the wrong pads for returner .. that would be the first thing..
    Last edited by cmbuk; 07-13-2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: spelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    Saw livas and crawford play and liked tristan jackson better. Surprised you guys havent picked him up yet.
    t-jax just hasnt got it anymore..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Ratio or not...it's something that needs to be fixed sooner than later. Having Charles or Burnett doing it worries me that they'll get clipped and then we're needing to find someone to replace them as well as a returner. Granted, we need to get some blocking schemes that actually open some holes before it's that big of a deal anyways.
    personally i`d see what the cats want for walker.. rb and kick returner.. he clearly has fell down the pecking order behind gable.. and i remember him doing the return jobs in hammy last year.. plus thats a heck of a back up to hugh.. keep white on the pr..

thats what i would look at..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    personally i`d see what the cats want for walker.. rb and kick returner.. he clearly has fell down the pecking order behind gable.. and i remember him doing the return jobs in hammy last year.. plus thats a heck of a back up to hugh.. keep white on the pr..

Too much of a good idea for this GM or coach... they will ride Charles and Burnett until one of them is injured!
    undefined

The Moz'

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Sigh...

Does anyone think that Hamilton is going to give him away for nothing?

If they were, they would have released him long before now.

So, before going on about getting Williams in here for the balance of this year only, just what do you think they will want in return? Now whatever you guess, chances are that it's not likely enough.

Considering everyone is going to lose some good players to Ottawa next year, you still think we need to do a deal?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    Sigh...

Does anyone think that Hamilton is going to give him away for nothing?

If they were, they would have released him long before now.

So, before going on about getting Williams in here for the balance of this year only, just what do you think they will want in return? Now whatever you guess, chances are that it's not likely enough.

Considering everyone is going to lose some good players to Ottawa next year, you still think we need to do a deal?
    u would be surprised at what hammy want...
    same went for williams..

vCash

Judging by today's game vs Wpg, Gable is behind Walker on the depth chart. Unless something big happened late in the 2nd half (which i missed). Don't think they'll part with him st this point. ...although with ET you never know.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Judging by today's game vs Wpg, Gable is behind Walker on the depth chart. Unless something big happened late in the 2nd half (which i missed). Don't think they'll part with him st this point. ...although with ET you never know.
    havent watch the tabbies game.. but gable has been 1 all year.. maybe they switched it up.. i`ll watch the on demand at some point..

Super Moderator

vCash

u would be surprised at what hammy want...
    same went for williams..
    If you know, share.

Considering CW is willing to sit an entire year, I would guess he will take no less than NFL money upwards of 200k+...also considering he is unlikely going to sign another deal anyway (as all cfl contracts are min 1+1, and he wants the NFL next year), you can't do a drop and sign anyway.

Now consider that Hamilton has resigned themselves to play hardball with the kid, it would take a home run for them to let him go.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

John Mckinnon retweeted something just before kickoff that indicated that Shea Pierre had been released. Haven't seen any other confirmation, but if true, it's once again, very curious use of roster limits to give up on a Canadian kid that a few weeks back was being talked about as pushing Miller for the start with Alexander out. Can we not have just a few prospects hidden on the IR like every other freaking team?!?!
    Life is Good.

#PizStrong

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    John Mckinnon retweeted something just before kickoff that indicated that Shea Pierre had been released. Haven't seen any other confirmation, but if true, it's once again, very curious use of roster limits to give up on a Canadian kid that a few weeks back was being talked about as pushing Miller for the start with Alexander out. Can we not have just a few prospects hidden on the IR like every other freaking team?!?!
    If Ed is making a real crutial mistake, this might be it. It's one thing to take a different moral ground from what we saw the last couple years, but every team protects guys to some extent this way.

That said, there may be more to the story...

We heard a lot about how last year our player budget was shot to hell using this tactic. We do not know what kind of reigns EH is under in trying to reestablish this budget, or the plans for it. For all we know there could still be handcuffs money wise on what kind of payroll we have.

I have no idea, just throwing that out there.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    If you know, share.

Considering CW is willing to sit an entire year, I would guess he will take no less than NFL money upwards of 200k+...also considering he is unlikely going to sign another deal anyway (as all cfl contracts are min 1+1, and he wants the NFL next year), you can't do a drop and sign anyway.

Now consider that Hamilton has resigned themselves to play hardball with the kid, it would take a home run for them to let him go.
    cant do that.. my guy would not be happy ..

lets just say the guys hammy wanted the pretty much got for free anyways

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    agree......

vCash

cant do that.. my guy would not be happy ..

lets just say the guys hammy wanted the pretty much got for free anyways
    ffs. unbelievable!

vCash

If this is a case of EH wanting to maintain a "higher moral standard" rather than helping the team by using a grey area in the rules, then shame on him. Smart GM's around the league are hiding players on the 9-game for a reason and if we choose not to use the same advantage, then that makes the Esks the sprinter running 10.5 seconds clean while the rest of the field is sub-10 and on every PED known to man (metaphorically speaking).

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

we had 14 extra bodies here last year that amounted to jack squat...

When we decide to tweak the roster, it will be done with the idea that the ones we want to be here will be capable of stepping in and playing straight away, not be a rep taker in practice and nothing else
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    we had 14 extra bodies here last year that amounted to jack squat...

When we decide to tweak the roster, it will be done with the idea that the ones we want to be here will be capable of stepping in and playing straight away, not be a rep taker in practice and nothing else
    devils advocate.. but could these bodies be used in practice... we have a smaller squad and injured guys...
    just thinkin aloud

vCash

I want the guys who are playing, guys who have proven they have the talent to start, who are still young, to develop as a unit, instead of having valuable practice time taken away by guys who contribute nothing. It's not like they go as hard in week to week prep as they do during 2-a-days
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Besides, we went through several years of the bloated roster theory starting with DM and expanding with loogie, and what did it bring us?
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

I'm not saying there's a right and wrong.. Clearer tillmans bloated rosters are to much but given the injury worries of the bombers who had 10 I think on pr and maybe us if we take in rest days and injuries..
    Should we have more than 7 I guess I'm sayin

Cfl rosters are not that big to start with..

vCash

My guess is we will see more bodies here once we get to the point where mini camp cuts etc begin down south. That said just because you find a guy you like, doesn't mean they jump at the chance to come. We chased Howard for 2 years, for example
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    My guess is we will see more bodies here once we get to the point where mini camp cuts etc begin down south. That said just because you find a guy you like, doesn't mean they jump at the chance to come. We chased Howard for 2 years, for example
    Shouldn't have been that hard to catch with his wonky hammy
    #PizStrong

vCash

- Dan Kepley

vCash

- Dan Kepley

vCash

Doesn't really matter which players we sign I'm convinced our OC and DC could f*** up a glass of water and a cheese sandwich but nice to see they're at least bringing more players in to throw at the wall and see what sticks.

vCash

http://www.cfl.ca/article/great-for-...sion-with-esks

Esks ink Coehoorn to extension through 2015!
    Think everyone will be happy with this news.

Also esks sign an import DB to the practice roster. Probably expected to add to that position since the Grymes injury.

vCash

- Dan Kepley

vCash

Who knows, he might turn out to be another Weldon Brown.

vCash

I suspect he's one of the returners we've been waiting on
    - Dan Kepley