Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: We Have Cancer

vCash

Re: We Have Cancer

Haven't been feeling well for a while with a lack of breath. Had a CT scan last week and I couldn't walk myself into the hospital. Saw the Doc yesterday to get the results. Scan showed increase in cancer nodules and fluid around the lungs. So a different chemo therepy is going to be attempted and a same day appointment was initiated to 'tap' the lung sac and drain the fluid. Last time it took almost a week to set this up, but yesterday only a few hours. The power of an Oncolgy doctor!!!
    They drained 1.15 litres of fluid that looks like diarrhia. When that was done I had a sore shoulder and chest. Why?
    My lungs were expanding back to where they were supposed to be. Felt great.
    So, new chemo, lungs drained and oxygen set up in the house for use mostly in the future, I hope. We'll see how long I can run the the new circumstances.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    Haven't been feeling well for a while with a lack of breath. Had a CT scan last week and I couldn't walk myself into the hospital. Saw the Doc yesterday to get the results. Scan showed increase in cancer nodules and fluid around the lungs. So a different chemo therepy is going to be attempted and a same day appointment was initiated to 'tap' the lung sac and drain the fluid. Last time it took almost a week to set this up, but yesterday only a few hours. The power of an Oncolgy doctor!!!
    They drained 1.15 litres of fluid that looks like diarrhia. When that was done I had a sore shoulder and chest. Why?
    So, new chemo, lungs drained and oxygen set up in the house for use mostly in the future, I hope. We'll see how long I can run the the new circumstances.
    thanks for the update Piz, we're all praying for ya
    #PizStrong

vCash

That must have been scary as sh.. seeing all that gunky fluid pumped outta your lungs. I'm so glad you are breathing better now. I hope this new chemo does the trick and keeps your lungs clear. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm sure it was not the way you wanted to spend your birthday, but at least it got dealt with quickly.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Good to hear you are feeling better. Hope everything goes well for you.

vCash

Sorry to read this, Pizmo.
    Very glad though that your doctor seems on top of things and you are feeling a bit better.

vCash

Hang in there. Glad to hear you're being well cared for and hope the chemo does what it should.
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

thanks y'all
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

treatment not really chemo but a hormone booster to have the body build up its own cancer cell killers. 2 treatment so far and feeling fine with no side effects.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

treatment not really chemo but a hormone booster to have the body build up its own cancer cell killers. 2 treatment so far and feeling fine with no side effects.
    Thanks for the update, piz. Nice to hear things are going well.

vCash

Where's that "Incredible Hulk" juice that Bill Bixby discovered way back in the 70's? That'd probably kick the snot out of this thing. Plus you could probably play linebacker for the Esks.
    Seriously Piz - great to hear that you are taking to the new meds well. Hopefully this does what it needs to do.
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Wishing nothing but the best for you.

vCash

like immunotherapy?
    Positive thoughts for you
    In Rod we trust

vCash

“ ... feeling fine with no side effects. “ certainly sounds good, Pizmo.
    Fingers crossed for you.

vCash

cat scan on May 1 showed one shadow going away and one tumour maybe getting a little larger on the left lung. Right lung no change. Nauseous for the last 1 1/2 months attributed to the treatment. So on we go for now.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

cat scan on May 1 showed one shadow going away and one tumour maybe getting a little larger on the left lung. Right lung no change. Nauseous for the last 1 1/2 months attributed to the treatment. So on we go for now.
    Keep hanging in there, piz. Give the new treatment time. Thanks for the update, been wondering how things were going.

vCash

Thanks for the update piz. Hopefully the treatment does it's thing and hopefully some football on TV soon helps you feel better and able to deal with all the nausea.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Thanks for the update piz. Hopefully the treatment does it's thing and hopefully some football on TV soon helps you feel better and able to deal with all the nausea.
    Not if we play like we did at the end of the season it won't
    #PizStrong

vCash

Hour by hour, day by day, we get through things. Please let us know how treatments are progressing, Pizmo.

vCash

Nausea is not myI friend. lost 5 lb the last week and can't seem to keep solid food down. few more days of this and I might have to go to hospital.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

5h1t piz, I am really feeling for you. I wish there was something I could say or do to help you. Stay tough.

vCash

Nausea is not myI friend. lost 5 lb the last week and can't seem to keep solid food down. few more days of this and I might have to go to hospital.
    Sorry to hear this, piz. Wishing a big upturn for you. As Hugo said "stay tough", hopefully last week is just a bump in the road and things smooth out.

vCash

I had the same reaction seeing Reilly in a Lions jersey.

But seriously piz, we're praying for you...!
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

shoot, keep us updated piz
    #PizStrong

vCash

You survived Danny Maciocia, Piz, so you know you're tough. Hang in there, buddy.
    Last edited by Moon1; 06-18-2019 at 05:48 AM.

vCash

Sorry to hear this Piz keep fighting you are in our Prayers.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    You survived Danny Maciocia, Piz, so you know your tough. Hang in there, buddy.
    Hell, he survived Sam Lyle, "Nice Neill" Armstrong and Pete "Kettela the Hun". Piz has got this!
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Maybe you should stop by the Esks' dressing room. According to Sean Whyte, they seem to have figured out how to get rid of cancer.

But seriously, keep fighting, Piz.

vCash

back from the hospital this aft after getting 2l of hydration. haven't been able to keep solid food down and any liquid for almost two weeks. lost about 20 lb and very weak. After treatment today had some lasagna and so far keeping it down. feels good. treatment delayed two weeks ago and delayed again for tomorrow. we'll see what happens. year ago 250 lb today 170, who needs a diet.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Keep up the fight piz!

vCash

We're behind you!
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Thanks for the update, piz. Happy to hear the lasagna stuck. That must have been a relief. Good luck with the upcoming treatment.