Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatchewan Meltdown - A Thread Dedicated to the Demise of the Greenwhites

vCash

Re: Saskatchewan Meltdown - A Thread Dedicated to the Demise of the Greenwhites

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Agreed, if they were getting their butts handed to them I might not feel that this thread will come back to bite us but in reality they are only a few plays away from being 3-0 or in reality should be at least 2-1
    Or a few minutes, depending on how you look at it.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Didn't they go 0-5 to start the season last time they bought the Cup?
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Didn't they go 0-5 to start the season last time they bought the Cup?
    Wasn't that the lions?

Who proceeded to come to CW and hold us to a single and as ass kicking ?

And eventually took Kavis' bike and prob sold it on eBay

vCash
    Blog Entries

Yes, that was the Lions in 2011 - same year that we started 5-0.

The Greenwhites won 7 straight or something like that in 2013 before finishing with an 11-7 record and finishing 2nd in the West.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

A metaphor for the final two minutes of recent greenwhite games, the perspective from Saskatoon:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...-bin-1.3151574
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Let's just remove the thread. I would like to think we have a little more class than this.
    I think we should make it a sticky. I am loving this 0-4 start almost as much as the shut-out win we had over the inbreds last year.

Rider fans can line up and kiss my heiny!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muley69 View Post
    What's the coles notes of what happened in the GREENWHITES game? I went to bed before it ended.
    They sucked.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

I *still* wouldn't write the greenies off too quickly. Every game has been a thriller, and they've been able to put up yards and points almost at will. Treat the wheaties lightly at your peril.

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    I think we should make it a sticky. I am loving this 0-4 start almost as much as the shut-out win we had over the inbreds last year.

Rider fans can line up and kiss my heiny!

- - - Updated - - -

They sucked.
    New Nanookster power rankings sometime soon?
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

I'm just sick and tired about hearing the TSN guys go on and on about Sask and their woes........... LIKE THERE IS NO OTHER FU$%^&#&%^ TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THAT ISN"T FACING ADVERSITY! Even last night, granted the Esks didn't exactly shine, these buffoons went on and on about Ottawa and other teams. And the Esks " oh yeah they squeaked it out but wow did they ever blow a lot of opportunities"....

WTF do the Esks need to do to get some freakin' respect from the media and this league???????

I miss the early 80's when EVEYBODY hated us...... at least we were noticed!!!!!!!!!!!!
    undefined

The Moz'

vCash

There are two ways for a sports team to be hated: win or be obnoxious. The Esks are currently a lot closer to pity than hate thanks to a decade of DM / ET. Change it by winning, wearing watermelons, or a combination thereof.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskimoses View Post
    I'm just sick and tired about hearing the TSN guys go on and on about Sask and their woes........... LIKE THERE IS NO OTHER FU$%^&#&%^ TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THAT ISN"T FACING ADVERSITY! Even last night, granted the Esks didn't exactly shine, these buffoons went on and on about Ottawa and other teams. And the Esks " oh yeah they squeaked it out but wow did they ever blow a lot of opportunities"....

WTF do the Esks need to do to get some freakin' respect from the media and this league???????

I miss the early 80's when EVEYBODY hated us...... at least we were noticed!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everybody hates Chris

Just to add to your rant.. what about the Burris cheering section that Shultz and Stegal where doing at the half? We get it.. you hate the Esks... Personally I wouldn't have people on a CFL panel that can't put personal vendettas against teams on a National Broadcast panel.

vCash

I didn't watch half time...how can a panel get excited about Burris when the team scored precisely 3 points in the first half?

vCash

Man, our game didn't even get a single mention in Monday Morning QB last week. I claim whining rights!!!!
    R.I.P. Coach Harris

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
    Man, our game didn't even get a single mention in Monday Morning QB last week. I claim whining rights!!!!
    Bombers are playing today? Who knew?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Bombers are playing today? Who knew?
    What's a Bomber?

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BaronAmongYou View Post
    What's a Bomber?
    Canadian Football's reign at Portage and Main that happened often with Ploen.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Some fun quotes to enjoy from RF:

This organization right now has no answers, no planning and no direction.

Anyone hear anything from the new President lately, or is he just watching the money flow in on th business side and completely oblivious to the football side. You know the side that matters.
    Taman's career numbers are 83 wins, 100 losses and 1 tie.

Yes, we are celebrating his 100th regular season loss...At-a-boy Taman...that must be a CFL record. That his who Brendan Taman is. Sadly we are getting exactly what we signed up for. His numbers have always been below 50%. We should have known better.
    Where are all the; "In Taman We Trust" guys and gals?

I bemoaned his short comings before he was hired as the GM, I was assured(inside source) at the time that he wouldn't be hired. That the BoD knew he wasn't the guy.. But something happened(Hoppy Pressure)..

So here we are today. 0-4, still paying player contracts on a grey Cup team from 2 years ago and being told by the head coach that he is Great.

Taman has always been a feather weight in the world of Pro sports, and so this week we get to toast his 100th loss..

Here is to Taman, may he learn to use a napkin for it's intended purpose..
    It is obviously we paid a lot to win in 2013. And we are still paying to this day. How much is too much?
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

There's a lot of panicking over there, but also give a few posters credit for rational thought. One post I just read that gained my respect (though no one picked up on it) was this:

Seriously, though. We cheated to win, at all costs, in '13. Anyone saying otherwise, is delusional. You remember the posts don't you ? " I would break the cap all day, everyday, to witness another Cup win at home. " Did you really think there would be no repercussions ?

It really is kind of hard to justify any hate towards mgmt. They did exactly what we demanded. Now we are paying the price. What about this concept is not completely black, and white ?

We bought the groceries. Chose our chef. And had our meal cooked to perfection. We all said it was " the best meal I've ever had. " But, when the check comes. We don't want to pay the bill ?

I watched a documentary on Lance Armstrong the other night. Funny how life, and sports just keep justifying cheating to reach your goals. At all costs. Then when you are expected to play on a level playing field. It all falls apart.

A lynch mob. For whom ? Every person that condoned, or at least turned a blind eye to our cheating ? You can't ever have your cake and eat it too. Unless, you are just that morally bankrupt.

Which side of this basic argument do you want to belong to ?
    Now, I wouldn't go so far as to call what the greenwhites did in 2013 "cheating". It was within the rules, as far as I know. But it seems there are fans over there who do realize that they're paying now for a huge loan they took out two years ago.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Now, I wouldn't go so far as to call what the greenwhites did in 2013 "cheating". It was within the rules, as far as I know. But it seems there are fans over there who do realize that they're paying now for a huge loan they took out two years ago.

vCash

Still worth it!

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Whoa! Easy there King of Esksfans. Didn't know Diesel was the be all and end all of this website.
    OK14 can post whatever he wants to post. So can anyone for that matter.
    You guys get your panties in a knot over such stupid things on this site. Calm down! It's a God damn fan website, where people are free to post what they want. Don't like it, don't post in it!
    Well...that's not entiry true.

We give pretty free reign, but you are under moderation. So no, you're not completely free to post whatever you want exactly.

Ang owns this site, and he does keep a police force.

So really...if their was a King of Esksfans, Angelus is the reigning monarch...alongside Queen Frito's Fan (but she is as scarce as can be these days)
    Last edited by Opus; 07-19-2015 at 10:30 PM.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskimoses View Post

I don't mind all the media attention on the Riders problems. Sounds, really, really good.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    Well...that's not entiry true.

We give pretty free reign, but you are under moderation. So no, you're not completely free to post whatever you want exactly.

Ang owns this site, and he does keep a police force.

So really...if their was a King of Esksfans, Angelus is the reigning monarch...alongside Queen Frito's Fan (but she is as scarce as can be these days)
    I stand by what I said. Comparing posters on a fan website to one another is laughable.
    I get what you're saying too but I just didn't like how that post came off. Not fair to make someone stand out above someone else on a website where fans can post what they want, within reason. And this thread is a reasonable thread. No nudity, vulgar language, etc.

Just my two cents.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Seeing the wheatard schadenfreude over there made my morning
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

I am shocked that the Riders are 0-4. I know Glenn is a QB that you can't win a championship with and will throw a pick at key times sometimes but he's playing really well plus they have the the 1st and 3rd best rusher. Looks good on them.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am shocked that the Riders are 0-4. I know Glenn is a QB that you can't win a championship with and will throw a pick at key times sometimes but he's playing really well plus they have the the 1st and 3rd best rusher. Looks good on them.
    Hes looked much better than Durant has played the last few years. They arent all that far apart in age either so when they inevitably go back to Drurant next season I will laugh. As long as Glenn stays healthy this yr Id take him over a Durant coming off an elbow injury and ruptured achilles.

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

There's a pretty classic knock knock meme floating around this week.

Picture this on top of their logo:
    Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Owen
    Owen who?
    O and four bitches!
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

Just gonna put this here (the forum won't let me embed it):

https://i.imgur.com/iaqLwwR.png

vCash

greenwhites just decided to sit out Taj Smith for the rest of the year. No reason was given as of yet.

http://www.tsn.ca/roughriders-decide...eason-1.334586

vCash
    Blog Entries

And Smith is off the ir too.

Crud...