Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Champions!

vCash

Re: Champions!

If you're on twitter and you get a chance this Friday, please take the time to wish this little guy a very happy birthday!
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Thought others might enjoy this article on the 42nd anniversary of Warren Moon signing with the esks..I know I sure did...https://www.cfl.ca/2020/04/13/moon-l...-42-years-ago/
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash

vCash

Nicely done by the Esks and all who wished Tenneson a happy birthday!

vCash

Hey everybody, if you don't own this - it is well worth the price at full, but getting it for 99 bucks makes it even sweeter.
    I know funds are tight for a lot of people, but if you can afford this, you won't regret it.

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Hey everybody, if you don't own this - it is well worth the price at full, but getting it for 99 bucks makes it even sweeter.
    I know funds are tight for a lot of people, but if you can afford this, you won't regret it.
    Thanks. Looking forward to the great read.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Thanks Hugo! Just ordered my copy. Have wanted this for awhile but could never justify it at full price but for $99 + shipping and tax its a no brainer IMO.

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

It's a great book; it was definitely pricey when it first came out, but this thing is massive, and at such a short print run, likely costs a fortune to make in the first place, not including paying Jones for writing it and sourcing the photos. It's not only a coffee table book, but stick some legs on it, it could BE a Coffee table.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    It's a great book; it was definitely pricey when it first came out, but this thing is massive, and at such a short print run, likely costs a fortune to make in the first place, not including paying Jones for writing it and sourcing the photos. It's not only a coffee table book, but stick some legs on it, it could BE a Coffee table.
    Obligatory clip
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

- - - Updated - - -

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Joins an elite group. Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders and Neill Armstrong.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Joins an elite group. Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders and Neill Armstrong.
    No love for Charlie Weatherbie?!
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

No love for Charlie Weatherbie?!
    Better coach than player. Can't remember him as a CFL player.

vCash

Better coach than player. Can't remember him as a CFL player.
    Weatherbie backed up Warren Moon and Wilkie in 1979 during training camp and the pre-season, and was one of the last cuts on July 6, 4 days before the season started.
    He was a legend!

Another Eskimo who was ACTUALLY good from Oklahoma State was Dale Meinert (it was Oklahoma A&M back then). Only played with us in 1955, but a little birdie told me that he was as tough as nails, and had a solid career down south after us.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

Weatherbie backed up Warren Moon and Wilkie in 1979 during training camp and the pre-season, and was one of the last cuts on July 6, 4 days before the season started.
    He was a legend!

Another Eskimo who was ACTUALLY good from Oklahoma State was Dale Meinert (it was Oklahoma A&M back then). Only played with us in 1955, but a little birdie told me that he was as tough as nails, and had a solid career down south after us.
    Thanks, Mike. I knew he kicked around the CFL for a short time but had no memory of him with us. Meinert is another story. Had Sam Huff and Dick Butkus toughness for sure.

vCash

Thanks, Mike. I knew he kicked around the CFL for a short time but had no memory of him with us. Meinert is another story. Had Sam Huff and Dick Butkus toughness for sure.
    Oklahoma A&M was infamous as the "other team" during the Johnny Bright Incident in 1951, where A&M's Wilbanks Smith repeatedly assaulted Bright, breaking his jaw in the process, whether he had the ball or not. OSU didn't formally apologize until 2005, nearly 22 years after Bright passed away.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

vCash

vCash

These folks really are the definition of "hero". Thanks for posting these, Hugo!
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

vCash
    Blog Entries

A short piece on the five in a row team that i thought i would post here in case others would like to read...https://www.cfl.ca/2020/05/14/oleary...on-last-dance/
    Last edited by adb; 05-15-2020 at 09:27 AM.

vCash

Lots of people in different roles have been on the front lines trying to keep things as normal as possible for us all.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Great interview with Warren Moon on JG show. Especially regarding his early years...https://the-jason-gregor-show-websit.../MoonJune1.mp3

vCash
    Blog Entries

I actually got to work with her at a particular community before I moved down south. Great worker and a great person.
    Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

vCash