Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 421 to 432 of 432

Thread: Champions!

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,414
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    558

    Re: Champions!


    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,773
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    129

    Re: Champions!

    That’s a lot of money to go back into kids football!!

    Credit where it’s due!

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    2,890
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Champions!

    Sure. That part's great.

    But thank god it's his last day. Let's just call a spade a spade. A potential dynasty has become a retooling project under his watch because of his decision making.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,357
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Champions!

    One last photo op for the weasel Rhodent!
    Why couldn’t they wait one more day for this announcement & let someone else do it?

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,349
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Champions!

    I don’t like the wording they used in this announcement. Reminds me of a corporation that collects money for its customers and then says how much money they are giving to charity.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    529
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Champions!

    No comment on some of the people in the photo, but good for the Esks' in general. Hopefully all or most of that money is going where it's needed rather than "other places".

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,155
    vCash
    27620
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: Champions!

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I don’t like the wording they used in this announcement. Reminds me of a corporation that collects money for its customers and then says how much money they are giving to charity.
    I agree. The only part that Len deserves any credit for is the growth in the pot due to making the whole thing electronic... and even then, it would have come about in time anyways. Possibly got it in place a year or two earlier with some foresight.

    This is, more so, an accomplishment of the fans attending games rather than the club or any one person. Good on them for being a facilitator of it, and it's nice to see the funds flowing to support all levels of minor football in and around Edmonton.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,319
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Champions!

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I agree. The only part that Len deserves any credit for is the growth in the pot due to making the whole thing electronic... and even then, it would have come about in time anyways. Possibly got it in place a year or two earlier with some foresight.

    This is, more so, an accomplishment of the fans attending games rather than the club or any one person. Good on them for being a facilitator of it, and it's nice to see the funds flowing to support all levels of minor football in and around Edmonton.
    Agreed but let's focus on the positive of it, that's a lot of cabbage for amateur football.
    and by amateur football I mean youth football not the Riders offence.
    In Rod we trust

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,155
    vCash
    27620
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: Champions!

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Agreed but let's focus on the positive of it, that's a lot of cabbage for amateur football.
    and by amateur football I mean youth football not the Riders offence.
    100% agreed - lots of positive in the result.

    The Edmonton 50/50 draws are talked about all over the league, and no other club comes close to the results. They outpace other cities by far more than the crowd size difference would explain, and through the past 5 years when the Edmonton economy hasn't exactly been booming.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,319
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Champions!

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    100% agreed - lots of positive in the result.

    The Edmonton 50/50 draws are talked about all over the league, and no other club comes close to the results. They outpace other cities by far more than the crowd size difference would explain, and through the past 5 years when the Edmonton economy hasn't exactly been booming.
    which means Edmontonians are compulsive gamblers with morals which is better than a compulsive gambler with no morals I guess =)
    In Rod we trust

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,078
    vCash
    1000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Champions!

    Cool story...thought I would include it in the Champions thread because of the Natey Adjei connection.

    https://www.cfl.ca/2019/02/26/oleary...male-football/
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,078
    vCash
    1000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Champions!

    OK another cool story. Posting in this thread because of the Damon Allen connection. Two MVP winning Grey Cup performances for the Green and Gold. Still don't understand how this guy is not on the wall.

    https://www.cfl.ca/2019/02/22/black-...-of-black-qbs/
    Last edited by adb; 02-26-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •