Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Champions!

vCash

Re: Champions!

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

That’s a lot of money to go back into kids football!!

Credit where it’s due!

vCash

Sure. That part's great.

But thank god it's his last day. Let's just call a spade a spade. A potential dynasty has become a retooling project under his watch because of his decision making.

vCash

One last photo op for the weasel Rhodent!
    Why couldn’t they wait one more day for this announcement & let someone else do it?

vCash

I don’t like the wording they used in this announcement. Reminds me of a corporation that collects money for its customers and then says how much money they are giving to charity.

vCash

No comment on some of the people in the photo, but good for the Esks' in general. Hopefully all or most of that money is going where it's needed rather than "other places".

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I don’t like the wording they used in this announcement. Reminds me of a corporation that collects money for its customers and then says how much money they are giving to charity.
    I agree. The only part that Len deserves any credit for is the growth in the pot due to making the whole thing electronic... and even then, it would have come about in time anyways. Possibly got it in place a year or two earlier with some foresight.

This is, more so, an accomplishment of the fans attending games rather than the club or any one person. Good on them for being a facilitator of it, and it's nice to see the funds flowing to support all levels of minor football in and around Edmonton.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I agree. The only part that Len deserves any credit for is the growth in the pot due to making the whole thing electronic... and even then, it would have come about in time anyways. Possibly got it in place a year or two earlier with some foresight.

This is, more so, an accomplishment of the fans attending games rather than the club or any one person. Good on them for being a facilitator of it, and it's nice to see the funds flowing to support all levels of minor football in and around Edmonton.
    Agreed but let's focus on the positive of it, that's a lot of cabbage for amateur football.
    and by amateur football I mean youth football not the Riders offence.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Agreed but let's focus on the positive of it, that's a lot of cabbage for amateur football.
    and by amateur football I mean youth football not the Riders offence.
    100% agreed - lots of positive in the result.

The Edmonton 50/50 draws are talked about all over the league, and no other club comes close to the results. They outpace other cities by far more than the crowd size difference would explain, and through the past 5 years when the Edmonton economy hasn't exactly been booming.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    100% agreed - lots of positive in the result.

The Edmonton 50/50 draws are talked about all over the league, and no other club comes close to the results. They outpace other cities by far more than the crowd size difference would explain, and through the past 5 years when the Edmonton economy hasn't exactly been booming.
    which means Edmontonians are compulsive gamblers with morals which is better than a compulsive gambler with no morals I guess =)
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

Cool story...thought I would include it in the Champions thread because of the Natey Adjei connection.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/02/26/oleary...male-football/
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash
    Blog Entries

OK another cool story. Posting in this thread because of the Damon Allen connection. Two MVP winning Grey Cup performances for the Green and Gold. Still don't understand how this guy is not on the wall.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/02/22/black-...-of-black-qbs/
    Last edited by adb; 02-26-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Very cool.

vCash

That is awesome!

vCash
    Blog Entries

I'd seen that at the games before, but never knew what was inside. Glad we finally got some access.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

my better half works for the Brick corporate office so I've been able to get inside during a game and see the kids in there. Absolutely amazing things they are doing - the smiles on those kids' faces is truly priceless.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

vCash

Happy Mother's Day to all the football Moms out there - you are the true champions!