Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Champions!

vCash

Re: Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    He Kepley and Dan Bass are my favourite Mlbs since I have been watching the team
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    He Kepley and Dan Bass are my favourite Mlbs since I have been watching the team
    and the greatest 3 LBs in Esks history, with apologies to AJ, Sherritt, Wruck, Al Ecuyer, Larry Dean and others.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    and the greatest 3 LBs in Esks history, with apologies to AJ, Sherritt, Wruck, Al Ecuyer, Larry Dean and others.
    Don't forget Dale Potter Leroy Blugh AJ Gass Stewart Hill Malvin Hunter and James Zachery. We have had a plethora of amazing Linebackers with our team
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Don't forget Dale Potter Leroy Blugh AJ Gass Stewart Hill Malvin Hunter and James Zachery. We have had a plethora of amazing Linebackers with our team
    I had AJ in my list, and I was looking more at MLB, admittedly.

James Zachery was a DT, and Stewart Hill and Mal Hunter were probably more known as rush ends on the DL, though they did play OLB in 3-4 sets.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

super nice guy
    In Rod we trust

vCash

It is the truth. Since it is quite likely that we've seen the last of the "Edmonton Eskimos" I wonder if we should have a thread to argue about the all-time team?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    It is the truth. Since it is quite likely that we've seen the last of the "Edmonton Eskimos" I wonder if we should have a thread to argue about the all-time team?
    Regardless of the potential name change, and possible CFL 3.0 formation, I think people will consider this an extension of the same team with a different name, much how the Montreal Alouettes and Concordes were, and the connections between the 3 Ottawa team names (four, if you count the Ottawa Senators football club of the 1920s).

We did a vote on the Ultimate Depth chart on our Podcast, having the fans get their say, and the best part was seeing a few of our own on here make the list. I'll post the final depth chart on here if people are interested, and it could be a good jumping off point for talking about what "they got right" or what "they got wrong".
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash
    Blog Entries

Regardless of the potential name change, and possible CFL 3.0 formation, I think people will consider this an extension of the same team with a different name, much how the Montreal Alouettes and Concordes were, and the connections between the 3 Ottawa team names (four, if you count the Ottawa Senators football club of the 1920s).

We did a vote on the Ultimate Depth chart on our Podcast, having the fans get their say, and the best part was seeing a few of our own on here make the list. I'll post the final depth chart on here if people are interested, and it could be a good jumping off point for talking about what "they got right" or what "they got wrong".
    The podcast roster was fantastic!!
    Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    The podcast roster was fantastic!!
    I think the fan vote was pretty solid as well.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

vCash

Know he retired a stamp.. but I though vaughn was bloody brilliant for us!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Know he retired a stamp.. but I though vaughn was bloody brilliant for us!
    One of my favourite guys. You knew when he caught the ball he was gonna get you extra yards.

vCash

Leroy Blugh was one of my favourite Eskimos of all-time as as Blake Marshall.

I recall that Marshall was an absolute beast who could get 4 yards just from his forward momentum.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Yes please post it here. would be a fun discussion to have. Thanks.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Here is the depth chart for the All-Time Eskimos as voted on by the fans.

The vote we had was from 1975 through 2019, and we did a separate one for 1949-1974.

Some familiar names in here for sure.

Last edited by 56Parkies; 07-14-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash
    Blog Entries

The vote we had was from 1975 through 2019, and we did a separate one for 1949-1974.

Definitely some familiar names in there! Dang... Knew I was in with a good group but good to see so many “classmates” on this list.
    Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Off the top of my head I'm good with most of it although I would personally place someone like Damon Allen or Tom Wilkinson in the 3rd QB spot. Would also like to see the 1949 - 74 depth chart if you wouldn't mind posting it. Mostly before my time but it would be fun to see some of the names.

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Off the top of my head I'm good with most of it although I would personally place someone like Damon Allen or Tom Wilkinson in the 3rd QB spot. Would also like to see the 1949 - 74 depth chart if you wouldn't mind posting it. Mostly before my time but it would be fun to see some of the names.
    Great to have several great players to choose from for sure. My own personal "Depth Chart" wouldn't have looked exactly like this as well, but this was voted on by fans of our Podcast, so everyone gets their say!

I'll put together the vintage one and post that as well for more of the Grey Beards out there.

For our polls as well, we did differentiate by OLB vs MLB, OT vs OG vs C, CB vs DHB vs S, etc. This is why you don't see someone like Danny Bass on the chart for example, where if we just said "pick 5 LB" instead of "pick 2 MLB and 3 OLB", odds are pretty good you might see 3 or 4 MLB on the list.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

Here is the vintage chart; this was not voted on, but was selected by myself and a few friends, including our pizmo before he passed, and turftoe27, along with a few other friends not on this board. I think that their input made this what it ended up being, but I'll let you all be the judge:

#PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash
    Blog Entries

Here is the vintage chart; this was not voted on, but was selected by myself and a few friends, including our pizmo before he passed, and turftoe27, along with a few other friends not on this board. I think that their input made this what it ended up being, but I'll let you all be the judge:

As I didn't see most of these players actually play I can't argue with any of the selections. The ones I did see though (Gasser, Lagrone, Forwick, Turner, Howes, Martin, McGowan, Wilkinson, Bell, Cutler, and Jauch as a coach) were all greats in my mind. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by adb; 07-15-2020 at 02:52 PM.

vCash
    Blog Entries

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    That was so awesome. Thanks for posting.