Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1179

Thread: Trump wins the President of the United States Election

vCash

Re: Trump wins the President of the United States Election

Screw you glen......

The biggest, toughest American soldier in the platoon in Eastern Europe limps in, badly injured.

His Captain yells, "Good Lord Corporal! What happened to you?"

"Well Captain", he says, wiping blood from his face, "I was out on watch, and I looked across the road. And I saw this Russian soldier, real big *******. And I looked at him, and he looked at me. So I started walking towards him, and he starting walking towards me. And we met in the middle of the road."

"And I said to him 'Putin is an evil, murdering, election cheating tyrant!"

"And he said to me, 'Trump is retarded, lying, spoiled rotten little baby!"

"While we were standing there shaking hands, we got hit by a truck."
    no phone and internet for 36 hrs due to windstorm. life was hell.

vCash

Now up to 6 confirmed pipe bombs sent to prominent Democrats

Clinton
    Obama
    Brennan
    Waters
    Holder
    Soros
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post

Clinton
    Obama
    Brennan
    Waters
    Holder
    Soros
    Quote Originally Posted by Future quote from Trump
    Maybe the Democrats set this all up themselves? Who knows?

vCash

You can now add Biden and Robert DeNiro to the list.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Some people like to argue just for the sake of hearing themselves talk/seeing their words out there... When you get something as divisive as Trump involved it's going to make tempers flare.
    Considering the last assassination attempt on a President was Reagan in the early 80's...I'd say we're due!
    Interesting that you keep coming back to this point. A little wishful thinking on your part perhaps?

- - - Updated - - -

Clinton
    Obama
    Brennan
    Waters
    Holder
    Soros
    My word! Did Trump do it?

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Anyone who continues to think that Trump has done a great job economically should think again. Trump's trade war with China has cost Americans Billions. The Dow has wiped all of its gains for the year at this point in the worst meltdown since the '08 crash.

The guy sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Interesting that you keep coming back to this point. A little wishful thinking on your part perhaps?

- - - Updated - - -

My word! Did Trump do it?

Miss the point all you want.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Future quote from Trump
    Maybe the Democrats set this all up themselves? Who knows?
    Not Trump.... yet. Just his mouthpieces: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/25/media...mbs/index.html

vCash

Trump supporters hear his rhetoric and think "it's okay, if the POTUS talks like this". That's the facts, Jack. Now we have bombs. It was inevitable.

vCash

We had multiple real attacks on conservative politicians in the States including a full on assassination attempt on a sitting congressman, DDS is correct, it was inevitable, but it's not the Trump supporters causing it. I'd strongly urge everyone not to jump to conclusion on these bombs, the whole story has not been told.

In other news the Dow Jones is up 300 point today, I guess the economy is doing pretty good again, right?. Quarterly GDP growth was 4.2%, jobs are up, and articles like this are getting published:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-global-growth

I'd rather have America's current year economy that any other in the civilized world.

vCash

Trump supporters hear his rhetoric and think "it's okay, if the POTUS talks like this". That's the facts, Jack.
    Ahhhh, the old "blame society/someone else" argument. "I couldn't help it! He made me do it." Well that's just nonsense.

Incidentally, did you not at one time adhere to the concept of individual responsibility? Are you now making exceptions when it comes to Trump because you don't like him and you now find it convenient to do so? Myself I don't sell out my underlying principles for the sake of momentary political expediency.

Last edited by Foxhound; 10-25-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Ahhhh, the old "blame society/someone else" argument. "I couldn't help it! He made me do it." Well that's just nonsense.

Incidentally, did you not at one time adhere to the concept of individual responsibility? Are you now making exceptions when it comes to Trump because you don't like him and you now find it convenient to do so? Myself I don't sell out my underlying principles for the sake of momentary political expediency.

Holy cow man put down the thesaurus...
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Holy cow man put down the thesaurus...
    from your quote, he seems to be very assiduous in the choice of his verbiage.....with emphasis on the first 3 letters.

vCash

Trump is visiting a class in an elementary school where they are talking about words and meanings. The teacher asks Trump if he would like to lead the class in a discussion of the word “tragedy”.

So he asks the class for an example of a tragedy. One little boy stands up and offers, “if my best friend who lives on a farm is playing in a field and a runaway tractor comes along and knocks him dead, that’d be a tragedy.”

“Not quite”, says Mr. Trump, “that would be an accident.”

A little girl raises her hand: “if a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy.”

“I’m afraid not,” explained the president. “That’s what we would call a great loss.”

The room goes silent. Trump searches the room. “Isn’t there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy? “

Finally at the back of the room, little Johnny raises his hand. In a quiet voice he says, “If Air Force One, carrying you was struck by a missile and blown to smithereens; that would be a tragedy.”

“Fantastic!” exclaimed Mr. Trump. “That’s right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?”

“Well’, said little Johnny, “because it sure as hell wouldn’t be a great loss and probably wouldn’t be an accident either.”

vCash

Trump's personal library accidentally burned down. It's a real tragedy since BOTH books were lost.

And he'd only finished coloring the first one.

vCash

President Trump was told there were at least 12 Brazilians in the migrant caravan headed to the Southern border...

Mr President turned to his Defense Secretary and whispered: "how much is a brazillion?"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    from your quote, he seems to be very assiduous in the choice of his verbiage.....with emphasis on the first 3 letters.
    Blame the environment created by this thread.

Normally though I might have taken offence with your remark, but these days I know it's not your fault. Trump made you do it.

I knocked off work early myself yesterday, but it wasn't because I'm shiftless and ill-motivated. It was all Trump's fault you see....

Last edited by Foxhound; 10-29-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    Radically Canadian!

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

I went to a Steve Bannon rally and all I got was gout.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

It's absurd to compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler

Hitler volunteered for the army.

vCash

It's absurd to compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler

Hitler volunteered for the army.
    Trump cancelled going to the United States war cemetery at Belleau Wood, east of Paris on Saturday afternoon because of bad weather. Maybe he thought it would be a bad hair day.

vCash

While we're back in this thread...let's just note that the polls got the midterm elections right!

Let's hear it for the statisticians!
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Go Statisticians!!!

vCash

It's been noted that two out of three of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants.

Which just shows immigrants are needed to do the things that the locals are averse to doing . . .

vCash

I live in a dairy area of New Brunswick. Dumping of dairy into Canada would destroy the industry and economy of this area.
    So in the meantime how far does your interest in the dairy industry extend? Any further than agitating for the government to protect it by forcing other Canadians to subsidize it?

Have you ever thought of building a collection of milk bottles or other dairy ephemera/memorabilia from New Brunswick in general or the Sussex area in particular? If you specialize like I have here in quarter-pint and half-pint bottles pyroglazed with Applied Colour Labels it wouldn't have to take up much room (they're bleeding hard to find anyway):

Have you ever thought of researching the history of the dairy industry in New Brunswick and writing a book about it such as this one on Ontario dairies by Paul Huntley?

You seem to be able to devote an endless amount of time to kvetching about Donald Trump. Have you considered redeploying some of that time to a more scholarly undertaking in an area you say is of interest?

Radically Canadian!

vCash

You seem to be able to devote an endless amount of time to kvetching about Donald Trump. Have you considered redeploying some of that time to a more scholarly undertaking in an area you say is of interest?

I would suggest that you look in the mirror, mate. Donald Trump is the President of the United States and, therefore, the most powerful person on the planet. His unethical, crass, rude, childish and erratic behaviour is a serious concern for anyone whose synapses are still firing.

If people did not relentlessly cover this dangerous train-wreck of an administration it would be a crime of negligence.

And you can "but Hillary!!!" and "but Obaaaamaaaa!" all you want. But if the Clintons rate a 7/10 on the corruption scale, Trump rates a 27. There is no equivalency, moral or otherwise. Trump is simply much, much worse.

He is easily the worst President since the disgusting and horrid Andrew Johnson.

vCash

The YTD on the Dow is -1.75%
    The YTD on the S&P 500 is -1.54%
    The YTD on the NASDAQ is 0.52%

For an economy that is supposedly firing on all cylinders, it is hard to quantify the amount of money that investors (and remember, more than 54% of Americans have equities in their savings) have lost thanks to Trump's trade wars and, quite frankly, his big, fat fkn mouth.

The tax cuts he borrowed for have been nullified by an increase in the cost of consumer goods thanks to his trade wars. Americans are far worse off. Their government is 21 trillion dollars in debt. In gross terms that's over 110% of GDP. Their debt is larger than the size of their economy. In net terms it is approaching 70%. They are adding to that debt by almost a trillion dollars every year. All with interest rates rising.

A disaster waiting to happen.

vCash

The YTD on the Dow is -1.75%
    The YTD on the S&P 500 is -1.54%
    The YTD on the NASDAQ is 0.52%

For an economy that is supposedly firing on all cylinders, it is hard to quantify the amount of money that investors (and remember, more than 54% of Americans have equities in their savings) have lost thanks to Trump's trade wars and, quite frankly, his big, fat fkn mouth.

The tax cuts he borrowed for have been nullified by an increase in the cost of consumer goods thanks to his trade wars. Americans are far worse off. Their government is 21 trillion dollars in debt. In gross terms that's over 110% of GDP. Their debt is larger than the size of their economy. In net terms it is approaching 70%. They are adding to that debt by almost a trillion dollars every year. All with interest rates rising.

A disaster waiting to happen.
    You don't need to have a masters in economics to know that when the wage gap disparity is growing, when people are scared and squirreling away every dollar they can and can barely make ends meet aggregate consumption is going to suffer. If you think it's bad now, just wait it's on the cusp of a massive recession/depression.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I would suggest that you look in the mirror, mate. Donald Trump is the President of the United States and, therefore, the most powerful person on the planet. His unethical, crass, rude, childish and erratic behaviour is a serious concern for anyone whose synapses are still firing.
    Huh?! What does any of that have to do with the noble and eminently worthwhile undertaking of writing a book on the history of the dairy industry in New Brunswick?

I'd buy such a book. Rest assured I wouldn't buy one devoted to Donald Trump.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

A flight attendant sees a suspicious couple on board...

She decides to report it to the pilot immediately.

"Sir, I think we have a case of human trafficking! The female passenger looks pretty frightened and the man she is with looks dangerous!"

The pilot responds, "Patricia, I've told you before. This is Air Force One..."

vCash

Can't wait for Mueller's report. Should be a nice Christmas present for democracy.

vCash

Can't wait for Mueller's report. Should be a nice Christmas present for democracy.
    Do I hear an Amen?

Amen!