Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2385

Thread: Trump wins the President of the United States Election

vCash

Re: Trump wins the President of the United States Election

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    It's a fair argument for one single day. Look at the full 8 months it's USA 8.7 Million vs. 4.2 Million. But that's just because of testing.

225 thousand dead vs. 162 thousand dead. But that's just due to underlying conditions and it's mostly just old people dying.

The median age of each one of those countries is higher than in the USA (Germany's almost 10 years higher). Ah, but the numbers are skewed because of a high number in extremely dense areas which makes it harder for social distancing.

USA has about 9.1 million km2 in land area, those 5 other countries combine for about 2 million km2 in land area. But... but... Democratic Governors and Antifa.

OKay I give up.
    You are the one bringing up Antifa, not me.
    BIDEN for CHINA

vCash

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    You are the one bringing up Antifa, not me.
    Fair enough. You haven't brought up Antifa. I'm probably responding more to the general Trump-ism to deflect blame all the time (and that's not to say other parties aren't also guilty of it) and constantly feeding the theory of the "big bad" that is out to destroy America rather than your specific comments.

I've actually heard the occasional comment from Trump lately that I can understand or agree with, but then he pulls out some stupid comment a minute later and in the words of Harry Dunne "completely redeems himself".

I'm tired of his constant drilling for fear and creating boogie monsters, whether it be Mexicans, random thugs sending children to America without parents to destroy America and rape you in your homes, Coyotes (whatever that means), or Canadians, or Democratic governors, or Soup Cans, or Antifa... I'm sure there's plenty others that I'm not remembering.

It's no longer about left or right, it's about someone that will at least try to find common ground before America implodes and likely takes Canada down with it. Joe Biden might not accomplish this, but I'm pretty certain Trump can't, even if he wanted to at this point.
    Last edited by bone; 10-28-2020 at 10:02 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Precisely. Too many people just want to play politics with the pandemic. But COVID-19 doesn't care who's in charge. Sadly it will have its way.

I do agree with this despite the comments I've made. Where I've taken most exception is how Trump likes to trot out the theory that no one has handled it better. Simple math tells you they haven't been the best and one could easily argue they've been the worst. That's definitely not all Trump's fault, but he could have done some things differently that may have had better impact and if for once in his life he'd admit there is room to improve how they handled it, I'd give him a little more rope.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Fair enough. You haven't brought up Antifa. I'm probably responding more to the general Trump-ism to deflect blame all the time (and that's not to say other parties aren't also guilty of it) and constantly feeding the theory of the "big bad" that is out to destroy America rather than your specific comments.

I've actually heard the occasional comment from Trump lately that I can understand or agree with, but then he pulls out some stupid comment a minute later and in the words of Harry Dunne "completely redeems himself".

I'm tired of his constant drilling for fear and creating boogie monsters, whether it be Mexicans, random thugs sending children to America without parents to destroy America and rape you in your homes, Coyotes (whatever that means), or Canadians, or Democratic governors, or Soup Cans, or Antifa... I'm sure there's plenty others that I'm not remembering.

It's no longer about left or right, it's about someone that will at least try to find common ground before America implodes and likely takes Canada down with it. Joe Biden might not accomplish this, but I'm pretty certain Trump can't, even if he wanted to at this point.
    You do have to get props for the Harry Dunne Quote.

BIDEN for CHINA

vCash

Well let's see:

1. The Republicans promise to hold the line on taxes (but you know how politicians lie). The Democrats though unabashedly promise to raise taxes and giving a politician a tax increase is like giving a wino a bottle of Westminster Sherry (or MD 20/20 since we're talking about an American election here).

2. The Republicans promise to restrain the growth in the size of government. The Democrats make no such promise. In fact I suspect that most Democrats want an activist, i.e. larger government.

3. The Republicans promise to "Make America great again", whatever that means. The Democrats promise to bring "compassion" back to America. I'm not sure what that means either but I suspect it will hit American taxpayers in the pocketbook.

4. The Democrats insist they're in favour of free speech yet the most recent boondoggle passed in Democrat controlled jurisdictions forces people by law to use pronouns chosen by those with whom they're speaking. Me I lean toward the belief that if you don't like the pronouns someone else is using, don't bother talking to the guy.

5. The Democrats say they want free and fair elections yet they were out trying to overturn the 2016 results by non-electoral means from the very first day after the election. And they insist that their protests are "peaceful" despite the deaths and the record total in property damages according to the insurance industry's association.

Were I a Yank, I'd therefore vote Republican.

What concerns me is that our politicians frequently ape what theirs have done, e.g. this insanity concerning prescribed pronouns has now been passed into law in Canada as well. There's actually a department on Parliament Hill that studies U.S. legislation to see if similar legislation might also be passed in Canada. (But I don't believe there's a department studying what statutes might be repealed though.)

Last edited by Foxhound; 11-03-2020 at 02:54 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Well let's see:

1. The Republicans promise to hold the line on taxes (but you know how politicians lie). The Democrats though unabashedly promise to raise taxes and giving a politician a tax increase is like giving a wino a bottle of Westminster Sherry (or MD 20/20 since we're talking about an American election here).

The Democrats will raise taxes on those making over $400K. The majority of Americans will not be affected. Of course Trump and his buddies hate that move as they want the free ride to continue. If everyone paid as much tax as Trump, they'd be broke. Nothing ever trickles down.

2. The Republicans promise to restrain the growth in the size of government. The Democrats make no such promise. In fact I suspect that most Democrats want an activist, i.e. larger government.

If a larger government means enforcing EPA, SEC and FDA laws, then let it grow.

3. The Republicans promise to "Make America great again", whatever that means. The Democrats promise to bring "compassion" back to America. I'm not sure what that means either but I suspect it will hit American taxpayers in the pocketbook.

Blowhard Trump wanted to make America great by building a wall and scrapping Obamacare. He couldn't even do those. Nor could he come up with a new slogan. Fail.

4. The Democrats insist they're in favour of free speech yet the most recent boondoggle passed in Democrat controlled jurisdictions forces people by law to use pronouns chosen by those with whom they're speaking. Me I lean toward the belief that if you don't like the pronouns someone else is using, don't bother talking to the guy.

Who cares? Non-issue.

5. The Democrats say they want free and fair elections yet they were out trying to overturn the 2016 results by non-electoral means from the very first day after the election. And they insist that their protests are "peaceful" despite the deaths and the record total in property damages according to the insurance industry's association.

In the PRESENT year, 2020, the Republicans are trying to throw out legitimate mail in votes. This really threatens the election results and peace in the country.

Were I a Yank, I'd therefore vote Republican.

If I weren't paying attention to the last 4 years and my heroes were from reality TV, I'd vote Republican too.

vCash

"In the PRESENT year, 2020, the Republicans are trying to throw out legitimate mail in votes. This really threatens the election results and peace in the country."

Bolded is the lie of the century to date.
    BIDEN for CHINA

vCash

"In the PRESENT year, 2020, the Republicans are trying to throw out legitimate mail in votes. This really threatens the election results and peace in the country."

Trump parrot. Disregarded.

vCash

Very close in a few key states.

This promises to be a wild few days and weeks once everything is settled.

vCash

Why? What makes it a lie? I'm honestly curious.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Why? What makes it a lie? I'm honestly curious.
    Take a look at Wisconsin. Waited until the legit counting is done and then dump 138,000 absentee Milwaukee ballots at 4:30 in the morning with Russian like numbers in favour of Biden with 96% of the votes. That is CCP voting. Those votes could have been counted before they had to figure out how many votes they needed.

Philadelphia stops counting ballots so they can wait for the rest of the state to find out how many ballots they need to manufacture to ensure Biden victory.
    BIDEN for CHINA

vCash

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 11-04-2020 at 09:56 AM.

vCash

Take a look at Wisconsin. Waited until the legit counting is done and then dump 138,000 absentee Milwaukee ballots at 4:30 in the morning with Russian like numbers in favour of Biden with 96% of the votes. That is CCP voting. Those votes could have been counted before they had to figure out how many votes they needed.

Philadelphia stops counting ballots so they can wait for the rest of the state to find out how many ballots they need to manufacture to ensure Biden victory.

That's a nice tin foil hat you have.

vCash
    Blog Entries

The whole electoral college thing still confuses me. Just really hope that Biden does in fact take the office.
    Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

vCash

Okay, that's a theory or is there any evidence that this is happening?

There are anti-tamper processes in place for all elections that were in place last election as well, where the Republicans won. If the Russians couldn't tamper with THAT election, how can the Dems tamper with this one?

Again, I'm not trying to cause a fight or argument. I honestly want to know if there is a mechanism in place that would allow for your theory to be true. If so, shame on the American gov't for allowing it to be possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    The whole electoral college thing still confuses me. Just really hope that Biden does in fact take the office.
    It's a strange system - each state (for the most part) has a number of votes based on population. Whoever wins that state gets all those votes. So even though the popular vote may be close, if you win each State, even by the slimmest of margins, you get all 538 "Electoral College" votes and your opponent gets zero, even though you might have a 51% to 49% popular vote win.

Conversely, you can win the "big states" (states with the most electoral college votes) by a slim margin, and get blown out in the smaller states, and win the presidency even though you lost the "popular vote" -- much like Hillary did in 2016 and Gore did in 2000. The Republicans have understood how to work this far better than the Democrats, and their teams know which ones to campaign in.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

The counting of absentee voting takes time. Both parties have scrutineers observing the process.

Absentee votes are 100% legitimate. Just because they didn't go your way doesn't make them invalid.

The delays in results are expected and were reported. Trump also knew about the high number of Democrats voting by mail-in ballots. That's why he planted the seeds to discredit them.

vCash

It's a strange system - each state (for the most part) has a number of votes based on population. Whoever wins that state gets all those votes. So even though the popular vote may be close, if you win each State, even by the slimmest of margins, you get all 538 "Electoral College" votes and your opponent gets zero, even though you might have a 51% to 49% popular vote win.

Conversely, you can win the "big states" (states with the most electoral college votes) by a slim margin, and get blown out in the smaller states, and win the presidency even though you lost the "popular vote" -- much like Hillary did in 2016 and Gore did in 2000. The Republicans have understood how to work this far better than the Democrats, and their teams know which ones to campaign in.
    Canada has a completely different political structure. But similar regional influences exist with popular vote not equating to winners. So really not that different.

vCash

There is a guy at work that is American (dual citizenship). He is a Trump supporter and is complaining about the absentee votes and how they shouldn't count.

I asked if he voted. He said yes.

I asked how. He said mail-in.

I chuckled. He was silent. End of conversation.

LOL

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    Canada has a completely different political structure. But similar regional influences exist with popular vote not equating to winners. So really not that different.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

I assume you mean GW Bush and Trump...

The states in the USA operate much more independently than provinces do in Canada. The Electoral College is basically the result of a simple game theory argument. You're State X, and you want to have as much impact on the presidential election as possible. The way to do that is to give all your electoral college votes to the winner, no matter how narrow. Two states (NE, ME) haven't taken this approach, but the vast majority have.

I would take issue with the Republicans knowing how to work this better than the Democrats... both sides have expert teams of strategists, and they tend to spend the same amount of time as the other party in particular states. The current electoral college slant to the Republicans is a bit of a historical accident, rather than strategy. I would say that the Republicans this time around knew a little better the extent to which they should trust the polls.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

vCash

Trump, always good for the LOL's.

vCash

What's going on is maddening, confusing, suspenseful, exciting, hilarious. The finale of the Trump Presidential series is brilliant!
    Last edited by Uncle Bobby; 11-06-2020 at 10:39 AM.

vCash

vCash

Official predication:

Kamala Harris will be the president of the United states before 4 years are up.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Official predication:

Kamala Harris will be the president of the United states before 4 years are up.
    Most likely.

vCash

At last ,the American tragic horror show is almost over. It's been like watching a Rod Serling and Stanley Kubrick remake of "Hamlet" ,starring crybaby Donnie as the faux king President.
    Now the last chapter unfolds, will the master of bankruptcy (fiscal and moral) find a non-extraditable country to cower in , to avoid the impending wave of personal law suits?
    Will his followers share the feeling of being used, abused, and drained of any dignity or sense of self respect, that everyone who worked for him now endures ?

vCash
    Blog Entries

I can’t imagine the utter nightmare Trump and family are going to be for the secret service.
    Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

vCash

Just a thought from a rival fan, In honour of Pizmo maybe the title of this thread should be “Trump loses the President of the United States” I’m sure he’s loving this.
    Last edited by Ridersrule; 11-07-2020 at 07:14 PM.