Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 2,431 to 2,454 of 2454

Thread: Trump wins the President of the United States Election

vCash

Re: Trump wins the President of the United States Election

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    an unorganized protest that lasted a few hours
    What was organized was the time and place for the rally, the planting and festering of the lie, and the command to go to the Capitol and fight. It wasn't just a protest. Protests stay outside. Insurgents wanted in to stop the democratic and lawful certification even that meant taking out a few politicians.

vCash

I take it you didn't read Greenwald's article.

vCash

I have read the article and the stand out point for me is that it is now common practice amongst almost all Americans to lie. It's as common a reaction as breathing. It is accepted as part of daily life and there are no consequences. Because everyone accepts lieing there is no longer any outrage when it occurs. This is a society rotting at every level without a moral compass. I suggest we choose not to go down that path at our own peril.

vCash

True. There is a lot of lying.

"Look up any story about the storming of the Capitol by Donald Trump supporters, and you will find it described as a “deadly riot” that killed five people Worse still, one of the deaths was that a police officer who – the story goes – was killed by rioters after getting hit in the head by a fire extinguisher.

Then there is the story of the protestor who “carried Zip Ties into the Capitol,” which led to accusations that the protestors intended to take hostages.

There have also been endless media descriptions of the event as an “armed insurrection.”

And there were stories claiming that, as Reuters put it, “Capitol rioters meant to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials.”

What is common about all of these media-fed narratives?

Not one of them is true. Not. One."

source

vCash

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 02-19-2021 at 05:09 PM.
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

True. There is a lot of lying.

"Look up any story about the storming of the Capitol by Donald Trump supporters, and you will find it described as a “deadly riot” that killed five people Worse still, one of the deaths was that a police officer who – the story goes – was killed by rioters after getting hit in the head by a fire extinguisher.

Then there is the story of the protestor who “carried Zip Ties into the Capitol,” which led to accusations that the protestors intended to take hostages.

There have also been endless media descriptions of the event as an “armed insurrection.”

And there were stories claiming that, as Reuters put it, “Capitol rioters meant to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials.”

What is common about all of these media-fed narratives?

Not one of them is true. Not. One."

source
    The Capital rioters built a gallows outside the building. They chanted "Hang Pence". In fact there were firearms carried by rioters as shown on video. The policeman who died from being struck with a fire extinguisher died later of an internal brain hemmorrage so there would be no video of him gushing blood from a head wound.
    If you feel the need to defend "Make America White Again" rioters , you have my deepest sympathies.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    New Year... same piece of excrement
    Corrected for accuracy:

New Year... new piece of excrement
    Whoever wins, it seems that the taxpayer ultimately takes it you know where.

Last edited by Foxhound; 03-04-2021 at 11:14 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    Shouldn't the "Yes" box have dropped the word "may"? If not, why not?

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    True. This never would have happened if the electoral college hadn't allowed a dementing narcissistic sociopath into the White House four years ago despite losing the popular vote.
    Translation: This never would have happened had the Electoral College not acted in accordance with the Constitutional provisions they were sworn to uphold.

That though I understand would have been fine with you.

- - - Updated - - -

The entire "election is rigged" narrative was endorsed by Trump prior to the 2016 election. He did that because he thought he was going to lose.

Then he won. And the rigged election talk disappeared.
    You're incorrect. The Democrats continued the narrative for nearly four years. Have you somehow forgotten that you were part of it?

- - - Updated - - -

A correction to my post above. The Democrats continued the rigged election narrative for four years and two months.

- - - Updated - - -

And yours is probably factual.
    Me I've always taken glenvb's posts in this thread with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Foxhound; 03-04-2021 at 10:34 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

So you admitted you lied? Nice.
    I admitted no such thing. Since you've chosen to make an asinine remark on technical grounds, I'll respond in kind. I said they stormed White House grounds (something that was widely reported at the time).

If the efforts of almost all were impeded by the fence ringing the grounds, they still stormed the grounds because a fence one erects to surround one's property must actually be on one's property. Logically therefore if they ran into the White House fence they were on White House grounds.

Why were the insurrectionists at the Capitol? What were their intentions? Yes, it is a rhetorical question as we all know. Let's see if you have the guts to answer honestly.
    I suspect it was to voice their displeasure with the ballot box stuffing they suspected. Given that virtually all the "late" votes came in for one specific candidate which defies statistical probability, I'd say that they had reasonable grounds for their suspicion.

I wonder how all of those who marched on the Capitol and violently and unlawfully entered feel about the lack of support for their actions by Trump and the GOP?
    In stark contrast to the Black Lives Matter rioters who seemed to have the full support of the Democrats in Congress.
    Last edited by Foxhound; 03-04-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    This is so funny. Equating a riot aimed at overthrowing a government is the same as one where the primary purpose was to get the message across to stop killing black people.
    Me I've been wondering how precisely continuous riots where people of whatever colour (many black) are killed gets across the message to stop killing black people. A strange way to do it I'd say.

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Yeah...funny.

Don't think I've ever been compared to a little girl before this thread...
    Keep on posting the reactions of a high school girl and you'll get many more such comparisons.

Incidentally sorry to keep you all waiting so long for my replies. I'm still so depressed about the disappearance/loss of the football team I embraced over sixty years ago that I've been reluctant to visit this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

True. Equating an unorganized protest that lasted a few hours to over half a year of rioting burning, looting and killing is not right.
    Precisely.

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    I admitted no such thing. Since you've chosen to make an asinine remark on technical grounds, I'll respond in kind. I said they stormed White House grounds (something that was widely reported at the time).

If the efforts of almost all were impeded by the fence ringing the grounds, they still stormed the grounds because a fence one erects to surround one's property must actually be on one's property. Logically therefore if they ran into the White House fence they were on White House grounds.
    There was no attempt by the BLM protesters to storm the White House grounds. That IS a lie. Post a link if you have proof of otherwise.

I suspect it was to voice their displeasure with the ballot box stuffing they suspected. Given that virtually all the "late" votes came in for one specific candidate which defies statistical probability, I'd say that they had reasonable grounds for their suspicion.
    The suspicion of ballot box stuffing was proven a lie by the courts. There is no evidence of wide spread voting irregularities. Trump and his supporters (you included) continue to perpetuate a LIE.

And they were voicing their displeasure. Outside, behind the security barriers. Why storm the Capitol then?
    Last edited by Uncle Bobby; 03-05-2021 at 09:27 AM.

vCash

Me I've always taken glenvb's posts in this thread with a grain of salt.

Ha, you may not realize that the post he was referring to was about a research paper I wrote about medieval astronomy!

You seem like an interesting guy, Foxhound, and some day I'd like to have a conversation with you. If we do, though, let's stay away from politics
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Ha, you may not realize that the post he was referring to was about a research paper I wrote about medieval astronomy!
    I take all research papers on medieval astronomy with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    You seem like an interesting guy, Foxhound, and some day I'd like to have a conversation with you. If we do, though, let's stay away from politics
    Yes. I'd be more than eager to show you some of my CFL collectibles:

Now I joined this forum to discuss my beloved football team which is sadly now defunct. I was bewildered to find a thread on U.S. politics here. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, I could ignore it but allowing political remarks with which I strongly disagree to stand unchallenged just isn't my style.

Last edited by Foxhound; 03-06-2021 at 09:02 AM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

There was no attempt by the BLM protesters to storm the White House grounds. That IS a lie. Post a link if you have proof of otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Washington Post; 3 June 2020
    President Trump was rushed to a secure bunker in the White House on Friday evening after a group of protesters hopped over temporary barricades set up near the Treasury Department grounds, according to arrest records and people familiar with the incident.

The security move came after multiple people crossed over fences that had been erected to create a larger barrier around the White House complex around 7 p.m.
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Times; 31 May 2020
    Incidentally how many times a week do you hold book burnings in an effort to sweep inconvenient bits of history under the carpet? I'm sure you're happily adding Dr. Seuss books to your bonfire this week. Mr. Grinch I know is merrily cheering you on.

The suspicion of ballot box stuffing was proven a lie by the courts.
    LIAR! You know full well that the charge was not proven a lie in the Courts because that's not the way the legal system works. You know full well that the onus is always on the PLAINTIFF, that being the Republicans here, to prove their case. If a plaintiff cannot prove his case (by presenting the smoking gun), the court must dismiss the charge.

There is no evidence of wide spread voting irregularities.
    Liar! You know full well that there is very powerful statistical evidence which would lead any arm's length observer to suspect widespread chicanery. It's just that no smoking gun has yet been found.

Trump and his supporters (you included)....
    Actually I just see Donald Trump as the lesser of two evils in comparison with the Democrats. Trump failed to deliver on the cuts in government spending that he promised. The Democrats though don't even make such promises because they're always happily promising to rob Peter to pay Paul in a transparent attempt to woo Paul's vote.

Why by the way do you feel so compelled to support the Democrats and their Big Government policies? It's not exactly good for Canada if the United States goes the way of Venezuela you know.

But I still say you're a hypocrite for calling me a liar when it's been you who's been trying to sweep history under the carpet by whitewashing the actions of the BLM rioters.

Last edited by Foxhound; 03-06-2021 at 08:36 AM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

Foxhound's assertion is that the BLM protestors stormed the White House grounds. And that act, which was even worse than what happened at the Capitol, was swept under the carpet to rewrite history.

Very powerful accusation. I asked him to provide a link to support his claim. Instead he posted a quote from a single news article.

Why just a quote? Because he doesn't want you to read the full story. Here is the article: Washington Post June 3

Here's some more facts about the incident:

1. These were not the White House gates. They were additional barricades around the White House. The White House grounds were NEVER breached as his claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Washington Post
    fences that had been erected to create a larger barrier around the White House
    The incident took place near the border between the White House lawn and Treasury Department, about 350 feet from the East Wing
    2. The number of BLM protestors arrested? Four. Hardly comparable to the mob that stormed the Capitol.

Secret Service officers detained at least four protesters
    3. The BLM protestors had no intention of storming the White House.

“I didn’t even realize what I did was illegal,” said one of the protesters, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the pending charges. “I stepped over a barricade. I never got onto the Treasury grounds or White House grounds.”
    4. Even Trump himself downplayed the incident.

“It was a false report. I wasn’t down,” Trump told Fox Radio host Brian Kilmeade. “I went down during the day, and I was there for a tiny, little short period of time, and it was much more for an inspection. There was no problem during the day.”

So who's rewriting history? Who's whitewashing the actions of the BLM rioters?

I won't even get into the ridiculous voter fraud claims. I'll just post this one quote from Trump's leading attorney in this matter when he finally gets his day in court:

Yet Trump and his Kool-Aid drinkers like Foxhound continue to share the lie without proof. That is what led to the Capitol riots in the first place. That is the type of lie that won't go unchallenged.
    Last edited by Uncle Bobby; 03-06-2021 at 04:12 PM.

vCash

So Trump's lawyer, who perpetuated the lie that voting machines were rigged for Biden, has come up with this amazing defense that “no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact.”

Essentially, she is saying only an idiot would believe her claims that the voting was rigged.

What say you now Trump supporters?
    Last edited by Uncle Bobby; 03-23-2021 at 11:22 AM.

vCash

Sydney Powell wasn't Trump's lawyer.

vCash

Sidney Powell's wikipedia entry states that she was part of Trump's legal team at one point. Linked is an interesting read to give more perspective. Judging by the photo of her on the Trump/Pence podium with Rudy Gulliani and others standing behind her, I'd say she had a voice (albeit briefly) in representing the orange one.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/who-...ey-powell.html
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 03-24-2021 at 09:51 AM.

vCash

Given that virtually all the "late" votes came in for one specific candidate which defies statistical probability, I'd say that they had reasonable grounds for their suspicion.
    The statistical probability is that Democrats were far more likely to take precautions because of COVID, including mail in ballots and early polls, compared with Republicans who are statistically more likely to be COVID deniers and anti-maskers. Therefore of course the mail in ballots would heavily favor the Democrat candidate. Even someone as dumb as Trump recognized this, which is why he tried so hard to block the votes after they had already been cast and plant the seed of widespread voter fraud and cheating, which his supporters bought hook, line and sinker since they were unable to recognize logic and reality.

vCash

Sidney Powell's wikipedia entry states that she was part of Trump's legal team at one point. Linked is an interesting read to give more perspective. Judging by the photo of her on the Trump/Pence podium with Rudy Gulliani and others standing behind her, I'd say she had a voice (albeit briefly) in representing the orange one.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/who-...ey-powell.html
    Wikipedia is a biased, unreliable source of information much worse than the New York Times. I'm not willing to sign up to read the Times article. Sydney Powell was taking her actions independently of Trump. When it became obvious that she went bat **** crazy swallowing the Q crap Trump disassociated from her in November.

Her and Lyn Wood's big top show where he went rabid preacher was bizarre and was damaging the efforts to have the questionable ballot activities looked at objectively in the swing states.

vCash

vCash

Wikipedia is a biased, unreliable source of information much worse than the New York Times. I'm not willing to sign up to read the Times article. Sydney Powell was taking her actions independently of Trump. When it became obvious that she went bat **** crazy swallowing the Q crap Trump disassociated from her in November.

Her and Lyn Wood's big top show where he went rabid preacher was bizarre and was damaging the efforts to have the questionable ballot activities looked at objectively in the swing states.
    Okay. Her speaking in a press conference with Giuliani about voter fraud was just a case of her sneaking onto stage and people choosing not to send security after her.... sure. Yes they disavowed her after, but she was obviously part of his team at one point.

So what's next, because of the damage of the Lyn Wood sideshow, will people start claiming she's an antifa plant there to destroy Trump.
    Last edited by bone; 03-26-2021 at 08:57 AM.