Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1375

Thread: Trump wins the President of the United States Election

vCash

Re: Trump wins the President of the United States Election

Since the report is being hidden from the people it will only fuel feelings that there is something to hide, mate. Surely you see that.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Since the report is being hidden from the people it will only fuel feelings that there is something to hide, mate. Surely you see that.
    I object to the word hidden. It's not (yet) being hidden. The report is following the proper and normal procedures from submission to release. A bunch of people and departments will have to review this thing, issues reports on it, black out name, and whatever else a massive bureaucracy does. Since people might actually read this, they can't screw it up. It's 300 page report, it'll take time. But yes, I understand why people are anxious to at least read the executive summary. Be patient. Barr said 'weeks not months'. I hope he sticks to that.

If you're bored and looking for something to slow the passage of time, read Papadopoulos' testimony. It's pretty interesting.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BaronAmongYou View Post
    I object to the word hidden. It's not (yet) being hidden. The report is following the proper and normal procedures from submission to release. A bunch of people and departments will have to review this thing, issues reports on it, black out name, and whatever else a massive bureaucracy does. Since people might actually read this, they can't screw it up. It's 300 page report, it'll take time. But yes, I understand why people are anxious to at least read the executive summary. Be patient. Barr said 'weeks not months'. I hope he sticks to that.

If you're bored and looking for something to slow the passage of time, read Papadopoulos' testimony. It's pretty interesting.
    A copy sent to a congressional committee does need redacting.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

I *think* it does. I think anything given to congress can be released to the public by the individual congressman. That's how we got the Papadopoulos thing. The member from North Carolina just decided to post it online, with name redacted.

I used the word think twice because I'm not sure about a nuanced detail like this. My opinion is everything is happening normally on the Mueller report, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen the Democrats lose their mind about how this is being handled differently, but I could have missed that too. I'm sure CNN and Buzzfeed would be losing their ever loving TDS riddled minds if Barr was playing games with the report.

vCash

That report should be made public. All of it.

vCash

I checked into this. Barr is following a law (procedure?) the Democrats put into place during the whole Bill Clinton thing. They made the Special Prosecutors independent and under the Attorney General rather than Congress so irrelevant information wouldn't be released. Reporting goes to the AG and through the DOJ first.

- - - Updated - - -

That report should be made public. All of it.
    Agreed. I'd love to see it.

vCash

And I'd like to see it not because of anything tied to Trump. I think the Russian interference has to be completely exposed. As bad a President as Trump is, America (and Canada for that matter) faces a real danger from Russian interference in elections. Not just from Russia either. It's time for the American people to take this issue seriously.

vCash

And I'd like to see it not because of anything tied to Trump. I think the Russian interference has to be completely exposed. As bad a President as Trump is, America (and Canada for that matter) faces a real danger from Russian interference in elections. Not just from Russia either. It's time for the American people to take this issue seriously.
    Agreed wholeheartedly (except for the whole Trump being a bad President thing). The amount of influence other nations hold over my country is a very real threat to the very existence of Canada. Hell, a report came out and said China owns some provincial cabinet members and no one freaking cared. It's outrageous. At some point we have to realize that our existence as a nation is not guaranteed by anyone except us. End rant. Yeah, I want the whole thing released and a similar report done in Canada.

vCash

Agreed wholeheartedly (except for the whole Trump being a bad President thing). The amount of influence other nations hold over my country is a very real threat to the very existence of Canada. Hell, a report came out and said China owns some provincial cabinet members and no one freaking cared. It's outrageous. At some point we have to realize that our existence as a nation is not guaranteed by anyone except us. End rant. Yeah, I want the whole thing released and a similar report done in Canada.
    Totally agree (except on Trump. He's a jackass who should learn some economics). Russia and China present an existential threat to Canada. Mind you, Trudeau may end up splitting the country. More than half of Albertans are now in favor of secession from Canada.

vCash

We may get our wish. Barr has announced that we will get the Mueller report by mid-April at the latest. It will be redacted.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Totally agree (except on Trump. He's a jackass who should learn some economics). Russia and China present an existential threat to Canada. Mind you, Trudeau may end up splitting the country. More than half of Albertans are now in favor of secession from Canada.
    I didn't realize over half of Albertans had that low of an IQ... I mean it's one thing to say "yeah F*ck Trudeau and the East...we'll become our own country!!". Ok great, so now we have to figure out passports, military, government, populational share of the national debt, set up national and international trade partners. Taxes, infrastructure. All this stuff but yeah-separating is a GREAT idea....
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I didn't realize over half of Albertans had that low of an IQ... I mean it's one thing to say "yeah F*ck Trudeau and the East...we'll become our own country!!". Ok great, so now we have to figure out passports, military, government, populational share of the national debt, set up national and international trade partners. Taxes, infrastructure. All this stuff but yeah-separating is a GREAT idea....
    Hey, I didn't say that I supported secession from Canada.

I think there are easier ways to get a better deal. But they do require doing some strong arming.

vCash

Typical remainer, "trusting our future to our success sounds too hard... let's continue allowing a distant capital to burn billions of our wealth while making decisions that hinder our ability to keep producing for them".

At the very least, it's a question that should be asked.

vCash

and we have to be careful that we don't become the 4th Mexican country.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    and we have to be careful that we don't become the 4th Mexican country.
    Lol! North Mexico? Mexiberta? Snow Mexico?

vCash

Typical remainer, "trusting our future to our success sounds too hard... let's continue allowing a distant capital to burn billions of our wealth while making decisions that hinder our ability to keep producing for them".

At the very least, it's a question that should be asked.
    I'm just not sure that succession will make Alberta more successful or prosperous. I think it is much more likely to make things worse. Think pipelines can't get built now?

I think Alberta can get a better deal in Confederation, but it will require leveraging those resources the rest of Canada loves the money from while hating on.

vCash

I'm just not sure that succession will make Alberta more successful or prosperous. I think it is much more likely to make things worse. Think pipelines can't get built now?

I think Alberta can get a better deal in Confederation, but it will require leveraging those resources the rest of Canada loves the money from while hating on.
    I want to agree with you, but we've been in confederation for 114 years. We haven't been able to leverage resources at any point in that time. We just toil and Ottawa spends... until they get mad at us for working so hard and they shut down economic activity.

Want leverage? Shut down the roads, rails, and sky between Upper Canada and BC. Alternatively we could just stop sending them 11ish billion of our dollars every year or make the Leafs play the late game on Hockey Night in Canada.

vCash

I want to agree with you, but we've been in confederation for 114 years. We haven't been able to leverage resources at any point in that time. We just toil and Ottawa spends... until they get mad at us for working so hard and they shut down economic activity.

Want leverage? Shut down the roads, rails, and sky between Upper Canada and BC. Alternatively we could just stop sending them 11ish billion of our dollars every year or make the Leafs play the late game on Hockey Night in Canada.
    We've never tried to leverage those resources. But I was pissed that Notley passed a bill to turn off the taps to BC and then never did. She absolutely should have.

vCash

Trump logic
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Why does Donald Trump take Xanax?

For Hispanic Attacks
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

I really do enjoy Dilbert cartoons being posted in this thread.

vCash

I'll have to stop then
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Barr has a press conference at 9:30 ET tomorrow concerning the Mueller Report. I'm very interested to read what I can. You'll be annoyed by redactions.

vCash

You'll be annoyed by redactions.
    Since there is no need for redactions, annoyed is too mild a term.

vCash

Strong disagree. There's clearly a need. I understand that, I just don't like it.

vCash

Why would anybody be annoyed by protecting the privacy of innocent people?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo_RoB View Post
    Why would anybody be annoyed by protecting the privacy of innocent people?
    It interferes with the witch hunt.

I'm annoyed because I like knowing things and the redactions, needed as they are, only serve to extend the amount of time it'll take people to accept there was no collusion, no obstruction, and that they were intentionally lied to for 2 years.
    Last edited by BaronAmongYou; 04-18-2019 at 02:37 PM.

vCash

It interferes with the witch hunt.

I'm annoyed because I like knowing things and the redactions, needed as they are, only serve to extend the amount of time it'll take people to accept there was no collusion, no obstruction, and that they were intentionally lied to for 2 years.
    This should have been an open and shut case, but the fbi for some reason decided not to investigate the dnc servers, or Hillary's server for evidence of hacking. Gee I wonder why? Trump must be a genius to outsmart the CIA, the FBI, and many other foriegn intelligence agencies. Or the FBI simply didn't have any proof, or they bungled the investigation and wasted millions of dollars.
    Last edited by Eskimo_RoB; 04-18-2019 at 05:00 PM.