Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Eskimo Empire podcast

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

Agree with the comment that Turner deserves to be on the wall
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Agree with the comment that Turner deserves to be on the wall
    A big " AMEN" to that. Outstanding player , plus played for a long time and seldom injured. So nice to hear on the podcast that he still resides in Edmonton. Illustrates children's books, wow !!!!

Loved the history segment in this podcast. Really enjoyed Sorensen being on the show with him recently retired and being familiar with this current team. Nice info about MOD being such a smart football player and helping out on the Oline calls.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    A big " AMEN" to that. Outstanding player , plus played for a long time and seldom injured. So nice to hear on the podcast that he still resides in Edmonton. Illustrates children's books, wow !!!!

Loved the history segment in this podcast. Really enjoyed Sorensen being on the show with him recently retired and being familiar with this current team. Nice info about MOD being such a smart football player and helping out on the Oline calls.
    Charlie is my all-time favourite Eskimo - I've been waiting for a while now to do a spot on him, and I still am baffled how he didn't get on the WoH. 2008 would have been an ideal time; they enshrined Chris Morris, and having two guys who wore #60 go on the wall during the season we were celebrating our 60th season should have been a no-brainer, IMO.

Then again, I'm still at a loss to explain how Don Luzzi gets in the CFHOF but John LaGrone doesn't? They have very similar stats both physically and defensively. Neither of them did much winning during the bulk of their careers; each of them won lineman of the year, and plenty of West and league-wide all star placements. I personally think they both deserve to be in there, but hey.. nobody asks me!
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

New podcast out on July 23 rd. As always great banter been the gang, love the humor. They did a really nice job saying what went wrong in Montreal.

History segment again a must to listen to. Mike picks the best Esk draft ever. Teases with some players from about three different era drafts then pulls a slam dunk and drops a bombshell with his pick. Took me by surprise but he backs it up with a long list of players that will get us greybeards thinking.

vCash

Another fantastic podcast with some insider info into the Mike Pringle record.

http://eskempirepod.libsyn.com/more-...-DSqAOOmiYddjQ
    Blindly criticize every move eventough I have about 1/4 of the information

It's such a treat any time you get to listen to Jaimo talk about his time with the Esks, great work Mike and Andrew!

vCash

Who the heck decided it was a good afternoon to chop onions?!

Seriously.... amazing stuff here Andrew.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

Who the heck decided it was a good afternoon to chop onions?!

Seriously.... amazing stuff here Andrew.
    Amazing !!! Thanks for posting that " N".

vCash

The season is over but don't forget our Esk. Empire Podcast with Andrew, Mike & Kayla. Just caught the Nov. 19 th episode . Great guest and interesting discussion and banter with the gang.

Talk about the " exit interview". Plus the playoff game , lots of opinions and insider knowledge.

Interesting that Kayla was the only one that picked the Bombers for the Grey Cup.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Okay Eskimo fans - get out there and vote for your favourites. Round 1 has started with place-kickers, punters and long snappers.

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

Am I getting out on the ballot this year??? ��
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

vCash

Thanks to everyone who voted in the first round of the Esks Ultimate Depth chart. Last time we voted for the all-time best Esks at Long Snapper, Punter and Kicker. This week might be a bit harder for you.

We are looking for the two best Kick Returners, and six best Receivers in Esks History from 1975-2019 here:
    https://t.co/yWByVfKRDf

The winners the first round were:
    Long Snapper: Ryan King
    Punter: Hank Ilesic
    Kicker: Sean Fleming

The kicker vote was decided by one percentage point, with Wad winning over Dave Cutler with 39% of the vote compared to Supertoe's 38%. Sean Whyte came in 3rd place with just over 20%. Close one!

We are also running a "parallel" depth chart with members of the team from 1949 through 1974, as chosen by myself with some fans that were "There", including our own turftoe27 and pizmo, and as such, that depth chart will be dedicated to our friend as the Ernie "pizmo" Rasko Memorial Roster.

The first round of that poll was:
    Long Snapper: Bob Howes
    Punter: Bobby Walden
    Kicker: Dave Cutler

Thanks to all who have participated so far, and please click the link above and try out round 2 - some astounding people have suited up for the Green and Gold. This isn't everyone who played at those positions, but just some of the standouts to keep the lists manageable.

Thanks again!
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

Just caught the Feb. 4th podcast. JED IS BACK !!!! Some amazing stories and humor from him. Loved the " we had the tools but not the toolbox" comment. So good also to get an ex player's take on the coaches salary cap. Good tidbit of info from Jed about Willie Pless still having the all time NCAA football record for tackles.

One of the best history podcasts ever. Esks have been so blessed to have such talent at receiver thru the years. Quite surprised at how many long time receivers were released in their first try here. McGowan likely my all time fav player next to Parker. Lots of talk about our own Boydo.

Good story on when Parker threw the first pass to Tommy Joe and TJ dropped it. TJ comes back to the huddle and says sorry, Parker tells him they're running the same play and if he drops this one to keep on running into the dressing room.

vCash

Looks like I missed last week - here are the results for Round 2!

We looked for 6 receivers and 2 returners (if we just had one returner, there wouldn't be any point of voting!). For the first time, we actually had a tie for the last spot, so we went with 7 receivers instead of 6.

The winners the Second round were:
    Receivers: Brian Kelly, Jason Tucker, Terry Vaughn, Fred Stamps, Adarius Bowman, Jim Sandusky, and...... 1993 training camp prodigy Boydo!
    Returners: Henry "Gizmo" Williams, Larry Highbaugh

The Ernie "pizmo" Rasko memorial roster for players who were with the team between 1949-1974 had 5 receivers, comprised of Flankers/Wingbacks, Split Ends/Wide Receivers and a Tight End, and two more returners who saw a lot of action on both defense and offense:

Flankers: Randy Kerbow, Bobby Taylor
    Tight End: Tyrone Walls
    Split Ends: Tommy Joe Coffey, George McGowan
    Returners: Rollie Miles, "Jackrabbit" Joe Hernandez

Thanks as always to everyone who participated in the fan vote!

Here's the link if you want to participate; Round 3 features defensive backs - tons of all-time greats over the years, so go vote!!
    https://t.co/hvNesHbqbI

Thanks again!
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory