Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 230

Thread: Eskimo Empire podcast

  1. #181
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Voted, thanks for the head's up, hugo.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,795
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    89

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Heard at least 3 Esksfans on CBC Edmonton radio about 5:40pm yesterday. Way to represent fellas!

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,409
    vCash
    225
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    Heard at least 3 Esksfans on CBC Edmonton radio about 5:40pm yesterday. Way to represent fellas!
    Thanks, UB

    Andrew and I got to chat about the game for about 7-8 minutes. Just flew by and was a great experience. We got contacted by one of the guys who works there who is also on the site here (but not sure I’ve seen him post in a while?), our own Tojo!
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,795
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    89

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Andrew and I got to chat about the game for about 7-8 minutes. Just flew by and was a great experience. We got contacted by one of the guys who works there who is also on the site here (but not sure Iíve seen him post in a while?), our own Tojo!
    Yes, I knew that. That's why I said 3! Great job!

  5. #185
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    For those who haven't caught it yet, the Esk. podcast season blast off to start season four is out. The band is back together with the full crew. Nice talk on the Franklin trade and our QB needs. Good points both ways on if the CFL should go to one division. Voting coming up on Esks by position, multiple choices. As always, great humor and an outstanding listen.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,759
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    228

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    This is awesome guys.



  7. #187
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    This is awesome guys.


    All the best to Andrew for a quick recovery . I've seen that guy on the right before. Have to check some old wanted posters.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,987
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    332

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Andrew Posted the audio from Randy's road show, good listen.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snYa...q5jqYOZdKGBu-6
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  9. #189
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    I'm a little late to the dance here and likely the only one that hasn't heard podcast episode 116 til now but in case you might not have caught it , it's well worth the listen. Lots of good fun and humor mixed with the outstanding knowledge that the group brings makes the hour fly by.

    Good info on the free agency and losing Willis and Bowman and the players we kept and the new signings. Esks kept the most FA's at 22 and a nice take on what the gang believe Glenn brings to the team. Almost fell out of the chair laughing at "all the little Chicks " comment.

    Very interesting to find out who has won the most Grey Cups and what he brought to the team after retirement as an Eskimo player. Plus getting the groups take on the new coaching staff.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,524
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    596

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    90 minutes of Maasome one on one conversation featuring Andrew & Esks receiver Kenny Stafford. You can check it out here - or go to your usual itunes, or Esks Empire links.

    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  11. #191
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Listened to Episode 120 on I Tunes last night. Good discussion by the crew on the continuity established by the extension of contracts for Maas and Sunderland.
    Talk about the retirements of Rottier and Bowers. Totally agreed with their opinions on the Durant situation and how poorly he came across with his banter with Bomber fans.
    Talk about the release of Perkins and White and that Cooper has really impressed so far in tc.

    Some tidbits from camp also that the DB's are far ahead of where they were last year at this time. Woodman looking good at S. Interesting that the gang thought our D might be more of an attacking group this year.

    Nice opinions on Manziel from everyone. Very enjoyable. Just my thoughts but I think Mike really nailed it on Manziel. No wonder they call him Superfan. Good shot about the "120 man roster" that Regina will show up with on Sunday. Still laughing about that one.

    Such a nice easy listen with such knowledgeable and passionate Esk fans.

  12. #192

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Listened to Episode 120 on I Tunes last night. Good discussion by the crew on the continuity established by the extension of contracts for Maas and Sunderland.
    Talk about the retirements of Rottier and Bowers. Totally agreed with their opinions on the Durant situation and how poorly he came across with his banter with Bomber fans.
    Talk about the release of Perkins and White and that Cooper has really impressed so far in tc.

    Some tidbits from camp also that the DB's are far ahead of where they were last year at this time. Woodman looking good at S. Interesting that the gang thought our D might be more of an attacking group this year.

    Nice opinions on Manziel from everyone. Very enjoyable. Just my thoughts but I think Mike really nailed it on Manziel. No wonder they call him Superfan. Good shot about the "120 man roster" that Regina will show up with on Sunday. Still laughing about that one.

    Such a nice easy listen with such knowledgeable and passionate Esk fans.
    I think it was Doug who made the comment that too often the Esks were just trying to rush 4 and drop everyone else into zones and hope for the QB to make a mistake. He’s right about that, but to me that is a result of losing 1 or 2 starters every time you take the field. It’s hard to continually implement more complex layers of you’re scheme when you’re faced with having to bring new players into the fold every week, that kinda forces you to stay more vanilla than you would like as a DC.

    In a recent interview, JC was speaking about Benes high football IQ and the passion he brings to the defensive side of the team. I’m expecting big things from our D this year now that we’re healthy, provided the new guys on the DL play as well under the lights as they have in TC so far.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    3,395
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Agreed on the injury comments Ben. We got the **** kicked out of us by injury early and often in the season and it showed by teams running on us at will and some really costly defensive errors on second and long conversions. I'm hoping the rolodex of players we went thru last year will translate to far better depth this year and a narrowed drop off of skill/scheme as guys rotate thru. Injuries are always part of the game but in the last two years we seem to have seen a significant increase in severe injuries to several of our keys guys. Hopefully with the new faces in the nutrition/training and development side of things this can be mitigated for the upcoming season.
    undefined

    The Moz'

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    19,863
    vCash
    1000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    I think it was Doug who made the comment that too often the Esks were just trying to rush 4 and drop everyone else into zones and hope for the QB to make a mistake. He’s right about that, but to me that is a result of losing 1 or 2 starters every time you take the field. It’s hard to continually implement more complex layers of you’re scheme when you’re faced with having to bring new players into the fold every week, that kinda forces you to stay more vanilla than you would like as a DC.

    In a recent interview, JC was speaking about Benes high football IQ and the passion he brings to the defensive side of the team. I’m expecting big things from our D this year now that we’re healthy, provided the new guys on the DL play as well under the lights as they have in TC so far.
    I think Chris Jones has his players drop back in coverage more than anybody else and it won us a Cup so I don't think you can just make sweeping assumptions about whether or not rushing 4 is good or bad.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

  15. #195

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    I think Chris Jones has his players drop back in coverage more than anybody else and it won us a Cup so I don't think you can just make sweeping assumptions about whether or not rushing 4 is good or bad.
    Of course, but I think the point Doug was making on the podcast was that we saw too much vanilla defense at times last year and I think the injuries were the main reason for that. This should be the year that we get a sense of what Bene's defense is really capable of.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,987
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    332

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    I always maintain the unpredictability (unless you have a Cam Wake) is the best way to get a solid pass rush. As soon as you make the Lineman take a peak at the linebacker or search for a guy once their guy drops off, you are opening them up to make mistakes. If they know their assignment everytime you line up, their job becomes easier.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,200
    vCash
    27620
    Rep Power
    200

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Had a good time with the folks at the Eskimo Empire Podcast recording last night and want to congratulate them on getting official media accreditation from the EEFC. Well deserved, and they continue to do a great service to Eskimo fans!

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,796
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    135

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Congrats guys! Well deserved recognition

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,524
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    596

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Just a reminder that the CFL Twitter Award voting has begun, and Eskimo Empire Podcast is up against some big hitters in the quarter final. If you have a twitter account, take the time to vote and support our guys.


    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,796
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    135

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    When I voted for em couple of days ago they were a ways behind sask.. but in second

  21. #201
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Just in case someone hasn't caught it yet, there is another outstanding podcast by the gang. Post Party Depression, Dec. 5th. While we were all disappointed our team wasn't playing , especially with a home Grey Cup, the gang really were upbeat in their talk about the going on's , GC week.

    Hooking up with old friends and getting to talk with retired Esk players. Good talk about our up coming FA's.

    For me , it was the best Esk history segment ever, and I've enjoyed them all. About QB history here. 22 QB's here from the Parker trade til Lemmerman. With Parker being my all time fav. Esk, finding out Darryl Royal actually steered him to Edmonton was news to me.

  22. #202
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,987
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    332

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Season 5 of the podcast started, some really good discussions.

    https://play.google.com/music/listen...u33ctu2vwn7p5u
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  23. #203
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Season 5 of the podcast started, some really good discussions.

    https://play.google.com/music/listen...u33ctu2vwn7p5u
    Thanks for the heads up.

  24. #204
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,987
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    332

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Another great podcast with a chat with Boateng

    https://play.google.com/music/listen...u33ctu2vwn7p5u
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  25. #205
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,409
    vCash
    225
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Another great podcast with a chat with Boateng

    https://play.google.com/music/listen...u33ctu2vwn7p5u
    Thanks, Lonnie. Always a fun chat when they are on.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  26. #206
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    For those that haven't listened yet, there is some great talk about free agency and names mentioned that I never thought of becoming Esks. Plus the guests mentioning that Sunderland has done about all he can to keep Reilly here. Ball definitely in Mike's court. Nice to hear Kwaku saying he is happy to be back. Super funny interview and show.

    History segment talking about the Esk players that became wrestlers. so many more than I thought there was. Kiniski , of course but also Brett Williams , an outstanding DT.

  27. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,409
    vCash
    225
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    For those that haven't listened yet, there is some great talk about free agency and names mentioned that I never thought of becoming Esks. Plus the guests mentioning that Sunderland has done about all he can to keep Reilly here. Ball definitely in Mike's court. Nice to hear Kwaku saying he is happy to be back. Super funny interview and show.

    History segment talking about the Esk players that became wrestlers. so many more than I thought there was. Kiniski , of course but also Brett Williams , an outstanding DT.
    Thanks for the feedback, TT. Always happy to hear what ripple like and don’t like. Helps us get better every episode, hopefully.

    The wresting segment was fun. Dave is a known fan of the squared circle so I wanted to make it fun and allow the guests to participate. It all came about when I had a chat with another Esks historian here in town. I was surprised myself when I discovered some connections as I didn’t know that they had tried out for the team (and in some cases made the team). Probably a few I missed in there, but I can always run an update down the road!
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  28. #208
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, TT. Always happy to hear what ripple like and don’t like. Helps us get better every episode, hopefully.

    The wresting segment was fun. Dave is a known fan of the squared circle so I wanted to make it fun and allow the guests to participate. It all came about when I had a chat with another Esks historian here in town. I was surprised myself when I discovered some connections as I didn’t know that they had tried out for the team (and in some cases made the team). Probably a few I missed in there, but I can always run an update down the road!
    One of the most " fun" shows. I really enjoyed it. You guys sure have fun making the show. Very impressed with the knowledge of your guests, with their connections they must have to sit on confidential info they pick up being around the football team on a daily basis.

  29. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Hey everyone, been a while since I’ve had the chance to come back on and chat with all of you. Thank you for all the kind words and support of the show. We love putting it on and want to connect with more of you! Also, we will try and keep a positive lining going into the coming transition. Message me if you’d like to be a part of the show.

  30. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    19,863
    vCash
    1000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: Eskimo Empire podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by EmpireAndrew View Post
    Also, we will try and keep a positive lining going into the coming transition.
    lol, good luck
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •