Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Franklin Contract

vCash

Article James Franklin Contract

Can anyone clarify the status of his contract? I thought he was a free agent at season's end, but recently I read that he won't be a free agent until the end of next season. If the Esks wanted to develop him, it's mystifying that he has played very little if at all this season. I would hate to see him walk as a free agent, but can't blame him for wanting a legitimate shot at the starters job.
    The Riders used to be loveable losers. Now, thanks to some of their fans, they're just losers. :P

vCash

Re: James Franklin Contract

Quote Originally Posted by NiteHawk0 View Post
    Can anyone clarify the status of his contract? I thought he was a free agent at season's end, but recently I read that he won't be a free agent until the end of next season. If the Esks wanted to develop him, it's mystifying that he has played very little if at all this season. I would hate to see him walk as a free agent, but can't blame him for wanting a legitimate shot at the starters job.
    Ed Hervey stated a few weeks ago that he signs all of his QB's to three-year deals. As a result, Franklin will not be a FA next Feb. like we all assumed.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

He might get some action in the finale v the Argos IF that game means nothing in the West standings. No sense in exposing MR to an injury ahead of the playoffs.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    He might get some action in the finale v the Argos IF that game means nothing in the West standings. No sense in exposing MR to an injury ahead of the playoffs.....
    The way things are shaping up, that game should mean something as it's tight for 2,3 and 4
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    The way things are shaping up, that game should mean something as it's tight for 2,3 and 4
    Even if it didn't mean anything, I'd assume Mike would play at least a half or something.

vCash

Knowing what we know of him, it will be difficult to keep him off the field. I would assume Maas would throw quick timing routes and run the ball.

vCash

It would probably also depend on how close Reilly is to any milestones (i.e. 6000 yards) or records at the time, even though that should take a back seat to the team's ultimate needs.

vCash

Jason Maas' MO so far has been basically to play his starter regardless of situation. While perhaps that should change if it's a nothing game; I don't think it will...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker View Post
    Knowing what we know of him, it will be difficult to keep him off the field. I would assume Maas would throw quick timing routes and run the ball.
    I don't think Maas is playing any more Wonder if he could still serve as an emergency backup?

Given past history, I'd say that Reilly will play every minute of every game, unless he gets injured.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I don't think Maas is playing any more Wonder if he could still serve as an emergency backup?

Given past history, I'd say that Reilly will play every minute of every game, unless he gets injured.
    One of the benefits to the way Maas runs the offence is that it seems to limit the hits on the QB, which is why I don't think they are afraid to keep him in there.
    #PizStrong

vCash

One of the benefits to the way Maas runs the offence is that it seems to limit the hits on the QB, which is why I don't think they are afraid to keep him in there.
    Was the same in Ottawa last year, Burris stayed in helped his numbers to no doubt but Maas doesn't pull his qbs

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Was the same in Ottawa last year, Burris stayed in helped his numbers to no doubt but Maas doesn't pull his qbs
    has also ran an offence that has kept the QB healthy all year (shouldn't have said that)
    #PizStrong

vCash

Snake....
    #PizStrong

vCash

Greenwhites still need a QB for the 2017 season and it's not Franklin so it's not that much of an X-factor. Where else is Durant going to sign, Montreal?
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

Snake....
    Tampering still alive and well in the CFL!!!!

vCash

I may be wrong, but wouldn't Hervey rather have his fingernails pulled out than help out Chris Jones?
    I can't see the Eskimos trading Franklin there. I would think it more likely he winds up in Toronto or Montreal. I think it is unlikely he plays another season as a backup to Reilly. His trade value is at a high right now. The closer he gets to free agency, the more his value decreases.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Childress View Post
    I may be wrong, but wouldn't Hervey rather have his fingernails pulled out than help out Chris Jones?
    I can't see the Eskimos trading Franklin there. I would think it more likely he winds up in Toronto or Montreal. I think it is unlikely he plays another season as a backup to Reilly. His trade value is at a high right now. The closer he gets to free agency, the more his value decreases.
    Riders would have to give a kings ransom for him, at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded to TO, we seem to like to set them up with QB's
    #PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

I think Jones could still pull it off using another team as a surrogate. Like Martin Jones from LA to Boston to SJ.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

I could certainly see Ed dangling the carrot with no intentions of making the deal with Saskatchewan. It will keep things uncertain in Saskatchewan if Jones' plan A is Franklin and his plan B is Durant. I think Hervey would have to get a helluva lot more from Sask than an Eastern club to make a deal. Even then...
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I could certainly see Ed dangling the carrot with no intentions of making the deal with Saskatchewan. It will keep things uncertain in Saskatchewan if Jones' plan A is Franklin and his plan B is Durant. I think Hervey would have to get a helluva lot more from Sask than an Eastern club to make a deal. Even then...
    Never enable an opponent in your division, especially when it's the Rectumangle.

I just coined that phrase, feel free to use it, everyone.
    #PizStrong

vCash

But what would you accept from any of those three teams? The Riders have some receivers, but we're not exactly needy in that department. I don't see much in TO or Montreal that I covet either. Hervey has brought in such a richness of talent across the board that I don't see us being improved much by a trade. Except possibly for a punter or returner.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Riders would have to give a kings ransom for him, at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded to TO, we seem to like to set them up with QB's
    I don't think even a kings ransom would be worth potentially setting up a division rival at the most important position on the field for a decade and a half.

vCash

Or a good DB....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    But what would you accept from any of those three teams? The Riders have some receivers, but we're not exactly needy in that department. I don't see much in TO or Montreal that I covet either. Hervey has brought in such a richness of talent across the board that I don't see us being improved much by a trade. Except possibly for a punter or returner.
    NI offensive line talent maybe?

Tough to say in the short term. MTL and TO have given their 1st round picks, 1 and 2 overall, away for peanuts on the dollar this year. It's already cost Popp his job, and looks like it'll be the same with Barker.

Maybe you can trade Franklin to MTL for Noel Thorpe, + +?
    #PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

I would take a starting NI tackle and a starting DB of any position. I honestly don't want picks.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Not sure what I'd want from the riders for Franklin..

I like the play of #31 and #11

But I'd need more..

vCash

Riellly's what 32? How many more seasons does he have left ?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Riellly's what 32? How many more seasons does he have left ?
    Reilly is 31 and has a good half decade left at least.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Reilly is 31 and has a good half decade left at least.
    Burris just buried us at 41. If Reilly continues in the Maas offense and doesn't run much I can see him wearing the Green and Gold for a while.
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    I don't think even a kings ransom would be worth potentially setting up a division rival at the most important position on the field for a decade and a half.
    What would you guys think of Maybe Jacob Ruby and Vernon Adams for Franklin. A Canadian Right tackle who is only 23 and a project QB would seem to me a very good return.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.