Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs - 2017

vCash
    Blog Entries

NHL NHL Playoffs - 2017

Here's a general thread for all non-Oilers playoff discussion.

Games on Right Now

Ottawa @ Boston: Ottawa led 3-0 at one point, but find themselves in a 3-3 tie going into the 3rd period.

Washington @ Toronto: In a similar scenario, Washington had leads of 2-0 and 3-1 before Toronto tied it up at 3-3.

Later Tonight

Chicago @ Nashville: Chicago is in deep doodoo after two ugly losses at home and trailing 2-0 heading into Bridgestone Arena.

Anaheim @ Calgary: Calgary also trails 2-0 in their series...and that's the way we like it.

Non-game-related News

- Roman Polak (TOR) and Mike Werenski (CBJ) out for the rest of the playoffs with injuries
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Re: NHL Playoffs - 2017

Nashville puts Chicago on the brink. Nobody saw this coming.

Calgary blows a 3 goal lead in the final 21 minutes and loses to Anaheim in OT. Amazing.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Flames fans on social media and CP are giving the Riders fans a run for their money. Calgary had 5 powerplays to 0 for Anaheim...yet somehow, a ton of them are convinced that the officials rigged the game and the league is conspiring against them. Go figure.

EDIT: Took a look at the goal and that's definitely a high stick. But after all the crowing the Flames fans have done this season and crowning themselves the Cup champs after a 10-game winning streak, I have no problem with the Flames being on the losing end of a bad call.
    Last edited by OK14; 04-18-2017 at 05:53 AM.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

It was very, very close. One replay shows how close it actually is. You have to have evidence to overturn that call and to me, it was that close. If that's the case, you can't overturn it in that situation.

Calgary still blew a 3 goal lead, blown call or not. They can't blame it all on the reffing and the NHL.

vCash

Irrespective of the high stick call, the Flames were blowing that game. I could feel the fear and the expectation of failure oozing through my TV last night. It's nice they have an excuse for losing though, I like watching patterns repeat themselves.

vCash

35 years ago we shot ourselves in the foot; but as is the tradition, Edmonton always does things bigger than Calgary.

“Hope at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are" - Markéta Irglová

vCash

I absolutely had a feeling Calgary was going to collapse. Classic playoff Brian Elliot.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

I saw bits and pieces of the Flames game because it's the Flames, who can sit there and watch an entire Flames game if they aren't playing the Oilers. I watched the 4-2 goal. Wow that was bad. As I got ready for bed because again, why would I stay up to watch a Flames game. I saw with less than 5 mins left, they Flamers were up 4-3. No way did I think the Flamers would completely blow a 4-1 lead.

In Hervey we trust.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Flames fans on social media and CP are giving the Riders fans a run for their money. Calgary had 5 powerplays to 0 for Anaheim...yet somehow, a ton of them are convinced that the officials rigged the game and the league is conspiring against them. Go figure.
    Those who blame others for their failures are doomed to repeat them.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Those who blame others for their failures are doomed to repeat them.
    This is really good. It could become a classic!!
    Lewis Black 2 rules of health

The good die young

Pricks live forever

vCash

FLAMES!!!

I was expecting they would at least win a game or 2 at home. I had the Ducks in 6 in my office bracket. Elliot. So much for that extension. Must win game, you sucked the previous game so you figure he would be motivated. Then on the second or third shot you let in that!! Not even 6 mins in and the coach says Screw it, you are done. WOW
    In Hervey we trust.

vCash
    Blog Entries

It just shows you how much goaltending matters. Calgary scored 9 goals in 4 games and lost all 4. Edmonton has scored 5 goals in 4 games and won 2 of them.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

A decent goalie is like a QB, teams that have them have a chance those that do not have no chance. some teams are always looking for them.

vCash

I really wanted to see a Calgary-Edmonton series. Some other decade I guess.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

If you use the word "adult" as a verb it is a very good indication that you are, in fact, not an adult.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I really wanted to see a Calgary-Edmonton series. Some other decade I guess.
    Within the next few years I'd imagine. SJ/LA are old. Calgary and Edmonton have some really great pieces moving forward.

A lot of people are predicting the demise of Anaheim because Perry and Getzlaf are aging but I just don't see it. Lindholm, Vatanen, Fowler, Rakell, Theodore, Gibson...all young and very very good.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Didn't want to start another thread just for this, but thought it was worthy of posting/discussing...

“Hope at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are" - Markéta Irglová

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Didn't want to start another thread just for this, but thought it was worthy of posting/discussing...

Just a little excessive...
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Just a little excessive...
    I don't know man. His neck is ****ed. He hasn't worked since. His career is over and his quality of life has severely decreased.

I'd want 10M too.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    I don't know man. His neck is ****ed. He hasn't worked since. His career is over and his quality of life has severely decreased.

I'd want 10M too.
    X2. If you don't have health, you have nothing.
    Lewis Black 2 rules of health

The good die young

Pricks live forever

vCash

I'd want 10M too.
    Didn't realize he was in that poor of shape.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

I'd want 10M too.
    Wow. How much do these refs make per year? Granted there is the quality of life factor as well, but don't linemen make less than $200K generally? I'm sure there is disability coverage as well to keep giving him salary as you'd think they'd have a pretty good insurance policy for a high risk activity like this.

Not disputing the lawsuit as he should go after Wideman for it, I'm just questioning the value.
    Last edited by bone; 04-20-2017 at 03:33 PM.

vCash

I didn't realize he hadn't reffed since the incident.
    Good on him for trying to get some money so he can take care of himself and his family for the rest of his life. He does have a good case so we shall see what comes of this.

vCash

The Vegas Golden Knights may have gotten worse by hiring Gary Lawless, but their social media guy is hilarious.

FIRE RHODES!

vCash
    Blog Entries

The Ducks weren't the only team to have a lousy Game 6.

The Pittsburgh Penguins had a shot at moving on tonight against the Caps - at home, no less - and were thumped to the tune of 5-2. It was actually 5-0 at one point and the Pens got booed off the ice.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    The Ducks weren't the only team to have a lousy Game 6.

The Pittsburgh Penguins had a shot at moving on tonight against the Caps - at home, no less - and were thumped to the tune of 5-2. It was actually 5-0 at one point and the Pens got booed off the ice.
    Like I said earlier...Washington was the better team early in the series but Fleury was standing on his head. But that Pittsburgh D looks putrid with Letang and Daley out.

vCash

Would have liked to have seen an Ottawa-Washington battle of the capitals series.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    Would have liked to have seen an Ottawa-Washington battle of the capitals series.
    I much more enjoy seeing Washington not move past the 2nd round, again.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

Go Nashville....this reminds of the 2012 LA Kings. A team that was much better than their record indicated who are demolishing teams in their way.

I don't think Anaheim has much left after the series they just had and having to jump back into a semi-final series less than 48 hours after game 7. Anaheim's depth got exposed and unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat...I'd be surprised if it goes 6 games.

Ottawa has been doing it with smoke and mirrors as far as I am concerned. And two very friendly matchups. That defense outside of Karlsson is pretty poor and I expect Pittsburgh's offense to exploit them. Unless Anderson can steal a couple of games...I don't think the series lasts very long.

Pittsburgh...well never count them out I guess. But they too have a D that is hurting bad without Letang and Daley. I mean...Ron Hainsey had over 20 minutes of ice time last night. 20 MINUTES for Ron freaking Hainsey! I think Pittsburgh has enough firepower to beat Ottawa but they won't last in the final. Mind you....never count them out...

vCash

Pittsburgh-Nashville final...that's what I see happening for sure.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Pittsburgh-Nashville final...that's what I see happening for sure.
    That'd be a great matchup.
    FIRE RHODES!