Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasons Tickets

vCash

Question Seasons Tickets

Received my season tickets in the mail today. Was surprised and disappointed quite frankly to see that I did not get paper tickets as I always have, but got the plastic cards instead. I know these have been around for a while but always preferred the paper tickets. I believe I called in to the office to renew my seats and was not asked if I wanted the cards, so it never crossed my mind at the time.

Question, are the paper tickets no longer an option? I think I will call the Esks office tomorrow to see if I can get the paper tickets as I always do.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments on the cards? Do you feel this is better than the paper tickets? Advantage/disadvantages?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: Seasons Tickets

The whole presentation sucks for the season tickets. Cheap and totally makes me feel like they could updnt care less if I was here or not. Suckiest package I've seen in the 20 odd years I've been getting Season Seats.
    Boooooo.
    I don't mind getting thrown under the bus as long as I get a honk honk from you so I know it's coming...

vCash

I agree. Pretty bush league to be honest. Nothing about it made me feel that they value me spending almost $3000 on tickets with them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    The whole presentation sucks for the season tickets. Cheap and totally makes me feel like they could updnt care less if I was here or not. Suckiest package I've seen in the 20 odd years I've been getting Season Seats.
    Boooooo.
    Damn that Ed Hervey he had to go! his marketing ideas are horrible

vCash

[IMG]20170515_202901_1
    pic upload edit
    [/IMG]

For those of you who don't have season tickets here is what you get. Look at it. Honestly, does this SS packaging look like an organization that gives a **** about it's long time season seat holders? This packaging is really representative of what the BOD and Rhodent think of us. It's just constant little insults like this over years which has turned me off supporting the team.

I don't want the card. I want the tickets. Here's a thought. How about the team that makes annual profits of over 1 million dollars gives SS holders the card AND tickets. WHOOOOAAAA! I know, i know.

Of course, Len isn't going to ask your opinion. Your opinion doesn't matter. Dictator will decide what he wants to do.... like light green seats in the upper deck, like removing the Grey Cup plaques and not replacing them, like being cheap with the Jumbotron upgrade, like forcing you to use the card, like bending you over with annual price increases for concessions, merchandise, and your seats, etc...

I'm waiting for the SS package that includes a plastic fob with a bar code and that's it. Not even a letter. Len Rhodes' wet dream.

Now i know why Len Rhodes got divorced. For his wife's 5 year wedding anniversary he gave her a 30.00 gift certificate to the Keg.

If Alberta was making 50 billion dollar surpluses every year would i have a problem with taxes going up? Your ****ing right i would! I guess that shouldn't apply to supporting a sports team, huh? For me the perfect Esks season this year would be the Esks winning every game and hoisting the Grey Cup. And also posting a 2 million dollar loss. Sorry, but that's how i feel. As fans we deserve better. This is a pathetic presentation and is not acceptable. There are other ways of doing things.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=seaso...w=1920&bih=950

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    I agree. Pretty bush league to be honest. Nothing about it made me feel that they value me spending almost $3000 on tickets with them.
    I give you rep for your passion. That's big money you're spending on the Esks.
    2015 EsksFans CFL Pool Winner

vCash
    Blog Entries

I'd love to see what the other teams in the League put out. Anyone here have an idea orpcs?
    I don't mind getting thrown under the bus as long as I get a honk honk from you so I know it's coming...

vCash

I'd love to see what the other teams in the League put out. Anyone here have an idea orpcs?
    Saskatchewan:

I had mentioned before that the Tiger Cat season tix holders get an all access card which entitles them to special perks including 15% off at stadium concessions.

Haven't seen the Lions stuff yet, but I know they've been promoting season ticket holders with the term "season memberships" - trying to promote the perks including 29% of game day prices, merchandise discounts, presales to select BC Place events, etc.

Argos season ticket holders get 4 bonus flex tickets, 10% off all online merch, special entry gates to BMO, 10% off tailgate parking pass, etc., etc., and a bonus gift with ticket mailings (haven't confirmed what that is)

Stampeders season tix include playoff game.
    Season-Ticket Benefits

All 11 games are included (pre-season, regular season and playoff game)
    Discounts on all regular priced merchandise at the Stamps Store and FanAttic stores
    Exclusive season ticket holder gifts and offers
    Pre-sale opportunities to the Grey Cup and other events
    Invitations to exclusive season ticket holder events
    Free ticket to a Calgary Roughnecks game for each season ticket purchased
    Convenient monthly payment plans available
    Discounts on Stampeders Season Ticket prices for youth under 12, students and seniors (65+)
    Flexible season ticket exchange program
    Access to exclusive information on the CalgaryNEXT project – calgaryNEXT.ca
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 05-15-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    “Hope at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are" - Markéta Irglová

vCash

The card is actually a brilliant idea....

I know it's not what a lot of people want but it's prob something that should happen more in sports...u just take your card and scan it..

Pretty sure soccer clubs are starting to take this approach these days..

This is prob how things will be done across the board in the future.. less paper and all that stuff..

The actual season ticket pack though leaves a lot to be desired. Should be way better perks like fridge magnets. Key rings.. litttle trinkets.. etc... so many options out there..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    Nothing about it made me feel that they value me spending almost $3000 on tickets with them.
    That's because they don't.

#lastyearever
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

If you use the word "adult" as a verb it is a very good indication that you are, in fact, not an adult.

vCash

very disappointed in the package as well. If they presented it well and offered in stadium concession discounts as well as additional "flex" tickets that you could redeem, season seat holders would see the value in having tickets and wouldn't mind if they offered lower price single game seats.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Boooooo.
    But Terry Jones has access to the locker room snacks now....
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    Blog Entries

Don't get me wrong...the cards are fine in the grand scheme of things. They could even take it one step farther and have different cards for different "tenures" so to speak. Oh you made it five years - you get this card. Ten years? This card... And have long term perks along with them. Our son just got his 7th season seat package in the mail yesterday and aside from a sticker to put on his horn...there's jack sh!t for him to be excited about. (he's six & 1/2) How about a mini football? A key chain? Lanyard? Hat? T-Shirt? Coupon for a picture? (which they did last in 2006 after the Grey Cup win) Something to justify the increase in price year after year. Frick, not even a little folder for your stuff like they used to send out.
    It reeks of cheap and as much as I hate to say it - I don't know why we should renew our Season Seats next year. I'm sure they'd love to get someone in there that's paying full price for our seats anyways...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Saskatchewan:

I had mentioned before that the Tiger Cat season tix holders get an all access card which entitles them to special perks including 15% off at stadium concessions.

Haven't seen the Lions stuff yet, but I know they've been promoting season ticket holders with the term "season memberships" - trying to promote the perks including 29% of game day prices, merchandise discounts, presales to select BC Place events, etc.

Argos season ticket holders get 4 bonus flex tickets, 10% off all online merch, special entry gates to BMO, 10% off tailgate parking pass, etc., etc., and a bonus gift with ticket mailings (haven't confirmed what that is)

Stampeders season tix include playoff game.
    Season-Ticket Benefits

All 11 games are included (pre-season, regular season and playoff game)
    Discounts on all regular priced merchandise at the Stamps Store and FanAttic stores
    Exclusive season ticket holder gifts and offers
    Pre-sale opportunities to the Grey Cup and other events
    Invitations to exclusive season ticket holder events
    Free ticket to a Calgary Roughnecks game for each season ticket purchased
    Convenient monthly payment plans available
    Discounts on Stampeders Season Ticket prices for youth under 12, students and seniors (65+)
    Flexible season ticket exchange program
    Access to exclusive information on the CalgaryNEXT project – calgaryNEXT.ca
    Would love to see what you get as a package for the other teams as well. My brother in law in Cold Lake has had Rider tix for years and they get something cool like that every year. (Not just for the farewell season or inaugural season) I remember a few years ago the Argos gave away the "leatherhead helmets" with season tickets.

vCash

Another underwhelming Lyin' Lenny production
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Just called the Eskimos office. No paper tickets this year as they've done in the past. If you want printed tickets, they will do that for $10 per seat, but it will be the generic kind you get at the gate, not the nice season ticket ones like they've had in the past.

Just another thing that leaves a bad taste. I've been excited ti get the season ticket package since I was going to games as a kid with my dad. I used to collect them and put them in an album. Now, with the plastic card, there's nothing to get excited about. Death by a thousand paper cuts.....

vCash
    Blog Entries

Just a little bit of a difference in the presentation there... #rhodestonowhere

vCash
    Blog Entries

The more I think about this the crankier I'm getting...

vCash

They don't want people thinking!

vCash

First reaction is that people are overreacting. I got a card instead of paper ticket! I only got a sticker not a mini-football! It's not very flashy! Waaahhh!!!

But if adding the little extras is is the difference between your ticket holders feeling special vs underappreciated, then the EEFC should take notice.

vCash

How long before they cut the sticker out of the season ticket package. By the 2019 season, I bet that is gone as well.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Don't get me wrong...the cards are fine in the grand scheme of things. They could even take it one step farther and have different cards for different "tenures" so to speak. Oh you made it five years - you get this card. Ten years? This card... And have long term perks along with them. Our son just got his 7th season seat package in the mail yesterday and aside from a sticker to put on his horn...there's jack sh!t for him to be excited about. (he's six & 1/2) How about a mini football? A key chain? Lanyard? Hat? T-Shirt? Coupon for a picture? (which they did last in 2006 after the Grey Cup win) Something to justify the increase in price year after year. Frick, not even a little folder for your stuff like they used to send out.
    It reeks of cheap and as much as I hate to say it - I don't know why we should renew our Season Seats next year. I'm sure they'd love to get someone in there that's paying full price for our seats anyways...
    I'm going to run some comparisons to the "cheap" season packages for my favourite teams in some CFL-level leagues that I went and saw last month - Super Rugby, the NRL, and Australian Football League. Plus MLS for kicks. All these leagues have similar salary levels, roughly similar travel requirements (some far more, some less), so the economics for all of them are reasonably close.

Auckland Blues - Super Rugby
    6 home games - $119

Tangible items:
    Membership card and lanyard
    Welcome pack and gift (including scarf, letter from coach, etc.)
    Kids Club gift pack with purchase of membership for U13yr
    Includes transport on trains and special event buses on match day

Exclusive invites / digital:
    Invitation to matchday function with players
    Entry to the Sapphires VIP Champagne Bar
    Pre-sale for Super Rugby Blues home finals tickets/same seats
    Blues Club exclusive promotions
    Entry to the Blues Club Lounges at Eden Park and QBE Stadium
    Match Day digital program
    VIP entry at the Blues matches
    Exclusive Member offers on The Blues App
    Special partner discounts and offers (e.g. Wine Club discount)
    Exclusive digital content pre/post-match

Discounts:
    15% discount on Blues kit via online store
    10% discount on tickets to regular season home games and corporate hospitality
    5% discount on tickets for Brisbane Global Tens
    10% discount on Blues Travel packages
    Discount at Blues Clubhouse venues
    Discounted entry to Blues events e.g. Season Launch

NZ Warriors - NRL
    11 home games - $199 or less
    (includes admission to U20 junior games & reserve-team games held on same day as home games; double- or triple-headers are the norm)

Tangible items:
    Choice of cap, scarf or junior pack
    2017 members key ring
    2017 members bumper sticker

Exclusive invites:
    Pre- and post-match access to Members' Clubrooms at Mt Smart Stadium
    Register for exclusive game day benefits
    Invite to junior footy clinic
    Invites to meet the team & members only events
    Exclusive member communications
    First priority ticketing access to NRL Finals & State of Origin representative games
    Warriors members only merchandise
    Eligible for Warriors loyalty programme

Discounts:
    Discounts on official Warriors merchandise
    Ticketing discounts for eligible Warriors games

Western Bulldogs - AFL
    11 games (9 home games + 2 replacement away games in Melbourne) - $215 (adults; variety of junior/toddler/baby memberships available)

Tangible items:
    Choice of cap, scarf or beanie
    Membership pack* (items unknown)
    The Bulldog Magazine (one per household)

Exclusive invites:
    Priority access to purchase week 1-3 finals tickets (subject to participation)

Discounts:
    10% member discount on select merchandise at the Bulldogs Shop
    Discounts at Wharf Hotel, Eureka Skydeck, Melbourne Aquarium, Strike Bowling, Pancake Parlour

Seattle Sounders - MLS
    20 games (includes 3 friendlies/Champions League home games) - $480

Tangible items:
    Membership card & lanyard (they were doing mobile tickets only but that didn't work well)
    Member scarf
    Sounders FC clear bag for gameday

Exclusive:
    Sounders Alliance Membership with Alliance Council voting privileges (including opportunity to vote out GM every 4 years)
    Presale opportunities
    Relocation priority for next season
    Playoff priority
    Ticket sharing/reselling options
    Access to member events
    Access to Sounders FC MatchPass Rewards program (based on attendance & in-stadium purchases, can redeem points for experiences like high-five tunnel, pitchside access, etc.)

Discounts:
    Discount off single match ticket purchases
    Discounts through Pub Partnership Program
    15% discount at Sounders FC Pro Shop

Edmonton Eskimos
    10 games - $257.50 (most expensive)

Tangible items:
    Membership card
    Logo sticker
    Includes ETS transport on game day
    Free tickets to Huskies and Wildcats junior football
    Extra ticket to pre-season game (according to photo above; website says extra ticket to Labour Day rematch, which would be much better)

Exclusive:
    Pre-sales on events, including Grey Cup
    Access to referral program
    Priority for playoff tickets
    Relocation priority for next season
    Access to season seat holder events
    Redeem unused tickets for single game
    Early access to locker room sale

Discounts:
    Discount on additional single game tickets
    10% Discount on merchandise
    Discounts on Northlands parking, Crystal Glass, Jiffy Lube, airport Esks sports bar, jetSet parking, Discount Car & Truck Rental, Boston Pizza, Sawmill
    50% discount on U of A tickets

So honestly? We're probably on-par with the discounts, and maybe a little behind on the exclusives, but not far. But tangible items? Woefully behind. To get a hat or a toque or a scarf or a little duffel game bag or SOMETHING more than once a decade would sure be nice. Like Boydo, I even appreciated the little ticket folders in the early 2000's...so much for those.

And if they are really mixing up what they have on the website with what's on the ticket package for the invite-a-friend voucher? That's outright terrible. See here: http://www.esks.com/the-perks/ Is it just me, or do they say "Labour Day Rematch"?

When I get my package I'm going to call and demand the extra LD rematch ticket. They advertise it, they should give it to us, and just maybe they'll get some new fans out of that game if they fill the place and we play well. Wonder if they realize the potential there?
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash
    Blog Entries

It does indeed say Labor Day Rematch on the Website... Pretty sure our little coupon says pre-season game though. (oh...and you need to fill out who is getting the ticket along with email address so they can start spamming them with "deals").

vCash

The free LRT saves me $100 a year.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

If you use the word "adult" as a verb it is a very good indication that you are, in fact, not an adult.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    First reaction is that people are overreacting. I got a card instead of paper ticket! I only got a sticker not a mini-football! It's not very flashy! Waaahhh!!!

But if adding the little extras is is the difference between your ticket holders feeling special vs underappreciated, then the EEFC should take notice.
    Your package as a ST holder should set the tone for your experience with the product. It doesn't have to be flashy, or filled with useless stuff, but it should be well thought out. As with most efforts from the marketing side in recent years, they give the impression that either it wasn't well thought out at all, or those doing the thinking are inept

Other comparisons, (yes factoring in related purchase prices, but still some nice ideas in here)

Compared to what Lyin Lenny rolled out, other teams put actual effort in to making their ST holders feel appreciated. Longer term ST holders should receive added gifts as appreciation
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

$1.4 million in profit, with nothing going back to the paying customer.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Your package as a ST holder should set the tone for your experience with the product. It doesn't have to be flashy, or filled with useless stuff, but it should be well thought out. As with most efforts from the marketing side in recent years, they give the impression that either it wasn't well thought out at all, or those doing the thinking are inept

Other comparisons, (yes factoring in related purchase prices, but still some nice ideas in here)

Compared to what Lyin Lenny rolled out, other teams put actual effort in to making their ST holders feel appreciated. Longer term ST holders should receive added gifts as appreciation
    This...exactly this. I'm sorry if it sounds like whining - but with the profit this club is making and the amount they're charging for seats - they could do SOMETHING. Frick, at this point ANYTHING would be better than the crap they sent in an envelope this year.

vCash

They charge huge prices for tickets, don't listen to fans, give ST holders nada, have the lamest game day experience imaginable and then blame Ed Hervey for declining attendance.

Everything the EEFC does screams "we're not the big game in town, but we've been here a long time so we're entitled".

vCash

We are nothing but a number to Lyin' Len. We are non human.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Imagine if we had something like this...

http://www.bardown.com/minor-league-...lders-1.752607

vCash

Imagine if we had something like this...

http://www.bardown.com/minor-league-...lders-1.752607
    So awesome.
    FIRE RHODES!