Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskimos Roster - 2017 Season

vCash

Attention Eskimos Roster - 2017 Season

Because it was time....

vCash

Re: Eskimos Roster - 2017 Season

Maas says we won't know until Friday how his roster will be set for the BC game on Saturday. By my count, he has 8 guys to juggle around in order to get to the 46-man game roster. Some interesting decisions especially now that Young & Hightower are back practicing.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Maas says we won't know until Friday how his roster will be set for the BC game on Saturday. By my count, he has 8 guys to juggle around in order to get to the 46-man game roster. Some interesting decisions especially now that Young & Hightower are back practicing.....
    I see Hightower and Chambers hitting the 1 game IR leaving 6 more. We have 9 Olineman (3 internationals and 6 nationals) listed on our roster so I think at least 2 of them will end up 6 gamed. Washington or Kelly and more than likely Roy as he learns the system. We also have 9 receivers (5 internationals and 4 nationals) on the roster so probably a couple of them will hit the list (Chambers already listed on my board) I predict Bryant Mitchell. With 3 running backs and 3 fullbacks listed maybe a couple of them as well, I predict Lochard and Van and finally with 4 safety's listed I think one of them will make the Injured list, I predict Hoover.
    #PizStrong

vCash

If you're on the 6-game IR, I don't believe that you can even practice with the team?
    That's what led to a fine against the Wheatards last season if I recall....

Esks not getting a lot of love from 3downnation here...

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/21/3d...17-cfl-season/

Ian Busby says "There's nothing really special about what the Eskimos are doing nowadays" umm... did we not lead the league in most offensive categories last year as well as boast the leagues top passer, top receiver, and top recieving duo in the FIRST season of a brand new and complicated system? Not to mention we won 6 of our last 7 coming down the stretch and if John White plays the whole season the way he played the second half of last year, he should win the rushing title as well.

IMO the offence will be even more dangerous this year so all that's left to determine is whether or not our D can take a step forward in year 2 of Benny's system with an improved front 4 and more talent available in the secondary. If we're even marginally improved on that side of the ball, then there's no reason we shouldn't be in the mix with BC and Calgary.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Esks not getting a lot of love from 3downnation here...

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/21/3d...17-cfl-season/

Ian Busby says "There's nothing really special about what the Eskimos are doing nowadays" umm... did we not lead the league in most offensive categories last year as well as boast the leagues top passer, top receiver, and top recieving duo in the FIRST season of a brand new and complicated system? Not to mention we won 6 of our last 7 coming down the stretch and if John White plays the whole season the way he played the second half of last year, he should win the rushing title as well.

IMO the offence will be even more dangerous this year so all that's left to determine is whether or not our D can take a step forward in year 2 of Benny's system with an improved front 4 and more talent available in the secondary. If we're even marginally improved on that side of the ball, then there's no reason we shouldn't be in the mix with BC and Calgary.
    Esks don't seem to be getting any love from any of the prognosticators this season. They keep pointing to offseason troubles as the why.

IMHO, the roster was basically set by the time those "offseason troubles" arrived and last time I checked, the GM didn't play the games. I think we contend for second place in the west.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

The Esks aren't getting love because their defense is extremely suspect and their ST just as bad.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    The Esks aren't getting love because their defense is extremely suspect and their ST just as bad.
    So is Winnipeg's, but prognosticators are falling all over themselves to give the bombers love.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    So is Winnipeg's, but prognosticators are falling all over themselves to give the bombers love.
    Winnipeg has done a better job of rebuilding their defense than Edmonton has.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Nichiolls will help the bombers alot the way he is playing but there is ZERO chance their defense can do what they do last year as far as scoring plays and turnover differential are concerned.

The comments about the Esks defense are 100% spot on if you ask me, Our pass rush has stagnated to some extent and our secondary is very suspect.

Their defence WAS extremely suspect in the first two thirds of last season but then it started to show a bit of improvement down the stretch durning that winning streak. So there should be improvement based on the fact that it's year two of the program and not to mention there's more talent in the front 4 and the secondary than there was this time last year.

That being said, it's not that surprising I guess that national media guys who don't follow the team closely are unaware of these things, but I am surprised at how many of them have us being worse than Winnipeg. I'm optamistic that we'll be competitive with BC and Calgary but I'm confident that we will be better than Winnipeg and Sask.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Their defence WAS extremely suspect in the first two thirds of last season but then it started to show a bit of improvement down the stretch durning that winning streak. So there should be improvement based on the fact that it's year two of the program and not to mention there's more talent in the front 4 and the secondary than there was this time last year.

That being said, it's not that surprising I guess that national media guys who don't follow the team closely are unaware of these things, but I am surprised at how many of them have us being worse than Winnipeg. I'm optamistic that we'll be competitive with BC and Calgary but I'm confident that we will be better than Winnipeg and Sask.
    TRUE. all true.

We should be better defensively with the additions on paper. Should.
    But BC got better on paper as well.

So id say we will be better as a whole, but standings be near the same since BC improved. on paper.

What everyone(media) keeps pointing to moreso than the defense is the "how will they replace Walker" narrative. IMO, thats not even the issue, i believe the offence will continue to do well by committee .

vCash

Winnipeg has done a better job of rebuilding their defense than Edmonton has.
    Not sure I agree with this. I would suggest that Adams, Hightower, Thompson, Young and Peters are significantly better than what we were using last year, not to mention a Dline that has added Cummings and Bowers. Also the addition of Colquhoun makes the national talent level slightly better as well. The one area we may have gotten slightly worse is our linebacking core but I also don't think Lacey was very good in coverage, so that remains to be seen.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Behar has officially been signed, making 9 moves that we still need to know about. #access

#PizStrong

vCash

So his term of being an indentured servant begins does it?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    So his term of being an indentured servant begins does it?
    Would love to see that first conversation between him and Odell
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    TRUE. all true.

We should be better defensively with the additions on paper. Should.
    But BC got better on paper as well.

So id say we will be better as a whole, but standings be near the same since BC improved. on paper.

What everyone(media) keeps pointing to moreso than the defense is the "how will they replace Walker" narrative. IMO, thats not even the issue, i believe the offence will continue to do well by committee .
    Preseason ball didn't seem to reveal any blitz packages for most teams. Will an improved EE defensive backfield allow a more frequent or diverse blitz package? Here's hoping.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

“I accepted a two-year contract with the Edmonton Eskimos because it will allow me to explore new opportunities in 2019,” Behar, says.

WOW...this guy......
    unreal.

Via Edm Sun

In and out

DB Forrest Hightower left practice early again on Wednesday ... RB John White was tended to following a collision with DB Garry Peters but returned soon after.

“He's fine, I think he just got the wind knocked out of him,” said head coach Jason Maas. “If that happens, you're going to be out for a few plays anyway, which is good for (backup LaDarius) Perkins to see it.

“You hope that doesn't happen in a game, but that's part of it.”

@GerryModdejonge

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

I hope Brock gets him outta town asap if he starts becoming a cancer in the room.

vCash

Piss off Nate, you're no longer part of this team, so who cares what u think?

vCash

Guy did everything that was asked of him when he was on the field, no need to bash him.
    #PizStrong

vCash

“I accepted a two-year contract with the Edmonton Eskimos because it will allow me to explore new opportunities in 2019,” Behar, says.

WOW...this guy......
    unreal.

Via Edm Sun

In and out

DB Forrest Hightower left practice early again on Wednesday ... RB John White was tended to following a collision with DB Garry Peters but returned soon after.

“He's fine, I think he just got the wind knocked out of him,” said head coach Jason Maas. “If that happens, you're going to be out for a few plays anyway, which is good for (backup LaDarius) Perkins to see it.

“You hope that doesn't happen in a game, but that's part of it.”

@GerryModdejonge
    This guy is saying all the wrong things so far, time for Odell, Reilly and Sheritt to show him how to be a professional.

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/20/na...-signing-esks/
    #PizStrong

vCash

This kid doesn't know when to shut up. I don't know how one walks into a locker room after saying some of the things he has, particularly since he will be making more money than a bunch of the Americans on the team. Talk about making a bad first impression.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Guy did everything that was asked of him when he was on the field, no need to bash him.
    He was a big underachiever in my books a NI that came in with great promise to be a difference maker and never was.

Having said that he can say whatever he wants, just like the rest of us but he seems to have a grudge which is also fine.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He was a big underachiever in my books a NI that came in with great promise to be a difference maker and never was.

Having said that he can say whatever he wants, just like the rest of us but he seems to have a grudge which is also fine.
    He was a good possession receiver and an outstanding blocker, not overly sexy things but needed elements.
    #PizStrong

vCash

He could be speaking (tweeting) based on experience.....

vCash

DB Forrest Hightower left practice early again on Wednesday

this guy is becoming a walking bandaid

vCash

Yeah, we don't care what ex-players think. They have no experience or alternative perspective that adds value to the conversation. So take note all you ex-players posting on social media or on this forum, writfiler doesn't want to hear from you

/end sarcasm
    "Because this Eskimo experience is not made for just anyone" - KP

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post

This kid doesn't know when to shut up. I don't know how one walks into a locker room after saying some of the things he has, particularly since he will be making more money than a bunch of the Americans on the team. Talk about making a bad first impression.
    Only one way for Behar to make it through this. That is to play like the all-start he thinks he is.