Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GDT--Esks v Ottawa

vCash

Re: GDT--Esks v Ottawa

Figueroa had a warning from the refs and had his helmet adjusted during an injury timeout. Ottawa D player should have been flagged later for crashing the pile without his helmet

Article 8 Illegal Participation: A player who loses his helmet shall not be allowed to continue to participate in the play. PENALTY: L10
    "Because this Eskimo experience is not made for just anyone" - KP

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SandManFan View Post
    Figueroa had a warning from the refs and had his helmet adjusted during an injury timeout. Ottawa D player should have been flagged later for crashing the pile without his helmet

Article 8 Illegal Participation: A player who loses his helmet shall not be allowed to continue to participate in the play. PENALTY: L10
    I thought the Ottawa player did a fair job of restraining himself. He stood at the outside of the pile, clearly wanting to jump in, but didn't do anything other than putting his hands on the backs of his teammates.

vCash

Also wondering why we haven't seen Childress in here lately? If it's speed you want in the linebacking core, than Bullitt is your man. Thought he had a good camp but they were breaking him in slowly, might have to speed that curve up a little.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Would love to be able to watch the game again with an eye on Maston, seemed to do a decent job but tough to tell without a birds eye view and knowing the assignments. I did see him make up about a 3 stride deficit as the ball was being thrown and he broke up the play as it got there.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Also wondering why we haven't seen Childress in here lately?
    Look at our record
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Would love to be able to watch the game again with an eye on Maston, seemed to do a decent job but tough to tell without a birds eye view and knowing the assignments. I did see him make up about a 3 stride deficit as the ball was being thrown and he broke up the play as it got there.
    From what I saw out of Maston in training camp, and the game, he looks like a keeper. Great athleticism, speed, mechanics, physicality, and most of all looks firmly invested. Lanky guy. Just needs the experience and knowledge.

vCash

If you look at the standings the points the Eskimos have scored are pretty dismal. Perhaps the bye week was a bit of a set back but to only be scoring 25 points a game is disappointing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    If you look at the standings the points the Eskimos have scored are pretty dismal. Perhaps the bye week was a bit of a set back but to only be scoring 25 points a game is disappointing.
    Not when you're giving up less. Take the wins any way you can right now, and make hay early in the season.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

Always takes the offense a while to come together early in the season. I'd like to see a higher powered offense too, but if the call is to "just win, baby" as I hear ofgen round these parts....well, that's exactly what they've delivered.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I fully expect the offence to come around and the defence to regress a little (injuries have to start taking their toll don't they???)but hopefully they offset each other and we keep on winning.

vCash

Now the richest players on the roster! Congrats!
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

Finally got a chance to watch the game last night. A few thoughts:

-Dline had some pretty good pressure but need to finish the play. Should have had about 4-5 sacks.
    -Ladler had a splendid game and really beginning to see how well he sees the field.
    -Got to give Benny some serious credit for how our defense is playing. 21 points against a very good offense with a bandaid linebacking core.
    -Van and Zylstra were the bright spots on offense. Reilly has just looked off this season to me. And it's worth noting how little he seems to look to run these days. Not a complaint necessarily...more of an observation. 33 yards rushing this season.
    -Nice to see special teams step up with the block. Lawrence looked just like the Kendial Lawrence I remember returning the ball. In other words, infuriating and I am wondering why he is back there. Which usually means he will return one for a TD next week. That was usually the pattern...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

and a big congratulations to them for becoming my new best friends...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

Awesome. Went to school with QT. Good guy. Funny guy. And a long time fan!!